POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve repeatedly said I post on this board to anonymously vent politics and you want to bet me I am saying things I wouldn’t say in real life?

Pretty big limb you’re out on their, Edstein. Better climb back in the treehouse with the kids.
Exactly the response I expected. Thanks for playing.

Discipline during my school years.

il_340x270.1709041805_mocu.jpg

I had two infractions in 5th grade that warranted the paddle. My female homeroom teacher had the honors. My parents were never informed by the school and I wasn't about tell them myself. I would have received double at home.

In 7th grade, I was in a fight. My male principle had one of those. No more fights for me. By middle school you graduated to male teachers swinging the paddle.

Parents didn't know about that one either.

Reactions: blubo and UK82
This is funny and accurate. The current cultural mainstream(zeitgeist) having shifted left of center recently means y'all are finally being subjected to the cultural and societal biases the left has been subject to for generations. There exists a sick sense of joy in seeing the oppressors become the oppressed. That's why we need a positive vision for the future, not a divisive one that scapegoats the vulnerable factions of our society. For the first time y'all are getting a taste of what it's like to be one of those vulnerable factions.

Reactions: DocPT
Bet I would old man
No little perv, you have already established yourself a coward here and yes BC had said that he comes here to vent. You are the only one saying you would say what you say here. I would take your bet and your money.

I had two infractions in 5th grade that warranted the paddle. My female homeroom teacher had the honors. My parents were never informed by the school and I wasn't about tell them myself. I would have received double at home.

In 7th grade, I was in a fight. My male principle had one of those. No more fights for me. By middle school you graduated to male teachers swinging the paddle.

Parents didn't know about that one either.
Shop teachers obviously made the best paddles and also used them the most.

Yeah I know it was made up but your shot at Fox News was real. You constantly do it. This isn't the first time.

Honestly, bro? I didn’t know Fox News was a conservative news station until Trump starting live-Tweeting their shows. I don’t watch TV like that. I don’t tune in to CNN or Fox or YouTube or whatever to inform my opinions.

I stick to Trump’s tweets.

By the way, who is this “Katie Hopkins” account that he keeps retweeting?

This is funny and accurate. The current cultural mainstream(zeitgeist) having shifted left of center recently means y'all are finally being subjected to the cultural and societal biases the left has been subject to for generations. There exists a sick sense of joy in seeing the oppressors become the oppressed. That's why we need a positive vision for the future, not a divisive one that scapegoats the vulnerable factions of our society. For the first time y'all are getting a taste of what it's like to be one of those vulnerable factions.

You people are lost

Honestly, bro? I didn’t know Fox News was a conservative news station until Trump starting live-Tweeting their shows. I don’t watch TV like that. I don’t tune in to CNN or Fox or YouTube or whatever to inform my opinions.

I stick to Trump’s tweets.

By the way, who is this “Katie Hopkins” account that he keeps retweeting?

That's fake.

Actually there's a huge difference. As the late and great Krauthammer used to say Conservatives think liberals have stupid ideas and policies. Liberals think conservatives are evil people.

It's part of the left's playbook. If you're convinced your opponent is evil, isms, ists and phobes then you can morally justify any and all actions against them.

Perfect example is the left rioting and physically attacking people to shut down speech. They've convinced themselves that hate speech is real and just as bad as a fist to the face therfore speech they don't like is an attack on them first and they have every right to use physical violence in return.

If you think an 11 year-old saying that guns will help us survive a nuclear holocaust is “intelligent” and a sign of refined “reasoning skills,” then you need to give me whatever the hell you’re toking on, brodie. I’ll drive up to damn Crittenden County for that shit.
You realize you just emphasized my point? Despite being highly flawed, as I said, his intelligence and reasoning skills are still better than yours.

Reactions: ymmot31 and qwesley
I don’t watch TV like that. I don’t tune in to CNN or Fox or YouTube or whatever to inform my opinions.

Ain't nobody falling for this. You can give the act up. Your opinions mirror their talking points. I know you watch for a fact. How I know is because in some cases you even repeat the same exact fake made up lies. If you're not watching then how are you coming to the same conclusion as them about something that didn't happen because they made it up.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Teachers can’t “command respect” without the authority to discipline students. that ship sailed long ago.
Obviously some school districts function better than others where discipline is not a big issue.

Idk about that. There is a way to teach kids without enabling where the teacher is respected. I did it for 20+ years rarely ever sent a kid to the office unless they really crossed a line. All my students excelled and respected me and their peers. This was in a difficult school. Inner city Denver: I never caved on my principles but i also learned early on to pick your battles and to be well respected by the staff.

Coaches are where these individuals still exist in public ed. I was a head coach for many years and that gave me a platform to rip some ass to build credibility. I mean if I kicked a kid off the team or punished him with running, etc. there was no coming in with mommy blah blah blah. I did it all in a tactful manner but the kids in the school knew I meant business. The popular kids on my team loved me and it filter to all the students. If I kicked a popular kid from the team those students knew he deserved it.

Kids want structure and security. The lib hands on education are why it’s so screwed up. I mean liberal and structure only go hand in hand when they are talking about spending on infra”structure””. Oh the poor kids feelings. How is Johnny gonna turn out since he was kicked from the soccer team”. Even the girls I coached they all knew who the highlight of the gigs were. So when that girl was benched. They knew she deserved it. Then there is 420 and his pipeline to prison. Hold the friggin kid accountable at an early age in school instead of waiting until he can go to big man jail. By the time he gets to high school the teachers treat him out of fear. I have to stop now I’m getting so worked up. The stuff below I typed earlier. Lol

I’ve always had an old school approach to discipline and the kids respected it. While I thrived my peers came and went and fell to pieces. Honestly I intervened on behalf of administrators at times to help teachers bc kids listened to me. For many years taught AP classes but my last 10 I taught classes that helped at risk kids transition to real world.

There’s a difference between commanding and demanding respect. Unfortunately most teachers will never position themselves to command respect don’t even know how bc they are thrown into the fire day 1. They either get canned bc they can’t manage a class or burn out from dealing with 150 kids. Or like me they see the whole culture shift and feel they can do no more. When I came to retirement age I took the early retirement bc the PC, transgender feminists bs I had enough. Sure parent support and admin support would help if you win the kids it doesn’t matter.

Btw the worst teachers are the college to student teaching to classroom teacher. The best have been out in the real world before they end up in a classroom.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT