ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

Fraley and Dunn had more fWAR than Suarez and Winker last year.

mostly because Geno was that bad

Winker couldn't his weight against lefties....he can take his overrated stats elsewhere.

I love Geno but unloading his contract did make sense. Its the Winker aspect that has me salty AF.

Fun fact from WLW tonight: Ken Griffey Jr is 6th highest on Reds roster payroll for 2022.

Votto
Moose
Shogo
Lou Castle
Mahle

How does Shogo make more than Castillo is also a "wtf are we doing" stat.

Reds fan since 1967..I am done with the organization until the current ownership sells the team. I am banning myself from watching them or attending any games..2022 and they have a payroll of $90 million and Votto gets $25 million of that. Moose and Shogo take up the better part of the rest. How in the hell can a team compete with that low of a payroll. It simply cant be done. I got $5 that says Mahle and Castillo are both gone by the weekend and don't be surprised if they start shopping India with in the next couple of seasons. I hope they trade Joey so he does not have to be a part of this clown show any longer. He deserves better..This just in, the season has not started and already Senzel and Moose are on the DL..just kidding..however it will not be long before that is true. Senzel cant walk across the field without getting injured.. Hunter Greene and Nick Lodolo..keeps your bags packed..you two could be next..

Every Reda fan who has spent hard earned money to go watch them needs to boycott this year . Do not give money to the cheapest organization in sports !!!!!

Wink will be missed..

I think Bob is in for a rude awakening. A lot of boycott talk for Opening Day.

You've launched 2 rebuilds since Dusty left town, half assed both of them, and now you want fans to be patient with a 3rd?

YOU DONT HAVE ANY EQUITY TO CASH IN BOB.

At this point I'll be shocked if Castillo and Mahle are still here by Friday when we playing Cleveland in spring training.

I'm furious but I'm not going to lie. I'm going to listen and watch. I usually go to 5-10 games a year. Will probably be less because of this but honestly ticket prices will be dirt cheap. I know I shouldn't reward Bob, but there really isn't anything better than afternoon at the ballpark.

I may opt to just drive to Louisville and watch all these guys we're mortgaging the roster for instead.
An abject disaster. Instead of investing in FAs to make a play off run, Reds have decimated, eviscerated, mutilated, sliced and diced a promising roster. I'd hope Reds fans stay away from GABP in droves this season but if you do go CB3UK....wear a paper bag over your head. Loneliest guy in Cincy will be the ticket manager. Thing about it is they're getting virtually nothing in return. It'll be a decade before the Reds reach .500 again. With current owners, no FA worth his salt will want to sign with an organization not interested in winning.

Re Castillo/Mahle, totally agree. Might add those 2 plus Votto will be gone by the weekend.

Maybe the Reds franchise will be sold and moved to Nashville.

Reactions: SeanCain and CB3UK
Alright now I’m pissed. I love Jesse Winker. What an absolutely pathetic ownership group to trade him just to dump Genos salary
Yeah, that one hurt. Trade away a .300+ hitter. looks like it's gonna be another year of a sub .250 team batting average. Is anybody on that roster capable of batting anywhere near .300? Votto doesn't even fit that category anymore.

The Reds are a disgrace. How in the hell they expect fans to tune into Bally Sports and pay to watch them at GABP is a joke. Ownership has never given a shit about winning.

Should've cut bait with Moustakas before he lands on the IL in ST sitting next to Senzel. Could've kept multiple players on with Moose's contract. The most expensive free agent signing in Reds history my ass. Our only hope is he strings it together long enough so they can deal him too, for a lefty hitter in someone else's lineup. Still not seeing what everyone else is in Barrero. Farmer is bound to regress as is Naquin. God help us with Shogo & Aquino in the Outfield.

The clock is ticking on Castillo and I don't trust Krall, Williams & the Castellini regime to capitalize on the return for him. My only hope is they're shedding payroll to sell out to new ownership once and for all. However, we're not going to get that lucky. I'd be fine with foreign investors coming in and spending big to help this franchise win. Let's face it, no one rich enough in Cincinnati to make us a viable contender year in and out.
Barrero is another Billy Hamilton. tremendous on defense, but will never have the bat to produce at the major league level. I'm just hoping India and Stephenson don't have sophomore slumps. India could be this teams only saving grace.

At this point I'll be shocked if Castillo and Mahle are still here by Friday when we playing Cleveland in spring training.

I'm furious but I'm not going to lie. I'm going to listen and watch. I usually go to 5-10 games a year. Will probably be less because of this but honestly ticket prices will be dirt cheap. I know I shouldn't reward Bob, but there really isn't anything better than afternoon at the ballpark.

I may opt to just drive to Louisville and watch all these guys we're mortgaging the roster for instead.
Looking like it will be yet another year of me watching a bunch in the first few months then round about the all-star break, The interest wanes as they get further and further away from any sort of contention. so I turn my attention to the upcoming football season. hoping I at least get till June before that happens this year.

Reactions: Tskware
Yeah, that one hurt. Trade away a .300+ hitter. looks like it's gonna be another year of a sub .250 team batting average. Is anybody on that roster capable of batting anywhere near .300? Votto doesn't even fit that category anymore.
India could hit .300, he covers the plate very well. Him and Votto are my only reasons to watch anymore. I love the Reds, can’t give them up but it sucks. The money saved absolutely won’t be put back into the roster, that’s the most frustrating part

Reds will soon embark on a season that will end in unprecedented futility. '22 Reds will make the Pirates/Orioles look like World Champs. 100+ loss seasons will be the norm. It's just a shame the depths the Reds have fallen to with no chance of escape under the current ownership. Reds are the laughingstock of baseball.

Reactions: SeanCain
Reds will soon embark on a season that will end in unprecedented futility. '22 Reds will make the Pirates/Orioles look like World Champs. 100+ loss seasons will be the norm. It's just a shame the depths the Reds have fallen to with no chance of escape under the current ownership. Reds are the laughingstock of baseball.
Castellini is the worst. No desire to compete, only to save money. If you can’t afford the team sell them.

Barrero is another Billy Hamilton. tremendous on defense, but will never have the bat to produce at the major league level. I'm just hoping India and Stephenson don't have sophomore slumps. India could be this teams only saving grace.
I'm afraid you may be right about that. Haven't seen anything at the plate that has impressed me yet. This organization is putting way too much stock into unproven prospects right now and should be ashamed the way they've pissed away an all-time great career with an MVP like Joey Votto. People can bitch about his contract but I'd be damned if I were to take a penny less if I were Joey knowing damn well they're going to squander it and keep having fire sales. Teams don't keep great players like him around without paying and too many times this team has paid the wrong ones like Shogo, Homer Bailey & Mike Moustakas. When they dumped BP his last year, paid Atlanta $15 of the remaining $16 million on his contract for minor league depth that never made the Majors.

The arrogance of this organization to its fans deserves no loyalty from us. They rip our hearts out and treat us like we're stupid, taking advantage of the fact the Reds fans love their team to a fault. A once proud tradition is nothing but a shell of itself from the Big Red Machine days. It's no wonder Castellini was one of 3 owners that voted against raising the CBT. Just goes to prove this ownership will never take winning seriously. What they fail to understand, if you pay to put a winner on the field, you'll get a return on investment in TV ratings, ticket & merchandise sales as well as extra games in October that you aren't getting now..

Last edited:
Sweet mother. Most runs given up since 2007.

giphy.gif

Shogo has the worst swing of any outfielder I think I have ever seen, literally falls sideways as he takes a little league swipe at the ball. But he was a great pickup :mad:

Shogo has the worst swing of any outfielder I think I have ever seen, literally falls sideways as he takes a little league swipe at the ball. But he was a great pickup :mad:
Reds current payroll highest paid players in order:

Joey Votto
Mike Moustakas
Shogo Akiyama
Luis Castillo
Tyler Mahle
Ken Griffey Jr

I shit you not.

We're gonna be running Senzel Shogo and Naquin out there in the OF. What are we doing? What the hell are we doing? And talk of forcing Barrero out there? Why? His bat isn't where it needs to be. If it's improved OK. But play him at SS where WE HAVE AN OPENING. You move Kyle Farmer in that situation.

Put Senzel at 3rd, Barrero at SS. DH Moose. Infield D immediately gets significant upgrade. You traded away your LF and didn't resign RF. Eff it. Shogo in center. Aquino in right. Naquin in left. Just roll with it.

Or go find Scooter Gennett 😆

Reactions: MRobCat589
Also, Amir Garrett traded to the Royals for Mike Minor. Why would you not have just kept Wade Miley at this point? Total lack of foresight by this idiot front office.

I think this FO puts players names in a hat, shakes it up, draws out a name then comes up with the most bizarre of situations. No thought or plan. Folks, we're looking at a history making season of unprecedented losses. This season will challenge the original Mets for futility. Casey Stengel famously once proclaimed: "Does anybody here know how to play this game?" Same can be said for the Reds FO.

Quite amazing to see so many people get worked up over losing mediocre players on a .500 team which was their ceiling.

Quite amazing to see so many people get worked up over losing mediocre players on a .500 team which was their ceiling.

I wanted to chalk this up to nothing more than a troll post and maybe it is. That being said, you’re right. Cincinnati very well could have been a .500 team this year but there was a small amount of optimism with the group that was there. A decent amount of young talent with some real experience in the clubhouse. But as it always has been, the Reds FO said hold my beer and decided to do a fire sale. Another rebuild is a joke. And long suffering Reds fans are tired of it.

Reactions: MRobCat589
Also, Amir Garrett traded to the Royals for Mike Minor. Why would you not have just kept Wade Miley at this point? Total lack of foresight by this idiot front office.
Exactly, Minor is not the kind of move you make in teardown mode. 5-10 years ago before the injuries with Atlanta maybe but no logic behind this move. If Garrett were to have a great year, you can name your price with a lefty reliever just as they could have with Miley at the deadline.

Reactions: CB3UK
I wanted to chalk this up to nothing more than a troll post and maybe it is. That being said, you’re right. Cincinnati very well could have been a .500 team this year but there was a small amount of optimism with the group that was there. A decent amount of young talent with some real experience in the clubhouse. But as it always has been, the Reds FO said hold my beer and decided to do a fire sale. Another rebuild is a joke. And long suffering Reds fans are tired of it.
It is a troll post...It minimizes all of the talent this organization as squandered away since Castellini bought the franchise after the 2005 season. There's nothing mediocre about having All-Star game starters with Winker and Castellanos in the lineup. The fools running this organization couldn't give a shit. Look what the Yankees got for 2 months of Aroldis Chapman from the Cubs, Gleyber Torres. Who did we get? Rookie Davis, Eric Jaglieo, Tony Renda & Caleb Cotham already a coach now. Fans are tired of being taken advantage of and played for fools. Had they kept the roster intact one more year with the prospects on the verge this could have been an exciting team. Key injuries down the stretch hurt last year as well. Instead, another fire sale is upon us once again. Hell just look what the San Francisco Giants did winning 107 games with four of our former starters last year with Cueto, Gausman, Wood & DeSclafani.

Last edited:
It is a troll post...It minimizes all of the talent this organization as squandered away since Castellini bought the franchise after the 2005 season. There's nothing mediocre about having an All-Star game starters with Winker and another in Castellanos in the lineup. The fools running this organization couldn't give a shit. Look what the Yankees got for 2 months of Aroldis Chapman from the Cubs, Gleyber Torres. Who did we get? Rookie Davis, Eric Jaglieo, Tony Renda & Caleb Cotham already a coach now. Fans are tired of being taken advantage of and played for fools. Had they kept the roster intact one more year with the prospects on the verge this could have been an exciting team. Key injuries down the stretch hurt last year as well. Instead, another fire sale is upon us once again. Hell just look what the San Francisco Giants did winning 107 games with four of our former starters last year with Cueto, Gausman, Wood & DeSclafani.
You're right, now they're in a race to outpirate the Pirates.

You're right, now they're in a race to outpirate the Pirates.
Certainly playing with fire now that the first 6 draft picks are in a lottery. Sad the threat of being the worst team and potentially ending up 6th doesn't light a fire under the Reds FO to do any better. The Reds are going all in.

On the plus side, Reds tickets will be cheaper than Legends or Wild Health Genome tickets. So we've got that going for us.

Reactions: SeanCain
Big time moves signing Donovan Solano & Buck Farmer. Might finish 4th in the NL Central now
Solano move makes absolutely no sense. Kyle Farmer 2.0. We need frigging outfielders. We've got an infield. Can't believe they're talking about putting Barrero in OF. He's an elite SS defensively. His bat is the issue. Why the hell do you force him into the lineup by putting f him there when we NEED a SS. Kyle Farmer is not the year long answer.

We sign Mike Minor and owe him $10 mil.....the same price we decided we couldn't pay Wade Miley and let him walk for nothing. You can't make this shit up at this point.

Solano move makes absolutely no sense. Kyle Farmer 2.0. We need frigging outfielders. We've got an infield. Can't believe they're talking about putting Barrero in OF. He's an elite SS defensively. His bat is the issue. Why the hell do you force him into the lineup by putting f him there when we NEED a SS. Kyle Farmer is not the year long answer.

We sign Mike Minor and owe him $10 mil.....the same price we decided we couldn't pay Wade Miley and let him walk for nothing. You can't make this shit up at this point.
I agree, it seems like they're just trolling us fans right now. At some point I hope MLB will step in like the NBA did assigning Jerry Colangelo to the 76ers for a while to turn things around.

Listening to MLB on XM right now and they were singing pretty high praises about Solano. "Donny Barrels" apparently Giants fans loved him too. Guess we'll wait and see.

This front office and Nick Krall have no equity with this fan base. Maybe they do have a plan and are capable of executing it competently. I haven't seen anything to suggest that but work with me here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT