POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Polls mean absolutely nothing btw until after tonight. No matter what poll or candidate you support. That goes for both sides IMO.

Polls mean absolutely nothing btw until after tonight. No matter what poll or candidate you support. That goes for both sides IMO.

Presidential races are far more volatile than is generally thought. Carter/Reagan race in 1980 was very close until the last week. In fact in the middle of October, Carter LED Reagan. Events matter right up until you go into the booth.

Presidential races are far more volatile than is generally thought. Carter/Reagan race in 1980 was very close until the last week. In fact in the middle of October, Carter LED Reagan. Events matter right up until you go into the booth.

Holy shit something we agree on. Most people thought Mitt Romney won the first debate and Obama still kicked his ass.

My point being was polls don't mean shit until the next event.

You're comparing people and their votes in 1980 to people in 2016?

umm, yeah Moe. Totally relevant

Holy shit something we agree on. Most people thought Mitt Romney won the first debate and Obama still kicked his ass.

My point being was polls don't mean shit until the next event.

This thread drove me back to look at historical polling. When Ross Perot dropped out of the race in 92, he'd been leading in the polls until shortly before that. Very weird. When Perot dropped out, Bush was ahead of Clinton 48-40. Within the month, Clinton had surged ahead 56-34!! When Perot re-entered the race, Bush was polling at 38%, Clinton at 51%. At the election Bush polled 37% -- a drop of 1%. Clinton had dropped to 43%. And yet the story persists that Bush would have won if not for Perot.

Presidential elections are really, really odd. Bob Dole's numbers at the voting booth were higher than any of his polling data. In the 3rd week of October, Romney led Obama by 3% and then lost by 4%. A 7% swing in around 2 weeks.

So, you never know.

I'm talking about volatility and unpredictability.

I was 5 in 1980. I don't know what it was like so I can't answer the typical voter mindset in 1980. But I do know the Gen X birthed the shit ass Millennials. I blame my peers. Trust me, if murder was legal. I'd be doing my part.

Black life's obviously Don't matter, I thought everyone that stood for them was supposed to stay home today?

Popcorn and vodka ready.

This will probably turn out to be a Thursday night football game.

Oh well I'm off tomorrow and playing golf.

Let's get this shit show started.

It will be Trump that will allow guys like Rand Paul to forge the new GOP
Totally agree. The fact that Paul Ryan doesn't like Trump makes me think Trump won't play the typical GOP bullshit game. Trump isn't there for the GOP, Hes there for the American people.

Screwduke. Mitt Romeny f***** sucks. In no way and no shape would I ever vote for that turd.

He's the type of Republican that has us in this mess.

agreed. but even with his turdness, he only lost a few battleground states by barely over a percentage point. that 47% comment destroyed him. and Obama was/is ten times the politician/candidate Hillary is. not sure what i am getting at here. just mindless rumblings bored at work, waiting for this shitshow to start.

Please rattle off more free shit you can't afford to pay for. I'm sure Donald will add some even more to the list. Already out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT