ADVERTISEMENT

Rex Chapman book...

Rex Chapman was a stud coming out of high school, and was one of the most exciting players to ever play at UK.

There are plenty of reasons not to like Rex. But for me personally, I prefer to remember him as the dude that torched UofL for 26 points at Freedom Hall.

Of course, I'm a glass half-full guy, so...

Yeah... It's not on my reading list but wish him success. I have dealt with family members battling this too. It's exhausting, infuriating, expensive and sad.

Same. I know everyone loves to make fun of addicts, but it’s sad to watch when it’s someone you love.

I recently lost a good decades-long friend to fentanyl. His story is like so many others: Got injured legitimately, placed on large doses of opiate painkillers, developed a tolerance and became addicted, started buying pills off the street, moved to heroin, got some bad shit and died of a fentanyl overdose.

I know most people in this fanbase hate Rex because of political reasons, but I am rooting for him to beat his addiction. I could GAF less about his politics.

Same. I know everyone loves to make fun of addicts, but it’s sad to watch when it’s someone you love.

I recently lost a good decades-long friend to fentanyl. His story is like so many others: Got injured legitimately, placed on large doses of opiate painkillers, developed a tolerance and became addicted, started buying pills off the street, moved to heroin, got some bad shit and died of a fentanyl overdose.

I know most people in this fanbase hate Rex because of political reasons, but I am rooting for him to beat his addiction. I could GAF less about his politics.
Absolutely. It's a sad deal for sure. We're all wired different. I saw some good friends back in the day that just couldn't stop at taking it to the next level. Their life spiraled because of it. Life choices for some are shaped by past experiences. Some can overcome them. Some can't. I loved Rex. If you could've seen Fairdales gym when Apollo played in the King of the Bluegrass. I remember then thinking that he had a lot to live up to. It's unfair the pressure that's put on not only athletes, but just folks in general.

I would hope so in Rex's case.
Those chapters would be 20 pages long each.

Literally is one of the dumbest sounding people to have any kind of an audience handed to him that seems to enjoy his opinion and lectures more than anyone else hearing him.

If he didn’t have a smooth stroke and 40 inch vertical he’d be pouring sawdust on puke at an elementary school.

Jealousy-How-To-Overcome-Jealousy-Insecurity-and-Trust-Issues-Save-Your-Relationship-Love-Life-and-Emotions-Hardcover-9780359875405_61b416d5-0365-48e5-a442-eeae24ed95d4.eb5adbb543a5c937d5ba7cdc00b25fc6.jpeg

I’ll read it. I’m a fan. I was fan of his in high school and his dad too.

A fan when he was here and a fan when he a pro.

He was very good on the UK game day shows.

I even like that block/charge thing he does.

He got addicted to pain killers because of injuries. I’ve seen friends go thru that same thing.

He paid his dues. Even made restitution when he didn’t have to.

If you don’t want to read his book, don’t. He’s probably not reading yours either. 😆

Yup and the government has made it worse. Yes doctors had pill mills or whatever but at least people knew what they got. Now you have to buy whatever is on the street and that could be anything. Some stuff can’t even be reversed by narcan now.

Those chapters would be 20 pages long each.

Literally is one of the dumbest sounding people to have any kind of an audience handed to him that seems to enjoy his opinion and lectures more than anyone else hearing him.

If he didn’t have a smooth stroke and 40 inch vertical he’d be pouring sawdust on puke at an elementary school.
Wow, I had no idea he was that big of an ass

Reactions: KFuqua
And in the 10th grade I’m sure you were far too mature to have ever been an egomaniacal, narcissistic, asshole? I know a lot of 10th graders, myself included, and most of them if not all, were those 3 things and more. Not you of course. You were level headed, grounded and just a real peach in the 10th grade. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Perhaps I was a Narcissistic, Egomaniac, Asshole in the 10th grade, but unlike Rex I grew out of it.

WON'T read the book and hope his addiction issues are behind him. Having dealt with family with this it is heart wrenching .
So you’re waiting on the movie like me sluggercat? lol. I agree with you brother, it’s a hard life for not just the users but the entire family and friends of an addict. I pray for anyone going through that and wish the very best for them. Rex has hopefully turned the corner in his life and continues to do the work. Thanks

It's pretty amazing how we feel a need to call Rex an asshole while at the same time verbally acting the same way towards him. No one heard of hypocrisy? Does mocking him or laughing about his past make any of you proud? You may not wish your kids to grow up to be just like Rex but I'm not sure I want your kids growing up to be just like some of you, and to be honest, they likely won't. It's surprising how grown adults act online. It's like they've reverted back to middle school where it's cool again to be a dick, while hiding behind a neat screen name mind you. I'd love to see the reactions from your kids if you allowed them to read what some of you post. The drama, the name calling, the anger and bitterness towards people you'll never meet in real life. They'd be embarrassed for you, no? Sure, Rex is polarizing. Yes, he turned his once fun twitter account into nothing but his political views. Guess what? He can do that and you don't have to read it. There's a thread on the Paddock like that, it's all or nothing. Either you're with them and their views on society or you're not and seen as the enemy and everything wrong in the world is your fault. You may hate Rex for things he's said or done in the past, but most here aren't any better. But hey, prop yourselves up as normal, good, kind hearted folks. Hate is what America does best now.

Love Rex as a player in high school and for UK also really like his take on UK when he is on radio or TV.

Haven’t liked Rex since he basically told me to go kick rocks when I was kid asking for his autograph. Many others have similar stories. The decisions he’s made over the years have reaffirmed to me anyway, he’s just a low character kinda guy. Great ball player. Not a great person. Never too late to change I guess.

I criticize Cal as much as anyone, but he teachers his players the right way to interact with fans.

It's pretty amazing how we feel a need to call Rex an asshole while at the same time verbally acting the same way towards him. No one heard of hypocrisy? Does mocking him or laughing about his past make any of you proud? You may not wish your kids to grow up to be just like Rex but I'm not sure I want your kids growing up to be just like some of you, and to be honest, they likely won't. It's surprising how grown adults act online. It's like they've reverted back to middle school where it's cool again to be a dick, while hiding behind a neat screen name mind you. I'd love to see the reactions from your kids if you allowed them to read what some of you post. The drama, the name calling, the anger and bitterness towards people you'll never meet in real life. They'd be embarrassed for you, no? Sure, Rex is polarizing. Yes, he turned his once fun twitter account into nothing but his political views. Guess what? He can do that and you don't have to read it. There's a thread on the Paddock like that, it's all or nothing. Either you're with them and their views on society or you're not and seen as the enemy and everything wrong in the world is your fault. You may hate Rex for things he's said or done in the past, but most here aren't any better. But hey, prop yourselves up as normal, good, kind hearted folks. Hate is what America does best now.
Excellent.

Reactions: chroix
Sorry. He's always been a huge a$$h0**, even when he was in grade school. Great basketball player, but he brought his problems on himself. Maybe he should just own up to the things he decided to do and stop trying to make himself a martyr. Would never read his garbage book.

Reactions: bIhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT