POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doesn't matter. Leftists and the media were saying Armageddon was going to happen if it passed. It passed and the sun is still coming up. Odd.

Just so you know, Paul Krugman said that there wouldn't be a recession from the Brexit vote. So, while you being wrong may not matter to you, it might come in handy to know that if you're ever curious about the actual world we live in, some people have a very good track record in their understanding of the way things work.

I always thought it was the opposing candidates job to fact check the other?

I'll bet Hillary is a nervous wreck today, she's probably gone full Burke Ramsey smearing shit all over her handicap van.

What's the over/under she doesn't make it through debate without having a medical episode?
How long is the debate? 90 minutes right? If she is as sick as we think, I would be surprised if an episode didn't happen. She can barely walk up stairs, how will she be able to stand for an hour and a half?

Paul Krugman.

giphy.gif

Reactions: screwduke1
Raise your hand if you expected to be reading Silver tweets like this in late September....Trump is as bad as I said all year. Maybe Hillary is worse than that......

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 6h6 hours ago
The latest polling is consistent with a Clinton lead of only ~1% nationally. State firewall breaking up. Trend lines awful.

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 8h8 hours ago
Last 6 polls in Colorado, supposed "safe" state for Clinton: Trump +1 Trump +4 Clinton +1 Clinton +2 Clinton +7 Trump +4

Paul Krugman.

giphy.gif

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/06/24/paul-krugman-brexit/

And if you're going to use an image, you might want to vet them

https://www.indy100.com/article/dav...oint-about-donald-trumps-politics--ZkrH8p2n5l

Writing for the Guardian, Mitchell likened the GOP candidate to a man relieving himself in the corner of a room at an otherwise polite dinner party.

"The dignified response it to avert your gaze," he writes. "But it takes so much self-restraint. Our inner child wants to stare and cry out: 'What's that man doing? He’s so weird! Eeeeuuuurrrggghhh! I can’t stop looking at him!"

Is Donald Trump qualified to be president?

"1. Does he actually know — or care to know — the basic information needed to competently run the country?

2. Does Trump understand and respect the basic principles and traditions of American Constitutional government?

3. Why won’t Trump forthrightly answer the most basic questions about his businesses and debts?

But if Trump is to be vetted for the presidency, he needs to be asked not only about individual statements he’s made in the past, but his pattern of lying, stretching the truth and bungling facts.

Hillary Clinton (“Crooked Hillary” in Trump’s parlance) it bears repeating, is no saint — far from it — and her early answers on the email scandal were misleading, bordering on the untruthful, and flat-out lies in the view of GOP congressional investigators.

But it’s a crowning irony of 2016 that the Republican Party, whose base revolted against its leadership for untruthfulness — especially George W. Bush’s claims about Iraq — would nominate the most brazenly truth-challenged candidate in recent history."

I

But it’s a crowning irony of 2016 that the Republican Party, whose base revolted against its leadership for untruthfulness — especially George W. Bush’s claims about Iraq — would nominate the most brazenly truth-challenged candidate in recent history."

It's mis-remembering history to think the base rejected W. W still had around a 32% support even at the worst of his admin.

All the pressure is on her tonight. Expectations are low for Trump. This moment is what she has wanted for her entire life. All of the dead bodies, ruthless deals, corruption, etc. etc. It all comes down to this moment in time for her. Its her last shot and she knows it.

Trump can lose and go back to a life way better than what he will have as POTUS. All he would lose is a mark on his ego and some wasted time and money doing this. IMO, America loses as well but he will personally be just fine.

I am sure the nerves in her camp and herself are on edge right now. Going to be great television. That is for sure.

It's true. Gerrymandering the electoral college would result in a GOP win.

Mmm if your read the article it did not mention redrawing congressional districts. I think the process needs to change. Political views within a state are usually very diverse. This would give each voter reassurance that their vote matters. One major metropolitan area can nullify an entire area of a state.

I've said it before, and I will say it again. All Trump has to do is be calm, cool and collected, answer questions in a manner showing he has a reasonable grasp of the issues, and avoid stepping into the bucket. The expectations are artificially low for him, and just by exceeding those low expectations he will impress people, some voters currently on the fence will accept that he can step into the presidency, those voters will commit/flip and Trump gains in the polls.

Do these two even shake hands and greet one another at the beginning? At the end? Both have hurled enough barbs to get deep under one another's skin.

Reactions: catfaninsc
Reactions: UK_Dallas
Just so you know, Paul Krugman said that there wouldn't be a recession from the Brexit vote. So, while you being wrong may not matter to you, it might come in handy to know that if you're ever curious about the actual world we live in, some people have a very good track record in their understanding of the way things work.
You talking about former Enron special advisor Paul Krugman? The same Paul Krugman who said in 2002 that "Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble"? That Paul Krugman? Not sure he ought to be your poster boy for the notion cited......

You need to read a better class of economists. And also note that the exit hasn't happened. Only the vote.

Teachable MoeJunior

You think nobody in England benefited from the EU? Do you think leaving the EU is going to keep factory jobs in England? What keeps jobs in high wage countries? What will keep London's financial markets healthy? Do you think that factories in England can now ignore EU regulations? Do you think England can train enough medical personnel in the next 2 years to make up for those who now have to leave? Do you think that UKIP is really targeting Poles (who are from the EU) -- or other, darker skinned immigrants (who aren't.)

Moe....for once you are right. We shpuld all be reading a higher class of dumb***

This would be my first question to hildawg,. What exactly did you tell the relatives of the Benghazi victims? And are they lying about what you said?

Buddy, that ain't happening, but it should. That liberal hack of a host will nip that shit in the bud.

No way that moderator is going to let Hilldawg get any negative heat. For me, this debate will be tongue in cheek.

Ive never seen data and have no idea what it would do to nation wide votes, but i have always thought that the electoral college should be expanded. Counties, or parrishes or whatever each state wishes to do.

1 city in a state should not determine 20-40 points.

Reactions: WildcatofNati
Teachable MoeJunior

You think nobody in England benefited from the EU? Do you think leaving the EU is going to keep factory jobs in England? What keeps jobs in high wage countries? What will keep London's financial markets healthy? Do you think that factories in England can now ignore EU regulations? Do you think England can train enough medical personnel in the next 2 years to make up for those who now have to leave? Do you think that UKIP is really targeting Poles (who are from the EU) -- or other, darker skinned immigrants (who aren't.)

Moe....for once you are right. We shpuld all be reading a higher class of dumb***
Good call.

You talking about former Enron special advisor Paul Krugman? The same Paul Krugman who said in 2002 that "Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble"? That Paul Krugman? Not sure he ought to be your poster boy for the notion cited......

He was right about the Brexit vote

Ive never seen data and have no idea what it would do to nation wide votes, but i have always thought that the electoral college should be expanded. Counties, or parrishes or whatever each state wishes to do.

1 city in a state should not determine 20-40 points.
I agree but I would just go direct first past the finish vote

Has anyone stopped to think that the entire election could completely move towards one candidate or the other after tonight? A major Trump screwup, Hillary having a decisive health issue or a tantrum, etc.......

All the conjecture, all the positioning.....it's showtime.

Yes, it is.
Better shaking your head than rubbing your eyes.

What criterion in DSM 5 does your claim fit in?

Yeah, physical perception is just a teeny weeny part of narcissism. But perception of "self looks" does not define it.

Your claim is only one criteria for A. Need 2. The rest fits you to a Tee.

Is Donald Trump qualified to be president?

"1. Does he actually know — or care to know — the basic information needed to competently run the country?

2. Does Trump understand and respect the basic principles and traditions of American Constitutional government?

3. Why won’t Trump forthrightly answer the most basic questions about his businesses and debts?

But if Trump is to be vetted for the presidency, he needs to be asked not only about individual statements he’s made in the past, but his pattern of lying, stretching the truth and bungling facts.

Hillary Clinton (“Crooked Hillary” in Trump’s parlance) it bears repeating, is no saint — far from it — and her early answers on the email scandal were misleading, bordering on the untruthful, and flat-out lies in the view of GOP congressional investigators.

I would only like to address number 1 - I cannot speak for Donald Trump as I am not a fan.
Hillary Clinton has proven she does not have the basic information needed to handle classified material. That or she willfully disregarded the NDA she signed.

That is all I need to know.

Reactions: MrLair
What if Hilliary has a health issue tonight and can't stay on stage? Do we simply get a 1 on 1? Trump and moderator

Also are we sure her first early exit wasn't a black out and she felt it coming? Something triggers this and I hope Trump can burn her up to the point she loses it and faints.

Something like "Donald that's a GD lie"..........SMACK!! Face to the floor!

Reactions: MrLair
Don't care much for Michael Savage, but apparently shitlibs took his show off the air while he was talking about Hillarys health. Why do leftists hate free speech so much?

Would love Trump to establish a strong nickname quickly. Something like "Lyin' Hill", "One Shoe McClinton", "Hot Sauce Hillary", also "Sickly Bitch" are all being floated right now in the war room I would imagine.

Christ almighty I hope this thing lives up to the hype. No way it could, though, right? <crosses fingers>

Reactions: augustaky1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT