POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I respect your faith and understand why Jesus plays such a big role in some people’s lives, but he’s just a fairy tale to me.

At least you respect and understand it.

Not necessarily on this board, but I see so many people bash Jesus and I honestly don’t get why. Even if you don’t believe he is the son of God or just a fairy tale, everything he did helped people who needed help and his words encouraged people to love, be patient, slow to anger, not to judge others, etc. His way of living, man or God’s son, was a good example of how to live.

You want to call out a Christian for being fake, not living by the word, etc. okay. I can get that. I say things I shouldn’t everyday. I get upset at some holier than thou types myself; but if everyone lived by Jesus’s words and actions, the world would be a lot less scary.

I use to be a big time pro choice. Hell, I'd steal a fetus's soul if I can get a few more years. But the one thing that changed me. Searching for life on Mars. Looking for a cell. Life.

But not in a woman. Cell isn't life. But on Mars it is.

I'm ready for Civil War 2.
This is the truth that the libs will not touch or engage.

73533177_10156409777445178_1030498907852898304_n.png

Algorithm racially biased. Lol. Do people understand how an algorithm works?

Just because it produces a unfavorable result doesn't mean it's racist

Except it does now. That’s what the definition has been changed to. If it doesn’t meet a ‘diversity is amazing’ criteria, it’s racist. i.e. cops with body cams and surveillance cameras being deemed racist.

We live in the most amazing times...

On the United Health computer seemingly favoring "healthy white patients over sick black patients..."

Of course, an algorithm designed to basically be cost-effective is going to weed out the most costly.

That's what I think people are not quite getting in this age of algos running everything and there being a push for a true AI to solve problems.

People want computers to have a bigger role because they think it will somehow lead to a better more fair world.

You can't design something to be fair. Only efficient. That's across the board whether its health care algorithms or some other societal issue. Pure AI isn't going to count beans, it's going to find the issue it was designed to solve and solve it.

Case in point. Design a program to save health care costs, it's going to say cover these healthy people and not these sick people.

Design a program to solve gun violence, guess what parts of the country are going to be targeted as areas in most need of severe intervention? The areas, in which the computer sees has the most problems.

You can't respect justice and humanity if you do not understand or abide by our constitution and its symbol which were designed to do just that. Read the bible, read and understand our constitution and live and vote with regards to both. Doing this will go a long way to correcting the injustices you so falsely care about.

On the United Health computer seemingly favoring "healthy white patients over sick black patients..."

Of course, an algorithm designed to basically be cost-effective is going to weed out the most costly.

That's what I think people are not quite getting in this age of algos running everything and there being a push for a true AI to solve problems.

People want computers to have a bigger role because they think it will somehow lead to a better more fair world.

You can't design something to be fair. Only efficient. That's across the board whether its health care algorithms or some other societal issue. Pure AI isn't going to count beans, it's going to find the issue it was designed to solve and solve it.

Case in point. Design a program to save health care costs, it's going to say cover these healthy people and not these sick people.

Design a program to solve gun violence, guess what parts of the country are going to be targeted as areas in most need of severe intervention? The areas, in which the computer sees has the most problems.
The one thing I did not see covered in the video was the ratio/percentage of races on the specific healthcare programs cited. They did percentages of those helped first but what were the percentages of those races in the program to begin with?

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
Just a few better known organized centers for hate groups in the US:
17 - Anti-immigrants
100 - Anti-muslim
8 - Holocaust deniers
51 - KKK
36 - Neo-confederate
12 - Neo-nazis
63 - Racist skinheads
148 - White supremacists

Looking at that stupid list Levi just posted.

17 anti immigrants. Should be 300+ million because the immigrants are illegal

The nazi, white supremacists, skin heads are all liberal fascists.

Neo confederate and KKK are Democrat creations.

The anti muslim should be more

Holocaust denier- those are muslims and liberals. Liberals hate Israel.

Or maybe we could do both?

But the fact you posted this tells me you don’t think those two can coexist.
True point about doing both, nobody said such and you made a convenient assumption for the sake of deflection. So, when my roof is leaking I know better than to call an interior decorator to fix the problem. Nobody is being patriotic when they ignore, accept, or promote injustice, they are simply being self-centered. They also ignore or do not understand this: We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

True point about doing both, nobody said such and you made a convenient assumption for the sake of deflection. So, when my roof is leaking I know better than to call an interior decorator to fix the problem. Nobody is being patriotic when they ignore, accept, or promote injustice, they are simply being self-centered. They also ignore or do not understand this: We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
There's your problem, a huge GD problem, Levi. Questionable assumptions always sit with the other poster and never on YOU.

The pledge of allegiance takes about 30 seconds. At the very least there is something unifying in everyone standing together to acknowledge the idea of nation/community, coming together for the greater good. I mean look at the photo you posted. Black, white, Chinese all standing together saying "you know what, a nation is better than all of our different tribes being divided up..."

Don't know where you grew up or went to school, but the basics of being good to one another are taught, not in a specific lesson plan form, but a general understanding of the responsibilities of being a decent member of the student body and the community in general.

This is right, this is wrong, be nice, here are the rules and expectations...you know the basics.

When I went to school, turds weren't allowed to be turds, pissy little whiners weren't coddled, neither was slapped with some special title like "EBD" that allowed them to be a special strain on teachers, kids, the school and it's resources in general. Problems were handled without a lot of fuss. Real serious problems were weeded out and sent elsewhere.

Unfortunately, the school has been given too many extra burdens in recent history which hinders its ability to do the very basics of education, order, right, wrong, acceptable behavior, not acceptable behavior.

Let's allow educators to educate, provide a stable learning environment, maintain order, enforce rules, and cut out hindrances and inefficiencies. Perhaps that will lead to more and better math, reading, science, history, english, lit, etc...and as a result society naturally gets better over time.

Reactions: ymmot31

For the past month, the Democratic Party and the media (excuse the redundancy) have demanded that the American people be shocked (shocked!) by stories of multiple bureaucrats who express (choose your weapon) “concern,” “dismay,” “abhorrence,” etc. at the mode and substance of President Trump’s communication with Ukraine’s president. The substance of what they had to say about those communications has been by far the lesser part of the story. As each bureaucrat has “come forward,” the Democrats and the media largely have dropped attempts to explain what, exactly, may have been bad about Trump’s communications, and found the officials’ disgust with the president to be sufficient cause for impeaching him.

But since bureaucratic disdain cannot lead the Senate to remove Trump from office, impeachment is merely a pretense to lead the American people to pay attention to smears based in no reality beyond the animus of a ruling class frightened by the voters.

Usually, there is no more reason to pay attention to establishment bureaucrats opposing a president elected to oppose them than there is to dwell on dogs biting whomever frightens them. But now the Democratic Party is using what little remains of the intelligence agencies’ credibility as the sword with which to strike Trump and the claims to secrecy of those agencies as the shield from behind which to do it. In other words, it is doing just what it did during the Russian-collusion scam. That is why the scam itself is the story.

As RealClear Investigations has shown, these bureaucrats were part and parcel of the Obama Administration. Some of them were key players in the Russia hoax starting in 2016. They include the Intelligence Community’s inspector general, career employees of CIA, and Democrats on staff with the House Intelligence Committee, as well as White House personnel. Some even have personal connections with the Biden family and with Ukraine.
Thanks. I'd expect appointed members of the bureaucracy to be part of the Dims Team, but what's the real killer & eye-opening is how deep this Dim loyalty goes into to permanent bureaucracy of GS levels. It's scary as hell & the Dims know that power is on their side while Pubs are either oblivious or just accept it.

Blather.

You posted the meme - which presumes that you believe the two ideals falsely live in a vacuum. Don’t obscufate it by quoting the Constitution. ie: Just own it.

Just a few better known organized centers for hate groups in the US:
17 - Anti-immigrants
100 - Anti-muslim
8 - Holocaust deniers
51 - KKK
36 - Neo-confederate
12 - Neo-nazis
63 - Racist skinheads
148 - White supremacists

Tribalism

Something that happens naturally, but is best combated with a greater sense of unity in something better, bigger, more worthwhile than one's own little group.

Every race, religion, country, region, etc have this problem.

Lots of white folks that don't like other races/groups. But that is not unique to white people or America.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Yesterday I was in a local mall where a lady had a Trump Merchandise store set up. Caps, flags, posters, stickers, etc etc etc. She was a pleasant little lady, grandmother type with a big smile. Suddenly a man walking by and started yelling at her and calling her and Trump a facist. Trump's a facist and people who vote for him are lower than earth worms. Then he really lost it and started threatening to tear up her display and break up things. I had enough and walked over to him and told him if he didn't get out of there and do it now I would have to hurt him before he hurt someone. When the lady yelled I have called the police and have your back if you have to hurt him, he walked away in a hurry. All talk, just like the rest of them. He reminded me of some that post on this thread. All talk.

Biggest bullshit story I have read on this site....

Yes, general welfare and security to ourselves, common defense, constitution of the United States. Not the New world Order, not illegals. You posted something contrary to your stance, typical. I don't think you understand what is being said here.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
Ive got 2 kids in public schools. Nothing close to some of the BS that is posted here has ever happened to them at school. Frankly, I don’t believe a word warrior says about his daughter.

Against my better judgement, I might actually believe this Warrior story regarding his daughter's lack of access to advanced classes. He lives in a relatively small town in Oklahoma. Oklahoma, for years, has had some of the worst education in the country. I actually looked up the starting salary in Enid (Warrior, I am assuming your kid is in Enid School District?) and was surprised the starting salary was around 36K. Didn't think it would be that much, but then again they had that statewide strike a few years back which boosted pay. To a certain extent, you get what you pay for, although there are obviously other factors. It is an absolute shame if they truly don't have advanced classes at the middle school level

Against my better judgement, I might actually believe this Warrior story regarding his daughter's lack of access to advanced classes. He lives in a relatively small town in Oklahoma. Oklahoma, for years, has had some of the worst education in the country. I actually looked up the starting salary in Enid (Warrior, I am assuming your kid is in Enid School District?) and was surprised the starting salary was around 36K. Didn't think it would be that much, but then again they had that statewide strike a few years back which boosted pay. To a certain extent, you get what you pay for, although there are obviously other factors. It is an absolute shame if they truly don't have advanced classes at the middle school level
Elgin but, to your point, Oklahoma for many years competed with Kentucky, Mississippi, and a couple of other states for being last in education across our nation. Below is an up to date rating of worst states for education, Oklahoma has moved up a little.

The top 10 worst states based on this report were:
  • Louisiana.
  • Mississippi.
  • New Mexico.
  • West Virginia.
  • Alabama.
  • Arkansas.
  • Alaska.
  • Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Someone on Quora asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?" Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don't say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it's a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn't just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It's all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don't. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He's not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He's more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy' is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it's impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God... what... have... I... created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

Reactions: Dionysus444
Blather.

You posted the meme - which presumes that you believe the two ideals falsely live in a vacuum. Don’t obscufate it by quoting the Constitution. ie: Just own it.
I find this interesting as I think conservatives are the embodiment of doublethink yet you can't see how selectively linear your thought process is here. Another point that I find interesting is not only can you not see how The Preamble is pertinent to this conversation as seems to be a conservative want nowadays to dismiss the entire Constitution. BTW the word you tried to use is obfuscate.

Someone on Quora asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?" Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don't say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it's a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn't just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It's all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don't. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He's not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He's more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy' is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it's impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God... what... have... I... created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.
False and unimportant anyway. Stopped at the British reference. The UK has big problems and Trump isn't one of them.

I find this interesting as I think conservatives are the embodiment of doublethink yet you can't see how selectively linear your thought process is here. Another point that I find interesting is not only can you not see how The Preamble is pertinent to this conversation as seems to be a conservative want nowadays to dismiss the entire Constitution. BTW the word you tried to use is obfuscate.
By the way the people you tried to describe in reference to dismissing the constitution are liberals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT