POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This pretty much sums everything up. pls close up the thread after this nothing else to be said thnx

AP_obama_castro_er_160328_16x9_992.jpg

giphy.gif

"But we need more money"

56828059_2071064443186215_4229091766218784768_n.jpg
This perfectly illustrates why schools are underfunded. According to the line graph, the actual cost of educating a K-12 student increased 185% between the years of 1970 and 2010. True inflation on the dollar during that time span was around 400% (one dollar in 1970 was worth around five dollars in 2010). School funding rates haven’t even come close to keeping up with true costs school districts face. In addition, the school staffing trend line showing a 90% growth in employees is misleading as it doesn’t account for the fact that the US had a 50% population growth during those same 40 years.

This perfectly illustrates why schools are underfunded. According to the line graph, the actual cost of educating a K-12 student increased 185% between the years of 1970 and 2010. True inflation on the dollar during that time span was around 400% (one dollar in 1970 was worth around five dollars in 2010). School funding rates haven’t even come close to keeping up with true costs school districts face. In addition, the school staffing trend line showing a 90% growth in employees is misleading as it doesn’t account for the fact that the US had a 50% population growth during those same 40 years.
no...per CBS

The United States spent more than $11,000 per elementary student in 2010 and more than $12,000 per high school student. When researchers factored in the cost for programs after high school education such as college or vocational training, the United States spent $15,171 on each young person in the system — more than any other nation covered in the report.

That sum inched past some developed countries and far surpassed others. Switzerland's total spending per student was $14,922 while Mexico averaged $2,993 in 2010. The average OECD nation spent $9,313 per young person.

As a share of its economy, the United States spent more than the average country in the survey. In 2010, the United States spent 7.3 percent of its gross domestic product on education, compared with the 6.3 percent average of other OECD countries. Denmark topped the list on that measure with 8 percent of its gross domestic product going toward education.

Total dumb a$$:

"Cops on Thursday were investigating if hate was the motive in the case of a man arrested Wednesday in connection with several intentionally set fires that burned down three historically black churches in the past two weeks, police said.

Holden Matthews, 21, faces three counts of simple arson of a religious building on the state charges. Federal investigators are looking into whether hate motivated the fires. Matthews is the son of St. Landry Parish Deputy Roy Matthews"

Note
: His Dad turned him in.

Holden-matthews.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/son-of-s...ith-historically-black-church-burnings-report

Reactions: screwduke1
Total dumb a$$:

"Cops on Thursday were investigating if hate was the motive in the case of a man arrested Wednesday in connection with several intentionally set fires that burned down three historically black churches in the past two weeks, police said.

Holden Matthews, 21, faces three counts of simple arson of a religious building on the state charges. Federal investigators are looking into whether hate motivated the fires. Matthews is the son of St. Landry Parish Deputy Roy Matthews"

Note
: His Dad turned him in.

Holden-matthews.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/son-of-s...ith-historically-black-church-burnings-report
Firing squad.

Reactions: homeytheclown
Doesn't the graph state "adjusted for inflation"?

Reactions: BigBlueDave
Whitlock is one of the few in the sports media who isn't a total loon. Hes a pretty decent follow on twitter too.

Fakest person in media. He is just as much of a loon as anyone else and is one of the biggest race baiters out there.

I give Whitlock credit that he saw the entire media going to where he was at (race baiters on every topic) and switched it up so he can be the black dude in sports media that isn't all about race.

This is the same dude that called for black America to boycott all things Kobe Bryant and said Kobe Bryant isn't a true black man. Why did he say these things?

During the Trayvon Martin fiasco where every celebrity was backing Martin without knowing any evidence and LeBron and the heat were taking stupid videos and pictures in "support". Kobe came out and said the worst thing in the world. He was going to wait till the facts and evidence comes out before he makes a judgement. Kobe's full quote.

"I won't react to something just because I'm supposed to, because I'm an African-American," says Bryant in the March 31 issue. "That argument doesn't make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense? Yet you want to talk about how far we've progressed as a society? Well, we've progressed as a society, then don't jump to somebody's defense just because they're African-American. You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won't assert myself."

Whitlock was one of the original race baiters in sports media. Don't be fooled by the act he portrays now. He knows he can carve out a niche as the anti "woke" black guy in sports media. It's all an act.

Reactions: screwduke1

It perfectly illustrates that you had two days to look that over and still got it wrong.

See you on the next fly by.

You would think someone would get in AOC's ear to tell her she's not going to win this battle. Let's see who do you think the general American public will get behind in this argument.

The Navy Seal who lost an eye defending this country after 9/11.

Or the Muslim immigrant who can't go a week without saying something anti-Semitic, asked for leniency for ISIS members and described 9/11 as some people just did something.

I know Ohmar is one of your pals AOC, but to gotta pick smarter battles haha.

You would think someone would get in AOC's ear to tell her she's not going to win this battle. Let's see who do you think the general American public will get behind in this argument.

The Navy Seal who lost an eye defending this country after 9/11.

Or the Muslim immigrant who can't go a week without saying something anti-Semitic, asked for leniency for ISIS members and described 9/11 as some people just did something.

I know Ohmar is one of your pals AOC, but to gotta pick smarter battles haha.

Oh, and if she's going about the business of decrying people for taking comments out of context, then wheres her defense of Candace Owens?

"It’s a pity that more Democrats do not see it that way. Many howled in protest at Barr’s comment about spying. As Representative Adam Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, put it: “This type of partisan talking point may please Donald Trump, who rails against a ‘deep state coup,’ but it also strikes another destructive blow to our democratic institutions.”"

So Schiff thinks Barr believing & saying there was spying on Trump is a bigger destructive blow to "our democratic institutions" than the phony spying itself by these so-called democratic institutions. One sick SOB.

Just how is the FBI a democratic institution? No one elects its members.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...cur-but-barr-should-also-focus-on-the-leaking

The graph reports to be in constant 2013 dollars...so all the inflation is factored in if I am reading correctly.

That said, when comparing 1970 to today is an apples and oranges comparison. Special Ed students weren't in public schools in 1970. Many special ed kids require their own personal aide in addition to the classroom teacher...transportation costs are much higher today and we transport a much larger % of the kids. The schools I attended didn't provide buses when I was there...now they bus everyone. Before school/after school care programs, free and reduced lunch and security costs. Nearly every school today has one or more SRO officers that didn't exist in 1970. None of those line items are helping with the average student learning but add to the overall cost.
Half of the increased cost it says are employees. It's no secret that health insurance cost have skyrocketed with in now being as much as 20-25% of the total compensation package. Add the special ed related folks...

I would seriously question the measurement of math, science and reading scores over that period. I would like to see the methodology used to measure as there is no control group against which to measure. Even college entrance exams change over time and are designed for the results to fit into a standard bell curve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT