ADVERTISEMENT

Recruit to watch: Ksuan Casey

Sparkaces1

Senior
Sep 19, 2012
This kid is from Madisonville, 6-9 300 pound Sophomore. Watched him play Saturday night and he is the real deal. I would suspect he was/is very comparable to Estill at this age. Someone told me he is related to Dwayne Casey.

Last edited:
This kid is from Madisonville, 6-9 300 pound Sophomore. Watched him play Friday night and he is the real deal. I would suspect he was/is very comparable to Estill at this age. Someone told me he is related to Dwayne Casey.
Cool. I loved Estill. Wonder how Casey would feel about him coming to UK?

I hope the kid turns out great, but that doesn't look like a top level recruit to me.

If you really want to look for younger guys that are likely to be on UK's radar, this is a good place to start:

https://www.usab.com/mens/u16/roster.aspx

And interestingly enough, there actually is a kid on that roster who's from Kentucky, which has become an exceedingly rare thing.

I would take
Him on size alone. Develop him and teach him to use his body. We haven't had a guy like that here in a long time. Cuz knew how to use his size well and that's about the last guy I remember.

I hope the kid turns out great, but that doesn't look like a top level recruit to me.

If you really want to look for younger guys that are likely to be on UK's radar, this is a good place to start:

And interestingly enough, there actually is a kid on that roster who's from Kentucky, which has become an exceedingly rare thing.
Harmon is a Freshman, but most likely will reclassify. The Casey kid can play, it will be interesting to see if he grows any more.

I've seen him at 6'8 and 6'9. Madisonville has another really good Sophomore as well who is listed at 6'6 and the Casey kid was clearly taller.

Unless he has grown recently he is 6'5 or maybe a generous 6'6. Averaged 8 and 8 last year and isn't even the best player on his team this year. Has a long way to go to be a Marquis Estill comparison. Not UK caliber talent , not even D1 talent. Not sure how these post get started, maybe I'm being leveled here which is possible. Not bashing the kid but he isn't 6'9 and isn't a D1 talent at this point. Wish him the best though as he is an above average player in the 2nd Region. If he conditions hard and grows some he could develop over the next few years.

Unless he has grown recently he is 6'5 or maybe a generous 6'6. Averaged 8 and 8 last year and isn't even the best player on his team this year. Has a long way to go to be a Marquis Estill comparison. Not UK caliber talent , not even D1 talent. Not sure how these post get started, maybe I'm being leveled here which is possible. Not bashing the kid but he isn't 6'9 and isn't a D1 talent at this point. Wish him the best though as he is an above average player in the 2nd Region. If he conditions hard and grows some he could develop over the next few years.
You may be from Madisonville and have seen this kid a bunch, but he was clearly the best on the team in the game I saw and as I said Madisonville does have another really good player listed at 6’6 (White is his last name I believe), and he was several inches taller than him. He is Def D1 material, maybe not UK level, but we’ll see.

It's definitely rare, and in this instance, he's not from Kentucky. He's from Baltimore/DC, then Nashville, then Bowling Green, and is now at Adair.

He can play, but the hope of any homegrown connection is out the window. He doesn't have roots here, and I don't believe the plan is for him to be in Kentucky much longer. Some chatter of a reclass to his sophomore year and prep school.

He likes the freedom Cal gives his guards, but is also really interested in Duke. Three or four years out it's too early to worry much about it, but the kid will be a prime target for all the big boys. He's as advertised.

The Second region is loaded this year by the way. This kid from UHA, KYKY Tandy, has already been offered by Florida and is only a Junior. UHA and Madisonville are predicted 3rd and 4th in that region behind Hoptown and Christian County.

It's definitely rare, and in this instance, he's not from Kentucky. He's from Baltimore/DC, then Nashville, then Bowling Green, and is now at Adair.

He can play, but the hope of any homegrown connection is out the window. He doesn't have roots here, and I don't believe the plan is for him to be in Kentucky much longer. Some chatter of a reclass to his sophomore year and prep school.

He likes the freedom Cal gives his guards, but is also really interested in Duke. Three or four years out it's too early to worry much about it, but the kid will be a prime target for all the big boys. He's as advertised.
Not surprising.

The level of recruit likely to be on UK's radar isn't likely to stay in Kentucky, even if he's from there (unlike Harmon). Not enough competition.

Haven't seen Harmon, but what he did on USA Basketball was impressive. Just making that team means a lot, but he was also the youngest guy to do so, and ended up the 3rd leading scorer (tied with James Wiseman, actually), led in assists, and hit 11/23 threes.

The younger the age group, the more USA Basketball games are likely to be complete routs (which was the case with the under 16 team), and the harder it is to glean much from individual stats, but Harmon standing out among the best of the best still screams "totally legit".

Not surprising.

The level of recruit likely to be on UK's radar isn't likely to stay in Kentucky, even if he's from there (unlike Harmon). Not enough competition.

Haven't seen Harmon, but what he did on USA Basketball was impressive. Just making that team means a lot, but he was also the youngest guy to do so, and ended up the 3rd leading scorer (tied with James Wiseman, actually), led in assists, and hit 11/23 threes.

The younger the age group, the more USA Basketball games are likely to be complete routs (which was the case with the under 16 team), and the harder it is to glean much from individual stats, but Harmon standing out among the best of the best still screams "totally legit".

He's done that everywhere. He played with Boo Williams this summer at the 17u EYBL (maybe the youngest player ever to do so) and posted like 13/4 with a steal on nearly 50% shooting.

He kept an overmatched Adair team in the game against Olive Branch, MS Saturday night in Marshall County. Had 33. Took Bowling Green to a state championship win last year as an 8th grader. He's a different kind of 15 year old point guard.

He also knows he's famous. But you couldn't have told me anything at 15 either and I wasn't the top basketball player my age in the country.

Reactions: MbergCat
The White kid from Madisonville will be the better prospect. But If Casey can work on his weight and conditioning and continue to improve, he can get there. Has nice range for a big man.

Now Zion on the other hand is on another level. As a 8th grader he dominated kids 3 years older. I am not talking about here around BG, but national level. I have watched the two kids mentioned above from my hometown. Best Madisonville team i have watched since the Michael Haney teams a while back.

The White kid from Madisonville will be the better prospect. But If Casey can work on his weight and conditioning and continue to improve, he can get there. Has nice range for a big man.

Now Zion on the other hand is on another level. As a 8th grader he dominated kids 3 years older. I am not talking about here around BG, but national level. I have watched the two kids mentioned above from my hometown. Best Madisonville team i have watched since the Michael Haney teams a while back.
What do you think the 2 Madisonville kids true heights are?

And how old is this kid who has been to so many cities?

This isn't a school-hopping case. Yet. The kid just started playing HS basketball. The moves were probably for legit family reasons.
The moves were for basketball. From what I understand, he moved to Tennessee, but that state won't allow middle schoolers to play at the high school level. So, he moved to Kentucky. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a prep school next year or the year after as an upperclassman. Also, wouldn't be surprised to see him reclassify.

Yes the plan is to end up somewhere like Oak Hill. The 8th grader Tenn school thing is also correct. He is wanting to move up in competition from KY high school level, he is just waiting to mature a bit more (no he is not affraid of competition). The Adair Co thing i do not understand. I guess he can be The Man there. Bowling Green is usually pretty balanced and do not rely on one player. Look at last year. Maybe DG Sherill leaving had a factor in it.

He had a bit of a slip up during a student newspaper video interview at BG and said he was recruited to come there so he needed a fast landing spot nearby and knew Adair's coach from the AAU circuit a couple years before.

This isn't a school-hopping case. Yet. The kid just started playing HS basketball. The moves were probably for legit family reasons.

He's mostly jumping to where he's allowed to play. The story I always heard about him ending up in Bowling Green was that you can't play varsity basketball as a middle school student in Tennessee, but I've seen rules posted that seem to prove that false. Not sure what the story was there.

I do know the story about why he left BG is true. But that kind of thing happens all the time, and it's easy for 14-15 year olds to accidentally say too much.

His dad moves with him every step of the way, but I don't think these are situations where dad takes a new job in a new city. They're basketball moves. I think that's why the plan is to reclassify after this season, apparently underclassmen aren't allowed to move to prep schools and he's looking to go that route.

He's mostly jumping to where he's allowed to play. The story I always heard about him ending up in Bowling Green was that you can't play varsity basketball as a middle school student in Tennessee, but I've seen rules posted that seem to prove that false. Not sure what the story was there.

I do know the story about why he left BG is true. But that kind of thing happens all the time, and it's easy for 14-15 year olds to accidentally say too much.

His dad moves with him every step of the way, but I don't think these are situations where dad takes a new job in a new city. They're basketball moves. I think that's why the plan is to reclassify after this season, apparently underclassmen aren't allowed to move to prep schools and he's looking to go that route.
Not a good way to handle it, but also not uncommon nowadays.

He has a March birthday, so 2020 is really his natural class. And yeah, given the background, it seems like a sure thing that he ends up at Oak Hill, Findlay, Montverde, or the like.

Not a good way to handle it, but also not uncommon nowadays.

He has a March birthday, so 2020 is really his natural class. And yeah, given the background, it seems like a sure thing that he ends up at Oak Hill, Findlay, Montverde, or the like.

Definitely. The kids are just a product of this system. He has a very professional mindset around basketball, and has even been contacted by European clubs about playing for money overseas.

He's used to the traveling and moving, which is all to say that sadly, I don't think spending two years in Kentucky will necessarily give us an edge in his recruitment. Maybe building inroads at those three prep schools will. He likes Oak Hill for proximity, and I think that's where he ends up, though two years at Adair is still in play.

Definitely. The kids are just a product of this system. He has a very professional mindset around basketball, and has even been contacted by European clubs about playing for money overseas.

He's used to the traveling and moving, which is all to say that sadly, I don't think spending two years in Kentucky will necessarily give us an edge in his recruitment. Maybe building inroads at those three prep schools will. He likes Oak Hill for proximity, and I think that's where he ends up, though two years at Adair is still in play.
Being in KY a couple of years has helped though because he has been to KY ball games several times for unofficial visits already. I know he was at midnight madness this year.

Being in KY a couple of years has helped though because he has been to KY ball games several times for unofficial visits already. I know he was at midnight madness this year.
Yep and happy to see UK involved with a recruit that young.

You may be from Madisonville and have seen this kid a bunch, but he was clearly the best on the team in the game I saw and as I said Madisonville does have another really good player listed at 6’6 (White is his last name I believe), and he was several inches taller than him. He is Def D1 material, maybe not UK level, but we’ll see.
Looks like Miami (OH) was in to see him and his teammate. We'll see what kid of offers he gets as time goes on.
MNHHSBoysBasketball‏@MNHHSBasketball Oct 18
Thanks to Miami U @MiamiCoachO for stopping by practice this AM to see c/o 2020 @KsuanCasey & KennyWhite. @MrReynolds25 @MiamiOH_BBall

That's true. And it makes it easier for Cal to drop in and visit him, etc. Hopefully he stays close in Virginia, although PJs dad at Findlay Prep would be a nice connection too.

Projecting recruiting three years out is probably insane in the first place, but we have some things in our favor. He says he wants to go somewhere that plays through their guards and gives the guy with the ball a lot of freedom, so we'll see. Can't put too much stock into what any 15 year old says.

That's true. And it makes it easier for Cal to drop in and visit him, etc. Hopefully he stays close in Virginia, although PJs dad at Findlay Prep would be a nice connection too.

Projecting recruiting three years out is probably insane in the first place, but we have some things in our favor. He says he wants to go somewhere that plays through their guards and gives the guy with the ball a lot of freedom, so we'll see. Can't put too much stock into what any 15 year old says.
It is def hard to project how good these kids will be in three years. It does look like their may be some KY kids on the radar in the next couple of years though. Really hope Cal offers KYKY Tandy from Hoptown.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT