POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The U.S. Census Bureau must adhere to the 1997 Office of Management and Budget (OMB) standards on race and ethnicity which guide the Census Bureau in classifying written responses to the race question:

White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.

Black or African American – A person having origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa.

American Indian or Alaska Native – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America) and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.

Asian – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.

The 1997 OMB standards permit the reporting of more than one race. An individual’s response to the race question is based upon self-identification.

Do you have to be so touching stupid on everything? Its painful. Just one time, have an opinion or thought that is somewhat based in fact/reality.
Where is Mexican? Are blacks born in France called African Americans? What about Irish Americans? Are they not Caucasian?

I know about the bleeding heart liberal crap with their pc names, spare me.

The SJWs are the most loathsome, despicable, rabid haters in America today, bar none, and there is absolutely nothing at all inconsistent with Christians despising these people. They are rabidly anti-white, anti-male, anti-heterosexual, and anti-cis. They are not concerned with social justice, but, rather, with Cultural Marxism. Given political power, they would make the more radical Jacobins look like Quakers. These are not your nice, naïve liberals, and not even your hardcore Bernie supporters. They are radicals, the hardcore 5% of that 10% of America that is Far Left.

You don't know many SJWs, do you?

this is very odd stuff.

No one thought that from the get-go. No one thought it was for humanitarian issues. The issue is that the uninsured were costing too much for the insured. In order to recoup costs from the uninsured, companies would take from insured. Basic business principles. There were other costs as well, but the uninsured were costing too much not only monetarily, but drains everywhere else. This is actually a republican idea, to make people pay for it. It just didnt end up the way it was supposed to from the start. Everything we do is based in economics.

Seriously, dude, you need to stop for a few days, from the African Americans to not a race, to copying and pasting the comment sections and getting busted, just lay off for a few days.
False. We were told it just wasn't right that some people didn't have insurance. O'bama care has not brought costs down for the insured. Any idiot, even you, should have known that forcing companies to insure people with existing conditions is counter-intuitive to the concept of insurance.

I never said our country is doomed because of one party. They are both the same with the exception of a couple of buzz topics here and there. I think the last 16 years have provided us with two of the worst presidents of my lifetime. I'm including Carter.

Also, I didn't "get busted" for copying and pasting comment section remarks. I admitted to it and laughed about it. I know Mime and I knew it would set him off on a mission. No big deal, just having fun with the material I'm given.

I don't have an issue with it, but I think it's hippocritical. How is labeling any different than being bigoted? You use it as a derogatory manner, how is that any different than calling someone a wetback, Kike, chink, cracker,coon, fag or any other derogatory names?
You know the difference Bill. They're talking about white people and that is acceptable under PC law.

When you hear the term Megawatt, it's implied megawatt hours.

No it's not, or at least not outside of the bubble at your place of employment. They're two different measures differentiating power generation at a given point vs energy consumed over a period of time.

Do you ask people how long it takes them to travel 30 mph?

They will never, ever reach that because that would be 100% efficient which is impossible
The best I've ever seen is bouncing at 100mw at 4 degrees ambient. Today they were at approx 75 Mw.

This isn't relevant to the discussion. Sounds like your beef is with the current manufacturing methodology of calculating capacity.

Plus, generators have the ability to operate above nameplate capacity. Happens all the time.

I understand you're relaying the capacity installed the way the industry does, but what I'm saying is that a large part of it fluff, just to say they meet a quota from the Govt.

What? No, not in the least. State RPS mandate a target % of energy production from renewable sources and technologies, not installed capacity. No one is just going to construct a plant only to have it idle to meet any kind of mandate. Who would buy it even with ITC? No one. Plant and project owners will only purchase (or develop and manage) with an offtaker in place and PPA in hand. It's virtually impossible to finance a deal otherwise unless you're just a horribly mismanaged IPP/utility.

Just the fact that you are confused on the concept of grid parity leads me to believe you're not intimately familiar with RPS guidelines.

We're DCS recovery site, if a big plant trips somewhere we have to be full load in 15 min or less. We also have fogging skids that will get you 3-5 more Mw depending on humidity. They don't work, they're junk yet they still claim them if the skid will power up due to Govt mandates on back up generation.

If a renewable back up generator is not producing energy, it's not factored into RPS. Mandates on back-up generation have nothing to do with installed capacity, rather the ability to fulfill demand given load carrying capabilities.

The same goes for a large portion of Green power. The Govt mandates you have x amount of capacity, so companies pay out the ass for it or the new generation which in turn gets put on the customers. It's a big shell game.

Once again, false. There is no mandate for installed capacity, rather the ability to meet demand if talking about back-up generation guidelines, or actual energy production output mix derived from renewable sources if talking RPS.

The short term increase in energy cost is offset and eclipsed by the short term decrease in health and national security costs when reducing conventional fuel sources, plus the long term savings realized when employing renewables with little to no input costs. There's a reason all 1st world powers with means are investing billions to advance renewable energy production and technology, and it goes far beyond "climate change" (although national security concerns and impact from climate change go hand in hand).

Last edited:
Reactions: -LEK- and Levibooty
No one thought that from the get-go. No one thought it was for humanitarian issues. The issue is that the uninsured were costing too much for the insured. In order to recoup costs from the uninsured, companies would take from insured. Basic business principles. There were other costs as well, but the uninsured were costing too much not only monetarily, but drains everywhere else. This is actually a republican idea, to make people pay for it. It just didnt end up the way it was supposed to from the start. Everything we do is based in economics.

Seriously, dude, you need to stop for a few days, from the African Americans to not a race, to copying and pasting the comment sections and getting busted, just lay off for a few days.

I know your going to just call for facts on the following claims but whatever:

Your post is derived from bad business. Your right about the idea of fixing cost to uninsured.......but it was flawed from jump because businesses were looking for ways out of health insurance except for the large companies. Part of what you said is accurate to their case too, but think about that.......businesses in the private sector couldn't profit so the govt wanted to take it over?

Um false! And just another reason why we need a business man on top of our hierarchy and not a politician that can con the country into bad BS decisions that screw our country.

Let those in the private sector lose and go under. But to create yet another drain on our taxpayers is a terrible decision.

But it was made because we have so many bad streams of revenue that one more is just another stream of money in without consideration of the costs. Same deal with student loans now that they are under govt control we have the highest default rates ever(by percentage not just shear quantity).

Bad bad decisions.

Reactions: -LEK-
Im not worried about their feelings. Only ones getting emotional are you guys. Its just funny watching you spin bigotry.

Look, every candidate has good and bad things. Pretty much sums it up. You dont have defend the bad things. Even most republicans thought it was BS with the Khan ordeal. Ryan opposes Trumps bigotry. Its ok to know that every politician doesnt define you completely. We are complex. Liking Trump doesnt mean you have to like his bigotry. Pretty simple really.
The leadership of their own Republican party called Trump's remarks on the "Mexican" judge "the textbook definition of racism" as well as half the Republican party and yet our resident knuckle draggers in here want to keep arguing the point.

Huge epic landslide is on the way.

An Electoral College map released Thursday from the University of Virginia Center for Politics projected Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clintonwinning the November election by a landslide.

UVA altered its map to reflect recent changes in the likely political leanings of certain states, but Clinton still easily came out on top.

Larry Sabato, the director of the UVA Center for Politics, described what he said made the map different from most polls, which reflect the more fickle tendencies of the electorate. The UVA electoral map focused on "the electoral fundamentals and fixed elements of politics that predetermine most votes, especially partisanship, demographics, and strong forces shaping the political landscape."

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/...on-is-on-track-for-a-blowout-win-in/21445111/

I absolutely am convinced Trump will quit. He will not allow himself the humiliation of enduring this kind of defeat. He will negotiate a sweet deal with the Republican party where he gets to pocket all the campaign money (he already has that setup by funneling it all through his businesses he has repeatedly billed at premium rates to his own companies) and move on to setting up his own TV network backed by Russian money.

There is no question this will happen. You are blind if you can't see it.

Z, enough is enough.

Your f'n blind if you can't see the shit show coming from a damn Hillary presidency. Seriously get your head out of your ass just to see democrats win

I give 0 F's about trump or his flaws, but America might as well be considered the United minorities of the world because that is what the truth will be. More shit wages because we will be competing with child labor........more terrorism in our own country and more corporations getting the F out dodge.

Hope that makes you proud

Reactions: allabouttheUK
To our resident knuckle dragging Trumplings that keep claiming the fix is in, how exactly does that work since each individual states run their own elections? How exactly does the Federal Government go down and run Texas' election and cheat for Hillary? Please explain the mechanism for "rigging" the election?

The President just openly mocked this in a press conference and everyone had a good laugh at Trump, but it's refreshing to know we still have neanderthals in here buying into and tearing down yet another institution in order to propagate their internal delusions.

Can't trust the press.
Can't trust science.
Can't trust Congress.
Can't trust the Supreme Court.
Can't trust the Democrats.
Can't trust your own party, the Republicans.
Can't trust the elections.

Seriously, you clowns don't need to be slapping each other's backs, you need a mental intervention of some profound clinical type. Possibly involving large doses of electricity and Indians throwing water coolers through windows.

The leadership of their own Republican party called Trump's remarks on the "Mexican" judge "the textbook definition of racism" as well as half the Republican party and yet our resident knuckle draggers in here want to keep arguing the point.
If by leadership you mean "scorned Republican primary losers" then yeah...you hit it right on the head lol. I'm sure Bush, Cruz and Kasich were real objective to everything Trump has said.

If by leadership you mean "scorned Republican primary losers" then yeah...you hit it right on the head lol. I'm sure Bush, Cruz and Kasich were real objective to everything Trump has said.
Yeah, only Paul Ryan said that and he didn't run so there goes that pesky little thing called "reality" biting you on the ass again.

Reactions: Levibooty
Yeah, only Paul Ryan said that and he didn't run so there goes that pesky little thing called "reality" biting you on the ass again.
Ryan said that saying a person cannot do their job because of their race is the definition of racism. Trump said that he believed the judge was impartial to him because of his policy of building he wall and the judge being from Mexico. Was it a smart statement about a federal judge? No. Was it racist? No.

Racism is however such as when the BLM movement tapes white persons hands together and their mouths and writes "white privilege" on their shirts. That is grouping an entire race into a category based on a few ignorant persons. BLM is racist.

Is Hillary racist for calling young black men super predators? I'm guessing you have an excuse for that just like everything else. Reality will bite you on the ass when Hillary still ends up losing this thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior-cat
Ryan said that saying a person cannot do their job because of their race is the definition of racism. Trump said that he believed the judge was impartial to him because of his policy of building he wall and the judge being from Mexico. Was it a smart statement about a federal judge? No. Was it racist? No.

Racism is however such as when the BLM movement tapes white persons hands together and their mouths and writes "white privilege" on their shirts. That is grouping an entire race into a category based on a few ignorant persons. BLM is racist.

Is Hillary racist for calling young black men super predators? I'm guessing you have an excuse for that just like everything else. Reality will bite you on the ass when Hillary still ends up losing this thing.
No. You are confused. Paul Ryan specifically and unequivocally called Trump's remarks on the "Mexican" judge racist. Point blank. Not couched or alluding to racism... flat-out racist.

WASHINGTON — Speaker Paul D. Ryan, the nation’s highest-ranking Republican, on Tuesday called Donald J. Trump’s remarks about a Latino judge “racist,” an extraordinary indictment that generated a fresh wave of criticism and panic from other Republicans. By the end of the day, Mr. Trump was forced into a rare moment of damage control and said that his words had been “misconstrued.”

Mr. Trump, who said last week that a Mexican-American judge in a case involving Trump University was biased against him because of his heritage,issued a statement Tuesday saying, “I do not feel that one’s heritage makes them incapable of being impartial.” He added that he was simply questioning whether he was receiving a fair trial, but he did not apologize for his remarks, something many Republicans had urged him to do.

Mr. Ryan said Mr. Trump’s criticism of the judge, Gonzalo P. Curiel of United States District Court, was “the textbook definition of a racist comment.” But Mr. Ryan also reiterated his support for Mr. Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/us/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-gonzalo-curiel.html?_r=0

So please find something else to be confused or paranoid about. Your own party called Trump racist so there simply is no question Trump has made racist remarks. None. Find another topic.

No it's not, or at least not outside of the bubble at your place of employment. They're two different measures differentiating power generation at a given point vs energy consumed over a period of time.

Do you ask people how long it takes them to travel 30 mph?

This isn't relevant to the discussion. Sounds like your beef is with the current manufacturing methodology of calculating capacity.

Plus, generators have the ability to operate above nameplate capacity. Happens all the time.

What? No, not in the least. State RPS mandate a target % of energy production from renewable sources and technologies, not installed capacity. No one is just going to construct a plant only to have it idle to meet any kind of mandate. Who would buy it even with ITC? No one. Plant and project owners will only purchase (or develop and manage) with an offtaker in place and PPA in hand. It's virtually impossible to finance a deal otherwise unless you're just a horribly mismanaged IPP/utility.

Just the fact that you are confused on the concept of grid parity leads me to believe you're not well versed with RPS.

If a renewable back up generator is not producing energy, it's not factored into RPS. Mandates on back-up generation have nothing to do with installed capacity, rather the ability to fulfill demand given load carrying capabilities.

Once again, false. There is no mandate for installed capacity, rather the ability to meet demand if talking about back-up generation guidelines, or actual energy production output mix derived from renewable sources if talking RPS.

The short term increase in energy cost is offset and eclipsed by the short term decrease in health and national security costs when reducing conventional fuel sources, plus the long term savings realized when employing renewables with little to no input costs. There's a reason all 1st world powers with means are investing billions to advance renewable energy production and technology, and it goes far beyond "climate change" (although national security concerns and impact from climate change go hand in hand).

Are you a salesman? Serious question, it seems you know the best possible scenario but not how the grid works where the rubber meets the road.
You're mixing sales, and actual production. I know that power is sold in megawatt hours, it's also produced that way. You're saying a sticker says a car gets 30 Mpg, and I'm saying when it's actually running its only getting 18.
Maybe in solar the generator produces more than nameplate, but I'd guess that's more with rigging the numbers. Especially if they're only 25 % efficient.
I've never seen a generator anywhere make more power than the nameplate.

Companies dump money in inefficient power plants all the time, and yes they do have green power mandates or incentives which ever you choose to call it.
Right here on the Ohio river an underwater turbine is being built right now that's going to produce a max of 50mW, for a cool 1.5 to 2 billion dollars. That is absolutely insane, the company I work for is building a 1000mw combined cycle for 1.2 billion. Tell me which seems the better option for the buck?

Reactions: ymmot31
I've posted on these boards for many many years, and never have I put someone on ignore. Even if I don't agree with someone, I always think you can learn something from those who carry a different opinion.

Z just went on ignore. The name calling, the belittling and the BS just isn't worth the very occasional tidbit of value he posts occasionally. Someone let me know if he cleans up his act.

No. You are confused. Paul Ryan specifically and unequivocally called Trump's remarks on the "Mexican" judge racist. Point blank. Not couched or alluding to racism... flat-out racist.

WASHINGTON — Speaker Paul D. Ryan, the nation’s highest-ranking Republican, on Tuesday called Donald J. Trump’s remarks about a Latino judge “racist,” an extraordinary indictment that generated a fresh wave of criticism and panic from other Republicans. By the end of the day, Mr. Trump was forced into a rare moment of damage control and said that his words had been “misconstrued.”

Mr. Trump, who said last week that a Mexican-American judge in a case involving Trump University was biased against him because of his heritage,issued a statement Tuesday saying, “I do not feel that one’s heritage makes them incapable of being impartial.” He added that he was simply questioning whether he was receiving a fair trial, but he did not apologize for his remarks, something many Republicans had urged him to do.

Mr. Ryan said Mr. Trump’s criticism of the judge, Gonzalo P. Curiel of United States District Court, was “the textbook definition of a racist comment.” But Mr. Ryan also reiterated his support for Mr. Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/us/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-gonzalo-curiel.html?_r=0

So please find something else to be confused or paranoid about. Your own party called Trump racist so there simply is no question Trump has made racist remarks. None. Find another topic.
Nowhere did that article show his full quote in context. They pulled selective pieces put to paint a picture. Here is the exact quote:

"Claiming a person can't do their job because of their race is sort of like the textbook definition of a racist comment," Ryan said at a press conference in Washington Tuesday to unveil a new anti-poverty plan. "If you say something that's wrong, I think the mature and responsible thing is to acknowledge it."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/paul-ryan-trump-judge-223991

Once again...you try to misinform to pass your agenda.

Z just went on ignore. The name calling, the belittling and the BS just isn't worth the very occasional tidbit of value he posts occasionally. Someone let me know if he cleans up his act.[/QUOTE
]
When? What year and under which username?

So? Just because Ryan is kissing ass and misusing the term racist doesn't make what he said racist. It may have been distasteful, but the truth often is.

I've posted on these boards for many many years, and never have I put someone on ignore. Even if I don't agree with someone, I always think you can learn something from those who carry a different opinion.

Z just went on ignore. The name calling, the belittling and the BS just isn't worth the very occasional tidbit of value he posts occasionally. Someone let me know if he cleans up his act.
I did the same, probably around the same time you posted this. Enough is enough. If he had been a consistent poster for one side or the other, that's one thing, but, in his case, he's trolling all over the map. He's more interested in getting a rise than engaging in discourse. Therefore, blocked!

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
That was so dramatic of an annoucement by WettCat. I'm happy he has a safe space with which to conduct his online commentary in The Paddock because we know The Paddock is a bastion of safe, friendly, uncontroversial pedestrian vanilla statements where nothing is ever contentious. I am happy WettCat sacrificed himself for all of us to bring a little humility to us. To show, by his sacrifice, that the rest of us should be shamed for our actions.

I cried when he put me on ignore. I felt ashamed. To think I am depriving him of my words because of my own careless actions. How could I ever hope to make up for it? What could I do to right this terrible wrong?

Needless to say this shall be a sleepless night. To know WettCat is out there... somewhere... not reading my posts. It's as if a part of me has died. I can find no words to adequately express my shame. I can only hope... pray even... that some day I can earn back his trust and until that day I will be less of a man because of it.

Reactions: -LEK-
So? Just because Ryan is kissing ass and misusing the term racist doesn't make what he said racist. It may have been distasteful, but the truth often is.
Ryan's a cuck, and he fails to understand that the left doesn't give brownie points when a conservative tries to play their game. Well, anyway, here's hoping that he get primaried, unlikely as it may be.

Are you a salesman? Serious question, it seems you know the best possible scenario but not how the grid works where the rubber meets the road.
You're mixing sales, and actual production. I know that power is sold in megawatt hours, it's also produced that way. You're saying a sticker says a car gets 30 Mpg, and I'm saying when it's actually running its only getting 18.
Maybe in solar the generator produces more than nameplate, but I'd guess that's more with rigging the numbers. Especially if they're only 25 % efficient.
I've never seen a generator anywhere make more power than the nameplate.

Companies dump money in inefficient power plants all the time, and yes they do have green power mandates or incentives which ever you choose to call it.
Right here on the Ohio river an underwater turbine is being built right now that's going to produce a max of 50mW, for a cool 1.5 to 2 billion dollars. That is absolutely insane, the company I work for is building a 1000mw combined cycle for 1.2 billion. Tell me which seems the better option for the buck?

Standby generators do not have an overload capacity but most of the prime power sets I've seen have 110% capacity for short durations.

That was so dramatic of an annoucement by WettCat. I'm happy he has a safe space with which to conduct his online commentary in The Paddock because we know The Paddock is a bastion of safe, friendly, uncontroversial pedestrian vanilla statements where nothing is ever contentious. I am happy WettCat sacrificed himself for all of us to bring a little humility to us. To show, by his sacrifice, that the rest of us should be shamed for our actions.

I cried when he put me on ignore. I felt ashamed. To think I am depriving him of my words because of my own careless actions. How could I ever hope to make up for it? What could I do to right this terrible wrong?

Needless to say this shall be a sleepless night. To know WettCat is out there... somewhere... not reading my posts. It's as if a part of me has died. I can find no words to adequately express my shame. I can only hope... pray even... that some day I can earn back his trust and until that day I will be less of a man because of it.
I didn't read any of that.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Nowhere did that article show his full quote in context. They pulled selective pieces put to paint a picture. Here is the exact quote:

"Claiming a person can't do their job because of their race is sort of like the textbook definition of a racist comment," Ryan said at a press conference in Washington Tuesday to unveil a new anti-poverty plan. "If you say something that's wrong, I think the mature and responsible thing is to acknowledge it."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/paul-ryan-trump-judge-223991

Once again...you try to misinform to pass your agenda.
That's an interesting take. So if you tell someone the exact words they used are racist, then you are not calling them racist you are simply saying their words are racist. As if they appeared magically and you are not responsible for them.

I get it. Paul Ryan didn't say Trump was racist, he said the exact words that came out of Trump's mouth were the textbook definition of racist because he felt those words operated on their own independently. That they were just floating around out there and Paul wanted to randomly call those words racist and not the individual speaking them racist.

I'm glad you pointed that out. I have to admit I never thought of it that way.

It's not racist because he didn't say that he "couldn't" do his job, he insinuated that he "wouldn't" do his job. There is a difference there that you can't admit to understanding. I understand.

Who the hell cares what Paul Ryan thinks? 4 years ago you libs hated his guts but now you're gloating over something he said.

Obama's response on stealing the election was classic. Coming from the party that says Bush stole Florida.

BTW, Obama is supposed to be some great speaker. I almost fell asleep watching that. Votes are stolen in large cities all over the US. Mainly lack of ID's allowing people to vote multiple times.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjxkq3N86jOAhWDQCYKHe1-DksQFggkMAE&url=http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/20121112_In_59_Philadelphia_voting_wards__Mitt_Romney_got_zero_votes.html&usg=AFQjCNH9Stla_h4j9kdRr8OkwNrHPMWXnw&bvm=bv.128617741,d.eWE
Obama saying the election won't be rigged makes me feel confident that it will be rigged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT