ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

This team is going to go as far as the young pitching, India, Stephenson anything left in the tank from Votto and wildcards like Barrero/Senzel take them. The bullpen needs to get fully healthy. Getting production out of Moustakas and the rest are complimentary pieces that would be just gravy at this point, keeping my expectations in check but hope for the best.

Reactions: dtjr
Agreed. Reds....well moreso the Bengals until lately.....both have a history of putting good money after bad so to speak. If they've paid a guy...they're gonna play him regardless of whether it's in the best interest in the team. Bengals have done a 180 thankfully on that, and the Reds FINALLY make an intelligent move. We owed Shogo 7 or 8 mil I believe whether he played or walked. No reason to keep him out there if you're going to pay him regardless of what you do.

I want to see TJ Friedl up in the outfield. I like Aquino but Friedl has shown he's a much better option.

Still our starting OF looks like Senzel Pham and Naquin......when we lost Castellanos and Winker things looked bleak but that's not a bad OF.

We're not going to be a dumpster fire this year boys!!
Aquino is one of those guys who swings for the fence every time up. It's a detriment to him. He's not a good hitter otherwise. We don't need a guy who will hit 30 Homers but hit .220 and strikeout more than he walks.

Reactions: CB3UK
Lodolo is the truth. Looking forward to watching him tear it up
Actually surprised Greene got the game 4 start before Lodolo. Maybe it was just a scheduling thing, based on when they were pitching in the Cactus league. Greene had the one terrible outing, but Lodolo has been very consistent. I like Greene a lot, but fear he's going to give up a lot of home runs.

Aquino is one of those guys who swings for the fence every time up. It's a detriment to him. He's not a good hitter otherwise. We don't need a guy who will hit 30 Homers but hit .220 and strikeout more than he walks.
Hes not good at hitting anything other than fastballs. I feel like he's young, so, maybe he can come around on the offspeed stuff.

Kinda like Hunter Greene. It's gonna be 100mph+ heat. It's either gonna be a lot Ks or a lot of HRS til he gets more in his arsenalm

Actually surprised Greene got the game 4 start before Lodolo. Maybe it was just a scheduling thing, based on when they were pitching in the Cactus league. Greene had the one terrible outing, but Lodolo has been very consistent. I like Greene a lot, but fear he's going to give up a lot of home runs.
Totally agree. Lodolo's going to be just fine.

Right move, but still on the hook for his 8 million salary.
Unfortunately there's nothing the Reds can do about it now. Would have been nice to dump some other team had traded for him before getting cut but you've now ate Miley & Shogo's big contracts. I couldn't see anyone being that desperate to move for him at that cost. Notorious for bad contracts. About all you can do is look at it this way, addition by subtraction. It opens the door for young guys/more productive players he would take at-bats from.

Last edited:
Feel the same about Hunter as well. I think Greene will be fine though he will probably have a couple of starts this year like he did vs the White Sox as he figures things out at the MLB level. By no means was he rushed to MLB but TJ Surgery followed by the 2020 season cancelled didn't help matters. Wouldn't surprise me if he were to hit a wall of some sort that he doesn't get optioned back to AAA for a short stint in a worst case scenario. I'm excited to see Lodolo finally make his MLB Debut and believe he will shine from day one like Castillo.

attachment.php

Feel the same about Hunter as well. I think Greene will be fine though he will probably have a couple of starts this year like he did vs the White Sox as he figures things out at the MLB level. By no means was he rushed to MLB but TJ Surgery followed by the 2020 season cancelled didn't help matters. Wouldn't surprise me if he were to hit a wall of some sort that he doesn't get optioned back to AAA for a short stint in a worst case scenario. I'm excited to see Lodolo finally make his MLB Debut and believe he will shine from day one like Castillo.
Lodolo has a couple of years on Greene and pitched at the college level, so you would expect his development to be ahead of Greene’s at this point. I think Lodolo will be a solid rotation guy until they can’t afford him anymore. It would be nice to hope that in a couple or three years he’s an all-star top of the rotation type, but I’ll settle for a consistent 14-15 game winner each year.

Lodolo has a couple of years on Greene and pitched at the college level, so you would expect his development to be ahead of Greene’s at this point. I think Lodolo will be a solid rotation guy until they can’t afford him anymore. It would be nice to hope that in a couple or three years he’s an all-star top of the rotation type, but I’ll settle for a consistent 14-15 game winner each year.
My expectations are in check for Hunter Greene during his 1st couple of seasons. I'll be fine with Cueto numbers from Greene starting out with a few clunkers every so often, an ERA somewhere around 4.00, 10-win mark while he gets accustomed to the MLB level. Even with Lodolo/Sanmartin too. Some will take longer to adjust like it did with Homer using all 3 options, 6 years to have a season with an ERA under 4.00. 14-15 wins from Lodolo or Greene routinely would be huge for any Reds pitcher considering the state of the team rebuilding. Rest assured if either reaches that ace level they will be priced out of the Reds budget and we'll be doing this all over again sooner than later.

Last edited:
Happy Opening Day! Best Day of the Year!

here’s some thoughts on the Reds

1. Thank God they finally moved on from Shogo. I couldn’t stand him. Worst offensive player in MLB yet the fans loved him due to him being Japanese. Who cares, play the best players and he sure wasn’t.

2. Sonny Gray was awful after the crackdown of sticky stuff and is injured constantly anymore, overrated pitcher, fine that we dumped him

3. Tucker Barnhart can’t hit, never has been able too. Glad he’s gone

4. Wade Miley was atrocious in September and wasn’t worth his contract, glad he’s gone

5. I liked Nick Castellanos but knew he wasn’t coming back, also don’t think he was a very good clubhouse guy. I think Pham can be adequate replacement

6. Suarez has been terrible since 2019, glad he and his contract are gone

7. I’ve loved Jesse Winker since the Reds drafted him. Hate that we traded him so we could dump Suarez but I like the return. Winker is a lifetime .188 hitter against lefties, is slow, and plays a terrible LF.

8. Once healthy, I think the pitching staff is good. Castillo, Mahle, Greene, Lodolo, Minor with a improved Bullpen. Art Warren and Santillan are elite. SanMartin can be a good lefty in the pen. Need Sims to be better than he was last year

9. offense is projected to be the 14th best in all of MLB. That’s not bad. I think overall, they’re more dynamic than they have been in a while. If Senzel can stay healthy to go along with Fraley, India, Naquin, there’s more speed overall on the team. I think you’ll see more of a gritty group than just waiting around for a 3 run HR.

10. I don’t see us much different than Milwaukee tbh. I think Milwaukee did about as good as they could last year and will revert closer to .500 ball. Cardinals would be my pick to take the division but I think the Reds could challenge if everything fell right and the young guns are ready for the show.

opening day is a day to be optimistic, that’s the beauty of it. I plan to watch all 162.

ITS THE MOST GLORIOUS DAY OF THE YEAR. Brewers and Cubs kick it off at 2. Los Rojos take down the champs at 8! LFG!!!!!

f8b.gif

giphy.gif

merica-funny.gif

giphy.gif

hulk-hogan.gif

SeveralUnrulyDartfrog-max-1mb.gif

Milwaukee's rotation is legit. Not a starter with an ERA above 3.22. Craig Counsell gets the most out his ball club and would take him in a minute over David Bell. The offense is suspect but Cincinnati is as well. It would take everyone on this team to reach their potential and a commitment from the FO not to part with Castillo/Mahle. 78-84 is my prediction. There will be stretches of the season this team will look like it's all coming together, challenge the Cubs for 3rd but a rookie slump is inevitable with these young guys and injuries along the way.

Reactions: runningbears
Welp, negative OBP Aquino batting 2nd and some guy named Drury starting at 3b tonight...🤦🏻‍♂️

I like this Joey Votto later in his career showing his personality. He had a no-nonsense approach throughout most of his career and it's good to see him having fun.

Nice to kickoff the season in the win column vs the defending champs. Interesting that Santillan got the save opportunity over Strickland.

Votto was gold the inning they had him on the mic. That was a lot of fun. Cards fan, but recorded it just to get another game in. Fast forwarded between outs until Votto was on the mic. Fun and great insight. Hope more guys do this in the future on national TV games

Nice to even up the series with a win for Greene against the defending champs heading home now Cleveland next.

Okay today the Cincinnati Reds owner pretty much said the only way this team can do well is the move the team. Literally talking like they can't compete having a team in Cincinnati.
You got to go read what he said man this dude here this ownership they're done after this.

The Castellini Regime is a bunch of cheap skate ass clowns. Phil is an arrogant SOB who thinks they should raise a banner after splitting the series vs Atlanta. Pissed a good opportunity to come back tonight after tying the game up with a former Cy Young winner in Bieber starting. An upcoming 4-game road trip out west at Dodger Stadium, followed by the Padres and then come home to St. Louis & San Diego...

They outed themselves here knowing they are above their heads owning a team in Cincinnati. As if Bob was bad enough, look what we have to look forward to when he's no longer in charge. I could care less if someone local owns the Cincinnati Reds, I just want to win. Find the next foreign investor that is loaded like the Khan's who spend money. His bullshit apology is just damage control after alienating the fan base again with his comments just trying to get anyone to buy tickets to show up for this shit show. Bought the team after the 2005 season and yet to win a playoff series and 5 winnings seasons including the 2 months in 2020.

Last edited:
Watch and see. NOBODY will show up. I wont. Ever. EVER.
BOYCOTT TIME until MLB makes them sell. YOU DONT EVEN REMOTELY TALK ABOUT MOVING THE CINCINNATI REDS from Cincy. The first freaking baseball team EVER.
YOU DONE FUDGED UP NOW.

Reactions: runningbears
They will be lucky to win a damn game on this upcoming road trip on the west coast. Mike Moustakas so far 1 hit .077 avg, 1 RBI, 0 BB and OPS .148. Highest paid Reds free agent spend in franchise history making $16 million this year, $18 million in 2023 and $20 million in 2024. We know where the problem lies but it's beyond frustrating.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Gotta trade Moose, he’s a bum. He even said the first thing he did after flying in to CVG was hitting up Jake Sweeney Chevrolet. What kind of Cali-clown does that?

At least they were undefeated after one game but 1 and 4 since then. Reds suckitude is starting early this year

Cute stunt tonight starting Cessa in place of Revier Sanmartin and only to have Sanmartin replace him in the 2nd inning. You couldn't write jokes this funny if you tried..

Reactions: mrschwump
John Sadak said going into the 9th it's been 44 innings since the Reds had a lead. Going to be a rough season. Greene looked sharp through 5.

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
I'm starting to think we can't. I'll be watching all year regardless. But no bats means no wins.

I think Locked on Reds said it best. This is going to be an experimenting year. See what young guys can give us what going forward. They've completely wasted Joey Votto's career.

I'm starting to think we can't. I'll be watching all year regardless. But no bats means no wins.

I think Locked on Reds said it best. This is going to be an experimenting year. See what young guys can give us what going forward. They've completely wasted Joey Votto's career.
Veteran players will be gone come trading deadline. Then FO will open another can of journeyman minor leaguers to finish the season. This is not an experimental year, it's a year completely pissed away by the most incompetent FO in baseball. Reds have gone from a borderline playoff contender to one of the five worst teams in MLB in a few short weeks.

Reactions: Tskware
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT