POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trump cannot sign this bill. Cannot. You realize this would pay people 100 percent of their salaries for four months ? A paid four month vacation by the government for god knows how many people. Holy F this is a monstrosity you might as well move to Greece. Election? Forget it there's gonna be fraud all the way to Tokyo

Agree. He needs to veto this atrocity and announce back to work starting Monday

First of all, I don't really pay attention to the news. I get my information from the CDC and their projections. Secondly, in what world would it make sense to destroy the economy? To get Trump out of the WH, that's asinine. It's not like those of a certain political affiliation are immune from this recession. We're all being hurt from this, both physically and fiscally.

Also, enough with these Strawman arguments. First, it's the flu, and now it's abortion? I like how you become combative when you don't have actual ideals. As others have pointed out, it does seem like you are solely here to troll and not expound actual ideals. At least with the other posters that I disagree with are civil or at least appear to be so.

Lastly, most of those provisions included by the Dems are literal pennies on the dollar when compared to the overall price tag of the stimulus package. Yes, I disagree with some of the things, such as raises for those in D.C. that already make more than enough to live on; but to say that they asked for "their entire Christmas list" is one failure of an argument.

I'd like you to posit your position on why this is being exploited to tank the economy. I want to see the facts presented and not just emotion.

Cheers,

Azurricat2010
False. Bad take pennies on the dollar. When you break most things down you can say the same thing. The ignorance of post like this prove why we are in trouble.

Reactions: JRCAT14
Trump cannot sign this bill. Cannot. You realize this would pay people 100 percent of their salaries for four months ? A paid four month vacation by the government for god knows how many people. Holy F this is a monstrosity you might as well move to Greece. Election? Forget it there's gonna be fraud all the way to Tokyo

I don't think he should, but I believe he will. Already said he would. I guess Trump is now officially a politician. Guarantee he does not know everything in it. Kelly Ann Conway was just on and was unware of the provision that the 4 senators are calling an error.

Reactions: blubo
Some worry that the 68 deaths from Covid-19 in the U.S. as of March 16 will increase exponentially to 680, 6,800, 68,000, 680,000 … along with similar catastrophic patterns around the globe. Is that a realistic scenario, or bad science fiction? How can we tell at what point such a curve might stop?

The most valuable piece of information for answering those questions would be to know the current prevalence of the infection in a random sample of a population and to repeat this exercise at regular time intervals to estimate the incidence of new infections. Sadly, that’s information we don’t have.
Concerning the random sampling/testing need & repeating it at a frequency, I said that on here a week ago. Nothing new. We can't do it yet because we have to test known high incidence populations first. I suspect we'll have enough testing available to do that within the next month.

The exponential growth in cases would occur if we weren't doing anything about it - like social distancing. Deaths would follow but we're doing a lot between ventilators & test medicines to slow it. Dr. Birx discussed this very subject on the daily CV briefing earlier. She also said to expect multiple cycles of the virus starting in the Fall but we should be better prepared.

Last edited:
Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
I don't think he should, but I believe he will. Already said he would. I guess Trump is now officially a politician. Guarantee he does not know everything in it. Kelly Ann Conway was just on and was unware of the provision that the 4 senators are calling an error.
Mnuchin explained the reason for why it has to be during the daily briefing earlier. He said different states have varying unemployment systems that will result in some states payments not providing incentive to not work while others will, but to tailor the payments for each state would take an unacceptable amount of time to work out & so they're living with it in the interest of speed. So we'll see if those senators will stop the bill or leave that to Bernie to do.

What happens if the Bill gets to Trumps desk, and he just sits on it? Can he do that or does if have to sign or send back?

Relax. Your panic over the bill exceeds the panic of people over the virus.

Mnuchin explained the reason for why it has to be during the daily briefing earlier. He said different states have varying unemployment systems that will result in some states payments not providing incentive to not work while others will, but to tailor the payments for each state would take an unacceptable amount of time to work out & so they're living with it in the interest of speed. So we'll see if those senators will stop the bill or leave that to Bernie to do.

I understand that. It is not my biggest issue with the bill. I just used that as an example of someone at the WH not knowing what was in it.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
You cannot change the thinking of an ideologue. They have closed their minds to any and all evidence that suggests they are wrong. Their biggest fear is they are wrong and do not have the constitution to face it, they rather put it on ignore.

90910222_10223245454711123_2488508844485902336_n.jpg

Trump is in a no win situation. He signs it people will be upset about things that are in the bill (not saying there aren't bad things in the bill there obviously are.

He doesn't sign it and the MSM probably runs death counts on their networks blaming every death on Trump. He probably signs it because he thinks its a safer thing to do for him. And it probably is.

Not saying I like the bill as I mostly don't. But giving what I'm believing Trump thinks about it.

Doesn't matter. None of them should get a raise for a crises in which they have really done nothing to prevent or help control.
That feeling like a proud parent when @warrior-cat says something nonpartisan.
Furthermore, for them spending millions on for a 3 1/2 year false claims for impeachment.
Dashed literally the next sentence by hyper-partisan rancor.

4 months????? RIP, USA.

Trump is in a no win situation. He signs it people will be upset about things that are in the bill (not saying there aren't bad things in the bill there obviously are.

He doesn't sign it and the MSM probably runs death counts on their networks blaming every death on Trump. He probably signs it because he thinks its a safer thing to do for him. And it probably is.

Not saying I like the bill as I mostly don't. But giving what I'm believing Trump thinks about it.

Trump can't live in the world of the sick bullying media and mostly he doesn't. They're gonna hate him and call him a racist and say he wants people to die etc no matter what he does. Other RINOs really ought to learn that lesson the media is not your friend and they're not objective. They're democrats with microphones

Trump can't live in the world of the sick bullying media and mostly he doesn't. They're gonna hate him and call him a racist and say he wants people to die etc no matter what he does. Other RINOs really ought to learn that lesson the media is not your friend and they're not objective. They're democrats with microphones
F.O.S.

Seeing quite a bit of “if” talk from insiders when discussing sports this year. It may be next spring before we have anything to watch.

I agree he probably is in a no win situation, but everything he does is a no win situation with the MSM.
I know it would be difficult to do, but I wish he would veto it and highlight all the trash. Force it back to Congress at least one time. The Senate failed on this IMO.

I agree he probably is in a no win situation, but everything he does is a no win situation with the MSM.
I know it would be difficult to do, but I wish he would veto it and highlight all the trash. Force it back to Congress at least one time. The Senate failed on this IMO.
Do like Reagan did during one of his State of the Unions....Trump should have an address from the WH, take the 1400 pages of the bill....and drop them from about 3 or 4 feet onto his desk and tell the American people that they are hurting and he wanted/needed a clean bill to help workers and small businesses, and THIS is what I got! Then recite all the crap that is in it.

Do like Reagan did during one of his State of the Unions....Trump should have an address from the WH, take the 1400 pages of the bill....and drop them from about 3 or 4 feet onto his desk and tell the American people that they are hurting and he wanted/needed a clean bill to help workers and small businesses, and THIS is what I got! Then recite all the crap that is in it.

Reciting a 1400 page bill would take a long ass time.

Anyone want a charity bet?

I’ll take over 5k deaths in the US by the end of April. You get under. Loser donates $100 to winners charity of choice.

Anyone want a charity bet?

I’ll take over 5k deaths in the US by the end of April. You get under. Loser donates $100 to winners charity of choice.

That's what you and the globalists are rooting for. The more dead the better. Bush lied people died bush lied people died ! Trump lied people died

Doesn't matter. None of them should get a raise for a crises in which they have really done nothing to prevent or help control. Furthermore, for them spending millions on for a 3 1/2 year false claims for impeachment. This is a slap in the face on all Americans

I agree, but it seems all the backlash about the raise is directed leftward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT