POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did watch the superbowl with my dad's girlfriend and all her family (very progressive, what you think of when you think of rich Californian liberals from San Fran). During the half time performance they were all literally cheering and talking about how empowering the halftime is for women and young girls. I did turn to my dad's girlfriend and said, "I thought we weren't supposed to sexualize women anymore. It's the biggest show of the year and they choose to be half naked and constantly show their crotch to the camera."

She was stumped for a second, then went, "ya I actually think your right".

Thought it was a little funny story. Also worst superbowl experience of my life. Only 2 other people either than my dad and myself knew the rules of football. A ton of, "where is Jimmy G, he's so sexy" and "I would never let my kids play this sport, it teaches people to be violent". Fun crowd.

Do they not teach geography in this country?

By the 3rd grade, I knew the name, location, and capital of every Canadian province and territory and every US state. I'm shocked that people who grew up here know less than I do about the US.
It should't really surprise you. Economic, civics, and geography literacy in this country are shockingly bad. It's either poorly taught, or not taught at all. For example, when my youngest was a high school senior, it was during the the last presidential election. The civics teacher made it clear she was died in the wool democrat and huge Hillary supporter. After the election she said to the class that there is no reason for the existence of the electoral college system. How can a civics teacher be employed and not understand why we have that system. Even though my son went through a civics class, it was very poorly taught. It's just one example of some of the stupid things she said in class. He said most of class thought she was an idiot and openly argued with her. I tried to give my son the Federalist papers to take in and explain why we have that system, but he wouldn't do it.

Reactions: KRJ1975 and ymmot31
There is a KC, MO and a KC, KS. Two separate cities each with the same city name.

If this trivial bullshit is all the libtards can come up with, and it is, they're just showing how pathetic and miserable they are.

I hate the term midwit, but it's so perfect. Midwits love telling the teacher they misspelled a word on the board.

Reactions: warrior-cat
They don’t teach it well anymore. Like I said, we apparently have people that think Iran is somewhere in the USA.

That said, I’m willing to bet as many as half of the people you’d ask would be wrong if asked what state Kansas City is in. The three I asked were 0/3.

Not defending Trump so much as expressing how stupid I think it is to make a big deal out of.

That's shocking. It's the biggest city in Missouri.

Reactions: JStaff2187
When it comes to the Trump KC thing, I laugh at some of Bidens gaffes, I can see why people laugh at this one. Don't think he needs to be defended or anything, the guy said something stupid, I chuckled at it the same way i chuckle at a Biden gaffe.

People on the right defending this need to understand its okay to laugh at him sometimes and people on the left trying to make this sound like a huge deal, just stop you're embarrassing yourself. A guy can say something stupid without it being #1headline news worthy.
Last post on this issue from me, but I do agree with this. Covefe (or however it was spelled) was one of the moments you described above. I just feel like some are making it out to be like he said “Congrats to the Dallas Cowboys. You’ve represented the state of New Hampshire well today!”

Had he said any other state aside from Kansas or Missouri, it would have been an incredibly bad SMH moment. At this point he was just ignorant of which state the Kansas City Chiefs play football in.

Theres a lib out there somewhere demanding Trump be impeached for #KansasCityGate.

I'm with duke4life on this one - I laugh at anyone's stupidity. I don't discriminate based on political party. Had Obama tweeted this, I'd have laughed at him too but at the end of the day it seems that Americans are simply poorly educated about their own country and this isn't a big deal.

I do think it's weird that people get so caught up in political bullshit that they can't bring themselves to laugh at someone for saying or doing something stupid simply because they happen to agree politically with said someone. People need to lighten the **** up.

I'm with duke4life on this one - I laugh at anyone's stupidity. I don't discriminate based on political party. Had Obama tweeted this, I'd have laughed at him too but at the end of the day it seems that Americans are simply poorly educated about their own country and this isn't a big deal.

I do think it's weird that people get so caught up in political bullshit that they can't bring themselves to laugh at someone for saying or doing something stupid simply because they happen to agree politically with said someone. People need to lighten the **** up.
I chose to insert hell for my reading of this post.

Reactions: KRJ1975
The bottomless pit that is the Ukraine scandal continues to grow. ....

84438542_2641645069386725_8442505493057896448_n.jpg

Last post on this issue from me, but I do agree with this. Covefe (or however it was spelled) was one of the moments you described above. I just feel like some are making it out to be like he said “Congrats to the Dallas Cowboys. You’ve represented the state of New Hampshire well today!”

Had he said any other state aside from Kansas or Missouri, it would have been an incredibly bad SMH moment. At this point he was just ignorant of which state the Kansas City Chiefs play football in.

For me personally, this ranks up there with Cincinnati airport, being in NKY. A lot of people outside of the region do not know this fact, and in reality it does not matter one bit.

Last edited:
Do they not teach geography in this country?

By the 3rd grade, I knew the name, location, and capital of every Canadian province and territory and every US state. I'm shocked that people who grew up here know less than I do about the US.
Shocked? Really? Of the people you interact with on a daily basis how many of them are idiots? 60, 70%? And you're shocked they don't know geography?

If you folks want to have some fun, go over to Huff Po today. They're losing their minds because they know Bernie can't beat Trump... and making all kinds of silly statements (you have to click on the icon for comments). The trolling by Repubs is priceless.

For the record, I think Bloomberg gets the nomination (he wont win Iowa obviously).

Shocked? Really? Of the people you interact with on a daily basis how many of them are idiots? 60, 70%? And you're shocked they don't know geography?

Most of the people I interact with on a daily basis at work are quite smart. C and executive level folks. My friends are the same. I don't like to surround myself with morons.

Rush Limbaugh just said he's been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.

Man, **** cancer. Don't like the guy but wouldn't wish that on anyone. I had a friend who never smoked get diagnosed with advanced lung cancer about three years ago. He died 4 months later.

Most of the people I interact with on a daily basis at work are quite smart. C and executive level folks. My friends are the same. I don't like to surround myself with morons.
You purportedly live in KY. I refuse to believe when you stop at Speedway for a coffee you're conversing with high level executives.

It isn’t a typo, it’s geographic ignorance. A typo would be misspelling Missouri or something similar. This idiot does these things with regularity.
It's not ignorance, DA. There is an adjoining KC KS that supports Chiefs. I mean if Covington was named Cincinnati would Cin. KY Reds be wrong??

Mini Mike indeed

I knew it was in Missouri. But till last night I didn't know part of it is also apparently in Kansas. Similar to how part of St Louis is also in Illinois
KC KS about 1/2 size of MO one. Never know you move between them as it's just a line in the dirt. Streets continue as if all one. Worked in KC KS for several days a few times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT