POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who the hell cares what Paul Ryan thinks? 4 years ago you libs hated his guts but now you're gloating over something he said.
I see the circular train wagon has started.

No, the point is all of you were trying to claim nothing Trump has said is in any way racist when Paul Ryan and half of your own Republican Party disagree with you and have publicly on more than one occasion pointed out how Trump's words are racist and beyond the pale.

That tends to discredit your points. If the party you belong to openly and publicly disagrees with you then you don't have any credibility to continue to argue the point. Therefore you find yourselves with a sublime opportunity to shut up and change the subject.

Now, that's the intelligent way to withdraw from a tenuous unsupportable position so do i expect that all of you will avail yourselves of it? No, I expect more hilariously self-unaware posts to continue the drumbeat on a point virtually no rational person would consider to be a salient position to take on the matter because, well, that's what you do.

Reactions: -LEK-

No, the point is all of you were trying to claim nothing Trump has said is in any way racist when Paul Ryan and half of your own Republican Party disagree with you and have publicly on more than one occasion pointed out how Trump's words are racist and beyond the pale.

That tends to discredit your points. If the party you belong to openly and publicly disagrees with you then you don't have any credibility to continue to argue the point. Therefore you find yourselves with a sublime opportunity to shut up and change the subject.

Now, that's the intelligent way to withdraw from a tenuous unsupportable position so do i expect that all of you will avail yourselves of it? No, I expect more hilariously self-unaware posts to continue the drumbeat on a point virtually no rational person would consider to be a salient position to take on the matter because, well, that's what you do.
What Trump said wasn't racist. Fact. Deal with it. Get over it.

Reactions: WildcatofNati
13906603_10153879726500197_8687989447209424920_n.jpg

In the last two months, outside of Iraq and Syria, there has been a Jihadi attack every 84 hours. Not a bad performance from the JV team.

I'm going to go ahead and prepare for the worst. I have already accepted that Hillary will have Obama out of the White House by Halloween, and fully moved in.

Just shake my head and go on. Knowing that I am helpless against the system.

Goddamn, I'm a victim. What an epiphany. I'm just another jack ass taking it in the ass by the Man.

tumblr_nyssw00wat1qz8x31o1_500.gif

Are you a salesman? Serious question, it seems you know the best possible scenario but not how the grid works where the rubber meets the road.

Nope, but work in the industry. I know how the grid works in its current state. It's an inefficient mess limited by an antiquated infrastructure.

You're mixing sales, and actual production. I know that power is sold in megawatt hours, it's also produced that way. You're saying a sticker says a car gets 30 Mpg, and I'm saying when it's actually running its only getting 18.

I'm not "mixing sales" and actual production. This is energy markets 101. I'm merely making the distinction between a car sticker showing 50 mpg vs the same car traveling 10 miles. You seem to be unable to differentiate between these two measurements, one of energy output vs another of power generation capacity.

I was never confused on capacity factors or load carrying capabilities. I'm not sure why you're stuck on that.

Maybe in solar the generator produces more than nameplate, but I'd guess that's more with rigging the numbers. Especially if they're only 25 % efficient.

Really? You're obviously confused here. 25% efficiency has nothing to do with the instantaneous production capacity of a (MW) a solar, wind, ethanol, combustible coal, etc generator.

A 1MW solar project can produce 1MW of power at a given point in ideal conditions. The 25% efficiency means it generated 1 MW of power for 15 minutes in an hour long period, it provided a total of 0.25 MWh for consumption.

MW =/= MWh

I'm actually surprised we have to go through this exercise.

Companies dump money in inefficient power plants all the time, and yes they do have green power mandates or incentives which ever you choose to call it.
Right here on the Ohio river an underwater turbine is being built right now that's going to produce a max of 50mW, for a cool 1.5 to 2 billion dollars. That is absolutely insane, the company I work for is building a 1000mw combined cycle for 1.2 billion. Tell me which seems the better option for the buck?

I never said they didn't have renewable mandates. I've actually said the opposite, numerous times. I did say that the mandates doesn't exist in the form of installed capacity. Instead they're in the form of energy production.

Nor did I say companies don't dump money into "inefficient" power plants. Not sure where you conjured that.

And the underwater turbines on the Ohio will cost $500M for 100MW. That's relatively high for installation costs compared to other sources but you have to consider that most of hydro's costs are upfront capex, and the LCOE should be equal or lower than conventional combustion plants, depending on the length of time in operations, because Ohio River water is free. If your new Combined Cycle generator has CCS it, the energy produced will more than likely be more expensive ($100/MWh) than that of the hydro deal ($83/MWh).

If I linked the wrong hydro project, please share the term sheet and project specifics of your $2M, 50MW underwater turbine.

Lastly, even if the hydro project is more costly, it's being built to satisfy energy GENERATION requirements (not capacity, but % of energy produced out of total energy portfolio) enacted by your local government.

Last edited:
What is the over/under for how many days it will be before Trump blurts something out that he heard in a classified briefing? I say "5" is the number.

I took it as Ryan saying it was racist, but obviously he is wrong as Mexican isn't a race. That should tell you the state of left in this country you embrace. That the mere mention from the media that someone is racist throws them into hysterical fits.

Mexican is no more a race than American is, it's science Z. Don't you trust science, or just the parts your beloved party endorses?

Reactions: ymmot31
Operation Pimp Trump was the greatest operation in political history. Democrats across the country fanned out and voted for Trump to screw up the Republican Primary thereby handing the Republicans a totally unacceptable candidate in key states. Now they are in ruins and facing a massive landslide. Their party is facing demographic irrelevance. Young people in droves find them totally unappealing and decidedly not cool. They are effectively from now going forward reduced to a small local regional party.

I have months to gloat. Years. My dearest and most mortal enemy lies in ruins before me. I am giddy while dancing on their grave. I have planted the flag to the hilt in their smoldering carcasses. Total victory is assured.

We baited the hook and you chumps swallowed it whole. Now we sit back and watch you choke on it.

Reactions: jameslee32
What is the over/under for how many days it will be before Trump blurts something out that he heard in a classified briefing? I say "5" is the number.

I'm not a Trump guy but i say "never" on that one. He'll say a bunch of dumb off the cuff stuff that he shouldn't say…and probably offend a whole lot of PC people…and offend other people that aren't so PC…but he won't blurt out classified stuff.

On the other hand…which candidate already has a history of sending/receiving emails from/on their personal account that contained classified material?

Trust in Hillary!

Reactions: mdlUK.1 and ymmot31
Operation Pimp Trump was the greatest operation in political history. Democrats across the country fanned out and voted for Trump to screw up the Republican Primary thereby handing the Republicans a totally unacceptable candidate in key states. Now they are in ruins and facing a massive landslide. Their party is facing demographic irrelevance. Young people in droves find them totally unappealing and decidedly not cool. They are effectively from now going forward reduced to a small local regional party.

I have months to gloat. Years. My dearest and most mortal enemy lies in ruins before me. I am giddy while dancing on their grave. I have planted the flag to the hilt in their smoldering carcasses. Total victory is assured.

We baited the hook and you chumps swallowed it whole. Now we sit back and watch you choke on it.

Z, I gotta give you credit, that monologue was pretty impressive.

Nah, Libertarians will take over the party eventually...of course your free to still give up all your paycheck in taxes to things you have no say in. Detroit looks fabulous with all that spending.

Obamas fast and furious operation thats killed probably no telling how many mexicans = not racist.

Trump says some people coming out of mexico are bad = racist.

No wonder this nation is screwed up.

The White House announced on Jan. 17, a day after the prisoner exchange, it was releasing $400 million in funds frozen since 1981, plus $1.3 billion in interest owed to Iran. The remaining interest has since been fully paid from the U.S. Treasury-administered Judgment Fund, according to a U.S. official.

The funds were part of a trust fund Iran used before its 1979 Islamic Revolution to buy U.S. military equipment that was tied up for decades in litigation at the tribunal.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kerry-defends-400-million-payment-iran-says-u-154121585.html

So again, how can Iran's own money be considered ransom?

Reactions: jameslee32
The White House announced on Jan. 17, a day after the prisoner exchange, it was releasing $400 million in funds frozen since 1981, plus $1.3 billion in interest owed to Iran. The remaining interest has since been fully paid from the U.S. Treasury-administered Judgment Fund, according to a U.S. official.

The funds were part of a trust fund Iran used before its 1979 Islamic Revolution to buy U.S. military equipment that was tied up for decades in litigation at the tribunal.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kerry-defends-400-million-payment-iran-says-u-154121585.html

Z, First of all that story is a lie. The Iranians at that point had the 400 mill ransom, and it's pretty obvious with the way the Govt released the info, that it was ransom.
The deal the US made was with the Iranian Govt that was overthrown. The new Govt had no right to money already paid, especially after turning hostile toward us. Which is why no President before Obama gave it back.

Iran won the standoff with us, we gave in to their wishes, we paid ransom for hostages and Obama once again relinquished US leverage.

Besides being a sideshow act, you're worthless.

Hillary opening up double digit leads all over the place. I think we can safely now say the Senate will tip back to the Dems (and the a-hole Schumer will be leader), but do we think the House falls as well? What do you think?

Hillary opening up double digit leads all over the place. I think we can safely now say the Senate will tip back to the Dems (and the a-hole Schumer will be leader), but do we think the House falls as well? What do you think?
I don't even think Hillary wins, because the polls are doctored and because the future wikileaks will be devastating. As for the Senate and the House, the more incumbent rascals from either party lose, the better. I realize that you have a lot of confident in the polls; my retort is Brexit.

So lucky.

I can't believe people still believe in polls lol. There are tons of examples of polls that were wrong, but some people still eat them up.

Even if polls were accurate, we are still 4 months til the election. A ton of shit between now and then will happen. Being ahead in August means nothing.

Reactions: P19978
Doesn't matter if the polls are accurate. It's the social conformity issue we discussed prior. The same thing that ensured her rigged election vs bernie.

Anyone who doesn't admit that 400 million was ransom just has their head in the sand, is a partisan cheerleader, or both.

Then we piled another billion on top of that for good measure. Obama - world class negotiator lol.

So? Just because Ryan is kissing ass and misusing the term racist doesn't make what he said racist. It may have been distasteful, but the truth often is.

Exactly. Saying "so and so agrees with me" does not make it so. It was dumb. But not racist.

Obama saying the election won't be rigged makes me feel confident that it will be rigged.

Especially if he said "let me be clear" just prior. That's a dead giveaway he's about to lie

Funny how quickly things turn. Just a few days ago Trump had pulled ahead and Dems were panicked. Now it's over.....

Funny how quickly things turn. Just a few days ago Trump had pulled ahead and Dems were panicked. Now it's over.....
Do you not find that coincidental? As soon as Trump gains ground even after the DNC the media starts shucking out polls that show Hillary making a 16 point turnaround lol. Come on now people.

Reactions: YourPublicEnemy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT