POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd rather be right than well-adjusted any day. Society is stupid. Why would any intelligent person want to conform to that? You're intentionally choosing to limit yourself. To summarize with pop culture:

"No, you're not wrong. You're not wrong, Walter, you're just an asshole!" "Ok then."

"I don't wanna waste my time, become another casualty of society. I'll never fall in line, become another victim of your conformity. OR BACK DOWN"

This is my favorite Dion post of all time.

I can only imagine the type of Dad (or mom) your kids are getting after you sign off the forums after arguing non stop for 15 hours. I'd be absolutely floored if you had a healthy relationship with family, or anyone really. Good luck.
Dion is a confirmed bachelor 😉. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

That sounds bigoted AF. Who are you casting that stereotype upon? What group of people or culture are you aligning him with?
I was part of that conversation and I think we were all just razzing each other. It didn't sound like mean name calling to me. Maybe I have a tin ear for that kind of thing. The issue was was water fluoridation which isn't exactly the most modern of complaints. A long history of people razzing each other. (Think Dr. Strangelove back in the early 60s.)

What are we talking about here? You're equating your typing like that to my making fun of rednecks? So which group were you imitating like I make fun of rednecks?
So you can make fun of rednecks ad nauseum and it's OK, even call someone that based on something they type or how you perceive them based on what they type, and that's not bigoted? But if you perceive I'm projecting a specific persons dialect in something I type, I'm bigoted AF? What am I doing? Culturally appropriating someone? Is that what you think? LOL. This debate is getting stupid.

Not that this proposal deserves any legitimate consideration, but just for the sake of the debate, how exactly are we defining “first generation home buyer?” This seems to be a catchy phrase to sell to the masses that is ultimately pretty flimsy in substance.
There are long lasting, generation-spanning effects of poverty. Just recently there was a study looking at the relative wealth of members of Congress: those whose family once owned slaves and those who didn't. I don't know how old you are but my 2nd great grandparents were in the same generation as the Civil War. 4 generations back. So, a program looking to help break that cycle is bad in your opinion. Everything has to make things perfect for everybody everywhere or it's no good. Is that it?

I was part of that conversation and I think we were all just razzing each other. It didn't sound like mean name calling to me. Maybe I have a tin ear for that kind of thing. The issue was was water fluoridation which isn't exactly the most modern of complaints. A long history of people razzing each other. (Think Dr. Strangelove back in the early 60s.)
It's selective outrage because I'm the thread enemy. It's not serious. Almost everyone I know is a redneck. I definitely qualify under almost anyone's definition. I make fun of the South because I want us to do better. Same as the rest of America. Mt Dew is tasty and you're lying to yourself if you say it's not lol.

I'm glad you like it. Good movie and band. I link a lot of George Carlin too, I'm sure you're a fan. Doesn't hold a candle to great wits like Bill Cosby, of course. He killed it in those Jello commercials.

I look forward to quotes explaining your worldview from other great philosophers like Avril Lavigne and Yellowcard.

Cracks me up that Dion quoted a teenage punk bad to summarize his views. It’s perfect.

So you can make fun of rednecks ad nauseum and it's OK, even call someone that based on something they type or how you perceive them based on what they type, and that's not bigoted? But if you perceive I'm projecting a specific persons dialect in something I type, I'm bigoted AF? What am I doing? Culturally appropriating someone? Is that what you think? LOL. This debate is getting stupid.
All I've done this whole time is ask why you typed like that. You were trying to convey something. What was it? You won't say.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Since the filibuster isn't a constitutional issue, I don't understand the argument.

It's been several years ago, now since I read it, so the exact number probably has changed, but at the time, an article pointed out that with the filibuster 11% of the country could veto change.

I keep asking for a unicameral legislature based on population + a direct election of the president. If the people want you to wield power, you wield power. If you screwed up, you'd get tossed. Easy-peasy. Every X years we'd see which politician was "far left" or "far right". Who could ask for anything more?
I didn’t mention anything about the filibuster. I just found it amusing that our resident commie would bring up what our founding fathers would do to someone who supports it (slap upside the head), while disregarding what they would do to someone with his worldview. It’s just amusingly stupid.

You said you never mentioned her, and I proved you wrong. Have a good day sir.

I can’t tell if some of you try to act obtuse or you just legitimately have no idea what you’re talking about.

If you actually followed this conversation, you’d see it was alleged that I am a Kamala Harris supporter and that I give her my loyalty in the same way MAGA pundits defend Donald Trump.

You literally quoted posts where I said I am not a Harris supporter. You won the debate for me. Thank you.

“…but dar harr you typed ‘Kamala Harris’!”

• Haha
Reactions: ukalum1988
I look forward to quotes explaining your worldview from other great philosophers like Avril Lavigne and Yellowcard.

Cracks me up that Dion quoted a teenage punk bad to summarize his views. It’s perfect.
I'm sorry you don't connect with pop culture. You probably have to possess some underlying humanity in order to identify with human culture.

• Haha
Reactions: sambowieshin

Here is maher admitting hes voting Kamala no matter what but its concerning she wont take questions. Tarantino agrees except saying sge shouldn't take questions because it hurts her chances to win.

I know at times maher comes across as moderate and actually is one but that is never how hes going to vote. Tons of jews and elites will be in the same boat. They know shes terrible and awful but will vote dem regardless.

Geez. How does a man get that cool? I can barely say “fvck” when I slam my toe into the end table. He cannot speak without the word. Total coolness.

This is the narrative the Dims believe. Kamala JUST started. The past four years has nothing to do with her. Talking makes it worse not better. Some reporter is going to remind the world that the shatshow over the past four years is her team. Someone will remind voters that she lied about Biden. Someone will remind voters that she was given the keys to the border and she gave them away. Someone will remind voters that she is a figure head who has not been able to grasp the complex issues over the past 4 years. Someone will remind the voters that the Dems hated Kamala the Kop before they pretended to love her. Someone will put on display the fact that she won’t be leading, but will only be a puppet.

I'm against doing a debate simply because it's a road game with the DNC where she will have the questions and the mods will serve as the set up man so she can get some "SLAY QUEEN- I'M SPEAKING" moment.

If this was without DNC mods then I'd be for a debate but it won't be.

I didn’t mention anything about the filibuster. I just found it amusing that our resident commie would bring up what our founding fathers would do to someone who supports it (slap upside the head), while disregarding what they would do to someone with his worldview. It’s just amusingly stupid.
Sorry for the confusion.

BTW, posters keep using the term "Commie". Who here believes in the state owning the means of production? I think Cuba is the only commie country anymore. Even China has private property. Complaining about communism is like complaining about your radio reception.

LOL, coming from someone who routinely mocks "hillbillies and rednecks" and peoples intelligence levels based on how they write on here.

I'm imitating nobody and everyone of the morons who spout that at the same time. It's no individual in particular. Just written to purposely sound like something a doofus NPC sheep would say.
Dion making fun, of anyone, for any reason, might be the most ironic thing ever

I'm against doing a debate simply because it's a road game with the DNC where she will have the questions and the mods will serve as the set up man so she can get some "SLAY QUEEN- I'M SPEAKING" moment.

If this was without DNC mods then I'd be for a debate but it won't be.
Trump should create a fake opponent, Clitoris Harrass, and do a debate with her.

i can’t resist looking at this idiot’s comments

“Doesn’t matter to me, I’d rather have it probably on."

Reactions: SDC888
i can’t resist looking at this idiot’s comments

“Doesn’t matter to me, I’d rather have it probably on."

So is that Olberman's Schtick now. Just calling anything and everything or anyone remotely stating a remotely pro-Trump opinion is a POS? "You're a POS, they're a POS, he's a POS, She's a POS, everything Trump is a POS, Think My way or you're a POS too."

Reactions: blubo
I'd like to recommend simply flossing. I got 32 teeth and it takes a little over a minute to floss. Around 30 years ago, my dentist told me, "Simply floss the teeth you want to keep.:"

Since every one of my siblings and ancestors and collaterals sported false ones and I've got all of mine, my own little bit of research into flossing says, "Go for it."

Yeah I do that too of course lol

I'm sorry you don't connect with pop culture. You probably have to possess some underlying humanity in order to identify with human culture.

I am completely out of touch if Sum 41 is pop culture.

I think I had their album 25 years ago. When I was a kid. Which is why it’s so amusing they are your anthem for life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT