ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 Cowtown Cat vs. BigBlueFanGA

Who would win head to head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 2021 NBA All-Time NBA Draft. The objective of the draft was to draft a team that will beat your opponent in a best of 7 games.

Round 2 will last for two days. Voters please vote for the team you believe would win. You will be able to change your vote if the discussion sways you the other way.

@Cowtown Cat - Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Kawhi Leonard, Bob Cousy, Clyde Drexler, Bob Pettit, Shawn Kemp, Chauncey Billups, HC Pat Riley, Ben Wallace, Andre Iguodala, Earl Monroe

vs.

@BigBlueFanGA - Wilt Chamberlain, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Ray Allen, Alex English, Damian Lillard, Bernard King, Devin Booker, Dan Issel, Hal Greer, HC Lenny Wilkens

I also have two excellent playmaking guards in Cousy and Monroe. They were both the best ball handlers of their eras. Cousy revolutionized the PG position and was the engine to the first several years of the Celtics dynasty.

Reactions: BBUK
LOL I’ll make sure to take two or three former Cats next time. Maybe I’ll get more votes. 🙄
Haha, they weren't gratuitous picks. AD will go down as one of the best who ever played the game. He is a special player with unique abilities. I very much wanted him to man my low post alongside Wilt for obvious reasons. On my bench, I wanted scorers++. Issel comes in at 11th all time in the ABA/NBA career points list. He was 2nd in the ABA and 148th in the NBA. He finished with more NBA points than Bill Russell. He was a tough, high basketball IQ player who could score. That is exactly what I needed. As for Booker, I needed a high scoring SG but the greats were all picked. That forced me to current players and I don't think there is any debate about his scoring ability, it is outstanding.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Haha, they weren't gratuitous picks. AD will go down as one of the best who ever played the game. He is a special player with unique abilities. I very much wanted him to man my low post alongside Wilt for obvious reasons. On my bench, I wanted scorers++. Issel comes in at 11th all time in the ABA/NBA career points list. He was 2nd in the ABA and 148th in the NBA. He finished with more NBA points than Bill Russell. He was a tough, high basketball IQ player who could score. That is exactly what I needed. As for Booker, I needed a high scoring SG but the greats were all picked. That forced me to current players and I don't think there is any debate about his scoring ability, it is outstanding.
I’m not saying they’re not great players, they are. My team has a ton more Finals and playoff experience in general than yours. I can’t even fathom how that’s NOT a huge factor in a 7 game series.

I only have one player on my entire roster that didn’t win a NBA championship. That guy, Kemp, played in the Finals against Jordan’s Bulls and took them 6 games. I have four guys that won Finals MVPs.

I have the best center to ever play the game, who is also the all time leading scorer in history. I also have two perimeter defenders that would lock up any shooter they play against.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBUK
I’m not saying they’re not great players, they are. My team has a ton more Finals and playoff experience in general than yours. I can’t even fathom how that’s NOT a huge factor in a 7 game series.

I only have one player on my entire roster that didn’t win a NBA championship. That guy, Kemp, played in the Finals against Jordan’s Bulls and took them 6 games. I have four guys that won Finals MVPs.

I have the best center to ever play the game, who is also the all time leading scorer in history. I also have two perimeter defenders that would lock up any shooter they play against.
I take issue with your position that Kareem is the best center to ever play the game. Who are the 2 lockdown defenders again? Oh yeah, Kawhi and Andre. NBA titles tend to be won by offense, not defense.

Last edited:
My team is being grossly underrated.
I totally could see why someone would vote for the other team over yours; it’s close. I was torn myself. To me though, there’s no way the vote differential would be this high if not for the UK players. That’s not a knock on GA, either. His strategy worked. I just hate my stance immediately cost me a vote lol

I totally could see why someone would vote for the other team over yours; it’s close. I was torn myself. To me though, there’s no way the vote differential would be this high if not for the UK players. That’s not a knock on GA, either. His strategy worked. I just hate my stance immediately cost me a vote lol
Lol, it didn't. Even if I had noticed I would have forgotten in about 2 seconds. I really preferred Yay's team (barely - basically a coin flip), whether I'm right or not I don't know.

Reactions: drcats2013
I take issue with your position that Kareem is the best center to ever play the game. Who are the 2 lockdown defenders again? Oh yeah, Kawhi and Andre. NBA titles tend to be won by offense, not defense.
Name a center better. Debatable whether offense tends to win titles. That’s completely opinion based.

Wilt Chamberlain is the only player my opponent has that was a Finals MVP, with a total of one. I have four total Finals MVPs, two of which have won the award multiple times. Nine out of ten of my players won NBA rings as well. 🤔

Wilt Chamberlain is the only player my opponent has that was a Finals MVP, with a total of one. I have four total Finals MVPs, two of which have won the award multiple times. Nine out of ten of my players won NBA rings as well. 🤔
I respect that, but those title accomplishments are team based. You aren't suggesting that Bill Cartwright is better than Wilt because he has more titles are you?

Name a center better. Debatable whether offense tends to win titles. That’s completely opinion based.
Prime Wilt was better than Kareem. Old, post patellar tendon rupture Wilt was basically Kareems equal. To quote Kareem from then when he was talking about playing harder against Wilt than any other player, Kareem saidif he didn't "Wilt would have destroyed me". Wilt, even at that age, blocked Kareem's skyhook twice on a single possession once. He blocked it many times. Young Wilt was unstoppable and we're talking primes in this draft. The debate of which was better will never end.

I respect that, but those title accomplishments are team based. You aren't suggesting that Bill Cartwright is better than Wilt because he has more titles are you?
Except Cartwright wasn’t a Finals MVP or anywhere close. He wasn’t even close to All Star caliber.

None of my guys were role players. They were all important, crucial pieces to the teams they played on. My backup center, Ben Wallace, neutralized Shaq in the Finals.

Prime Wilt was better than Kareem. Old, post patellar tendon rupture Wilt was basically Kareems equal. To quote Kareem from then when he was talking about playing harder against Wilt than any other player, Kareem saidif he didn't "Wilt would have destroyed me". Wilt, even at that age, blocked Kareem's skyhook twice on a single possession once. He blocked it many times. Young Wilt was unstoppable and we're talking primes in this draft. The debate of which was better will never end.
Debatable at best. Just about every opinion I’ve read has Kareem rated higher than Wilt. Both great centers, though.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
I thought cowtowns team stood out. I think he’s losing to AD and the popularity vote tbh.
And...that’s all I got. Great stuff I know.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Except Cartwright wasn’t a Finals MVP or anywhere close. He wasn’t even close to All Star caliber.

None of my guys were role players. They were all important, crucial pieces to the teams they played on. My backup center, Ben Wallace, neutralized Shaq in the Finals.
Ben Wallace? Are you talking about the finals where Shaq averaged 27/11 and Ben averaged 11/14? I guess you could call that neutralized.

Debatable at best. Just about every opinion I’ve read has Kareem rated higher than Wilt. Both great centers, though.
I literally looked about 30 links on this subject. It is absolutely split. Young Wilt seems to be forgotten with time and that is shame. He was a totally dominant freak of nature. Kareem played until he started collecting social security. Far more people today remember Kareem playing. That is his advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT