POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this all started when you accused somebody of being racist because they dare question the disproportionality of interracial instances on TV versus real life. And it’s been a general consensus among liberals, that the rights push for Voter ID and work requirements is inherently racist in nature.
The issue with voter ID is voter suppression. Some Republicans don’t want certain people to vote, which has been on display in this thread over the course of the conversation. Whether or not that desire arises from racial animus depends on the individual. You injected the issue into a discussion about racial representation, not I.

The issue with voter ID is voter suppression. Some Republicans don’t want certain people to vote, which has been on display in this thread over the course of the conversation. Whether or not that desire arises from racial animus depends on the individual. You injected the issue into a discussion about racial representation, not I.
That's BS and you know it. That is an excuse the left uses so they can keep their base in line and the need to cheat to win open.

Reactions: sefus12
The issue with voter ID is voter suppression

Please explain. Because I think that is a complete BS talking point response. Exactly which republicans want to suppress legal voters? Which legal voters do they want to suppress? Where is your proof of that?

Asking that citizens verify who they are is not suppression. It’s a logical request to assure a legit election process.

Would you agree with either of the ID programs I outlined above? If not...what other suggestion(s) would you have for verifying legal voters?

Please explain. Because I think that is a complete BS talking point response. Exactly which republicans want to suppress legal voters? Which legal voters do they want to suppress? Where is your proof of that?

Asking that citizens verify who they are is not suppression. It’s a logical request to assure a legit election process.

Would you agree with either of the ID programs I outlined above? If not...what other suggestion(s) would you have for verifying legal voters?
Yeah giving everyone an ID is fine with me, did you not read the entire discussion and just jump in at the end?

As to suppression, multiple posters said over the course of the conversation they don’t want homeless voting. Republicans rail against Democrat attempts to restore voting rights to people with convictions as well. Many are against a path to citizenship for otherwise law abiding undocumenteds for the same reason. They see these demographics as Democrat leaning.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
13 days into 2020...Pelosi caved on impeachment and made a fool of herself, terrorists getting murdered, media and democrats in mourning for that terrorist, and Trump struts out with his beautiful wife for the national championship game to chants of "USA! USA!"

2020 has been one beautiful bitch so far...
The Senate has abandoned the idea to dismiss impeachment because McConnel got cocky and thought he had votes secured. Now at least 5 gop senators are saying they want the witnesses allowed. Sounds like Pelosi got exactly what she wanted. The DoJ Stonewall of sending Giulianis buddies testimony and evidence to the House was broke today. He was buddied up with half the GoP Senate and all of Trump's inner circle. He saved copies of all his interactions and conversations. Never trust sleazeballs to do your dirty work, they snitches.

Last edited:
And of course here's Bernie writing about women wanting to get raped.

this surprises me not, the entire intellectual and philosophical underpinnings of this ideology was made by degenerate reprobates.

that they somehow can spin this in their heads as moral superiority of themselves and others as mentally ill as they are is one of the saddest aspects of all this.

Reactions: UKBrassowTipIN
Yeah giving everyone an ID is fine with me, did you not read the entire discussion and just jump in at the end?

As to suppression, multiple posters said over the course of the conversation they don’t want homeless voting. Republicans rail against Democrat attempts to restore voting rights to people with convictions as well. Many are against a path to citizenship for otherwise law abiding undocumenteds for the same reason. They see these demographics as Democrat leaning.

Busted. Hahaha. I read this thread backwards.

As for the rest of that...a case can be made against Dems as well. They can’t win enough votes of current voting citizens so they cater to and seek to “gain” votes from people currently not eligible to vote under the laws of this country. Every single current Dem candidate is in favor of flooding the country with more immigrants and giving benefits to illegal immigrants...just so they can gain a few more votes. Meanwhile, we can’t currently properly take care of the current poor population of American citizens already eligible to vote.

But I agree with you on homeless people. They certainly should be able to vote as long as they are legal citizens.

As far as felons go...losing their right to vote while incarcerated is a good deterrent/perfectly reasonable penalty for committing such crimes. In 2 states felons never lose the right to vote even while incarcerated. In all of the other 48 states, felons can regain voting rights...some as soon as they are released from prison. At any rate, it is as it should be...decided by each state.

Are you on record as saying that felons should be able to vote while incarcerated?

That's BS and you know it. That is an excuse the left uses so they can keep their base in line and the need to cheat to win open.
Yea, we all know the GoP would never create barriers like poll taxes, closing down stations, posting armed enforcers, lying about the date, etc.... to keep people from voting. It's not like we had to create a voting rights act to punish racist southern states.

The threat is that since the African-American community is growing stronger and better educated, as they become less dependent on government assistance and realize the American dream of upward economic mobility, they will begin to vote more in line with their evolving economic interests and their already strong religious convictions.

To compensate for this eventuality of more black americans voting Republican, they need to stoke racial tensions by essentially creating it where it doesn't exist. Saving that, importing a "new" dependent lower class to replace them is their only recourse to maintain power through racial exploitation.

The only reason why the Democrat party today is diverse(r), is because racists from within that party stoke emotions and fear, sow discord where there is none... kindling the flames of a battle that has long since been won.

Are you on record as saying that felons should be able to vote while incarcerated?
I’m not on record either way. Can see both sides. Seems like a lot of technical questions about what types of crimes, length of sentence, and such. If a stadium of people watched you rape and eat ten babies we probably don’t need your voice in the political process. But on the other hand even really bad people can have an occasional good idea and one vote isn’t going to decide an entire election, so who knows. Seems complicated and worthy of a lengthy discussion not available to us in this limited forum format.

The leniency in crime pisses me off. An egregious example of our government at “work”. Guess they need more money or laws...

Police don’t pursue property crimes in KY, far as I can tell.

The left had a good idea a while ago, haven’t heard it mentioned in a long time...GET THE POLICE ON THE STREETS. You know, patrol your neighborhoods. This genius concept of “policing” was coupled with putting minority cops in minority neighborhoods...familiar faces and all that.

Of course that was years ago, before police became the enemy of the left. Also, you can police all you want, doesn’t matter a bit if the state won’t prosecute.

Felon voting rights don’t rank in the top 100 issues in any state, btw.

Yeah there’s a certain faction of big money players in this country that are determined to break down “society” as we know it in the US. Some of it is subtle...some of it is blatant. Leniency (more like completely ignoring) on crime, sanctuary cities, calling everyone who doesn’t want to flood the country with undocumented immigrants a racist, etc...are some of the more blatant ones.

Call them globalists or whatever you want to call them...but they are there behind the scenes funneling big money and pulling strings. And they don’t have American citizens’ best interests in mind.

EONybq5XUAA-xA0.jpg:large

Yea, we all know the GoP would never create barriers like poll taxes, closing down stations, posting armed enforcers, lying about the date, etc.... to keep people from voting. It's not like we had to create a voting rights act to punish racist southern states.

Idiot! you. are. a. dem! Do not try to cast aspersions. WOW! Once again...idiot.

The threat is that since the African-American community is growing stronger and better educated, as they become less dependent on government assistance and realize the American dream of upward economic mobility, they will begin to vote more in line with their evolving economic interests and their already strong religious convictions.

To compensate for this eventuality of more black americans voting Republican, they need to stoke racial tensions by essentially creating it where it doesn't exist. Saving that, importing a "new" dependent lower class to replace them is their only recourse to maintain power through racial exploitation.

The only reason why the Democrat party today is diverse(r), is because racists from within that party stoke emotions and fear, sow discord where there is none... kindling the flames of a battle that has long since been won.

I'm an intelligent guy for the most part. I don't always come across that way, but I'm OK with it. I would like to tell you though that this may be the most salient, cogent post I have ever read on the Cat Paw.

You continuously post intelligent and cognitive thoughts that are easily proved beyond reproach. It is commendable that you never stoop to the level of the idiots. I wish I had your virtue. I detest them and cannot refrain from showing my emotion.
Anyway, I just want to tell you that I appreciate you and the fight you support.

There are others here that I appreciate as well. No reason to name all of you. Know though that it is comforting to know you are there to speak against the insanity of the idiots that know not what they do. Sorry to go biblical. I don't believe.

The leniency in crime pisses me off. An egregious example of our government at “work”. Guess they need more money or laws...

Police don’t pursue property crimes in KY, far as I can tell.

The left had a good idea a while ago, haven’t heard it mentioned in a long time...GET THE POLICE ON THE STREETS. You know, patrol your neighborhoods. This genius concept of “policing” was coupled with putting minority cops in minority neighborhoods...familiar faces and all that.

Of course that was years ago, before police became the enemy of the left. Also, you can police all you want, doesn’t matter a bit if the state won’t prosecute.

Felon voting rights don’t rank in the top 100 issues in any state, btw.
Taking police off the streets and turning them into state militaries ruined policing. A large part of why smaller communities are "safer" is because the police are well known and approachable. Being a reactive presence that just chases down crime doesn't work. The prosecutors are so bogged down with stupid cases they can't bother with most of them. It's a lot like teaching, underpaid and the profession is now hated because of sensationalized media freaking out over bad employees. Of course when it's police screwing up people usually die not fail a class.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Did you read the piece? Most around here would agree with his criticism that both parties belong to big money interests. That’s why many support Trump, he isn’t an automaton created by those parties and beholden to them.
Then why aren’t you on board the Trump train? Why did you vote for Hilary? She is the epitome of being owned by big money.

Sounds exactly what the left has done the past few elections. Funny how you chose just what the left did as a deflective response.

Then why aren’t you on board the Trump train? Why did you vote for Hilary? She is the epitome of being owned by big money.
She is. With her we were getting more of the same old drudgery, granted. But Trump is a classic demagogue attributing all of society’s ills to marginalized minority scapegoats and claiming he alone has the answers. Anyone who’s studied history knows that’s demonstrably more dangerous.

I’m not on record either way. Can see both sides. Seems like a lot of technical questions about what types of crimes, length of sentence, and such. If a stadium of people watched you rape and eat ten babies we probably don’t need your voice in the political process. But on the other hand even really bad people can have an occasional good idea and one vote isn’t going to decide an entire election, so who knows. Seems complicated and worthy of a lengthy discussion not available to us in this limited forum format.
Well then it is a good thing that one person commits all of the crimes in America.

Last edited:
Taking police off the streets and turning them into state militaries ruined policing. A large part of why smaller communities are "safer" is because the police are well known and approachable. Being a reactive presence that just chases down crime doesn't work. The prosecutors are so bogged down with stupid cases they can't bother with most of them. It's a lot like teaching, underpaid and the profession is now hated because of sensationalized media freaking out over bad employees. Of course when it's police screwing up people usually die not fail a class.
False, Police have not been militarized yet. That's a common fallacy spread by many on the left to divide and keep their base in line and disrupt the American way of life. You need to study history more and look at modern countries like China, Venezuela, and a few others to see what real militarized police forces look like.

Yeah there’s a certain faction of big money players in this country that are determined to break down “society” as we know it in the US. Some of it is subtle...some of it is blatant. Leniency (more like completely ignoring) on crime, sanctuary cities, calling everyone who doesn’t want to flood the country with undocumented immigrants a racist, etc...are some of the more blatant ones.

Call them globalists or whatever you want to call them...but they are there behind the scenes funneling big money and pulling strings. And they don’t have American citizens’ best interests in mind.
Dion's boy Bernie wants the immigrant Boston Bomber to still be able to vote from prison. Can't wait to see that commercial.

Whoa now, wait a gosh darn minute here, I know that one was directed at me. Nowhere did I ever say I “don’t want homeless voting”. I said succinctly that many of the homeless and destitute are not likely to have the wherewithal to find a polling station to vote. Nowhere does that imply I don’t want them voting. I want everybody regardless of which race, creed, religion, sex, made up gender, or socioeconomic status, who is legally qualified to vote under our laws to vote. I just want them to be able to prove they can vote first.

We all know the Dems wouldn’t harvest ballots, mysteriously “lose” boxes of ballots while being transported, or left behind at some strange location. We all know they wouldn’t go around to elderly and homeless people preying in their diminishing mental capacities to collect votes for Dems. We all know they wouldn’t resist purging voter rolls or would allow and human form whether breathing or not cast a vote because they don’t have to prove they are who they say they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT