POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NC is looking good for Trump this AM. The democrats lead in early voting is at 285,000 and dropping each day. In 2016, they were up by 305,000 on election day and still lost by 2 points. Also the black vote is at 19.7% vs. 22.3% in 2016.
You know, this is a weird year. I'm not sure we can use historical norms as any sort of predictor. It could be that the typical "most GOP voters don't vote until election day" happens, in which case, if the Dems aren't sufficiently ahead by that day, they lose. Or it could be that GOPers are voting early this time, too, in effect cannibalizing their election day totals.

Well that's true, still it is the #1 defense along with social distancing, avoiding groups of people especially indoors and washing your hands regularly

Nope. It would rank dead last on the list of things you just mentioned....obviously, and you're smart enough to fundamentally know that.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
You know, this is a weird year. I'm not sure we can use historical norms as any sort of predictor. It could be that the typical "most GOP voters don't vote until election day" happens, in which case, if the Dems aren't sufficiently ahead by that day, they lose. Or it could be that GOPers are voting early this time, too, in effect cannibalizing their election day totals.

Schweikart occasionally references “super voters”. People that are basically 100% to vote, and whether or not they have voted yet.

I will be interested to see if he does a run down of those by state over the weekend.

Reactions: Mojocat
This is pretty good. I'd forgotten about the "Senior Administration Official" that wrote the anonymous op-ed in the NYT blasting Trump. Turns out, now that we know who it is, he's not Senior at all - a low level staffer, really...She could have shortened all of this analysis and just said "Chris Cillizza is a dumbass, but no one will acknowledge it"

Not A Senior Administration Official
People took seriously the New York Times’ claim that the anonymous writer was in the upper echelon of an administration. In “13 people who might be the author of The New York Times op-ed,” CNN followed the New York Times’ lead by offering the names of actual senior administration officials, such as Don McGahn, Dan Coats, Kellyanne Conway, Kirstjen Nielsen, John Kelly, Jeff Sessions, James Mattis, Nikki Haley, Jared Kushner, and Ivanka Trump. Chris Cillizza also suggested it might be Fiona Hill or Melania Trump.

He also wrote of the Times, “They aren’t publishing an anonymous op-ed from just anyone in the Trump administration. They especially aren’t publishing one that alleges a near-coup … If some midlevel bureaucrat in the Trump administration comes to the Times — or has an intermediary reach out to the Times — asking to write a piece like this one without their name attached to it, the answer would be an immediate ‘no.'”

Reactions: Lost In FL
I have to agree that a lot more people in my town wear them now as opposed to earlier in the summer and yet the numbers still continue to climb.

Sorry for your losses and the infections in your family.

I made it through the China Flu with only about a two day ordeal, headache and fever. My mom took a while to recover, but it wasn't ever dangerous. Saw a large outbreak at my church (we wore masks) and a few rough cases, but thankfully no deaths.

I think people do take it serious. However, we have been in a mask mandate from Abortion Andy for several months now. And we are seeing record numbers. How sure can we be that masks (which state on their packaging they don't stop disease spread) help?

I'm not trying to be a smarty pants, just think there is little to no proof they do. When I go out, hardly anyone doesn't have a mask. Yet numbers keep climbing.

Reactions: KyCatFan and AGEE11
I think Corona is absolutely a real thing, and I think it absolutely is dangerous to those who are older and have comorbidities.

I also think that if this had happened in March of 2019 instead of March 2020, the response wouldn't have been nearly as aggressive. I think the left saw an opportunity to really derail the economy during an election year and they jumped at it.

Dudes, Joe Rogan playing Mr. Snopes and fact checking everything Alex Jones says is AMAZING.😂 You can just hear liberals offing themselves when you listen to this. I have no idea why youtube/media is allowing this to stay up.

I think Corona is absolutely a real thing, and I think it absolutely is dangerous to those who are older and have comorbidities.

I also think that if this had happened in March of 2019 instead of March 2020, the response wouldn't have been nearly as aggressive. I think the left saw an opportunity to really derail the economy during an election year and they jumped at it.

This is the correct answer!!

Saw something an hour or so ago (can't find it now) where they were saying that the Cuban vote is going so strong for Trump in S. Florida that Florida could go the strongest for a candidate since the 90s. I'll see if I can find it.
Not a tweet from anyone well known, so don't know how accurate/informed this person is.

Reactions: UKUGA
HW was a very solid president. Unfortunately, his son will detract from that legacy.

Hell, HW was probably the last US President to have a cohesive and rational foreign policy.

The dismantling of the Soviet Union has made managing foreign policy very difficult.

Btw even though I cast my ballot for the president I think the reality is that the media has suppressed so much info that he has a very low chance to be re-elected. I would put his chances now at less than 10% maybe less than 5%

If these numbers are even close....it's OVER

Already voted. Not taking a chance with the possibility of something happening on Tuesday. You can’t vote on Tuesday for any reason you missed a major opportunity. You don’t get a 2nd chance. Really hope that 41% figure for Republicans isn’t correct.

Last edited:
Saw something an hour or so ago (can't find it now) where they were saying that the Cuban vote is going so strong for Trump in S. Florida that Florida could go the strongest for a candidate since the 90s. I'll see if I can find it.
Not a tweet from anyone well known, so don't know how accurate/informed this person is.

Echoes what has been said here within this political thread from posters who have lived year-round in FL for quite a number of years.

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
Haven't seen Gassy or Sawnee here today. They both live within range of Tampa I think (know Sawnee does). Wonder if they went to the Tampa rally?
They keep talking about how hot it is there now. Fire truck back behind the rally spraying water up in the air for people to cool off if they want.

If these numbers are even close....it's OVER

The Dems have pushed their people to vote early by mail. The idea was to build up huge leads in key states which the GOP couldn't overcome on election day. Unfortunately for the dems, those leads aren't near what they had hoped for. If the GOP has a decent turnout on election day, the dems are in for a bad night and four more years of TDS.

It may be time to move some more Cubans to Texas.

The dismantling of the Soviet Union has made managing foreign policy very difficult.

Btw even though I cast my ballot for the president I think the reality is that the media has suppressed so much info that he has a very low chance to be re-elected. I would put his chances now at less than 10% maybe less than 5%

The pessimist in me views this as a coin toss.

The pessimist in me views this as a coin toss.

I'm in total agreement with this. That's why I've put so much money on Trump. If it was the opposite and Biden was the massive underdog in the betting markets, I would have done the same thing and bet on Biden. This comes down to a few counties in 2 or 3 states IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT