How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cramer's wake-up call for Donald Trump on NAFTA

"No one talks about the actual benefit that deals like NAFTA bring to American workers, namely cheaper products. Meanwhile, the average Mexican worker only receives about $3 per hour. The country has fewer worker and environmental protections. There is state provided healthcare, and very little absenteeism.

Shareholders want the companies to move to Mexico for an immediate earnings-per-share boost. More important for consumers, Mexico has kept the price of cars down because of its low costs, Cramer said.

"That is a real trade-off and we need to talk about it, rather than pretending it doesn't exist," he said. "

We'll know the scope of his investments. We'll know which are struggling. We;ll know which needed money to shore up. We know American banks have quit doing business with him so we'll know the amount of foreign money that he's beholden to. Contracts don't end when you get elected. He'll have to make decisions that pit his fortune vs the good off the country.

Hope that helps.

That doesn't help at all.

That is honestly one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen posted on this website. It's abundantly clear you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about.

Trump should probably wipe his ass with a piece of paper, call it a tax return and mail it to you, because you wouldn't know the difference.

Reactions: cat_chaser
Interesting bit of spin here from 538. They always lean left, but never quite this much.

Among other things, they claim claim clinton is under valued in polls because it's more likely her voters are hesitant to admit they'll vote for her, as opposed to trump supporters. Clearly, it's the other way around.

So, I read this part:

"Hypothesis No. 5: The polls are underestimating ______ because _______.

This is for wildcards! Wikileaks! Clinton’s better surrogates. An economic recession. What else could matter?"

And my first thought was to try to figure out which poster was calling himself "wildcards" and was sending emails to Nate Silver. Maybe I ought to just put the computer away for a bit.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I think its because people judge the debate differently. In a classic debate settings, where facts are argued, points are giving for using correct information and logical arguments, the outcome is obvious. But a lot of people dont think like that, and probably never have. Good orators win elections. People want to "feel" comfortable with the person they are voting for in an election. They want to know they "can have a beer" or "does this person let me wear a cap backwards." Sure, its part simian behavior, but it also speaks to a great truth, that people like to feel safe. With Bengazhi, the emails, the killings, the health issues, people dont trust or feel safe with HRC. The advantage Trump has, is he has never been in a position to really let a mass populace down (yes, I can list his bad business dealings from not paying taxes to Trump University).

Trump speaks well. He is a master orator. While he may not know the answer, people like his confidence, his power. Even without the presidency, Trump is probably one of the most powerful people in the world. And that does have some weight. Every great leader has been someone who can speak well and inspire. Bush II wasnt the smartest guy, but when he spoke, you were drawn to him. Clinton and Reagan had same thing.

Obviously, you can argue Trump appeals to the masses, he represents a lot of people that feel like they have been shit on by current politics. You know that Trump will go to a fight to win, not back down to Iran/UN/Russia, etc. People are desperate for a hero. Now, Trump is no hero, and in people's darkest needs, they will take him, but its the best option for many.

People wanted to try and like Clinton in this debate. She killed him on facts and points, but Trump came off more human and more likeable. And thats all he needed to win.

Only she didn't kill him on facts, she and Holt got under his skin bringing up personal points as fact when he knew they were false.

Blumenthal is Hillarys close personal confidant, do you honestly he brought up the birthed issue without her consent?

Holt stated it as fact that Trump never said he was against going into Iraq before the war, Trump vehemently claimed he did, and Trump was right, think Holt correct that statement?

Trump owned her the first 30 minutes when talking about the economy, that's the most concerning topic for voters.

She was wrong about stop and frisk in NYC, murder went down drastically, and since it's been stopped the murder rate is rising again.

All she did was sing him a couple times, she didn't have a better handle on the topics.

Reactions: Anthony B
I wonder how many folks continually calling for Trump's tax info carry a flame for a US phone company that hides the majority of its money in off-shore money market accounts for the sole purpose of tax evasion...
How about all of the previous politicians that have not paid their taxes?

Trump was trying to get there, but as I've said before, a repatriation holiday for direct investment in the US would be great.

There are trillions of dollars of cash sitting offshore. Let companies know that money will not be taxed if it's invested in US assets or distributed to shareholders.

Could pull a ton of that money back home.
Duke Energy did. Billions.

Shamed and Angry: Alicia Machado, a Miss Universe Mocked by Donald Trump

“She gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem,” he told Fox News

28MACHADOweb1-master768.jpg
Just horrific!

in California. All media is reporting is the man was unarmed and his family claims his hands were in the air. Any bets on what the real facts are?

Hands really up? Black cop or white cop? Mental illness? Regardless-we need to protest and scream about racist cops until facts are presented.

Would it be okay to jump to the conclusion that you're white and racist?

You have to be very careful how you structure that.

"Now the most detailed analysis of what actually happened — using confidential government data as well as corporate reports — has estimated what happened to the $299 billion companies brought back from foreign subsidiaries. About 92 percent of it went to shareholders, mostly in the form of increased share buybacks and the rest through increased dividends.

There is no evidence that companies that took advantage of the tax break — which enabled them to bring home, or repatriate, overseas profits while paying a tax rate far below the normal rate — used the money as Congress expected.

“Repatriations did not lead to an increase in domestic investment, employment or R.& D., even for the firms that lobbied for the tax holiday stating these intentions,” concluded the study by three economists, including a former official of the Bush administration who took part in the discussions leading to enactment of the plan in 2004."
True for Duke Energy but also helping to pay for the Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
http://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...y-bringing-2-7b-in-overseas-profits-to-u.html

Name one conclusion Ive drawn? The only thing that I've seen this morning is a black unarmed man was shot by police and the family claims he did not have a gun. Again give me a conclusion Ive drawn.

in California. All media is reporting is the man was unarmed and his family claims his hands were in the air. Any bets on what the real facts are?

Hands really up? Black cop or white cop? Mental illness? Regardless-we need to protest and scream about racist cops until facts are presented.

Reactions: -LEK-
So Kerry - by phone call - threatens to cut off communication with Russia over the Syrian conflict.

I have a simple question - what, exactly, are we f*cking doing with this mess? Is our strategy to just get as many of them out so we can relocate them all here?

Some of the stories and pictures coming out should have most dems in tears and most republicans with a war-like hard on. I literally have no clue what our strategy is or which side is on which. Can someone more versed in our foreign policy help? Jamo?

The same thing could be argued against Trump from his 124 distinct policy shifts on 20 major issues, tracking only his stated views since he announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015 (NBCNEWS) to his anti-muslim rhetoric, anti-mexican rhetoric, to his shady business dealing with Russia, his multiple bankruptcies, his issue of not paying income tax, he doesnt know the issues, he gets baited very easily, foundation being investigated, shady business dealings (Trump University, Panama, Housing discrimination), etc. So yes, there are reasons not to like trump. However, I listed above reasons to, hes powerful, inspires, successful, speaks to people.

Clinton, has Bengazhi, emails, shady foundation, killing probably 100s of people (lol), years of insider politics, smells like moth balls, but she is qualified from senator, to secretary of state (which is huge, because a few on here dont understand how big a position that is).

You cant really argue that one candidate is clean, theyre both dirty.
You're right...both have some dirtiness. The difference is that one has been a dirty politician and the other has been a dirty business man who used the laws to get the benefits he received.

What "pendulum"? There's no pendulum. Capital chases profits and usually do that by chasing lower wages. There's no pendulum whereby capitalists favor their own countries. If you erect tariff barriers you subsidize products. All products? For how long. Amazingly enough to keep that from becoming a free-for-all, countries enter into trade agreements.

Pendulum is a figure of speech Moe, and by that I mean we put laws or trade deals on the books, when they start having adverse or unintended effects on the citizens they are either stricken or changed. Thats whats going on right now in this country, as workers are paying the price for these deals. You know why all the fat cats that the DEMS always accuse of being REPS are with Hillary now, because she won't change their money flow.

You say AGW is your main concern, right? How long would those companies last if the Govt didn't put the lockdown on coal plants and regulations that drive up price per MW to even make green energy remotely in the same price range?

Our Govt has shackled the people, it has put in place deals that have hurt the middle class and areas they live and worked, wages haven't gone up, more people on govt help, drug use and crime at historic levels, and no one acts like they have a clue as why, it's ridiculous.

Lek couldnt be more of a hard to person to like.

Ok im gonna list a bunch of "issues", then say its not bashing.

Read this. I. Do. Not. Care. If. You. Say. You. Are. Bashing. Him. Or. Not.

Thats not the point. The point is paying as little tax as possibleis a non "issue" to everyone except political nut huggers. Im sure you and hillary do it. Along with 99% of americans.

Is thst clear enough for you or do you need it laid out differently, again.

If youre going to participate, try to keep up. TIA.

And he's going against an opponent who's the most corrupt candidate in the history of our country by a mile, has never had her Little fingers in any business of any kind and also turned the debate into a promotion for her book.

And your apparently you're to vote for that. Cool.
You haven't read many of my posts

Pendulum is a figure of speech Moe, and by that I mean we put laws or trade deals on the books, when they start having adverse or unintended effects on the citizens they are either stricken or changed. Thats whats going on right now in this country, as workers are paying the price for these deals. You know why all the fat cats that the DEMS always accuse of being REPS are with Hillary now, because she won't change their money flow.

You say AGW is your main concern, right? How long would those companies last if the Govt didn't put the lockdown on coal plants and regulations that drive up price per MW to even make green energy remotely in the same price range?

Our Govt has shackled the people, it has put in place deals that have hurt the middle class and areas they live and worked, wages haven't gone up, more people on govt help, drug use and crime at historic levels, and no one acts like they have a clue as why, it's ridiculous.
You apparently aren't aware of the cost of new pv arrays

So Kerry - by phone call - threatens to cut off communication with Russia over the Syrian conflict.

I have a simple question - what, exactly, are we f*cking doing with this mess? Is our strategy to just get as many of them out so we can relocate them all here?

Some of the stories and pictures coming out should have most dems in tears and most republicans with a war-like hard on. I literally have no clue what our strategy is or which side is on which. Can someone more versed in our foreign policy help? Jamo?

Get as many as we can here, put them on the teet, watch them multiply, millions of dem votes for decades to come. Profit.

Same thing with Latinos.

Basically, dem policies, especially globalism, are being rejected by americans. So they're importing supporters.

And the Dems would never do that. You are such a cheap whore.

ACA and the Porkulus, that is your answer to the shitfest you are whining about. You should be ashamed to support that abuse of power and scumbag ways of Harry Reid et al.
The point, dear heart, was that the GOP can't suddenly claim to be all hot for infrastructure. And your claim to be holier-than-thou sort of evaporates if your response is "you too".

Probably was too dark to have the tazer or stun gun or baton work on him. Those things are ineffective when you hit a certain amount of pigmentation.

Few police today ever use their batons. Most rules for using batons only allow officers to strike where they will do little damage (legs). Many police departments view batons as civil rights suits waiting to happen. Unfortunately, police are safer (from a rule book/disciplinary status) to use their guns. Maybe if the rules were loosened, some police shooting victims might be alive today.

This blog below does a good job explaining the problem. Here is an example:

"In Wisconsin in the late early 2000s, two deputies went to serve an arrest warrant on a large, husky farmer. The farmer punched and knocked out one officer. When the deputy woke up next to him on the floor, the farmer was atop his partner choking the life out of him. The deputy sat up, pulled his baton, and struck the farmer in the head, knocking HIM out and saving the partner's life. This deputy was fined and suspended for striking someone in the head with a baton. He could have shot and killed the farmer, and that would have been justified. But the rule book said no baton strikes to the head. The deputy, in a way, had also saved the farmer's life by just knocking him out. Yeah. Screwy."..........

http://forcenecessarytv.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-vanishing-police-batonstick-use-in.html

Last edited:
Donald Trump's Fortune Falls $800 Million To $3.7 Billion

"A lot of Trump critics have argued that he’s afraid that his tax returns will show he’s not a billionaire. Highly doubtful. First, Trump’s income will not directly correlate with the value of his assets, the debt on them or his stake in each. Second, FORBES has been scouring Trump’s fortune for 34 years. Sometimes he’s up, sometimes he down–and for much of the 1990s he was out of the three comma club.

Below you’ll find our estimates and assumptions for all his assets. And no, as with Winfrey and Mark Cuban and all the rest, we don’t subscribe an intangible value to his “brand.” Great businessmen turn brands into profits, which then get valued. The deals that putatively could get done do not.

One more thing: The bombastic Republican presidential candidate said on Monday night that his FEC filing showed income of $694 million for the past year. It doesn’t, because in the document he freely mixed revenue with income, and it covers a period of 17 months."

Cramer's wake-up call for Donald Trump on NAFTA

"No one talks about the actual benefit that deals like NAFTA bring to American workers, namely cheaper products. Meanwhile, the average Mexican worker only receives about $3 per hour. The country has fewer worker and environmental protections. There is state provided healthcare, and very little absenteeism.

Shareholders want the companies to move to Mexico for an immediate earnings-per-share boost. More important for consumers, Mexico has kept the price of cars down because of its low costs, Cramer said.

"That is a real trade-off and we need to talk about it, rather than pretending it doesn't exist," he said. "

The idea of cheaper shit really isn't a good stance. It sounds good and makes broke week to week living individuals buy more, but the reality is they are buying it on credit anyway because there aren't jobs to pay well enough because Mexico and places like them pay $3 an hour.

Trump is proposing lowering taxes so companies can afford the labor element of their product. It isn't hard really but I'll be damned if democrats don't muddy the water and idiots can't figure it out.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Lek couldnt be more of a hard to person to like.

Ok im gonna list a bunch of "issues", then say its not bashing.

Read this. I. Do. Not. Care. If. You. Say. You. Are. Bashing. Him. Or. Not.

Thats not the point. The point is paying as little tax as possibleis a non "issue" to everyone except political nut huggers. Im sure you and hillary do it. Along with 99% of americans.

Is thst clear enough for you or do you need it laid out differently, again.

If youre going to participate, try to keep up. TIA.
When your not high or smoking a phatty J, you should google the difference between qualitative and quantitative. It would really help you in the future. Simply listing items is a quantitative measure. I offered no qualitative assessment.

Also, if 99% of Americans think its an issue, than its an issue. That is a quantitative assessment, not qualitative.

If you are going to mimic my responses or call me out, at least be more informed or just have basic reasoning skills. TIA!

FRANKFORT, KY.

A Kentucky judge says Gov. Matt Bevin does not have the power to abolish and replace the University of Louisville's board of trustees.

The ruling from Franklin Circuit Judge Phillip Shepherd on Wednesday permanently blocks an executive order Bevin issued earlier this year that replaced all of the members of the university's board. Democratic Attorney General Andy Beshear sued, arguing Bevin's order was illegal.

It is the second defeat for Bevin in a week in his battles with Beshear. Last week, the state Supreme Court ruled Bevin could not cut the budgets of state colleges and universities without the approval of the state legislature. Beshear sued to stop Bevin in that case, too.

Bevin will most likely appeal the ruling. Both sides have said they expect the case to end up before the state Supreme Court.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/latest-news/article104648406.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
The best part of IgnorantMoe asking for the tax returns, is everything he said he'd learn is already contained in Trump's financial disclosure.

Here's a link if you'd like answers to those burning questions about what Trump's invested in.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/22/politics/donald-trump-personal-financial-disclosure-report/index.html
The best part of IgnorantMoe asking for the tax returns, is everything he said he'd learn is already contained in Trump's financial disclosure.

Here's a link if you'd like answers to those burning questions about what Trump's invested in.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/22/politics/donald-trump-personal-financial-disclosure-report/index.html

The value that Trump has used across various documents can vary by 90%. So, not as helpful as you might think.

When your not high or smoking a phatty J, you should google the difference between qualitative and quantitative. It would really help you in the future. Simply listing items is a quantitative measure. I offered no qualitative assessment.

Also, if 99% of Americans think its an issue, than its an issue. That is a quantitative assessment, not qualitative.

If you are going to mimic my responses or call me out, at least be more informed or just have basic reasoning skills. TIA!

You seriously do not have reading comprehension.

Again.

I get that yourr listing your perceived negative "issues". And no where did i say 99% think its an issue.

He, along with most likely you, along with certainly me and along with almost ALL(hence, the 99%) do it. Therefore, its a non issue.

go ahead, get your last argument arguing nothing that im saying. People that are crazy and/or stupid are usually the last to know it.

Last edited:
FRANKFORT, KY.

A Kentucky judge says Gov. Matt Bevin does not have the power to abolish and replace the University of Louisville's board of trustees.

The ruling from Franklin Circuit Judge Phillip Shepherd on Wednesday permanently blocks an executive order Bevin issued earlier this year that replaced all of the members of the university's board. Democratic Attorney General Andy Beshear sued, arguing Bevin's order was illegal.

It is the second defeat for Bevin in a week in his battles with Beshear. Last week, the state Supreme Court ruled Bevin could not cut the budgets of state colleges and universities without the approval of the state legislature. Beshear sued to stop Bevin in that case, too.

Bevin will most likely appeal the ruling. Both sides have said they expect the case to end up before the state Supreme Court.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/latest-news/article104648406.html#storylink=cpy
Bevin seems to regard laws as suggestions. The board is supposed to have 12 members. Somehow Bevin decided it would be better if there were only 10. Why, it looks like a plan designed to be invalidated so he could play the victim.

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
The idea of cheaper shit really isn't a good stance. It sounds good and makes broke week to week living individuals buy more, but the reality is they are buying it on credit anyway because there aren't jobs to pay well enough because Mexico and places like them pay $3 an hour.

Trump is proposing lowering taxes so companies can afford the labor element of their product. It isn't hard really but I'll be damned if democrats don't muddy the water and idiots can't figure it out.
Muddy the waters with facts. Trickle Down has NEVER worked. Is Trickle Down really the Something Different that you expect from Trump? Heaven help us all.

"In Wisconsin in the late early 2000s, two deputies went to serve an arrest warrant on a large, husky farmer. The farmer punched and knocked out one officer. When the deputy woke up next to him on the floor, the farmer was atop his partner choking the life out of him. The deputy sat up, pulled his baton, and struck the farmer in the head, knocking HIM out and saving the partner's life. This deputy was fined and suspended for striking someone in the head with a baton. He could have shot and killed the farmer, and that would have been justified. But the rule book said no baton strikes to the head. The deputy, in a way, had also saved the farmer's life by just knocking him out. Yeah. Screwy."..........

http://forcenecessarytv.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-vanishing-police-batonstick-use-in.html

Apocryphal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT