POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you not find that coincidental? As soon as Trump gains ground even after the DNC the media starts shucking out polls that show Hillary making a 16 point turnaround lol. Come on now people.

I was curious how Trump was up in the polls after the RNC and now it's just "over."

Our nation deserves the worst if we elect Hillary after Obama. It just shows you that it doesn't matter what you do. As long as you're a Democrat, the sheep will follow and the media will be your puppets and attack dogs.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I was curious how Trump was up in the polls after the RNC and now it's just "over."

Our nation deserves the worst if we elect Hillary after Obama. It just shows you that it doesn't matter what you do. As long as you're a Democrat, the sheep will follow and the media will be your puppets and attack dogs.

Media is the key. If they spent half as much time on all of hillarys baggage as they do on whether nor not trump used a fork to eat fried chicken; the election would already be over

Reactions: KyFaninNC
It's not actually over. But that perception, which is being painted by the msm, is extremely dangerous.
I don't think Trump supporters will be dumb enough to buy it. It could effect people on the fence though which would be bad. The media wants people to think its over.

Media is the key. If they spent half as much time on all of hillarys baggage as they do on whether nor not trump used a fork to eat fried chicken; the election would already be over
Obama ate a f****** dog but we need to know how Trump eats chicken? Media is criminal.

Hillary can't fill up gyms while Trump has to stop letting people into his events because of the insane amount of people who show up. But Hillary is up and the election is over? I call BS.

You're a professional SJW?

giphy.gif

Reactions: ymmot31
Even if polls were accurate, we are still 4 months til the election. A ton of shit between now and then will happen. Being ahead in August means nothing.

It's hard to take anyone so serious when they can't count (on one hand) how many months there are until the election...

But yes, a lot can happen within the last three months before the election...like more Republicans publically saying they cannot support Trump, the likely hood the House projects to be tilting to the Dems, the media starts to discuss who Hillary will be nominating to the Supreme Court...lots of things.

Reactions: ShoesSwayedBlue
I don't even think Hillary wins, because the polls are doctored and because the future wikileaks will be devastating. As for the Senate and the House, the more incumbent rascals from either party lose, the better. I realize that you have a lot of confident in the polls; my retort is Brexit.

This is like Groundhog's Day...same comments from 4 and 8 years ago. The polls are cooked by the media. 4 years ago was the best with our friend Dean Chambers. He gave us the "real" polls and a lots of our friends on here were celebrating this bold guy for finally telling the truth...FINALLY

unskewed.jpeg

But yes you are correct in that polls can be sketchy...some are better than others. With regards to Brexit, the post mortem was mainly around the online polls were way more accurate than other polls. The online polls offered more annominity to respondants. Luckily, most pollsters here take such information to further refine their polls.

I don't think the good reliable polls are flawed. It's the media bias that plays a gigantic role.

The difference this year is the closet trump supporters. If it's polling close in November, he'll win.

Where is Mexican? Are blacks born in France called African Americans? What about Irish Americans? Are they not Caucasian?

I know about the bleeding heart liberal crap with their pc names, spare me.
You said African Americans werent a race, and called anyone an idiot who thought so. I mean, good lord, its in the very definition and standards we use for everything, including the census. No amount of babbling or name calling will make it otherwise. No matter how many times you yell at the equation 2+2=4, its always 4. You can call the equation liberal or pc, but its the same no matter what. The solution is always 4. You cant qualify quantitative data like that (I know you dont know that means).

Your only retort is, nu uh, ur dumb. We live in a world were, as adults, facts should dictate our decisions. For example, AA being a race is pretty simple and easily defined by a certain standard, but this is why people dont take you seriously or respect your opinions (well, the other stuff too). You can only shout nu-uh for so long, and get bashed with facts.

Reactions: Supreme Lord Z
False. We were told it just wasn't right that some people didn't have insurance. O'bama care has not brought costs down for the insured. Any idiot, even you, should have known that forcing companies to insure people with existing conditions is counter-intuitive to the concept of insurance.

I never said our country is doomed because of one party. They are both the same with the exception of a couple of buzz topics here and there. I think the last 16 years have provided us with two of the worst presidents of my lifetime. I'm including Carter.

Also, I didn't "get busted" for copying and pasting comment section remarks. I admitted to it and laughed about it. I know Mime and I knew it would set him off on a mission. No big deal, just having fun with the material I'm given.
You created a straw man argument. No one, I mean no one believed economics wasnt the main issue. And, your statement about forcing companies is asinine, the rest of the world insures their populace just fine. Our health care is a mess. So, your statement is more bs not backed in reality.

The World Health has us at 37 best, not number 1. Well we were number 1 in overspending. We are America, we are supposed to be number 1 in everything. It makes me angry. We live in the greatest country in the world, we should have the best health care.

Touching Costa Rica has better Health Insurance than us. Its not hard to create a tier system that people can be afforded the most basic elements of health care.

Nothing objective has meaning to them. They have constructed their own little universe and within it Donald Trump is the white knight... not some fat bulbous bullshit artist that doesn't know enough about policy to string together a complete rational sentence on any relevant political topic.

I can't wait for his debate answers:

We're going to have the most unbelievable economy ever! Nobody knows as much as I do about the economy! You're going to have so many jobs that people will get sick of it. You better believe it.

Our military is going to be great. People don't respect us, folks. Everybody says that. We don't win anymore, seriously. But that's going to change. When I win then we are going to win so much that you are going to get sick of winning. You'll say "Please Mr. Trump, we can't take any more winning!

Our laws are broken, folks. We gotta' enforce the laws. I will be so tough on crime that it will be unbelievable! When I take office things are going to change. You better believe that, folks.

These trade deals were made by stupid people. Everybody says that. I am going to build a wall. A big huge giant terrific wall. And it just got 10 feet taller while I was standing here. And you know who is going to pay for it.... MEXICO!

Touching Costa Rica has better Health Insurance than us. Its not hard to create a tier system that people can be afforded the most basic elements of health care.
Anyone that hasn't watched "Sicko" needs to watch it. Ignore that it is from Michael Moore. Just take it all in and absorb the different between us and, well, everyone else. We are a laughing stock when it comes to healthcare in this country.

They don't believe in anything. This is one of the best articles I've read in a long time that attempts to explain the de-evolution of the GOP:

At first, the assault on government worked, at least electorally. Just as the Gingrich strategy brought, in 1994, the first Republican majority in the House in 40 years, the Young Guns and establishment leaders’ strategy resulted in a huge Republican majority in the House in 2010 and then a Republican majority in the Senate, and gains to solidify the House majority in 2014.

But the risks of the cynical game were becoming apparent. To the populist Tea Party voters whose anger had carried the GOP to those majorities, the promises made to them by these leaders — that Republican majorities in the House and Senate could bring Barack Obama to his knees, repeal Obamacare and Dodd-Frank, and blow up government as we knew it — were starting to appear hollow. Whether through weakness or perfidy, the Republican establishment, by stirring up the base and fomenting rage among its voters, did betray the trust given it by those voters.

At the same time, having worked to demonize the president as illegitimate and not loyal to America or American values, every subsequent compromise made by GOP leaders to keep the government open or to pass policy was by definition working with the enemy.

All these forces created a massive backlash against the Republican Party leadership. From the beginning stages of the presidential nomination process for 2016, 60 to 70 percent of Republicans in polls opted for insurgent or outsider candidates, with 20 percent or less for insiders and establishment figures. In the end, the only two viable contenders were Ted Cruz, whose calling card was calling his own leader, Mitch McConnell, a liar on the Senate floor — and Donald Trump.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/18/12210500/diagnosed-dysfunction-republican-party

Anyone that hasn't watched "Sicko" needs to watch it. Ignore that it is from Michael Moore. Just take it all in and absorb the different between us and, well, everyone else. We are a laughing stock when it comes to healthcare in this country.

I'm currently writing a movie called "Fatso". It's about how 70% of fat Americans complain about insurance while not holding themselves accountable for their part in the astronomic hike in rates. Hoping it gets an Oscar. Brad Pitt will being playing me.

Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, Reince Prebus... none of the Wisconsin names are appearing with Trump today in Green Bay. They are treating him like he has the plague.

No sane person reads all of his posts. I've never seen someone say so many words without saying anything noteworthy.
Once he goes over a paragraph, I quit reading. It has been my experience that people who continue to ramble on are just trying to convince themselves of the point they are trying to push.

Why are you afraid of information? Just watch Sicko and see if it informs your opinions on our healthcare system compared to everyone else's. You can still hate Moore afterwards.

Serious question, Trump supporters:

Let's set aside the talk of bigotry, sexism, Putin, immigration and muslims for just one second.

Does it not at all worry that Trump has said in the past that he won't take nukes off the table for the Middle East and even Europe and reportedly asked multiple times recently, "why can't we use nukes"?

And please don't respond with a question about Hillary. Let's keep it on topic.

The difference this year is the closet trump supporters. If it's polling close in November, he'll win.

I'd often thought a lot of Trump supporters were in the closet.

One poll has Trump at 31. Which is lower (IIRC) than Bush ever got to. There's speculation (and a reasonable scenario) that he'll finish 3rd. The scenario is a general meltdown by Trump and Viable Alternative Fever takes hold in the minds of lots of his supporters. Gary Johnson becomes that alternative. One day, Trump is still in the race. The next, nobody reads his Tweets. Just like rock candy coalescing around a string. Or Johnny Depp making one crap movie too many. (For those of you who don't know what rock candy is.) And, *presto change-o" the Republican Party dies.

Like I say, it's just a scenario. But when your best hope for victory is a massive terrorist strike, we're in weird territory.

You have to kind of wonder if Trump is a plant and his whole campaign is a shame. Trump is a billionaire and you don't become a billionaire by being dumb. His off-key remarks and statements wouldn't be made by a teenager running for class president let alone the republican nominee for president.

Oh and there was that little meeting between him and Bill Clinton before he announced his presidential bid.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b30bb8-3ae3-11e5-b3ac-8a79bc44e5e2_story.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...b30bb8-3ae3-11e5-b3ac-8a79bc44e5e2_story.html

I honestly think Obama thinks the Iranians are better allies to have than Russia. Something has to be triggering this little adventure he is on besides kissing Muslim ass.

I don't get it, and I don't want to. I'm honestly concerned about the truth of what Americans are being used for in this world as I read CNN stories that the saudi's are indirectly involved in 9/11 attack and we are helping them as well as other Middle East countries while burning bridges with allies.

It just seems as if this America is siding with the wrong folks. I could be wrong, who knows, but if your comfortable with the road we are on I can not say it enough you just don't understand our history.

Reactions: ymmot31
ADVERTISEMENT