ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Pitino keep it classy

Rick Pitino's Banner

• Total voters
And bring up football to soothe the feeling of UK dominating them in basketball. [roll]

Won't be long till Petrino wants a little hooker action, then that'll be gone too. Or Petrino might want some coed attention. He'll be down for the count. Again.

Those who said losses is all that will make the UL fan base turn on Rick are correct. He has pretty much said and done anything he wants at UL and they still love him but you let him have a bad season and he is gone.

Reactions: kat57
I reported this post and I got a message saying it had been rejected. The message said "Threads asking for Card fans to post end up like that". So I need clarification from a mod. If a UK fan starts a UL thread, UL fans can get away with bringing up UK being on probation because they were baited into it?
hmmmmmm, that is interesting.

I think if it had not been for 2013 he would already be gone. I recall the natives were getting restless in 2012. Whoregate would have sealed the deal. Their entire fanbase would have suddenly gotten a case of the morals and run him out of town.

Curious where the moral high ground comes from. When did UK fire a coach, of any sport, for moral turpitude?

Sucks doesn't it. All you kind had was "cal cheats, UK cheats" and now we find that actually YOUR coaches are the trash. Everyone knows it, so NOW you want to play the "no morals" game.

You are a joke and so is your school. Try to beat us sometime in the next 10 years.

And bring up football to soothe the feeling of UK dominating them in basketball. [roll]

They act as if they have a good football program. They don't.

They have an average Jane football program and an average basketball program. Louisville is small potatoes. No one outside of UK considers them anything. Not bad, good, average, Etc. they don't exist in the minds of people outside the state. They remind me of the Hog Nose snake. Puff that chest like a cobra, hiss like some kind of mamba, play dead like a possum when ish hits the fan.

Did he say anything that wasn't true? You could have thrown ten times as much truth right back in his face but it appears no one is capable off looking up Louisville's history. They went 19 years between final fours thanks to Denny Crum and Rick Pitino and your offended by him saying UK went 9? Louisville was on probation twice during the 90's including post season ban and your upset that he brought something up from the 80's?

You should be laughing at his ignorance instead of being upset.
I think more of the point was/is...this is ban worthy (or at least deleted) on UL's board but accepted on this board.

If our Coach ever had sex on a table in a restaurant I would want him fired immediately. Honestly, I want his name removed from our rafters because of that incident alone.
What if the coach was George Costanza and he was not aware that that sort of thing is frowned upon at UK?
th

#1...first and foremost, kill their cell phones
#2...deny taking EBT cards at the Yum..
#3 ...no alcohol of any kind.
#4 ..talk about how hideous line beards look
#5..Twill IS NOT Elvis

I think more of the point was/is...this is ban worthy (or at least deleted) on UL's board but accepted on this board.

Louisville fans didn't start this thread, that's my point. Don't invite people if you don't want them sitting on your couch. I can't speak for other sites, they're all independently operated.

3 REX ARE YOU CRAZY.

Don't like my post ur gonna get me killed.
Louisville fans didn't start this thread, that's my point. Don't invite people if you don't want them sitting on your couch. I can't speak for other sites, they're all independently operated.

Our mods aren't cowards. That's the difference.

Reactions: 3rex
I can't think of anything that could realistically happen that would be worse than Fifteeno's humiliations during the last few years. Despite the frequent scandals surrounding the Louisville basketball program, the Card fans continue to think that Ricky Three Stacks is a great person. They are actually shameless enough to attempt calling out the ethics of other programs while standing with Pitino and Petrino. I've never seen anything quite like it. Seriously, is there anything that Pitino could do that would make Card fans turn on him?
They don't need to turn on him. They need to hug him and keep him for six more years.[winking]

Those who said losses is all that will make the UL fan base turn on Rick are correct. He has pretty much said and done anything he wants at UL and they still love him but you let him have a bad season and he is gone.
I agree but think it would take 2 bad seasons with one being a losing record.

If it turns out that Pitino either had something to do with Hookergate or knew about it and didn't try to stop it, that would turn a few fans off from liking him. Maybe probation and serious sanctions would be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Anyone who thinks Rick didn't know about hookergate is in deep denial. I'd bet money he was behind getting McGee to set up the Embassy suites trick with Blakeney and his guardian.

Reactions: Brando Mac
Scream morals and ethics all you want. RP wins. Petrino wins. Losing gets you fired. Violations get you fired. This UL team, with the right draw, is a Final Four team. I await your rebuttals.

So let me get this straight: Pitino's lack of morals, ethics, and class don't matter to Louisville fans because he wins. Yet Louisville fans fall over each other to jump to attack and condemn Coach Cal, who wins more than Pitino, based on what they claim is a lack of morals, ethics, and character? That's just...I have no words.

Reactions: JC for 3
i keep seeing ul fans that think they may be a final 4 team. thats laughable, they havent even beaten ONE decent team yet. not one. its the same crap players they had last year, with two 5th year guys that are decent. thats it. the only difference, is their super soft schedule.

You do understand things like evidence, burden of proof, hearsay, and motive, don't you? In the US legal system, mirrored by the NCAA infractions committee, those things are usually required.

The NCAA has nothing to do with the legal system. The NCAA doesn't even need to have the burden of proof, hearsay is enough for them.

Reactions: Brando Mac
You joined this board young if you are just now finishing college.
That would be accurate, assuming I was finishing one solitary undergrad degree. And that I went to college immediately after high school. And that I didn't work between degrees. And that I wasn't attending a grad program. And that I wasn't a 37 year old senior in high school.

Well, some of those are true, but enough aren't that your deduction is a little bit off.

Or, technically, the truth of that statement is contingent on what you meant by "young". I was 19, as opposed to the ~13 that you likely had in mind.

If they haven't turned on him by now, it will never happen. He always gets by and the proof is so many UK fans make excuses for him and get upset if we talk about removing his jersey. UL fans will always be with Rick.
I agree, also I figured beating him 8 out of 9 times would do it, hey if they are happy with him still, it suits me too, lol.

Well, I appreciate the great sportsmanship, empathy, and class shown by all around. But, I am off to the Music City Bowl. Please carry on.

Exactly! Thank you. Ethics, morals, value's, none of that matters at UL, only winning does. Even if it only gets you to the Music City Bowl, and a basketball coach so frustrated with his 1-8 record against Cal at UK he just couldn't resist giving us the finger, just like he couldn't resist what he apparently thought was a rather tempting butt. One which I believe now resides in prison, and is thought of a being something of a lunatic. Hey, my choices in women may not have been the best at times, but at least I was single, and free to make those poor choices.

ty, IMO you guys do a very good job.
I understand, I just think that was his point.

We fired Eddie Sutton. I can only speak for myself but if Cal did anything over the past few years that Rick Pitino did, I would fully support having the coach fired. It shows a man who thinks he's bigger and better than the program to the point where he doesn't give a flip (pun intended) about anyone. The guy is a too much of a distraction.
Jerry Eaves (one of their own) said this same thing on his radio show Monday that to him Benedict has become bigger than the program and the he wants his university to be bigger than that and he needed to be punished..

Reactions: kats23 and kat57
If he hasn't lost them by now, he never will.

At the very least all the scandals over there seems to have lessened the amount of BirdBrains that come over here talking about how "moral" they are and how "corrupt" we are. Maybe some of them finally realized how dumb they look considering that they've gotten a front row seat to what real corruption looks like with Ramsey's rogue syndicate.

That would require something called humility, however, which is a character trait they have never previously possessed.

Well, it is written by Aaron Torres first of all....so there's bound to be some bias
But in general all the points he makes are valid: would anyone else get away with this?
The answer is "no"
Indeed. Honestly, I don't see the bird-flipping as THAT big a deal. A coach, especially one paid 6 mill a year, needs to show more class than that but it's not Sportcenter worthy.

But if Cal did that, you'd better believe it'd be all over the place.

RP has never been liked outside the UK fan base when he was our coach,so nothing really knew here.

It's just art imitating life. Much like UK has to endure 1000 times the contact to get a foul call that it takes for one to be called on them, UK fans have to endure 1000 times the crap from rivals that they do from us. Thankfully we at least have an ignore button to easily dismiss them. Hey, whatever works.

Reactions: Bluest Member
Wow, no wonder this place is infested with trolls. UL fans can break the rules as long as it's in a UL related thread started by UK fans. I hope jedwar and the other mods are more strict.

Reactions: UKortho and kat57
Karen Sypher knows exactly what it takes to turn on Pitino.
A bottle of red wine, some fine Italian food and the keys to the restaurant...

Curious where the moral high ground comes from. When did UK fire a coach, of any sport, for moral turpitude?

Excuse me but when did UK have a coach that had sex on a table in a restaurant. Your coach did and he was married at the time. You know his best friends sister. The same best friend that has a dorm named after him and the one he cried over.

Reactions: Ugoff
Would have been a better story if he had understood the reason they've won 11 games so far this year. If I or you were the coach at ul, we would have the same record.

Great article. Thanks for the link. I think the thing that amazes me is the question he asks right in the middle of the article, which is: how in the world does Pitino continue getting away with this behavior? The answer is simple, though: he OWNS the entire city of Louisville, the university, the media, and most of the east coast media as well. And all this does is feeds the monster- since he's never been held accountable, why should he expect it to happen this time? There is no reason to believe it will catch up with him because it never has. I think he would truly have to kill someone and get caught in the act to be held accountable. He already killed his own baby and that didn't make a dent. Now he's hired prostitutes for recruits and still nothing. The UofL admin is behind him 100%. It just feeds his ego and makes him feel that much more invincible, ensuring he will just do whatever comes next without any fear of discipline, reprimand, or anything else. He was handed a blank check on day one in Louisville and he has written it over and over, with increasing amounts each time, and they've cashed it in again and again. Will it ever end?

Why use the word turptitude? Do you think that makes you look smart? I bet you used a thesaurus to come up with that word.

Most Louisville fans, sadly make up the lowest of the low. They have zero self esteem and they wonder why everyone makes fun of them. Sure. The vast majority of UL can't understand why they are the laughingstock of college sports right now. A thesaurus is like a blanket to them. Then after a tough loss this insecure jackace makes a reference to their low level bowl game.

They always have an excuse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT