ADVERTISEMENT

Rex Chapman book...

Jealousy-How-To-Overcome-Jealousy-Insecurity-and-Trust-Issues-Save-Your-Relationship-Love-Life-and-Emotions-Hardcover-9780359875405_61b416d5-0365-48e5-a442-eeae24ed95d4.eb5adbb543a5c937d5ba7cdc00b25fc6.jpeg
Exhibit A to Rex being a jerk.

Sure, Rex, it's jealousy. Keep telling yourself that. Sure, you got to wear the uniform and live the dream. And that's honestly badass. I wore a uniform too. But the difference is, I didn't embarrass, back stab, and use my people. So, soak up all the attention. That's who you really are. You need BBN, we don't need you.
Well said. He could have been an icon with money that people only dream about. Definitely can forgive the addiction issues- but he just isn’t a nice guy. Just my opinion.

Sure, Rex, it's jealousy. Keep telling yourself that. Sure, you got to wear the uniform and live the dream. And that's honestly badass. I wore a uniform too. But the difference is, I didn't embarrass, back stab, and use my people. So, soak up all the attention. That's who you really are. You need BBN, we don't need you.
Rex grew up a u6 fan and would not have gone to UK if Joe B. had not retired.

Reactions: KFuqua and UKortho
Holy Hell so many people hate Rex. I don't really understand the hate. I must be a miss on something.

Go Cats!!!
I used to like him a lot. The first chink was bringing up Eddie Sutton asking him not to date the black girl. Why bring that up? I was a student at that time. No one cared. If anything we thought it was cool. Rex making it sound like he was persecuted when he was practically a God on campus, especially to the students from Owensboro.

The second was the Cal to the Lakers thing. We got down 30-15 that night and all anyone could talk about was Rex's cryptic tweet. Horrible ending to an amazing run.

The third thing was him constantly tweeting about our racist cops and racist society. I didn't follow him on Twitter but if you're famous you get retweeted by others.

It just comes across as someone wanting attention all the time. His actions in life don't give him the privilege of telling us all what to think.

Outside of that I actually pull for the guy. His podcast was a good listen, especially telling the story of Pitino giving him advice when he was at rock bottom. He and Dave Baker's call made the Wisconsin loss much easier to take. Interesting he made one horrible loss easier and another twice as bad.

He’s family. I idolized him. I wore 3 because of him. My daughter wears 3 because he did, and because I did before her. I had Rex posters on my walls and now she does too. That dude is my favorite player to ever play on my favorite team. And he’s family. He is flawed, like all of us are. He will always be King Rex to me. I’ll read that book and any other book he’s a part of. And I’ll keep showing my daughter highlight reels of the guy that made me live, eat, and breathe basketball as a pre teen.

He’s family. I idolized him. I wore 3 because of him. My daughter wears 3 because he did, and because I did before her. I had Rex posters on my walls and now she does too. That dude is my favorite player to ever play on my favorite team. And he’s family. He is flawed, like all of us are. He will always be King Rex to me. I’ll read that book and any other book he’s a part of. And I’ll keep showing my daughter highlight reels of the guy that made me live, eat, and breathe basketball as a pre teen.
Just get a bottle of tequila and chase that bottom..

How about because he wishes he had stuck with his commitment to UL?
Oh wow. When did he say that? Do you have the "Sauce"? I mean many people say wild things but WOW.

EDIT: I am looking it up but will also welcome sources OTHER than U of L fanboi and 3rd party sources with opinions and hearsay.

It's pretty amazing how we feel a need to call Rex an asshole while at the same time verbally acting the same way towards him. No one heard of hypocrisy? Does mocking him or laughing about his past make any of you proud? You may not wish your kids to grow up to be just like Rex but I'm not sure I want your kids growing up to be just like some of you, and to be honest, they likely won't. It's surprising how grown adults act online. It's like they've reverted back to middle school where it's cool again to be a dick, while hiding behind a neat screen name mind you. I'd love to see the reactions from your kids if you allowed them to read what some of you post. The drama, the name calling, the anger and bitterness towards people you'll never meet in real life. They'd be embarrassed for you, no? Sure, Rex is polarizing. Yes, he turned his once fun twitter account into nothing but his political views. Guess what? He can do that and you don't have to read it. There's a thread on the Paddock like that, it's all or nothing. Either you're with them and their views on society or you're not and seen as the enemy and everything wrong in the world is your fault. You may hate Rex for things he's said or done in the past, but most here aren't any better. But hey, prop yourselves up as normal, good, kind hearted folks. Hate is what America does best now.
Feel better now? I am sure you have turned around many wayward lives this morning.

It's a day or two read. I enjoyed it. He's buddies with Josh Hopkins who was at Auburn when I was there. Back in the day, you had to get to the arena before the girls' game if you wanted good seats for the Kentucky game. I briefly met Josh there and then later in Fancy Farm during his dad, Larry's failed run for governor.

"Like I said, Shawn was a track star. She and I were arguably the two best athletes in our whole state our last two years of high school.

I was sitting in rehab in Louisville in 2014 when it dawned on me that had Shawn been white UK would have been pushing for us to get married and pop out as many babies as they could recruit. And I started bawling."

My dad taught me long ago to be careful who you root for once you have a daughter. A Dad is the 1st man a daughter will love. If dad idolizes a douche, daughter will transfer that love to a douche.

No way I would ever let my daughter know that I once liked King Douche

Reactions: crestcat
My dad taught me long ago to be careful who you root for once you have a daughter. A Dad is the 1st man a daughter will love. If dad idolizes a douche, daughter will transfer that love to a douche.

No way I would ever let my daughter know that I once liked King Douche
To each his own brother.

I don't think about Rex. But when I see his name I think "great player; low character dude; attention whore; a dude that seems to blame UK whenever he can". He is good at throwing out shit that can't be proven, like UK didn't want him dating black girls. I'm 57, and I've never heard of anyone that was upset cause a white guy was dating a black girl, but I know plenty that were pissed a black guy was dating a white girl.

I'm 57, and I've never heard of anyone that was upset cause a white guy was dating a black girl, but I know plenty that were pissed a black guy was dating a white girl.

Same. Only people I saw upset were black dudes and other minorities.

Reactions: RipThru
Rex, all you had to tell whoever told you not to date black girls was "alright, I am transferring." Do you REALLY think they wouldn't have backed off?

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggercatfan
Just a narcissist with a persecution complex. You’ll keep hearing from this guy again and again as long as he can make some dough from the people he otherwise hates.

Severe case of white guilt complex.
Not as much ‘guilt ‘ as a desire to be a victim . There’s some that long to be a victim and be in some sort of weird fraternity , or be ‘down with the cause’ …it’s hard to explain , but it’s real.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT