ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Pitino keep it classy

Rick Pitino's Banner

• Total voters
You do understand things like evidence, burden of proof, hearsay, and motive, don't you? In the US legal system, mirrored by the NCAA infractions committee, those things are usually required.

Dude, you have NO idea what you are talking about. You are about to find out how little the US legal system mirrors the infractions committee. Where member institutions are concerned, the NCAA is a benevolent despot. They are not bound by burden of proof or due process. Your letter will arrive. You will be given a chance to contest your guilt. You will be sentenced. That's the NCAA. From their perspective the crypt keeper is Louisville's problem. Louisville is about to go through the same process that Cypher did on that dinning table. The only difference is that it will take a LOT longer. During that, Louisville will have time to consider R3P's fate.

Reactions: kat57 and Nuke99m
There is nothing that would cause ul fans to fail to back Mr. Pitino. To do so would imply that the fanbase had both morals and intelligence. They have neither.

I bet if he put on a uk shirt and showed up our tournament games rooting for us, the UL fans will turn on him real quick. I bet many like Kerryrhodes would even go so far as to accuse him of throwing games on purpose and www setting UL up with Pitino for just that reason. Lol

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Well, I appreciate the great sportsmanship, empathy, and class shown by all around. But, I am off to the Music City Bowl. Please carry on.

You do realize when Rick and Cal had similar talent at UL and Memphis in the same league Rick beat Cal most years.
Hmmm...let's fact-check that: Cal vs Rick in Memphis vs Louisville
Jan 30, 2002: Memphis 80 Louisville 70 (both unranked)
Feb 19, 2003: Memphis 80 Louisville 73 (UL ranked #4...Mem unranked)
Mar 14, 2003: Louisville 78 Memphis 75 (UL #20...Mem #16)
Feb 4, 2004: Memphis 62 Louisville 58 (UL #6...Mem unranked)
Feb 28, 2004: Louisville 66 Memphis 60 (UL #21...Mem #19)
Feb 9, 2005: Memphis 85 Louisville 68 (UL #9...Mem unranked)
Feb 26, 2005: Louisville 53 Memphis 44 (UL #11...Mem unranked)
Mar 12, 2005: Louisville 75 Memphis 74 (UL #6...Mem unranked)

RESULT: 4-4 (even though most years Rick had superior talent)
CONCLUSION: You are a defenseless idiot

Just watched the last five minutes of UK's comeback victory against LSU in 1994. That was incredible to watch UK shooting 3 pointer from all over the court and just about everyone on the court allowed and encouraged to take the shots. That game was the epitome of the RP era.

Not making the final four in 9 years. Signed, Tubby Smith. Averaging 13 losses per year. Signed, BCG. Three years' probation, a two-year ban from postseason play and a ban from live television. Signed, Eddie Sutton. A final year record of 12-19. Signed, Denny Crum.
Scream morals and ethics all you want. RP wins. Petrino wins. Losing gets you fired. Violations get you fired. This UL team, with the right draw, is a Final Four team. I await your rebuttals.
Probation keeps them from the NCAA Tournament this year... just wait it's coming.

Well, I appreciate the great sportsmanship, empathy, and class shown by all around. But, I am off to the Music City Bowl. Please carry on.

oooooooo. You got us there. Have fun trying to act like you are a "football school". For the next few years it's all you will have.

Reactions: kat57 and KFuqua
Ky isn't a football state there bud. This isn't a football board either. the salty tears taste so sweet! I would take a win over UL in basketball over any normal bowl. Now the playoff is a different story

Reactions: kat57
Cal beats Rick because he has better players most years. Pretty simple! Cal the recruiter is much better than Rick the recruiter. Because Rick is playing with less talented players and they never are playing in top form in December. Pretty sure the one year RIck has better players UL won and even won the title while UK went to the NIT and lost first round.

You do realize when RIck and Cal had similar talent at UL and Memphis in the same league RIck beat Cal most years. In the end in Cals era at UK he as 4 final 4's and 1 title. In the same period Rick has 3 final 4's and one title. I can live with that.
but most ul fans i've heard say rik's players are just as good as uk's---only he develops them thru the l1c4 system (the ul preferred way)--versus cal's payed nbadl players who only make a pit stop for two grading periods in lexington. but each time cal's team beats ric's team i hear it's because cal simply has better players. so i guess there is just no justification for any credit to be given to cal for consistently kicking crap's ass.

Reactions: Lumpy 2
Not making the final four in 9 years. Signed, Tubby Smith. Averaging 13 losses per year. Signed, BCG. Three years' probation, a two-year ban from postseason play and a ban from live television. Signed, Eddie Sutton. A final year record of 12-19. Signed, Denny Crum.
Scream morals and ethics all you want. RP wins. Petrino wins. Losing gets you fired. Violations get you fired. This UL team, with the right draw, is a Final Four team. I await your rebuttals.

Wow. I missed this. There is nothing worse than a moron that can't do his research.

Arkansas > Petrino. Dunno whether he got the best mileage out of the motorcycle or the coed. Same Petrino coaching at Louisville city college. Does history repeat itself? I still can't believe those idiots rehired him. Barking.

Alabama > Price. Record 0 - 0. Greatest quote: the Tide is rollin' baby, it's rollin'

Need I go on?

It will take Rick flipping-off U of L fans....just saying...need a video...

My guess would be a minimum of 3 championships total for RP had he stayed...and 4–5 would certainly be a possibility.

Wish we would've went after Billy D when he left. We might have those championships anyway...and would've never been subjected to the boredom that was Tubbyball.

Cal beats Rick because he has better players most years. Pretty simple! Cal the recruiter is much better than Rick the recruiter. Because Rick is playing with less talented players and they never are playing in top form in December. Pretty sure the one year RIck has better players UL won and even won the title while UK went to the NIT and lost first round.

You do realize when RIck and Cal had similar talent at UL and Memphis in the same league RIck beat Cal most years. In the end in Cals era at UK he as 4 final 4's and 1 title. In the same period Rick has 3 final 4's and one title. I can live with that.

Others have pointed out the factual inaccuracies here, but you are confusing "better" with higher rated, as most do. When it comes to potential, sure, Cal has better players. But age and experience, not to mention skill, matter a lot. So pointing out "better" when you mean higher potential is essentially meaningless without taking into account experience and skill. But, sure, let's point out that Cal has players that have more potential.

Reactions: kat57 and Lumpy 2

How do you explain Cal beating Rick in both tourney appearances? Pretty much eliminates your "they are never in top form in December" argument.

Were they heckling him at Providence when he went there and got his ass handed to him? He was supposed to come out at halftime because they were celebrating him. Piece of shit stood them up because he was losing. If he would have been up by 30 instead of losing by that much, bet your life he would have been out there.

Same is true of our game Saturday. Rick would fought several large men to get to the podium and brag about how he was able to overcome what he thinks is Cal's best team ever if he had gotten lucky enough to win.

It is a total shame that someone with such low moral standards and lack of self discipline is allowed to be a mentor and coach to young, impressionable minds.
When the Cards are at Rupp he will not even allow his players to leave the huddle for introductions, how about all his classless attempts to fool the Rupp fans when he tries to sneak into the arena to lessen the boos. He's a jerk, a fool, idiot and any parent who lets their kids play for him are probably getting paid off in cash or whatever.

Their fans know he can not develop players. They complain about it all the time. 14 years at Looserville and he had taken them to three final fours. Cals been here 6 years and taken us to four. It eats them alive along with the booze, the meth and the std's.

he blew those bridges up with L1C4.
90.gif

The video means nothing, the victim isn't speaking about the alleged murder. And the video doesn't show with 100% accuracy that the victim died from him. The victim could have had a stroke the moment before he allegedly murdered the victim.
As you can clearly see, with no doubt RP did not murder that victim. No way.

Signed,
UL fans and Administration

LOL. Well done.

I am not so sure it would have been as peachy as some think. Based on his personality traits, the only difference would have been that he eventually would have stuck around long enough to bang a skank on a table at Columbia Steakhouse, invite ho's into Wildcat Lodge, bring sanctions down on UK and wear out his welcome with the UK fanbase. Then he would have been fired at UK and rehired at UofL. Pretty much where things are today but with the mess on us from NCAA sanctions instead of Little Brothel.[/QUOTE
this

As if the type of player he recruits, or the ul fans needs it, he reinforces their belief that "NO, you do NOT have to be responsible or held accountable for your actions".

IF Pitino had stayed, I think UK would have 8, maybe 9 championships (total), a handful of final 4s. Overall, the record for UK would not be a lot different than it is now. We may have avoided the bad Tubby years & the BCG years. The biggest difference would be that we would have not gone to the NIT, and would have made the S16 at least during those down years.

I think he would have moved on though after 20 years. I wonder if Billy Donovan would have taken over here or if we still end up with Cal?

People believe what they've seen and quantify based on that information . For example what if Rupp left after the 1958 season , do you think people would speculate that he would win zero titles his last fourteen years ? No , they would be throwing up wild numbers like six more titles because he just won four of the last ten . So goes the same with Pitino , he left at a zenith and people erroneously extrapolate his future based on that info while simultaneously dismissing a fact such as going pro hurting recruiting .
Good - and well made - point....

Think we would be able to get away with this on the UL board without getting banned?

How about Using Whores to recruit with,or the Three times UL has been on Probation since UK has had an infraction,not counting upcoming infractions and punishment of course.
This UL Team has not beat a team above 130 RPI,please tell us how that is a Final Four team?
One thing for sure,you retards are the most delusional morons out there.

If it must stay up, I still say we cover it with a black cloth. That would keep it in the rafters for the Pitino lovers and the rest of us would not have to look at the name "Pitino" when we sit in our seats at Rupp or the TV cameras scan over our retired jerseys and championship banners.

I reported this post and I got a message saying it had been rejected. The message said "Threads asking for Card fans to post end up like that". So I need clarification from a mod. If a UK fan starts a UL thread, UL fans can get away with bringing up UK being on probation because they were baited into it?

Reactions: Brando Mac

After reading this and your follow-up responses, my rebuttal is that you are a ****ing idiot. (Sorry to my fellow Cat fans for the language).

Reactions: kat57
I reported this post and I got a message saying it had been rejected. The message said "Threads asking for Card fans to post end up like that". So I need clarification from a mod. If a UK fan starts a UL thread, UL fans can get away with bringing up UK being on probation because they were baited into it?

Did he say anything that wasn't true? You could have thrown ten times as much truth right back in his face but it appears no one is capable off looking up Louisville's history. They went 19 years between final fours thanks to Denny Crum and Rick Pitino and your offended by him saying UK went 9? Louisville was on probation twice during the 90's including post season ban and your upset that he brought something up from the 80's?

You should be laughing at his ignorance instead of being upset.

You keep associating high level degrees with favoring mild-mannered debate.

I don't get that at all.

I'm finishing my last classes at Harvard, and I still love using hyperbole for comedic effect.

I'd understand if your campaign was against straw men or something else that promotes intellectual dishonesty (in a genuine debate context) - but why are we supposed to have a stone-faced dialogue when we're discussing basketball with our rivals? Hyperbole is one of the most entertaining features of the internet, imo. As long as you don't take it too seriously, you should be just fine.

By the way, have you seen some of the kids at Yale and Princeton and Harvard? The social studies majors at these schools are just as censorious, partial to logical fallacies, and hostile to the first amendment as are their community college counterparts.

If you think that silly hyperbole is a threat to thoughtful and rational discussion, try to arrange a speaking engagement on an Ivy League campus for any human being who has ever publicly supported any position at odds with Bernie Sanders.

By the 5th week of students tearing down posters, running naked through the streets, screaming profanities at random passers-by, establishing "safe zones" with coloring books and teddy bears for traumatized students, and pulling fire alarms in protest, you will quickly see what the real danger is.

See? Little hyperbole there. Sadly, not much.
You joined this board young if you are just now finishing college.

[QUOTE="BBBLazing, post: 3104 I'm certain Yale is glad you picked UK. I'm glad you support UK financially. Before you hurt your elbow patting yourself on the back, I'm sure most people on here do too.[/QUOTE]

You were the one who asked where I went to school, about my degree, credentials... If you don't like the answer because it does not fit your U of L supporting/acting like a troll narrative that is your problem. You don't see me on here pounding my chest about it - that is not the way I was brought up. I was told do your talking on the field and not with your mouth which is exactly what I did. Maybe when you get your advanced degree from U of L they will provide you with the tools necessary to handle yourself in the real world.

You are probably used to being on the Tard board where they resemble a pillow fight about how they are better than UK despite the 1-8 record, 34-15 overall record, 5 fewer national titles, and a wife cheating corpse of a coach with no values or morals. To answer the question again no way in 100 years would I let Pitino, Petrino, or Jurich have anything to do with molding young men and women since they have repeatedly shown they are not capable. Tell me one NCAA program with both a men's BB and football program lead by men caught in multiple affairs/transgressions and also lied to their AD? I will wait for your answer.

So have you ever participated in a thread calling Calipari a slime, a cheater, UK being a win at all cost University because we did not care about anything other than winning and proved that by hiring him in the first place (ignoring the fact that he has not one single violation on his record). If you have, then POT meet KETTLE. If you haven't then your one of the very very few.

The difference is unlike Calipari, Pitino does have a violation on his record to go along with all the embarrassment of his personal sex scandal and now supplying his team and recruits hookers and strippers for 4-5 years. Oh I am sure, according to you, that there is no way Pitino knew about that right? But then Calipari Had to know about the agent involved with Camby off campus for less than a year which benefited Calipari not one iota, you Freaking hypocrite!!!!!!!

Enjoy the bowl game you and your fanbase used to make fun of UK for being the best bowl game we could muster.

I don't know what it would take but I hope it never happens. L1C20 sounds just fine to me. The Cards got what they deserve and I believe more, or worse, is on the way. Happy New Year Little Brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT