ADVERTISEMENT

Reds

Veteran players will be gone come trading deadline. Then FO will open another can of journeyman minor leaguers to finish the season. This is not an experimental year, it's a year completely pissed away by the most incompetent FO in baseball. Reds have gone from a borderline playoff contender to one of the five worst teams in MLB in a few short weeks.
Only reason I'd disagree is because what veterans we do have are only still here because those cheap asses in the owners box couldn't get anything for them when they no doubt tried to shop them around this offseason.

Only reason I'd disagree is because what veterans we do have are only still here because those cheap asses in the owners box couldn't get anything for them when they no doubt tried to shop them around this offseason.
Mahle and a healthy Castillo are probably a 3 or 4 starter on a good team. FO will likely settle for another sore-armed or bum-shouldered thrower. Then they can move forward with their scheme to give away 3 or 4 of their promising young players. I've been a Reds fan since the late 1950s, don't think I've ever been so discouraged.

Mahle and a healthy Castillo are probably a 3 or 4 starter on a good team. FO will likely settle for another sore-armed or bum-shouldered thrower. Then they can move forward with their scheme to give away 3 or 4 of their promising young players. I've been a Reds fan since the late 1950s, don't think I've ever been so discouraged.
Tyler Mahle, on the road at least, is amongst the best pitchers in baseball man. That's not me drinking Kool aid. Those are stat based facts. Castillo I think is a solid 2. His early season as well as early inning jitters are what jeep him from being elite.

Go get Trevor Bauer back I say. Dodgers aren't gonna suit him up, by all means, use that as leverage to get him cheap.

We've been waiting since 2006 with the Castellini regime to finally build a winner and only get our hearts ripped out from our chests. Sorry but the time for being patient with this ownership is long gone. How many core groups has this team had to build around only to get destroyed in a fire sale? It's going to happen again just as soon as this next bunch starts to gel and sniff the playoffs.

Reds fans are tired of this bullshit and being played for fools. I bet I haven't missed 10 Reds games since the games have been televised by FS Ohio/Bally Sports and those were for either a death in the family or an assignment in the Air Force that prevented me from watching. I'll call it as I see it with this organization and the fault lies with the front office. Reds fans have the right to be frustrated, we give more to this organization with our fandom and loyalty with very little to show for. The front office knows it and takes advantage of it. Phil Castellini's smart ass remarks only adds fuel to the fire.

Last edited:
Our offense is a complete and utter joke. Still love my Reds. Castellinis however can jump off the Brent Spence

Outscored 43-15 since Phil popped his mouth off. Can't take credit for this picture but here's that banner he wants to raise. This is what happens when you let 2 All-Star Game starters walk and a guy who can hit anywhere from 25-49 home runs in favor of keeping Moustakas with a .129 batting average and for a 'power hitter' 1 RBI!!! If you're going to shed 'deadweight' high contracts with Suarez & Shogo, should have shit canned Moustakas in the process.

278449866_533120941667781_7762709264313995066_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: uofkFTW18 and CB3UK
Reds FO gives away around 60 HRs, nearly 300 RBIs and replace that with never was has beens and wonder why you can't score. Whoda thunk it?

Padres and the Redbirds this week. Wouldn't be surprised if we see two more series sweeps 😆 I bought tickets for Saturdays game yesterday. Im a glutton for punishment boys!

Who are the other 4 teams in discussion with Reds as being one of the 5 worst? Maybe the Orioles other than that they are rock bottom
No idea...just saying the Reds were not playoff contenders, nor were they considered to be, unless it was from the homers.

Reactions: runningbears
No idea...just saying the Reds were not playoff contenders, nor were they considered to be, unless it was from the homers.
Reds were borderline playoff contenders before FO gutted the team. Instead of giving away All Stars they could've signed FAs and maybe gotten to 88-90 wins. Now 95 losses is likely.

They will be lucky to win a damn game on this upcoming road trip on the west coast. Mike Moustakas so far 1 hit .077 avg, 1 RBI, 0 BB and OPS .148. Highest paid Reds free agent spend in franchise history making $16 million this year, $18 million in 2023 and $20 million in 2024. We know where the problem lies but it's beyond frustrating.
They'd have been better off keeping Suarez and dumping Moose at this point.

John Sadak said going into the 9th it's been 44 innings since the Reds had a lead. Going to be a rough season. Greene looked sharp through 5.
So far Greene's been the only bright spot. Too bad his arm will be shot by mid season.

I like Greene too, impressive start, but he's only going 4-5 innings in his starts. Not a lot of innings eaters anymore.
true, but throwing 39 pitches over 100MPH in one game can't be good for the long term health of his arm.

true, but throwing 39 pitches over 100MPH in one game can't be good for the long term health of his arm.
Different era of baseball. Was mentioned during Sunday's Reds telecast that Robin Roberts threw 300+ innings in 6 consecutive seasons. We'll never see that again.

I have a friend, now retired, who was a pitching coach at every level including college, minors and majors. He told me once: "If you pitch long enough you WILL eventually have arm problems, probably including surgery." Of course, Greene has had both. I guess with the big salaries comes caution but sometimes I get annoyed with the babying of modern day pitchers.

So far Greene's been the only bright spot. Too bad his arm will be shot by mid season.
Tyler Stephenson has been fine, solid at the plate and drastically improved his defense. No one is taking Moustakas off our hands with that bullshit contract and his injury history. We're stuck with him unless they buyout the remainder of his contact like New York did with A-Rod. San Diego hates Eric Hosmer, Lorenzo Cain past his prime too. Who knows maybe Kansas City will want to get the band back together for 1 last rodeo.

I've said it here on this board in the past, I know I'm in the minority on Suarez but I think his leadership was huge on this team. Not going to ignore the fact he hit 49 home runs, consecutive 100 RBI seasons in 2018-19. Striking out was a big problem in recent years but from 2015-19 only 1 season below .260 avg. People are free to feel however they want about him after the last 1 year, 2 months but need to acknowledge this offense was gutted and that's what is killing us.

Cincinnati still has depth in the rotation until Mahle/Castillo are gone. Not fretting yet over 1 start from Lodolo. Sanmartin came back in a huge way vs the Dodgers. It's not enough though if you can't give them any run support.

Last edited:
Actually 56 but who's counting??

Now 65 innings in a row where the Reds have not held the lead at the end of any inning. They did score in the top of the 1st last night, but promptly gave up 2 to the Padres and went on the lose 4-1. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: mrschwump
Now 65 innings in a row where the Reds have not held the lead at the end of any inning. They did score in the top of the 1st last night, but promptly gave up 2 to the Padres and went on the lose 4-1. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I think they've led for about 8-10 minutes of the last 10 days. Pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: Tskware
Bush league play going for Stephenson's head by Luke Voit.

Last edited:
Two 8 game losing streaks under David Bell now. I suspect this one is going to go on for while a bit longer. Never thought he was much of a manager however in his defense, who would win with this AAA lineup right now?

Two 8 game losing streaks under David Bell now. I suspect this one is going to go on for while a bit longer. Never thought he was much of a manager however in his defense, who would win with this AAA lineup right now?
Yeah, really doesn't matter who manages the Reds, FO has hamstrung them with one of the least talented teams in MLB. Really a pathetic sight.

Reactions: kybloo92

Make that 74, never lead at the end of a complete inning last night

Don't know what happens nowadays but back in the day Voit wears the first pitch he sees in the next game.

No Voit in the lineup tonight. May not be a fight today but we're playing them again in GABP right after this upcoming series with St. Louis.

Reactions: CB3UK
No Voit in the lineup tonight. May not be a fight today but we're playing them again in GABP right after this upcoming series with St. Louis.

Good. I'd rather we brawl with the Padres on our home turf. Void went way overboard.

I think he was clearly trying to just knock the ball loose but dude took out TySteve with a damned clothesline. He deserves a beating and he knows it.

Reactions: kybloo92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT