ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves seems to have overcome his nerve problems.

Dilly will carry UK in March like Napier (he's not a Kemba type, so I'm going with Napier), or he'll turn it over and play UK out of March like Hagans in the E8 against Auburn. Not sure there's an in between.

Reactions: gbl97
I thought we didn’t want him to return lol.

Seriously man. Our fans. Geniuses they are.
Last year's Reeves wouldn't have helped us much but the guy must have lived in the gym and put in a lot of hours of work because he has become a really good player. He's not just a three point shooter anymore, but instead a true 3 level scorer. If UK finishes strong he has to be an All-American.

Last year's Reeves wouldn't have helped us much but the guy must have lived in the gym and put in a lot of hours of work because he has become a really good player. He's not just a three point shooter anymore, but instead a true 3 level scorer. If UK finishes strong he has to be an All-American.
Well we wouldn’t have this years reeves if last years reeves didn’t return. I believe he was our leading scorer last year too. It boggles the mind that people were willing to toss him away. Emotions run high and cause people to be small picture decision makers. You can be angry with isolated bad play and still recognize reeves high ceiling and potential if you check your emotions at the door.

Wishing him gone is a perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face

Reeves has, as Cal basically said, become an actual better all around basketball player this year. I still don't buy that he's a top defender, but he has definitely worked to get better at it. Who knows. Perhaps he can find the right fit in the NBA and still find a career there.

Well we wouldn’t have this years reeves if last years reeves didn’t return. I believe he was our leading scorer last year too. It boggles the mind that people were willing to toss him away. Emotions run high and cause people to be small picture decision makers. You can be angry with isolated bad play and still recognize reeves high ceiling and potential if you check your emotions at the door.

Wishing him gone is a perfect example of cutting off your nose to spite your face
No. You are wrong; I never wished him gone. I just never thought he'd improve enough to be as good as he is this year. If you think he was nearly as good last year I just don't know what to say about that.

Reeves has, as Cal basically said, become an actual better all around basketball player this year. I still don't buy that he's a top defender, but he has definitely worked to get better at it. Who knows. Perhaps he can find the right fit in the NBA and still find a career there.
He'll be able to score there; if he defends well enough is the question. I went from thinking he had no NBA chances last year to thinking it's likely now.

No. You are wrong; I never wished him gone. I just never thought he'd improve enough to be as good as he is this year. If you think he was nearly as good last year I just don't know what to say about that.
No I’m not wrong and I also didn’t say anything about you. I don’t know what you said or didn’t say. I was speaking generally. But it seems like you maybe weren’t too stoked to get him back. If that was the case then it’s egg on your face.

Last year we needed him to be our best player and that wasn’t the spot for him. This year we don’t need him to be THE guy and he’s benefiting from that. He’s surrounded by other talented guards which allows him to actually step up and be our best player. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to say about that.

No I’m not wrong and I also didn’t say anything about you. I don’t know what you said or didn’t say. I was speaking generally. But it seems like you maybe weren’t too stoked to get him back. If that was the case then it’s egg on your face.

Last year we needed him to be our best player and that wasn’t the spot for him. This year we don’t need him to be THE guy and he’s benefiting from that. He’s surrounded by other talented guards which allows him to actually step up and be our best player. If you can’t see that then I don’t know what to say about that.
Whatever man, don't own your own words after you say them if that's your style. You most certainly implied that I wanted him gone and there is a tremendous difference between not thinking he'll improve enough to make a difference and wanting him gone. Literally nobody on this board wanted Reeves to not return.

And he has clearly improved his floater and his defense and added a Eurostep and even is hitting his free throws at a higher clip. If you think none of that is true then you're the only one on the board. That kind of improvement in players 5th or 6th year of college is not normal. I'm just giving the guy props for working his ass off to show unusual improvement and you're trying to downplay it and turn it into a fan attack.

Whatever man, don't own your own words after you say them if that's your style. You most certainly implied that I wanted him gone and there is a tremendous difference between not thinking he'll improve enough to make a difference and wanting him gone. Literally nobody on this board wanted Reeves to not return.

And he has clearly improved his floater and his defense and added a Eurostep and even is hitting his free throws at a higher clip. If you think none of that is true then you're the only one on the board. That kind of improvement in players 5th or 6th year of college is not normal. I'm just giving the guy props for working his ass off to show unusual improvement and you're trying to downplay it and turn it into a fan attack.
The word “you” is a second-person pronoun and grammatically plural. I started my original post saying “people” and then I switched up to “you” to make a point. I was not referring to you yourself because quite frankly I don’t know you. I don’t know your posting history and I honestly don’t recognize your username. If you say you never talked shit on reeves then I believe you. I certainly am not going to go look it up. All I know is my original post caused you to get defensive, so I don’t know.

Oh by the way my post was always meant to be a fan attack. I’m not hiding that. We had some dumb fans who legit were pissed when reeves announced his return. So yeah I guess I bagged on those guys. They had it comin

The word “you” is a second-person pronoun and grammatically plural. I started my original post saying “people” and then I switched up to “you” to make a point. I was not referring to you yourself because quite frankly I don’t know you. I don’t know your posting history and I honestly don’t recognize your username. If you say you never talked shit on reeves then I believe you. I certainly am not going to go look it up. All I know is my original post caused you to get defensive, so I don’t know.

Oh by the way my post was always meant to be a fan attack. I’m not hiding that. We had some dumb fans who legit were pissed when reeves announced his return. So yeah I guess I bagged on those guys. They had it comin
When you quote people's post and say things it's only reasonable for them to take it as directed towards them. You know that. I'll also be frank. You came into a thread only saying positive things about a UK player and turned the thread negative, and intentionally did so as you already admitted. That pissed me off so I talked crap and I don't regret a word.

Reactions: UKortho
When you quote people's post and say things it's only reasonable for them to take it as directed towards them. You know that. I'll also be frank. You came into a thread only saying positive things about a UK player and turned the thread negative, and intentionally did so as you already admitted. That pissed me off so I talked crap and I don't regret a word.
Don’t care

I still never accused you of anything. Stop being so sensitive

Since you can't see his posts I can assure you I can see his posts and he is definitely happy about UK's win. I'm not putting you on ignore since I recall you having one that wasn't bad once but I can see why he did it.
Dude let’s start over. I wasn’t even talking smack on you. So how did we even get in an argument to begin with ? I pick and choose my battles and I like talking shit to bullies and toxic people. You clearly misread the intent of my posts. Go back and read from the beginning. I felt like it was you that went on the attack. That said, I’m not gonna back down. If you want to block me, have at it. I don’t care.

I can see that guys posts. I don’t block anyone. It’s weak and I don’t like censorship. But he can’t see mine unless someone quotes me. So he sees my posts that way and talks shit on me knowing he can’t see my responses. He is 100 percent the most negative poster left on the board. Not even close. He spams the board with negative stuff constantly. He’s much more quiet after wins. Now I don’t expect positivity after a loss but at some point a person can just become a broken record. Cal has deserved soooooo much criticism but at some point it’s like, Just shut up. We got it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think he could have a sneaky good NBA career. Not necessarily saying He will be an all star but with his shooting it's hard to believe he cant at least make a roster for somebody.

Reactions: ukfan1622
Reminds me of the Quickley that won SEC POY especially with that runner he has developed.

Where's the goober that said Reeves wasn't needed and Reeves would be on the bench by sec play?

Also caliparis biggest lover.
There were many last spring and summer. Many that were so mad that reeves didn’t shoot well in the tournament that they didn’t even want him to return. Madness.

Every player has got stuff to work on, but if Reeves could improve his ball-handling and passing I think he's a multi-year pro all day long.

Some of y’all forget Reeves has had plenty of moments in tough games too. 37 at Arkansas last year.
Literally the only reason we won that game, and that win was every bit as tough and surprising as this Auburn one (arguably even tougher since Auburn played absolutely horribly last night and it wasn't ALL due to us, although I obviously credit our guys for the improved effort - I really think they folded a bit under the pressure of hosting a big gameday event).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT