ADVERTISEMENT

Reed is the best player we have and it isn’t close

No one wants to see Wagner injured. His injury, however, gives Cal a great opportunity to insert Shepherd into the starting lineup and have him take the lead guard position.

If Wagner is out for a handful of games and Shepherd continues to play like this with heavy minutes and the starting role, then there’s no way Wagner will get that role back.

1bbaa810-8e66-11ee-8fbf-94e2f9e3b3b4

No one wants to see Wagner injured. His injury, however, gives Cal a great opportunity to insert Shepherd into the starting lineup and have him take the lead guard position.

If Wagner is out for a handful of games and Shepherd continues to play like this with heavy minutes and the starting role, then there’s no way Wagner will get that role back.
The training staff told DJs parents that he was fine.

He’s really good. He is an all around talented player and three level scorer with great defensive prowess. This team is loaded with dudes who I think all make each other look good with their unselfishness and high IQ play. The scary thing is that while Reed had an outstanding night tonight, a couple of other guys on the team are capable of having similar performances night in and night out.

That’s what happens when you have immense talent and also play together as a team with high IQ. Iron sharpens iron sort of thing.

Don't really care who starts...not sure why ppl get all worked up about this. Care who's in when it matters.

Why would he not? Honest question. I see these comments a lot.
Coming into tonight, only Burks played less mpg than Dilly and Reed. I think people:

1) Want to see the best player on the team start.

I know that you don’t think that’s a big deal and you argue against this, but there’s literally no other basketball team on the face of the earth in which the best player does not start.

2) Want to see Reed get the most mpg. Regardless of who is starting, he should be leading the guards in minutes per game.

His defensive instincts are the highest I’ve seen at uk & I’m 46, the way he gets in position on help side D plus doubles down on the bigs. He anticipates what the dribbler is going to do better than anyone I’ve seen, he knows how to fake one then jump to the other side knowing the offensive guy is going to switch hands somehow & he’s there for a steal or deflection. Insane IQ & court vision with the ability to see all aspects of the play & how it should develop. A glue guy for sure and someone you can trust at the end of games.

Coming into tonight, only Burks played less mpg than Dilly and Reed. I think people:

I know that you don’t think that’s a big deal and you argue against this, but there’s literally no other basketball team on the face of the earth in which the best player does not start.

2) Want to see Reed get the most mpg. Regardless of who is starting, he should be leading the guards in minutes per game.
Looking pretty good how cal has him playing right now. I think he should get 25/28 mpg but I would leave him coming off the bench. He doesn't mind it so why would it matter

We get it. You want to see him start.

But that’s not the question I asked the poster

Reactions: Cats192
He does it all. He’s the heart of this team.
He is a very fine player indeed. I know when discussed a bunch of folks like to say he isn't the "athlete" some of the others are... Well, being a good player and athlete aren't always the same thing... Reed knows the game really well and makes the passes, shots and defensive plays on the court to show he does!
I never thought Larry Bird (not that Reed is Birds level) was the best ATHLETE on the court but he was always a play or 2 ahead of his adversaries.

He is a very fine player indeed. I know when discussed a bunch of folks like to say he isn't the "athlete" some of the others are... Well, being a good player and athlete aren't always the same thing... Reed knows the game really well and makes the passes, shots and defensive plays on the court to show he does!
I never thought Larry Bird (not that Reed is Birds level) was the best ATHLETE on the court but he was always a play or 2 ahead of his adversaries.
It’s the old skill versus athleticism thing. Player rankings are measured of athleticism and suitability for the NBA. There is no ranking system for potential for college basketball. Reed has very good skills.

He does it all. He’s the heart of this team.
I’d say he our most well rounded player on both sides. Dillingham has something to say about it, Mitchell and Reeves are not slouches either. It’s really nice having players as good as Edwards and DJ being our 5/6 best players. Thiero is solid as hell night in and out too. We have some ballers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT