ADVERTISEMENT

Pope now a legit candidate - CBS

If Pope is hired, this fan base will run him out of town before he even gets started. He would be in over his head from the get go and the measuring stick would be Duke, UNC and Arkansas. And nothing less.
doubt he’d be over his head. he’s 7 foot tall, a rhodes scholar who knows basketball.

Reactions: bubba_bomb
But we can sure beat the piss out of UK. How’s that head to head record recently?
Talks about not living in the past. Vawl fan probably doesn’t know we won the last time we played. We have beaten ut 160 times in basketball!!!! Holy crap, I didn’t realize that. How in the world do you lose 160 times to one team???

I love Mark Pope but he’s not qualified for the UK job yet. This board has gone crazy. We may very well have to settle for a young up and coming coach but Pope is WAY too unproven at this point.

Talks about not living in the past. Vawl fan probably doesn’t know we won the last time we played. We have beaten ut 160 times in basketball!!!! Holy crap, I didn’t realize that. How in the world do you lose 160 times to one team???
Comparison is the thief of joy, bud. That’s the problem about what you’re doing. You don’t need to compare Kentucky to Tennessee. You need to be comparing Kentucky to what they USED to be. When you do that, you’ll realize just how bad your program is doing and why you can’t get a big name coach. You’re not a big name anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Comparison is the thief of joy, bud. That’s the problem about what you’re doing. You don’t need to compare Kentucky to Tennessee. You need to be comparing Kentucky to what they USED to be. When you do that, you’ll realize just how bad your program is doing and why you can’t get a big name coach. You’re not a big name anymore.
So because Drew's wife didn't want to leave Texas and becuase Hurley didn't want to leave a place he could 3 peat at, we're not a big name anymore? Volunteer fans wonder why the whole SEC thinks they're morons. You're trash. Your entire fanbase is complete trailer trash.

Is that what you do for Tenn football? What you posted sums up Tenn football.

• Love
Reactions: wildcatwelder
So because Drew's wife didn't want to leave Texas and becuase Hurley didn't want to leave a place he could 3 peat at, we're not a big name anymore? Volunteer fans wonder why the whole SEC thinks they're morons. You're trash. Your entire fanbase is complete trailer trash.
UNC got Roy to leave Kansas……

Let’s not throw trailer park jokes around. Kentucky isn’t exactly Newport Beach, pumpkin.

Big enough still for your wannabe self to be here.

Since I don't really care, please remind us how many titles UT has in basketball and why your opinion matters at all. .

UNC got Roy to leave Kansas……

Let’s not throw trailer park jokes around. Kentucky isn’t exactly Newport Beach, pumpkin.
Roy was an assistant under Dean Smith. I forgot that Volunteer fans only become basketball fans when Kentucky is in the news or coming to town. Wouldn't expect you to know that.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
161 losses to one team! Wow

You ain’t alone buddy.
Pope…I told my buddy when I bet him that Pope was more likely than his top 3. He hates me now. Don’t forget Pope is like Drew in his faith. He’s not a sure thing as BYU is a great spot for a practicing Mormon. How crazy is this. Oh and they won’t play or practice on Sunday I think.

Roy left because UNC carried weight and the brand meant something. Kentucky basketball doesn’t anymore.
Barnes would jump at the job but we didn't want him before and don't want him NOW. As is, present tense. Even Cal beat him and did so regularly. The knock on Barnes is never making it far come tournament time. Hmmmm.

Pope…I told my buddy when I bet him that Pope was more likely than his top 3. He hates me now. Don’t forget Pope is like Drew in his faith. He’s not a sure thing as BYU is a great spot for a practicing Mormon. How crazy is this.
Lol, Pope sucks. So I don't care if it's not a sure thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I don't get this logic. All coaches are risks. Calipari was a risk 15 years ago. He is the least of a risk. You offer him 5 or less mil. With incentives for 4 years. If he is over his head in year two, you move on to the "low" risk coaches..you know.. Beard, Rick, Bruce. You know. The ones with no baggage.
I’m just here relishing in the tears but have to chime in to say…

If you all end up with Pope AND pay him $5M a year that would be the dumbest thing I have seen in the history of the sport.

May just got 3.7M from Michigan
Kelsey - 2.4M at Louisville
Hubert Davis - $2.6M
Tom Izzo makes $6M
Bruce Pearl - $5.16M
Pope probably makes $1.5-1.8M currently. Spending $5M on a guy like that is incomprehensible

See? Is Kentuckys record vs. Tennessee your bar? I’d sure hope not. Your record vs. a team you say is inferior shouldn’t be your metric. The state of Kentucky basketball should be your main concern.
When’s the last time UT made the final 4 we’ll hang up and listen…. Or did Barnes take his name out of consideration for that too….

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
"I love Kentucky. You don’t understand--I love Kentucky. Like, in my soul, I love Coach [Pitino] and I love Kentucky, and I’m trying to get a game with St. John’s so we can beat him. I would love to play Kentucky because I want to beat them. That doesn’t mean I don’t love them; I love them like crazy. I love them in my soul."

- Mark Pope

This would be a marvelous outcome for true blue bleeding KY fans. The h8ters wanting the headline coaches can GTFO with Cal.

See? Is Kentuckys record vs. Tennessee your bar? I’d sure hope not. Your record vs. a team you say is inferior shouldn’t be your metric. The state of Kentucky basketball should be your main concern.
No ut is not my metric in anything. I just realized how many times UK has beaten ut that almost seems unreal. Just proves how inferior you are. I’m not on a ut board. Never have been, but here you are.

What will my concern change? Our AD will hire a coach , he will be successful or he will not. Then we will hire another.

Listening to UT fans for basketball advice makes as much since as turning down $100 million does, to coach absolutely anywhere.

"I love Kentucky. You don’t understand--I love Kentucky. Like, in my soul, I love Coach [Pitino] and I love Kentucky, and I’m trying to get a game with St. John’s so we can beat him. I would love to play Kentucky because I want to beat them. That doesn’t mean I don’t love them; I love them like crazy. I love them in my soul."

- Mark Pope

This would be a marvelous outcome for true blue bleeding KY fans. The h8ters wanting the headline coaches can GTFO with Cal.
No it wouldn't. It would be an absolute embarrassment. There is no way that you can spin hiring Mark Pope makes sense or would classify as a good hire. It's ridiculous.

• Love
Reactions: track42
No ut is not my metric in anything. I just realized how many times UK has beaten ut that almost seems unreal. Just proves how inferior you are. I’m not on a ut board. Never have been, but here you are.

What will my concern change? Our AD will hire a coach , he will be successful or he will not. Then we will hire another.
There’d be nothing for you to talk about with tenneseee fans other than basketball and that’s now gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Basil Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT