ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Pitino keep it classy

Rick Pitino's Banner

• Total voters
Wow, no wonder this place is infested with trolls. UL fans can break the rules as long as it's in a UL related thread started by UK fans. I hope jedwar and the other mods are more strict.

That's not what I'm saying at all. He didn't come here and jump in a random thread talking smack, his post was within a thread asking what it would take and gave his reasons for not giving up on his coach. The stuff concerning UK was factual and part of his reason not to panic. We don't just ban someone because they are a fan of another team, how would the OP get a answer to his question?

Trying to get sympathy for his disgusting conduct @ Rupp. I'm surprised he didn't drag out the Billy Minardi/911 card again, thats' worked for him several times before. :(

That "Card" does not work any more. When you turn your best friends memory into a joke by running a whorehouse in the building named after him what else could you do that would be worse? Maybe banging a skank on a table for 15 seconds and getting caught and turning it into a media circus for your family to deal with. Cannot believe you focused on this the day Ted Kennedy passed away and what about the economy?

Lil Brothel fans and the administration know that they can never do better than Pitino. They coveted him when he was here and now they are stuck with him. He is going to be stuck with 1 and done...via 5th year players. They will compete but never be elite. He is an ahole who is getting what he deserves. Karma.

Reactions: kat57 and blubo
He would have to start losing like he was prior to 2012. Many forget pretty easily the fanbase was not happy with Pitino when they went into the 2012 post-season. They had only 2 FF appearances, and were coming off back to back 1st weekend losses in the NCAA tourney. Going into the Big East tourney they had 9 losses. Then they went on the Big East tourney run before running into the buzzsaw that was UK and then of course won it in 2013. But there were plenty wanting to put Rick out to pasture before that run.

Losses is all that will make the UL fanbase turn on Rick.
No one and I repeat no one wanted Rick gone in 2012. And that was even with us only having 1 Final Four with later that year becoming his second trip with the Cards. We all knew what a great team we had and that we were peaking at the right time just as Rick's team always does. As CardChipper said, I think this season we end up in the Final Four as well.

No one and I repeat no one wanted Rick gone in 2012. And that was even with us only having 1 Final Four with later that year becoming his second trip with the Cards. We all knew what a great team we had and that we were peaking at the right time just as Rick's team always does. As CardChipper said, I think this season we end up in the Final Four as well.
Bullshit, 75% of your fan base wanted him gone and you know it. I read your message boards and listened to your fans say it.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan

You are clueless, and I repeat clueless

False..this is the nonsense rick feeds you. Yes, we usually get better players, but u card fans are leaving the obvious out....Rick can't develop talent..if last yr didn't teach you that, nothing ever will. I'll explain:

Montrezl is preseason all american poy candidate..finishes not there and is a second rd draft pick....meanwhile Cauley Stein chases butterflies for 2 yrs, then becomes the first player in history to be named all american not avg double figures and is the 6th pick.

Shaquan Aaron..higher rated recruit than Booker. One can't get off the bench, the other is a lottery pick. If Booker went to uofl he'd still be there.

You've had Character, Samardo Samuels (the overall #1 recruit), Peyton siva who was good but never improved, Blackshear who never improved, and on and on. He can't develop talent. The funny thing now, Rick claims he hates OAD, even though a simple rivals recruiting search shows louisville by their offer list, because he claims you dont have that relationship...yet he's now bringing in 5th yr guys for 1 yr......bc they don't need to be developed. It's no coincidence Rick is the only coach in history to have the overall #1 recruit twice..Samuels and Delray Brooks, and get neither drafted.

And my OP gave you every scenario...it doesn't matter we win. Other coaches have beat Cal with less talent, so how are you making excuses for Rick? Seems contradictory. Why is it so difficult for you to admit he is in fact better. Rick's best run of his career was his 7 yrs at UK...when he had alot of talent...and Cal has accomplished more than he ever did here in a shorter time. It hurts, but Cal can coach. The defensive play to have ulis start on Lee the last play of the game Saturday because he knew a down screen was going to happen and have everyone switch on screens so Poythress would end up on him isn't a coincidence....sorry
Oh snap! Bones crunching all over the place. You just obliterated the guy. Well done. :clap:[cheers]

Last edited:
That's not what I'm saying at all. He didn't come here and jump in a random thread talking smack, his post was within a thread asking what it would take and gave his reasons for not giving up on his coach. The stuff concerning UK was factual and part of his reason not to panic. We don't just ban someone because they are a fan of another team, how would the OP get a answer to his question?

The thread did not ask him to give a history of UK's coaches. However, he did a good job of not answering the question while insulting UK fans and our football program.

Cal beats Rick because he has better players most years. Pretty simple! Cal the recruiter is much better than Rick the recruiter. Because Rick is playing with less talented players and they never are playing in top form in December. Pretty sure the one year RIck has better players UL won and even won the title while UK went to the NIT and lost first round.

You do realize when RIck and Cal had similar talent at UL and Memphis in the same league RIck beat Cal most years. In the end in Cals era at UK he as 4 final 4's and 1 title. In the same period Rick has 3 final 4's and one title. I can live with that.

If by same period you mean 14 years for Rick and 7 years for Cal, you'd be correct. Cal has eclipsed your boy in half the time.

Cal is 13-8 lifetime v. RP-coached teams: 1-3 at UMass, 4-4 at Memphis, 8-1 at UK. So, basically whomever coaches at Kentucky is 11-2 v. the other guy. Take away from that what you will.

Of course, Cal is clearly a better person than RP, who is the biggest POS in all of college sports. IMO.

Looks like Rick and the UL fans have a lot in common...denial. You just want to look ignorant crying for a dismissal of a HOF coach but if you listened to the fans on your callin shows and message boards they wanted him put out to pasture

Yeah bc Cal receives a warm welcome everywhere he goes...I suppose they treated him with flower pedals in Assembly Hall a few yrs back. Does anyone remember if he flipped anyone off?

Reactions: UKWildcatT
I have yet to hear any evidence of anyone saying something terrible to Pitino. In fact, all evidence has been to the contrary, even though it was low hanging fruit. Ricky is the perpetual victim, despite logging more time with his pants down than up.

I do not pay attention to anyone who does not have the testicles or heart to actually write that he actually flipped us off. I mean come on. Everyone knows he did and to be so damn politically correct to skirt the whole situation and speak the truth is ridiculous.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Once again, this s*** proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that UofL fans are the most moronic Fanbase in the history of sports.

They are actually going with "UK fan said something nasty to the Crypt Keeper"? Good lord. I'm sure they are all congratulating Cal on a great game when he leaves the Chicken bucket.

I said in another thread, and I now believe it: if Pitino molested a kid, they'd find a way to defend it.

http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_culture/cards-cats-recap/

I have a hard time believing Pitino gets "abused" by UK fans. Next time we play at South Carolina listen to the radio broadcast and here the crap that comes out of USC fans mouths.
I watched the replay of Saturday's game with Leach and Pratt radio sync and Dicktino did get booed pretty good when introduced (loudest I've heard against him at Rupp). But did not hear any cat calling during the game.

The radio was on commercials when they talked to him at halftime so I did not get to hear if the crowd got on him then.

I'm sure he heard it when he was leaving the floor after the game after all the handshakes back slaps and good will between the teams was over.

He went more and more negative the more he wrote. Is he serious when he said Pitino loves UK and the UK fans ? That was it for me. Pitino has no love for UK or it's fans at this point. I wish he'd just fade away into the sunset.

Reactions: musrat59
I don't get this line of thinking.. So should we, as UK fans, just bow down and praise Pitino? No UK fan will deny his contributions to the program and we will all have special memories of the 96 team, but those days have passed. He willingly choose to go to UKs instate rival. Now I could have very well given him a pass on that, if he would've just concentrated on UL. Instead he loves to take pop shots at UK, and especially Cal once he arrived. I've lived in louisville the vast majority of my life and I would always see his interviews on local media. He couldn't resist taking subtle jabs at UK and our fanbase. Then if any UK fan gets to him he acts like the victim who is being abused by the big ol bad UK fans.

I hope this was his last game against UK. I've grown tired of his act, and he is just part of an older era whose failed to adapt. He's out of touch with reality these days. The guy has been so protected by UL and it's stranglehold on the media he has no clue how to deal with anything. It makes since that one of the highest paid employees, at UL, couldn't take a little heckling from UK fans.

I think we need to apologize for beating UL again. We really are sorry.
tumblr_mt14la3Neq1r1vf9eo1_400.gif

Pitino doesn't get anymore chit at Rupp than he does anywhere else. Probably less, since Cal went out of his way to ask the fans to tone it down and be classy.
This is part of the job, Rick - you have been around long enough to know that; other coaches understand it and blow it off.
He and his media bitches need to grow the F up

Once again, this s*** proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that UofL fans are the most moronic Fanbase in the history of sports.

They are actually going with "UK fan said something nasty to the Crypt Keeper"? Good lord. I'm sure they are all congratulating Cal on a great game when he leaves the Chicken bucket.

I said in another thread, and I now believe it: if Pitino molested a kid, they'd find a way to defend it.
Could not agree more. The lengths some will go to defend the lOOieville coach is amazing. At any other school in the country the lOOieville coach would have been bounced to the curb more than one scandal ago.

Reactions: Bluest Member
I don't care that he flipped somebody off. I care that he lies about it, though, and lies about why he skipped the postgame presser, and people don't call him out on it. Just like they don't call him out on his suspensions and then reinstatements and then resuspensions. Or how he knows in his postgame radio show that Hawkins was 1 for 9 this year from three but didn't know his assistants were getting 17-18 year old recruits and their fathers laid by hookers on their campus visits.

F*** everything about louisville. The concrete commuter community college, the f'ing POS AD, the DJ and strip club infested city, and especially their football and basketball coaches. F*** every single inch of that place.

Reactions: Zakk Wyldcat
You want to put a wager on the Cards going to the Final Four.

The thread did not ask him to give a history of UK's coaches. However, he did a good job of not answering the question while insulting UK fans and our football program.
Dude you're tilting at windmills. Our mods have shown that opposing fans have to literally drop a deuce in a thread to even get a post deleted.

Reactions: UKortho
Pitino is summed up by this example--- Cal goes out of his way to tell the fans to be classy and to keep it PG, and Pitino flips the bird on the way out.

All of Pitinos lies, his scandals, throwing his players under the bus, abortions, hush money, in-house brothels, making kids transfer that aren't that great, lying to the media EVERY week...the list goes on and on.

It was funny for years, its been ammo for UL fans. But its becoming embarrassing to the state. As a native to Louisville, he makes us all look bad, makes my state look like a joke.

When is enough, enough?

ADVERTISEMENT