ADVERTISEMENT

Pregame meal

Belvedere Martini for starters. Grilled Sea Bass, asparagus, rice, and bacon wrapped peppers. Washed down with a bottle of Rombauer Chardonnay. Now, on to a good beer.

Cheers!

Reactions: fabcat
Potted meat sandwich on rye bread with pickles and onion, fried okra, sweet potato casserole and a big ole glass of cold buttermilk.

This is awesome! We are winning

overhead-image-of-a-tv-dinner-on-a-wood-table-royalty-free-image-182231332-1535660157.jpg

Grilled Chicken Salad with Raspberry Walnut Vinigrette dressing. Bread with olive oil dip and chase down with Monkey Shoulder Scotch on the rocks with a lemon twist!!

Reactions: ManitouDan
I remember my grandparents eating this, and had forgotten about it. What’s the appeal? Not bashing.

It’s just one of those food combinations that go well together. of course you have to like buttermilk, which i do, not the low fat stuff.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
It’s just old fashioned buttermilk corn bread, now you can buy buttermilk biscuits because of it.

It’s just old fashioned buttermilk corn bread, now you can buy buttermilk biscuits because of it.

The buttermilk and cornbread i’m talking about is cornbread crumbled up and mixed into a glass of buttermilk and eaten with a spoon.

Just like my folks used to...I still do it to this day, but w/ whole milk, not buttermilk
Yeah, lot’s of people prefer whole white milk. i never liked whole white, even as a kid, but always have liked buttermilk. go figure. good with leftover cold pizza the next morning too. [cheers] .

The buttermilk and cornbread i’m talking about is cornbread crumbled up and mixed into a glass of buttermilk and eaten with a spoon.
Yea, that’s the precursor to the buttermilk biscuits sold in the stores and the premixed buttermilk cornmeal etc.... cornbread in a glass of buttermilk is a old treat that led to those things.

Reactions: blubo
6 mules, Wendy’s Biggie Bag, Mylanta, lemon drops, more Mylanta, one cold beer then bedtime

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT