POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean, how desperate is Hilldawg & her side that the overriding story going into the debate is openly begging, BEGGING the moderator to be biased against Trump?

fact check him! fact check him!!!

that's the best winning strategery they can come up with? astounding.

Congrats. Fact checking as a form of bias. We are at some kind of nadir in our national discourse. Openly accepting that facts have a liberal bias. And not caring!

I really couldn't give less of a shit what either of them say tonight. My list of reasons I hate Clinton is long far before we get to policy reasons (and gender is nowhere on the list).

However, I probably will be watching most of the debate in the hopes that Clinton has another health "episode". Really, that's all I care to see. You'll get an Aaron-Harrison-drills-a-three-to-keep-UK-alive type cheer out of me if she faints/has a seizure/goes cross eyed.

Seems like majority on both sides agrees. Just saw a poll, asked will debates have affect on your vote. 87% not likely, 10% maybe, 2% very likely.

Might as well be a sporting event. Teams have been chosen & lines have been drawn in the sand. Only watching to cheer on our favorite.

I swear, every time I read something, whether it's Clinton's "fact checking" bullshit, her made up health records, etc., I think who is stupid enough to fall for this shit.

Then I come here and have Moe answering my question.

Trump has a reputation for being thin-skinned. Is the mere presence of a smirking Cuban enough to distract Trump? History is full of examples of a single sentence in a debate coming back to haunt someone - you don't have to be distracted long at all to say something dumb. And that's especially true of an R, and even more especially true of Trump. The media is dying to be able to declare Clinton the winner. So, he's got to just ignore Cuban. Really Trump should have the advantage here, since he has a microphone and Cuban doesn't. The smart thing may be to make a summary dismissal of Cuban right off the bat, and then ignore him for the balance of time. And along with acknowledging Cuban, he can acknowledge Flowers, and whomever else in serial harasser Bill's history shows up.....

The smart thing to do? Worry about it, That's the smart thing to do.

Oh, well shit. I guess in that case we can ignore all history of debates, media bias, Clinton's campaigns full court press over the weekend to skew perception and anything that happens tonight.

Thanks for pointing that out.

So, you've already forgotten Matt Lauer, too. You all must take roofies like vitamins.

Teams have been chosen & lines have been drawn in the sand. Only watching to cheer on our favorite.

There's no "cheering on a favorite".

I'm watching for the same reason I watched Villanova vs UNC. I want to see UNC crumble or a meteor hit the stadium. Couldn't give a shit less about Villanova.

man-with-blinders.jpg

picture41332041939695.jpg

So, you've already forgotten Matt Lauer, too. You all must take roofies like vitamins.

Will you please pull you head out of your ass. I guess the forum was what you were thinking about the other day when you were talking about the last time Clinton and Trump debated.

Wait, you're telling me that the Post, the NYTimes, the LATimes and Politico might be conspiring in favor of a Democrat? No way! They ought to call it Journolist or something......The gloves are all the way off now. This - at least for today - is all about intimidating Lester Holt. Trump needs to bite that quickly. First time Holt attempts to "correct" Trump, he needs to unleash a bit of fury.....

"Where did all those ‘Trump Lies’ articles come from this weekend? The Clinton campaign, of course. “So the weekend before the first presidential debate, four major news publications all print the same story, the content and tone of which (calling out one candidate over the other as a serial liar) Stelter concedes is ‘extraordinary,’ and it’s all just a ‘coincidence’ with no coordination between the publications and certainly none with the campaign? Uh huh. Hey wait… what’s this over here on the Hillary Clinton campaign website published on Friday, the day before all the articles published at the NY Times, LA Times, Washington Post and Politico?” . . . As if the message wasn’t clear enough in the post, the Clinton campaign was sure to hammer the story assignments home by conducting a special conference call on the topic for members of the media. According to Jason Easly at PoliticsUSA, the conference call included more pressure on debate moderator Lester Holt.”

LOL. Looks like FTS can drop the USA wide poll bullshit trolling and start using his hero's own poll. Shew - all this time trolling and now their own god is even acknowledging what's happening.
So I guess you'd be happier if I posted polls that showed Trump behind?

The USA Wide poll has been ahead of the curve for 6 weeks showing Trump leading.

538 and Silver is just now catching up.

Will you please pull you head out of your ass. I guess the forum was what you were thinking about the other day when you were talking about the last time Clinton and Trump debated.

Just mere curiosity here. Do you talk to people face-to-face the way you write?

Hillary; strong, proud, feminist, self proclaimed women's champion can't do it on her own & needs a man to save her on the debate stage.

Hearing quite a few pundits take something similar of a stance today regarding her pleas for fact checking. Surprising.

I hope Holt asks one simple and very fair question of both candidates:

Please name three personal accomplishments, not positions you've held, but three things that made a significant difference in this world.

Still waiting on anything Hillary can claim.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Road trip Willy?

No, just a random old timey photo of the Grapes of Wrath which is nicely compatible with Moe's obscure photos that he posts on here. Neither of which have any relevant meaning, but only one of us which isn't disillusioned.

But hey, we already know Moe is smarter than all of us and we're just not at his level of wit and cleverness.

According to debate commissioners, Mark Cuban will not have a front row seat. Was Cuban sellin' wolf tickets? We'll see.

No, just a random old timey photo of the Grapes of Wrath which is nicely compatible with Moe's obscure photos that he posts on here. Neither of which have any relevant meaning, but only one of us which isn't disillusioned.

But hey, we already know Moe is smarter than all of us and we're just not at his level of wit and cleverness.

If you're ever stumped, just ask. That's what I do. Speaking of which, which one of us do you think is disillusioned?

Just mere curiosity here. Do you talk to people face-to-face the way you write?

Sometimes.

However I generally refrain from discussing politics in real life. If politics come up and someone proves to be as delusional as you, I generally will just put them on real life ignore. The political thread is where I come to vent frustrations with the idiots in this country.

Sometimes.

However I generally refrain from discussing politics in real life. If politics come up and someone proves to be as delusional as you, I generally will just put them on real life ignore. The political thread is where I come to vent frustrations with the idiots in this country.

Same here. When I see the Moe's of the world. I just agree with them so that they continue with their smug narcissism and I walk away without wasting much of my precious time.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Same here. When I see the Moe's of the world. I just agree with them so that they continue with their smug narcissism and I walk away without wasting much of my precious time.

Narcissism is love of one own image. You may note that I don't use a picture of self.

I always thought it was the opposing candidates job to fact check the other?

I'll bet Hillary is a nervous wreck today, she's probably gone full Burke Ramsey smearing shit all over her handicap van.

What's the over/under she doesn't make it through debate without having a medical episode?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT