POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, the claim is, and has always been, that there is little or no evidence of in person voter fraud, which is what voter ID laws are nominally passed to combat. Voting fraud in other forms is different in how it happens, and how to stop.
Spin, argue semantics, whatever. Still doesn't change the facts.

And don't get me started on voter ID. Do Democrats really think that low of minorities? Do you people honestly believe they're too incompetent to get an ID?

How do you think they cash their welfare checks? Use their ebt cards?

Stop playing dumb. The only reason you people thinks it's a problem is because it would put an end to another form of Democrat voter fraud.

It's bigger than the main stream media. Those new anchors are just paid actors used to sell propaganda. Remember Baghdad Bob? You have to look at the companies that control those print papers and news networks. They have ulterior motives for wanting Clinton in the White House.

Reality Check. Trump has spent almost 3 days on his fat fight. Right in the middle of his campaign for president. The msm didn't make him do that. Nobody in the msm put a gun to his head and said, "OK. You need to relax. Just let your narcissism rule for several days here. You need to just ditch any semblance of discipline and proportion and just be the petty guy you are."

He's even older than HRC, folks. He isn't going to change. Well, he isn't going to improve. As dementia gripped a relative of mine, she took to simply slugging the people she didn't like.

A friend of his ... a friend! ... said that there is no better Trump in private. The bullying, petty, good-judgment free Trump of his public appearances is who he is in private.

You want to believe all the innuendo about HRC, but you don't believe your own eyes about Trump. Heave help us all.

Reactions: jameslee32
No, the claim is, and has always been, that there is little or no evidence of in person voter fraud, which is what voter ID laws are nominally passed to combat. Voting fraud in other forms is different in how it happens, and how to stop.
And one other thing, how would voter ID not help combat dead people from voting? You do realize that it's not always done by absentee ballots, correct?

If not always done by absentee ballot, then how is that not considered in person? And, if those people were required to show an ID, then guess what? They couldn't vote using a dead person's name. Brilliant, I know.

This isn't complicated. It's actually appalling that people believe ID should be required for the most tedious, unimportant shit imaginable, but in order to make the most important decision regarding our country's leadership, the attitude is "meh". Get a grip.

And don't get me started on voter ID. Do Democrats really think that low of minorities? Do you people honestly believe they're too incompetent to get an ID?

How do you think they cash their welfare checks? Use their ebt cards?

Stop playing dumb. The only reason you people thinks it's a problem is because it would put an end to another form of Democrat voter fraud.

Illegally finagling voter rolls gave Bush Florida in 2000.
Voter fraud -- 2 convictions -- gave Bush Ohio in 2004.

You can't find 100 cases -- people have looked, desperately looked -- of voting with a false id.

You can't find 100 cases -- people have looked, desperately looked -- of voting with a false id.
Sure thing. What's it like being so naive? Just because it hasn't been uncovered in mass doesn't means it's not happening. If it wasn't happening, we wouldn't see evidence of it during every single election. So kindly, **** off, you bore me.

Better yet, you know what? You're right. Illegals are no longer Illegally voting in our election because the Democrats have realized we are on to them.

Now the Democrats have changed tactics & instead just hand out citizenships like the FBI hands out immunity.

Go back and look at the polling in 92. Bush was stomping Clinton. The war had been successful. Clinton appeared ludicrous -- the didn't inhale and Gennifer Flowers scandals had bloomed. Then, something happened and the country turned against Bush. I can't remember exactly but I believe there had been a short recession. Maybe Dana Carvey's impression -- though affectionate -- made Bush an object of ridicule. Who knows? Bush and Clinton swapped places in the polls and Bush never recovered.

I can't imagine a 2nd term for HRC or even her running again. Very few national leaders at an advanced age. People point to David Ben Gurion and Eamon de Valera, but their offices late in life were largely ceremonial and their respective countries were smaller than Philadelphia.

What happened was Perot dropped out, he was polling well at the time. When he got back in the dems that had supported him prior went to Clinton, the Reps that supported him went back to him. I was one of those.

The movement with Trump is an extension of Perot, only it's grown. They saw that everything Perot said in 92, and then in 93 with the argument about NAFTA was true, only the Politicians wouldn't listen, and they still aren't. Only now the citizens can see first hand it's consequences.

This election isn't about women,minorities, or terror, it's about jobs and the economy. Thats why Hillary is trying with all her might to make it about things that really don't mean squat. She can't win on the economy or any other relevant matter.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Edited to include BigSexyCat's title and OP (thread merge): Wow Democratic Federal Election Commission Moves to Ban Fox News

Your title and blurb are a bit... alarming and misleading. Let's explore how:
  1. It is not the "Democratic Federal Election Commission," but it was one Democrat appointee on the 6 member commission, which has three Ds and three Rs.
Hmm maybe i should have worded that a little better but nonetheless it is Democrats on the commission that are trying to get this passed.

1. The Commissioner in question, Ellen Weintraub, submitted a series of questions for the panel to consider, and did not submit any actual proposed rules.
AKA she was laying the groundwork for future policy's. Hence the title of the article. You have to open the door before you can go in.
  1. The issue of foreign government ownership (which you equated to "ban Fox News") was proposed as whether there should be "any limits . . . on spending in U.S. elections by corporations with 5% foreign ownership? 20% foreign ownership? More than 50% foreign ownership?"
Let's be quite honest that's the end result they were looking for. It's called a means to an end.
  1. Given the political makeup of the FEC (which is deliberately deadlocked 3-3), anything that directly or indirectly burdens (conservative, liberal) media will be impossible to pass.
You fail to mention that the commissioners are appointed by the President ever 6 years with the exception of two seats which are appointed ever two years.
  1. Even if the FEC proposed rules to answer any of the 11 questions proposed, they would have to pass the notice and comment period.
AND?
  1. Even if, somehow, the politically gridlocked FEC managed to pass some rule about foreign ownership and elections, it is not clear what impact, if any, that would have on media coverage and endorsements, especially given the First Amendment's robust protection for the press.
it's also not clear what impact an asteroid would have hitting the earth but we have a general idea.
  1. You declined to mention that, even if something was proposed and somehow passed, it would affect any corporation with certain threshold percentage foreign ownership, including such conservative outlets as the New York Times.
Sacrificing a dying print paper would be a small price to pay for killing the biggest conservative voice in America.
  1. Instead of linking to an alarmist summary of an alarmist newspaper columns, you could click on two whole hyperlinks and read and submit the source material.
It's alarmist and it should be alarmist given it's impact it would have. Whoever controls the media controls peoples minds.
So, in sum, if the FEC actually proposes rules that would limit participation in US elections by corporations with as yet undefined foreign ownership threshold, and if those rules pass the bi-partisan commission (which requires at least one R vote), and if those rules pass notice and comment, and if Fox News meets the threshold ownership requirements by way of its parent corporation's ownership, and if those rules stand up in the face of the First Amendment and over 200 years of freedom of the press, then and only then would Fox News (and other media outlets, on the basis of foreign ownership percentage and not ideology) perhaps be restricted in US election activities.

The EPA had to go through smaller hurdles than that to help in the decimation of the coal industry. You used lots of words but little thought. Try harder next time.

Interesting conversation just a few minutes ago....local friend is a Kurdish gentleman who immigrated to the US in 1993 after living in a Turkish refugee camp for 4 years with his family. Moved from Northern Iraq to Turkey to escape Saddam's chemical weapons and bombings. Fantastic guy, works his ass off to support his family and still travels to Northern Iraq to see family and friends about once a year.

He said--without me asking, paraphrased: the mass migration of people now coming into the US from the Middle East is a huge mistake. People here have no idea how different they are and what they'll do. Here--they teach science, math, history etc. in schools. There--they teach killing and hatred---it's what they are taught and what they know. It won't end well and Europe is now coming to grips with this fact. He wants it to stop and said the media here is one sided and doesn't understand what they are dealing with. The shootings we see now are only the start---it will increase because that's all they know.

I was very surprised at his position and his candor. But that's why I've always enjoyed and appreciated his conversations---because I learn something every time.

Reality Check. Trump has spent almost 3 days on his fat fight. Right in the middle of his campaign for president. The msm didn't make him do that. Nobody in the msm put a gun to his head and said, "OK. You need to relax. Just let your narcissism rule for several days here. You need to just ditch any semblance of discipline and proportion and just be the petty guy you are."

He's even older than HRC, folks. He isn't going to change. Well, he isn't going to improve. As dementia gripped a relative of mine, she took to simply slugging the people she didn't like.

A friend of his ... a friend! ... said that there is no better Trump in private. The bullying, petty, good-judgment free Trump of his public appearances is who he is in private.

You want to believe all the innuendo about HRC, but you don't believe your own eyes about Trump. Heave help us all.

Trump is a piece of sh*t but so is Hillary. His pile of sh*t smells better than her pile of sh*t. I don't think anybody has any delusions when it comes to either candidate.

You're (purposefully?) over-looking something obvious. Both Trump and Johnson are appalling. (So is Stein, but she isn't going to get anything like a chunk of votes.) Not just inept or unsuitable. Appallingly inept and unsuitable. The main steam media aren't a monolith, and many of the papers who are endorsing Clinton have an unbroken record of supporting Republicans. Most of the GOP papers are far more conservative than you guys, but they aren't ijuts. (Sorry. Someone has to tell you.) Maybe some of them know something about Trump's medical condition and suspect dementia. Something has to account for that lack of self-control, those 4th grade level sentences, sentence fragments, and nonsense phrases. He speaks more incoherently than Sarah Palin.

I read a take-down of Trump yesterday by George Will. George Will! A bigger toad you'd never want to meet. And Will pointed out the obvious: Trump's positions don't make sense. They are even contradictory. (Even if it were possible to coax 25,000,000 jobs out the economy, it would take around 10,000,000 immigrants to fill them!) But the 4% growth and 25,000,000 jobs are what I call 6 minute ab promises. (After the deranged killer in Something About Mary). They're just bigger, better, brighter promises than the next guy. They aren't grounded in anything. That the main stream media see Trump as a con and a threat really isn't a conspiracy. Use your all's formidable imagination to construct a realistic picture of a Trump presidency. There would be all manner of "stigginit" but you guys won't like the targets.
I admittedly did not read very far past The appalling comment. I can understand thinking Trump and Johnson are appalling

But if you do not think Hillary Clinton is both appalling and despicable for her willful mishandling of classified information you are either a paid troll or clueless.

I cannot think of another time on here that I called someone out directly. But as my grandmother used to say.... you are a real piece of work.

Sure thing. What's it like being so naive? Just because it hasn't been uncovered in mass doesn't means it's not happening. If it wasn't happening, we wouldn't see evidence of it during every single election. So kindly, **** off, you bore me.

Two of the biggest elections in our history were finagled and stolen by Republicans.. Their rants about voter id is pure misdirection. Even the famous Kennedy/Nixon election in Illinois never yielded anything except a perennial excuse. So, sorry about boring you.

Words have meaning; pretending otherwise is disingenuous. In person voter fraud is about 1) showing up to vote, 2) claiming to be person X, but really being person Y, and 3) casting a vote as person X. Here we have a campus organization registering 19 dead people to vote. Whatever the reason (investigation is ongoing), even if you assume the worst (registered nefariously) there still has not been in person voter fraud because steps 1, 2, and 3 have not happened. In fact, it could have even been something innocent, like when Florida in 2000 unregistered significant numbers (thousands, IIRC) of people that had names similar to felons, and those people were actually unable to vote. Was that fraud? Not necessarily - it could easily have been a mistake, or within the acceptable range of outcomes for doing something on a large scale.

That's not to say in person voter fraud is impossible or not occurring, but only that there is scant evidence of it happening despite many states (at least Texas, Indiana, and Wisconsin) combing for instances of it. The problem with voter ID laws is things like North Carolina, where there was pretty solid evidence that changes to voting were designed to disenfranchise minority and Democratic voters (including other measures). We have a charged racial history, and when stuff like that comes out, people become skeptical of any attempts. Like most good things in life, a few assholes ruin it for everyone. Frankly, in 30 years we'll probably have near universal voter ID laws, and there's a good chance that affirmative action is gone as well. And those are good things.

How about enacting voter ID along with measures expanding the number of voting centers in poor communities instead of restricting them? Or increasing early voting? Why are voter ID laws often accompanied by other measures that will have the net effect of restricting voting access? I would love voter ID laws in conjunction with making election day a federal holiday (get rid of Columbus Day, what a crock), and making it easier for all legitimate citizens to vote. Don't package a good idea (voter ID), with shitty ones.

Reactions: -LEK-
I admittedly did not read very far past The appalling comment. I can understand thinking Trump and Johnson are appalling

But if you do not think Hillary Clinton is both appalling and despicable for her willful mishandling of classified information you are either a paid troll or clueless.

I cannot think of another time on here that I called someone out directly. But as my grandmother used to say.... you are a real piece of work.

Tell it to FBI Director Comey who reiterated this week that his decision about Clinton wasn't even close. As my grandmother used to say, "Excuse me for living."

Trump shouldn't be engaging Miss Piggy in this absurd war of words. Yes, she is being a whiney brat but he has much bigger fish to fry and it just makes him look thin skinned and is distracting him from more important things. If he feels the need to respond to every negative thing said about him he won't get anything accomplished. It's precisely what they want him to do. He needs to understand that he is playing right into their hands by making a big deal of it. Ignore her and the damage to his image is minimized and she eventually shuts her trap. He's just keeping her in the spotlight and giving her a platform that she shouldn't have.

Last edited:
Trump is a piece of sh*t but so is Hillary. His pile of sh*t smells better than her pile of sh*t. I don't think anybody has any delusions when it comes to either candidate.

Well, to be accurate, the smell is alleged when it comes to HRC. Trump's is all in public. And Trump backs AGW denialism, the biggest issue of our day. The choice, if you believe in evidence, isn't difficult.

meh, maybe war of words with a former Ms Universe/murder accomplice/port participant ends the ludicrous media narrative that Trump got trounced on Mon night

Trump shouldn't be engaging Miss Piggy in this absurd war of words. Yes, she is being a whiney brat but he has much bigger fish to fry and it just makes him look petty and is distracting him from more important things. If he feels the need to respond to every negative thing said about him he won't get any thing accomplished. It's precisely what they want him to do. He needs to understand that he is playing right into their hands by making a big deal of it.

It doesn't make him "look" petty. He is petty. He's running for the most powerful office in the world.

Tell it to FBI Director Comey who reiterated this week that his decision about Clinton wasn't even close. As my grandmother used to say, "Excuse me for living."
I did not saying anything about prosecuting her for emails. I said she willfully mishandled classified information. Here are a couple of interesting articles and excerpts for you:
From that bastion of Right Wing Conspiracies

http://www.nytimes.com/live/james-c...ide-access-to-classified-documents-to-others/

...“Did Hillary Clinton give non-cleared people access to classified information?” Mr. Chaffetz asked.

...“Yes,” Mr. Comey responded...

From the SF 312 that Hillary Clinton signed herself. Just an excerpt because this is pertinent to my statement and all I need to make the point.

3. I have been advised that the unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized retention, or negligent handling of classified information by me could cause damage or irreparable injury to the United States or could be used to advantage by a foreign nation. I hereby agree that I will never divulge classified information to anyone unless: (a) I have officially verified that the recipient has been properly authorized by the United States Government to receive it; or (b) I have been given prior written notice of authorization from the United States Government Department or Agency (hereinafter Department or Agency) responsible for the classification of information or last granting me a security clearance that such disclosure is permitted. I understand that if I am uncertain about the classification status of information, I am required to confirm from an authorized official that the information is unclassified before I may disclose it, except to a person as provided in (a) or (b), above. I further understand that I am obligated to comply with laws and regulations that prohibit the unauthorized disclosure of classified information.

Here to make it even easier:

...I hereby agree that I will never divulge classified information to anyone unless: (a) I have officially verified that the recipient has been properly authorized by the United States Government to receive it...

...I understand that if I am uncertain about the classification status of information, I am required to confirm from an authorized official that the information is unclassified before I may disclose it, except to a person as provided in (a) or (b), above..

Here is another interesting read:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ail-discussed-cia-human-asset-in-afghanistan/

One of the latest Hillary Clinton emails to be revealed by the State Department included discussion of an Afghan national on the CIA’s payroll – an exchange “presumed to cause damage to the national security” under President Obama’s executive orders.

But according to Director Comey..... prosecuting would be a "tall order". That is not for me to decide.

I will anxiously await your witty comeback picture They always makes us see the error of our arguments.

meh, maybe war of words with a former Ms Universe/murder accomplice/port participant ends the ludicrous media narrative that Trump got trounced on Mon night

_72340161_020656987-1.jpg

Well, to be accurate, the smell is alleged when it comes to HRC. Trump's is all in public. And Trump backs AGW denialism, the biggest issue of our day. The choice, if you believe in evidence, isn't difficult.
It is the biggest issue only to democrats. The most pressing issues are the economy and ISIS.

AGW isn't the biggest choice of the day, not even close.

Wrong again. At the bottom of the list even when you lump global warming in with all other environmental issues.

4_1.png

Words have meaning; pretending otherwise is disingenuous. In person voter fraud is about 1) showing up to vote, 2) claiming to be person X, but really being person Y, and 3) casting a vote as person X. Here we have a campus organization registering 19 dead people to vote. Whatever the reason (investigation is ongoing), even if you assume the worst (registered nefariously) there still has not been in person voter fraud because steps 1, 2, and 3 have not happened. In fact, it could have even been something innocent, like when Florida in 2000 unregistered significant numbers (thousands, IIRC) of people that had names similar to felons, and those people were actually unable to vote. Was that fraud? Not necessarily - it could easily have been a mistake, or within the acceptable range of outcomes for doing something on a large scale.

That's not to say in person voter fraud is impossible or not occurring, but only that there is scant evidence of it happening despite many states (at least Texas, Indiana, and Wisconsin) combing for instances of it. The problem with voter ID laws is things like North Carolina, where there was pretty solid evidence that changes to voting were designed to disenfranchise minority and Democratic voters (including other measures). We have a charged racial history, and when stuff like that comes out, people become skeptical of any attempts. Like most good things in life, a few assholes ruin it for everyone. Frankly, in 30 years we'll probably have near universal voter ID laws, and there's a good chance that affirmative action is gone as well. And those are good things.

How about enacting voter ID along with measures expanding the number of voting centers in poor communities instead of restricting them? Or increasing early voting? Why are voter ID laws often accompanied by other measures that will have the net effect of restricting voting access? I would love voter ID laws in conjunction with making election day a federal holiday (get rid of Columbus Day, what a crock), and making it easier for all legitimate citizens to vote. Don't package a good idea (voter ID), with shitty ones.

Yeah, you're right. They registered dead people & requested absentee ballots for said dead people by mistake.

Not to mention, if it was all a misunderstanding, then what the hell do you think they were planning to do with the absentee ballots? Wipe their ass?

Also, Arcan Cetin? ISIS sympathizer, who committed a mass mall shooting, voted Illegally, in person, on three different occasions.

If a teenager from Turkey can so easily game the system & vote Illegally three different times without even a peep, you'd have to be stuck on stupid to think it's an impossible feat that rarely happens.

And bullshit about NC. You can play that sad song somewhere else. Most minorities already own ID & if they don't own one, then tough shit, they're not helpless & can easily obtain one.

Requiring an ID to vote is in no way, no how unconstitutional. Matter of fact, it's easier to argue that not requiring ID is unconstitutional.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Have to go to the deep/dark web for that. It is literally (as a function) the sewer lines of the internet.

Understandable, most of Hillary's supporters, confidants and political icons can only be found there....

Folks we're watching, before our very eyes, the msm coming out of the closet, so to speak, and not even hide their full on attempt to get a candidate elected. It's insane and despicable.

It is worse than state run propaganda. Then Trump calling them out on it just pisses them off even further.

The media is only concerned with their own fraternity, infotainment and buttering their own behinds.

I'm actually starting to think you are beginning to see the real end of American hegemony.

Is Google hiding results for Machado's sex tape? Searching anything alluding to the fact brings up a "Google has found nothing matching those terms" and Google ALWAYS finds something unless you type a bunch of jibberish.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mac...KEwjo3IjC27fPAhXh6oMKHXnUAWEQ_AUIBSgA&dpr=1.5

About 1,310,000 results (0.35 seconds)
Alicia Machado Sex Tape: Here's The Truth About The Adult Video ...
www.inquisitr.com/.../alicia-machado-sex-tape-donald-trump-goes-on-twitter-tirade-a...
7 hours ago - Alicia Machado is the star of a sex tape who duped Hillary Clinton into using her as a political wedge, Donald Trump blasted to followers in an ...
In the news
'This is unhinged': Clinton reacts to Trump's Alicia Machado Twitter attack – campaign live
The Guardian‎ - 2 hours ago
'This is unhinged': Clinton reacts to Trump's Alicia Machado Twitter ..... is not the first time Donald Trump has expressed an interest in sex tapes.
Hillary Says Trump's Claim Alicia Machado Appeared in a Sex Tape is a "Conspiracy Theory" (Hint: It's Not) » Alex ...
Infowars‎ - 2 hours ago
Trump bashes 'disgusting' former beauty queen Alicia Machado, accuses her of having 'sex tape'
Washington Post‎ - 4 hours ago
More news for machado sex tape
Trump: 'Check Out' Miss Universe Alicia Machado's 'Sex Tape' - The ...
www.thedailybeast.com/.../trump-clinton-using-disgusting-miss-unive...
The Daily Beast
8 hours ago - Hillary was set up by a con,” before finally unleashing the personal insults: “Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) ...
Trump: You Should 'Check Out' Alicia Machado's Sex Tape
nymag.com/.../trump-you-should-check-out-alicia-machados-sex...
New York Magazine
5 hours ago - The Clinton campaign has spent a lot of time and ad dollars trying to convince voters that Donald Trump is a misogynist who sees women as ...
Donald Trump Bashes Alicia Machado Again, Alleging a 'Sex Tape ...
www.nytimes.com/2016/10/.../donald-trump-alicia-machado.html
The New York Times
21 mins ago - Fact-checkers have found no evidence that Ms. Machado, who was featured in Playboy, appeared in a sex tape. Her critics may be referring to ...
Alicia Machado Sex Tape Porn Videos | Pornhub.com
www.pornhub.com/video/search?search=alicia+machado+sex+tape
Watch Alicia Machado Sex Tape porn videos for free, here on Pornhub.com. Sort movies by Most Relevant and catch the best full length Alicia Machado Sex ...
Donald Trump tweets about Alicia Machado “sex tape.” - Slate
www.slate.com/.../donald_trump_tweets_about_alicia_machado_sex_tape.html
Slate
5 hours ago - Donald Trump has been letting everybody know that he is not happy about AliciaMachado, the former Miss Universe contestant—cited by ...
Trump Says 'Check Out' Machado's Sex Tape - Political Wire : Political ...
https://politicalwire.com/2016/09/.../trump-says-check-machados-sex-ta...
Political Wire
12 hours ago - Donald Trump went after former Miss Universe Alicia Machado in a string of early-morning tweets, encouraging voters to “check out” an alleged ...
sex tape - Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../trump-falsely-cites-sex-tape-in...
The Washington Post
4 hours ago - Donald Trump disparaged former Miss Universe Alicia Machado's character during an early morning tweet storm Friday and accused her of ...
Donald Trump: 'Check out sex tape and past' of 'disgusting' Alicia ...
www.washingtontimes.com/.../donald-trump-check-out-sex-ta...
The Washington Times
7 hours ago - Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado held a news conference at an ... “Did Crooked Hillary help disgusting (check out sex tape and past) ...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Last edited:
The more The Donald defends the fat Machado accusations, the more he ignores policy, issues and things that might help him in a debate. If this clown can win in this manner with more lies and no details about anything, he won't just be president. You'd be looking at King Donald hanging with guys like Kim Jong-un until Eric Trump can be named king.

Reactions: catfaninsc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT