• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
b3e94ccd3781f4e5.png

Fnr-l_WX0AAH29J

Back in 2013, NPR wrote a story about how Bill Gates was investing in “egg alternatives.”

The egg of the future may not involve a chicken at all. In fact, in the high-tech food lab at Hampton Creek Foods in San Francisco, the chicken-less egg substitute has already been hatched.
“We’re trying to take the animal totally out of the equation,” Josh Tetrick, founder and CEO of Hampton Creek Foods, told me.
Hampton Creek’s egg substitute product is called Beyond Eggs. It’s made from bits of ground-up peas, sorghum and a few other ingredients, and it’s attracting the attention of high-tech investors including Bill Gates.
If you listen to my story on All Things Considered, you’ll hear that it’s pretty hard to distinguish between cookies made with Beyond Eggs and those made traditionally with real eggs. The company has also developed an eggless mayonnaise and salad dressing using its egg substitute.
And why does this matter? Well, investors like Gates are betting that our planet can’t sustain the current rate of growth in animal-based foods for too much longer.
In 2000, the global demand for eggs was about 14 million tons, according to the U.N.’s Food and Agriculture Organization. By 2030, that’s expected to climb to 38 million tons.

Yes, you are obsessed. Yes, it is annoying having to constantly respond to your pivots to DJT.

My reference to Hitler is to point out that just because the exclusive club you lead still loves you doesn’t mean you’re popular with the populace.

I said the GOPe is out of touch. Which is 100% accurate. When MM is up there saying support for Ukraine is the most important issue to Republican voters he’s just rubbing shit in your face and telling you it’s pudding. And yeah, the House GOP woefully underperformed so I think it’s safe to say the leaders of the party are out of touch. Not as much as McConnell though.

Nice insult there at the end. Guess I hit a nerve insulting your chosen one.
You never have to respond, DA. That's on you.

Still no idea about the Hitler reference & I'm not here for popularity, DA. That idea is on you also.

No idea what subset of GOP e is. Still GOP. Since I support Ukraine, MM not rubbing anything on me. Of course the cult can't post about Ukraine on the War thread. Too little backup support there.

GOP just now gets House majority & they're underperforming. You don't define performing, but House GOP under that. LOL, DA - again. That's crazy sh!t.

Not intended as a insult. Sorry. Just a guess based on your ranting over & over. What do you attribute your ranting to then?

I see that a bunch of your cult members are out in support of you. LOL at that too.

Math what? It's the same number of voters available for Gov & Senators. Yet Dims win Gov & not Senate. The same leftwingers that vote Dim for Gov in LV & LEX and apparently carry the statewide vote, vote Pub for Senate. How is that? Please explain.

Last edited:
So just over a year 600,000 chickens have died. Yep this is a typical occurrence🤦‍♂️

Its hilarious you bring that up all the time and it does nothing for your point. Most Republican politicians are absolute garbage.
Yet you have no counter. Yes, it makes my point that he's preferred by garbage Senate Pubs - strongly.

So if most Pub politicians are garbage, which party do you support?

it is never as simple as cut spending. You have over a trillion dollars to make up just to break even. To tackle debt you have to have a surplus so you can pay down. right now that would mean like a 2 trillion cut to spending. That would be millions of jobs lost, states going bankrupt, seniors going bankrupt, and a massive stock market crash. Austerity can be much much worse than the debt your are trying to fight, ask Europe. A much healthier solution is freezing spending, growing the economy, increasing the revenue base, and gradually applying that to debt. But that takes 20 years of forward thinking and planning, something republicans are 1000% incapable of doing. A few Dems talk about doing stuff like that but i doubt any follow through.

This would have never happened in this country 10-15 years ago (or less)...especially in the Bible Belt DEEP SOUTH.

I think the Major should investigate to see if religion is a protected class and if the Department’s actions indicate it may not be able to be impartial as it deals with people who have religious beliefs that differ from the Major’s or that promoted by the Department. His own rationale places him, the Major, at risk of losing his job, if applied consistently.

Never got the Covid vaccine, never even thought about getting it. Hell I've never even got a flu shot in my life.
I unfortunately got the covid vax and I wish I didnt. I just hope for no serious side effects. I did have some minor side effects shortly after I got the vax but that's been it so far. Really wish there was a way to stick a needle in my arm that would suck the vax out. Oh well.

Wouldn't surprise me if she is running (knowing she will lose) but get a spot in Trumps WH assuming he won.

She was a pretty good UN ambassador...but I dont want her near the WH.
She's running to boost Desantis that is all. Ron can't debate so she's going to be his attack dog and likely VP if he got the nomination. Won't work.

• Haha
Reactions: vhcat70
Wonder if Lindsey is on the Trump Train so early in order to offset Haley. One...maybe he cares nothing for her, or two....he wants to be top dog Repub in the state?

I unfortunately got the covid vax and I wish I didnt. I just hope for no serious side effects. I did have some minor side effects shortly after I got the vax but that's been it so far. Really wish there was a way to stick a needle in my arm that would suck the vax out. Oh well.

My sister-in-law works in physical therapy...she had to get the shot because they are around so many patients, many of them older patients.

One of my nieces is in high school, what I really feel sad about is my sister-in-law told me that a year or two ago when the Covid madness was way worse than now, the high school gave the students a choice...if you get the vaccine you don't have to wear a mask all day, if you don't get it you do have to wear a mask all day. My niece hated the mask, as any normal person would, and got the shot.

Makes me mad cause all the real science says Covid is less harmful to kids and teens than the common flu. Hell I think at least 2 European countries saw more heart inflammation cases in teens then they had ever seen and quickly and honestly said the vaccine was of greater danger to them than Covid itself. We had no such honesty from our 'leading' medical people.

I'm glad I never got the shot but I guarantee you when I was in high school, if I was given the choice my niece was given...get the shot or wear a dumbass mask for 7 hours or so...I would have got the shot.

The SBA has a program targeted at immagrants to help them start their own or acquire existing businesses. Low interest and they can pass it to family members down the road. This is why you see so many Indian owned shops around.
Please tell us more because I'm unfamiliar with any SBA program for "immigrants". The main reason why Indians and east Asians own businesses is because they are hard working and entrepreneurial in nature. My FIL is from Korea and came here with nothing in the 70's. He ended up owning and running an Exxon station and several laundromats.

Unfortunately, most Americans are more used to working for someone else or getting government assistance than they are with the idea of starting their own business.

Reactions: berniecarbo
Please tell us more because I'm unfamiliar with any SBA program for "immigrants". The main reason why Indians and east Asians own businesses is because they are hard working and entrepreneurial in nature. My FIL is from Korea and came here with nothing in the 70's. He ended up owning and running an Exxon station and several laundromats.

Unfortunately, most Americans are more used to working for someone else or getting government assistance than they are with the idea of starting their own business.
Here ya go 🍺

Here's a link to a relatively new ETF: ACVF

The American Conservative Values ETF (ACVF) is based on the conviction that politically active companies negatively impact their shareholder returns, as well as support issues and causes that conflict with conservative political ideals, beliefs and values.

The interesting part is the companies they exclude:

It’s called buyers remorse. I work with 4 guys which all got the shot after holding out. Three of the four wish they had not gotten it. All three are over 40 and have not had any problems. The one that doesn’t regret it is 29. The last three months he has developed several medical problems. Called in again today. Went to HR department and got FMLA. Last week.

Thank God the Supreme Court shot down Brandon on forcing employers to make their workers get the jab. Me and my wife would have walked away from our employer which both of us have over 30 years of service.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT