ADVERTISEMENT

Pope now a legit candidate - CBS

O
giphy.gif
To be expected with such a garbage fan base! Basketball was the one sport you had to brag about at that trash university. Aaaaaaaaand Scott Drew turned you down. Sucks to suck.

EAD, wildcats! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
How’s your mom’s basement, loser.

How is he a loser? He holds his own in the Big12, and makes the tournament. All while recruiting with some of the toughest enrollment standards in D1. The big names all started somewhere.
Some of us tried telling you folks that we weren't going to just pick whoever we want. The top job is a demanding job. The difference between rich and more rich isn't worth it to everyone.
He ain't my first choice either, but he's no loser, and he's not the worst we could do.
This is Kentucky. There’s no shame in not landing Hurley. But settling for pope is a disaster. Has he ever even won a tournament game?

Pope is a huge risk. He has never been past the first round.
I don't get this logic. All coaches are risks. Calipari was a risk 15 years ago. He is the least of a risk. You offer him 5 or less mil. With incentives for 4 years. If he is over his head in year two, you move on to the "low" risk coaches..you know.. Beard, Rick, Bruce. You know. The ones with no baggage.

Whatever happens the most annoying part is the wait. We've been tracking planes, calling restaurants, and refreshing like crazy over 2 days now.

I don't get this logic. All coaches are risks. Calipari was a risk 15 years ago. He is the least of a risk. You offer him 5 or less mil. With incentives for 4 years. If he is over his head in year two, you move on to the "low" risk coaches..you know.. Beard, Rick, Bruce. You know. The ones with no baggage.
Sure I wouldn’t be ecstatic about him though. Imho. He’s far down my list.

If Pope is hired, this fan base will run him out of town before he even gets started. He would be in over his head from the get go and the measuring stick would be Duke, UNC and Arkansas. And nothing less.

He is a good coach and a former player. if you can't get one of your top 5 targets, and you are not willing to hire coaches with "issues", then what do you do? He will at least care more about the university than Cal.

I'd rather hire Lutz that just signed with OSU from...WKU. Give him a 3 year deal and THEN go back and talk to Hurley. Screw him, if he turned down $100 million! Lets see what his worth is in 3 years! Odds are strong that Hurley is at his peak value right now!

**** off to volquest. LMAO can't even make a final four trying to talk shit to KY basketball fans.
Neither can Kentucky. Can’t even beat Oakland. You talking about final fours have as much relevance as me talking about football championships. You like to live in the past? I hope not.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Neither can Kentucky. Can’t even beat Oakland. You talking about final fours have as much relevance as me talking about football championships. You like to live in the past? I hope not.
I can't take Tenneesee fans serious. 0 final fours ever. Can't even beat Ryan Cline or Zach Edey.

Reactions: Basil Cat
This is Kentucky. There’s no shame in not landing Hurley. But settling for pope is a disaster. Has he ever even won a tournament game?
How many "NO"s from top candidates will it take to be embarrassed? Go for Donovan first, of course. After that, you look at up and comers. I don't think I could stand being turned down by Pearl. How many tournament games had Hubert Davis won as a head coach?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT