ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue/Marquette game thread

Marquette is the best team I’ve seen. Purdue shot lights out first half or Marquette wins. Their guard play is exceptional.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Marquette is the best team I’ve seen. Purdue shot lights out first half or Marquette wins. Their guard play is exceptional.
Purdue had that game up 15 and playing the 3rd game in 3 days wore on them. They ate the better team. Don’t think Marquette has enough offense.

Purdue had that game up 15 and playing the 3rd game in 3 days wore on them. They ate the better team. Don’t think Marquette has enough offense.

Marquette played 3 games in 3 days as well. And they also played Kansas the night before, a little tougher than Tennessee.

I also didn't love the foul discrepancy in the 1st half. Marquette was in foul trouble by the 10 minute mark. Which maybe they earned those fouls.. but anytime I see a game that's 7 fouls to 1.. that doesn't tell me much about who is playing better.

Reactions: jwhite123
Must be November as Purdue is the best team in the land.
This. I think Painter may be the best EARLY season coach in the country. Seems like his teams always start the season looking well ahead of the others in terms of cohesiveness and already knowing how to play together.

But by March those others have always caught up and surpassed them. It’s just a shame for Purdue that the NCAA tournament ain’t held a few months earlier.

This. I think Painter may be the best EARLY season coach in the country. Seems like his teams always start the season looking well ahead of the others in terms of cohesiveness and already knowing how to play together.

But by March those others have always caught up and surpassed them. It’s just a shame for Purdue that the NCAA tournament ain’t held a few months earlier.
Not really the case last year. They finished the year by winning the Big 10 Tournament and getting a 1 seed. So they really hadn’t faded in any way. 2 years ago they made the Sweet 16 and 2 years before that they made the Elite 8. I actually think there March woes have been a bit overblown due to losing to a 1 seed. Which I get. But I think they get over the hump and make the FF at some point.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Not really the case last year. They finished the year by winning the Big 10 Tournament and getting a 1 seed. So they really hadn’t faded in any way. 2 years ago they made the Sweet 16 and 2 years before that they made the Elite 8. I actually think there March woes have been a bit overblown due to losing to a 1 seed. Which I get. But I think they get over the hump and make the FF at some point.
Doubt it.

Seems like we could run Purdue ragged if we push the ball. They are getting gassed by Marquette. Purdue leads but you can see Edey especially struggling after a couple run outs by Marquette.
Both are good teams.
The way to beat Purdue is to do everything to not let Edey catch the ball, or run them so fast he can’t keep up or gets gassed. When their guards play well they are tough. I’d personally make their small forward shoot all game to beat me. I think his name is Gillis.

Last edited:
Reactions: rivercatinfl
They had their chance the year Virgina made the biggest BS play ever and beat them.

He’s a damn good coach it just in March either his talent level overall isn’t good enough or something happens and his stars don’t show up. They shouldn’t have choked the year we did, or last year.

Reactions: UK90
Marquette played 3 games in 3 days as well. And they also played Kansas the night before, a little tougher than Tennessee.

I also didn't love the foul discrepancy in the 1st half. Marquette was in foul trouble by the 10 minute mark. Which maybe they earned those fouls.. but anytime I see a game that's 7 fouls to 1.. that doesn't tell me much about who is playing better.
Was on my way to type this to his response op. Agree completely

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT