POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From what Ive read (Im far from an expert on this stuff), illegals up to 26 years old are now apart of California's Medicaid program.

That’s crazy.

Millions of California citizens need to march somewhere and do something. We can’t keep losing states like this. America needs to make California great again, somehow.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Ive been watching a lot of shows and stuff on dinosaurs and the different major eras of the history of the world. One thing I noticed watching these things, just how drastically the climate has changed throughout the history of this world. The amount of species that have gone extinct from the climate changing. I mean there was a time Antartica was a jungle and had tons of species living on it.

I believe the climate is changing and I do think we as humans have had an effect on it, to the extent on that though I still question greatly. They say the Earth's temperature has risen about 1.5 degrees since 1880. My question is without humans how much would it have risen, 0 degrees, .5 degree, 1 degree, 1.4 degrees? I don't ever really see a clear answer on that. I see people say humans are 100% at fault for it and without us it wouldnt have raised at all, I call BS on that. We just happened to be living at the one time where the Earth's climate isn't changing at all?

The crap I do laugh at is crap like this. Super rich people who have a far greater carbon footprint than the average person, telling us how we need to change our carbon footprint. First of all, all the ideas that they come up with to try and help the environment all suck and again the people saying this crap tend to be the worst when it comes to carbon footprint.

Thanks for admitting you're uninformed on an issue and endeavoring to change that. I'll point you in the direction of solar output and Antarctic ice cores to answer the questions you posed here on climate change. Short answer is solar fluctuations do have an effect on the climate but solar output is actually decreasing currently. Temperatures continue to rise quickly due to increasing greenhouse gasses from human activity. Greenhouse gas levels (called such because they trap that solar heat in just like a greenhouse regulating the temperature) are much more closely tied to global temperatures as we can see from ice cores that give us 800,000 years of data. And yes the super rich and their massive carbon footprint are screwing the planet more than the rest of us. The 1% screw us on this issue just like they do on every other one.

Thanks for admitting you're uninformed on an issue and endeavoring to change that. I'll point you in the direction of solar output and Antarctic ice cores to answer the questions you posed here on climate change. Short answer is solar fluctuations do have an effect on the climate but solar output is actually decreasing currently. Temperatures continue to rise quickly due to increasing greenhouse gasses from human activity. Greenhouse gas levels (called such because they trap that solar heat in just like a greenhouse regulating the temperature) are much more closely tied to global temperatures as we can see from ice cores that give us 800,000 years of data. And yes the super rich and their massive carbon footprint are screwing the planet more than the rest of us. The 1% screw us on this issue just like they do on every other one.

Where is that graph from and what is the temp?

At least 3 In-n-Out restaurants located here in the Austin area. Usually very busy with long wait times.

The one time I've been to Austin I saw an In-n-out and a whataburger right next to each other. But I was on my way back to the airport and were running late. Terrible.

Luckily my employer at the time paid for all of us to have all you can eat at Salt Lick 2 days before. 3 years later I think I'm still full

140 years compared to 800,000 years. Those 140 years represent the record keeping we have.

Those 800,000 years include four glaciations. Those glaciations represent the coolest period on Earth since the snowball Earth in pre-Cambrian times.

Figure-14.png

What politician caused the Sangamon interglacial period to have a higher temperature than now? By the way there's an assumption made that temperature at the South Pole represents temperature across the planet. That is one big assumption.

Pretty crazy. I have minimal respect for Trump, but I had a feeling he was gonna win in 2016. After two terms from the first black president in US history, I knew that nominating a woman was pretty damn risky for the Dems. Midwest/Rust Belt states had plenty of swing voters in Trump’s favor because of that.

Biden, I guess, is the left’s only hope of defeating Trump next year. He’s been downright horrible in the debates though. Jesus.

In the words of Donald’s favorite phrase...

“We’ll see what happens.”
False.

140 years compared to 800,000 years. Those 140 years represent the record keeping we have.

Those 800,000 years include four glaciations. Those glaciations represent the coolest period on Earth since the snowball Earth in pre-Cambrian times.

Figure-14.png

What politician caused the Sangamon interglacial period to have a higher temperature than now? By the way there's an assumption made that temperature at the South Pole represents temperature across the planet. That is one big assumption.
This graph illustrates it perfectly, thanks for posting it. 800,000 years of co2 and temperature correlation.

This graph illustrates it perfectly, thanks for posting it. 800,000 years of co2 and temperature correlation.

Carbon dioxide is not going to increase during glaciation. During the interglacial periods it will increase. Obviously humans have caused it to increase quite a bit more in the last 200 years.

Last edited:

False, it has not been determined that human activity has been the cause.

NASA's website. It's temp change.

How and where was temp measured between 1880 and now?

Is that global average, and if so what does that mean exactly? The temps in one portion of the globe have nothing to do with temps on another.

Temperature is not indicative of climate change. Temps in a city or near one will be higher than rural areas. Has nothing to do with climate, but it is a man made temperature increase. If the threat were real, all temps would be taken in rural locations to actually see if the climate was indeed changing or if the temps were induced by heat sinks.

How and where was temp measured between 1880 and now?

Is that global average, and if so what does that mean exactly? The temps in one portion of the globe have nothing to do with temps on another.

Temperature is not indicative of climate change. Temps in a city or near one will be higher than rural areas. Has nothing to do with climate, but it is a man made temperature increase. If the threat were real, all temps would be taken in rural locations to actually see if the climate was indeed changing or if the temps were induced by heat sinks.
The temps from ice cores go back 800,000 years. From Antarctica and Greenland, both sides of the globe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT