POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just can't wrap my head around how anyone could be ardent supports of either candidate.

The swarming defense is baffling.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will be voting for Hillary, but I'm sure as hell not going to spend my time concocting some weak ass defense for her.

See. I can totally respect that. Acknowledging both candidates are awful, then saying youre still voting for one anyway. Rather than acting like one or the other are pious.

Out of curiosity, what is the rationale for Hillary?

See. I can totally respect that. Acknowledging both candidates are awful, then saying youre still voting for one anyway. Rather than acting like one or the other are pious.

Out of curiosity, what is the rationale for Hillary?
Both of you are playing the same game. He's voting for Hillary because he hates Trump. You (I assume) are voting for Trump because you hate Hillary.
3rd party anyone?

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Trump's strategy of taking it to the streets is an interesting one. So far, Hillary has hidden herself away from the general public and the press by a few tightly managed engagements in front of either small and/or select audiences.

With his visit to Louisiana, Mexico City and the upcoming trip to Detroit---he may put pressure on Hillary to be more visible and publicly engaging. Which isn't her strong suit and might also flush out any physical issues she may have.

On the other hand, you can guarantee the Clinton campaign is lining up their mouthpieces to rip each and every Trump meeting/trip to shreds. Regardless of their actual outcome.

Both of you are playing the same game. He's voting for Hillary because he hates Trump. You (I assume) are voting for Trump because you hate Hillary.
3rd party anyone?

I'm assuming that too.

Being in ky, I doubt I'll have to vote trump. Not sure what I'll do, if I'll even vote. I don't think trump is nearly as bad as made out to be, but I still don't trust him.

Although if it's between he and Hillary, Trump all day.

Reactions: Willy4UK
for the record, I'm really skeptical of anyone claiming polls are off because people don't want to admit they'll vote for Trump or because he had 35,000 rabid supporters at an event, or for anything like that. I heard that plenty of '08 ("people just want to say they support a black man, they won't actually vote for him") and in '12, too.

Having said that, just read this at 538. Seems like there's an obvious answer to her quandary:

"This split, however, between live-interview polls and everything else, is something we keep our eye on. When we launched our general election forecasts in late June, there wasn’t a big difference in the results we were getting from polls using traditional methodologies and polls using newer techniques. Now, it’s pretty clear that Hillary Clinton’s lead over Donald Trump is wider in live-telephone surveys than it is in nonlive surveys. We don’t know exactly why live-interview polls are getting different results than other types of surveys; there are a lot of potential causes and it’s something we’ll be digging into."

3rd party anyone?

No, i enjoy certain rights that hilldogg will be sure to either take away or move us a lot closer to it

Thinking about the upcoming presidential debates, things I'd like to see:

1. Each candidate has to answer one question after breathing in a big hit of helium.
2. Each candidate is given two "Challenge Cards" to call BS on the other candidate. Once thrown, their opponent's answer is either validated or deemed to be BS. If BS, the candidate who threw the challenge keeps the challenge. The lying candidate has to apologize and wear a "Liar" button until the other candidate loses a challenge, at which point, the button is exchanged.
3. Each candidate is allowed to ask the other candidate two questions of their choice which must be met with a reply. The Challenge option is applicable to all answers.
4. Each candidate is allowed one three minute uninterrupted thrashing of a moderator of their choice at any time during the debate. If the moderator flinches, speaks and/or makes a discerning facial expression the candidate may slap them across the face with a dead fish.
5. A lighted like/not like meter is attached to the front of each candidate's podium. Live analysis based on an equally distributed voting mechanism. One meter will be voted on only by children under 10 years old, a second by US veterans who served in a location of conflict and a third by the Widespread Panic fan club.
6. Each candidate will be backed by a team of scantily clad cheerleaders of their choice and Snoop Dogg will be one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Reactions: ymmot31
There's already a huge crowd in Mexico
mexican8.jpg

What in the world...

Free t-shirts?

I've actually heard a handful people swear Mexico really likes Trump. Idk. Ideally, I can def see it. Trump is American af and Mexico *loves* that attitude more than our own damn country does at the moment.

Trump's strategy of taking it to the streets is an interesting one.

Does "taking it to the streets" really have that big of an impact? This will be the 4th? 5th? POTUS election where the internet is widely accessible. I'd imagine the ratio of people who get their news from the internet vs local sources is much different than it was 20 years ago.

Have studies been done to measure the impact of campaigning locally?

Obviously having local campaign offices is going to help Clinton as its much easier to hand out cash and food in exchange for votes, bus poor people to the polling booth while you talk about how great Clinton is, and stand outside to intimidate voters if you have local offices.

Reactions: drawing_dead
Taking it to the streets = getting in front of and speaking directly to diverse audiences. Physically going to Mexico City, Louisiana, Detroit, etc. instead of just bouncing around select audiences.

Reactions: drawing_dead

Ah yes, the good old fashioned "if you criticize someone for a specific thing, we're going to accuse you of criticizing all people of a certain race or gender" card.

Bill Cosby: We have proof Clinton was doing George Soros' bidding as SOS in the emails that have been released.

Lefties: You hate women

Bill Cosby: Once again, you guys are showing you really get it

Taking it to the streets = getting in front of and speaking directly to diverse audiences. Physically going to Mexico City, Louisiana, Detroit, etc. instead of just bouncing around select audiences.

I was thinking of it more in the sense of Jamo's criticisms of Trumps campaign stop locations. Does it even matter that much at this point?

Actually thinking of writing in Capt. Sully.
I was thinking Capt. Kangaroo with Mr. Green Jeans as his Vice. I figured since the Dems had illegals, Dogs, and Dead people voting for them in the last election, why couldn't I vote for a dead person.

I see nothing wrong.

Hillary does suck but not in the same regard as a penis sucker such as Monica.

Monica Lewinsky was a whorey opportunist. She'll never get the respect from me until she sucks my penis for something.
Yeah but, they will not get killed for it which is something he is missing.

I was thinking Capt. Kangaroo with Mr. Green Jeans as his Vice. I figured since the Dems had illegals, Dogs, and Dead people voting for them in the last election, why couldn't I vote for a dead person.

Yeah, it's why I would consider voting Capt. Sully rather than Tom Hanks.

So for me it's either Trump or Sully. Florida needs the Trump vote.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Hillary almost..almost whipped out the tears in front of the american legion.

Dont think she could quite fake it though.. but she was close to achieving it. After saying she would "take messages back home to troops loved ones(cough bull shat) knowing some wouldnt survive".

New polls out show hillarys disfavor ratings climbed to trump levels. Also showed the race in Wisconsin tightening.

Trending against hillary. I like it

yep. From ABCNews. No matter who wins, there's only one reasonable expectation: One. Term. President.

"Hillary Clinton’s unpopularity reached a new high in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, putting her on par with Donald Trump among registered voters. The latest findings solidify their positions as the two most unpopular presidential candidates in polling dating back more than 30 years.

Among all adults, 56 percent now view Clinton unfavorably, up 6 percentage points in three weeks, compared with 63 percent who say the same about Trump. Among registered voters, the two candidates have nearly identical unfavorable ratings: 59 percent for Clinton versus 60 percent for Trump."

yep. From ABCNews. No matter who wins, there's only one reasonable expectation: One. Term. President.

"Hillary Clinton’s unpopularity reached a new high in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, putting her on par with Donald Trump among registered voters. The latest findings solidify their positions as the two most unpopular presidential candidates in polling dating back more than 30 years.

Among all adults, 56 percent now view Clinton unfavorably, up 6 percentage points in three weeks, compared with 63 percent who say the same about Trump. Among registered voters, the two candidates have nearly identical unfavorable ratings: 59 percent for Clinton versus 60 percent for Trump."

If hillary wins, she'll grant amnesty and open the jails. Dems won't lose a presidential election for years.

If Trump wins, he could well be one term. In fact, wouldn't shock me at all if he didn't run for a 2nd

If hillary wins, she'll grant amnesty and open the jails. Dems won't lose a presidential election for years.

If Trump wins, he could well be one term. In fact, wouldn't shock me at all if he didn't run for a 2nd

Man, the best thing could happen is Trump wins and doesn't run in 2020.

I sure would love to see a Paul/Amash team in 2020.

Once the debates start is when the show may begin. All eyes will be on Trump, while HRC will appear boring. I think late deciders, and probably some never-Trumpers will break late for Trump.

Man, the best thing could happen is Trump wins and doesn't run in 2020.

I sure would love to see a Paul/Amash team in 2020.

That's why it's stupid/devastating that kasich wouldn't join trump. Just total guess, but I think kasich would've been coo and trump would've resigned in about 2 years, letting him takeover. Then perfect position for being elected.

But no. He's too much of an ass for that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT