POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How much of that 100 million do the women bring in?
I don't know; look it up. I do know that in the past three years the women's team has brought in slightly more revenue for their games. The big difference is the TV revenue. With that being said, my point still stands: US Soccer will not go bankrupt if they pay the women equally

I don't know; look it up. I do know that in the past three years the women's team has brought in slightly more revenue for their games. The big difference is the TV revenue. With that being said, my point still stands: US Soccer will not go bankrupt if they pay the women equally

Lol, they don't deserve equal pay until they bring in equal revenue. Until then, just keep bitching and protesting. Nothing will change from your SJW temper tantrums

Was this the rallying cry of the South in the 1960s?

Another stupid take. Weren't black and white people working toward the same revenue increase and being paid different pay? By jove, i think that's a clear cut case of inequality

Women and men soccer get paid different because they working on two different sources of revenue.

Big blue insanity tried to explain that, but like everything else, it goes straight over your head

Make soccer co-ed and if they are paid differently, then it's inequality .

They are obsessed with him for two reasons. First is, he gets under their skin for pointing out how impotent they really are. Second, they know he's military so, in their little lib minds, giving him shit is akin to burning the flag.

Real men like Warrior fought and died for this country to become great. Fake men like libs are willing to pout and cry to destroy it.

Way to go, pussies.
Did you serve?

Another stupid take. Weren't black and white people working toward the same revenue increase and being paid different pay? By jove, i think that's a clear cut case of inequality

Women and men soccer get paid different because they working on two different sources of revenue.

Big blue insanity tried to explain that, but like everything else, it goes straight over your head

Make soccer co-ed and if they are paid differently, then it's inequality .
Just pay for wins

Equal pay for equal worth. If you are bringing in more money, you should get a larger profit.

Just pay for wins

Women's team can't beat a men's team, would lose 50-0.

Stupid ideas require stupid arguments. Your argument is stupid.

One such stupid argument I read in printed media was that the women would generate as much revenue if as much money was invested into them.

Which is patently absurd. It doesn't matter how much money you throw in to the WNBA, it will never be the same as the NBA.

Did you serve?
He gives credit where it is due, most on the left do not. You want the same thing others get without the work and effort to get it.

Crazy?o_O:confused: It is relatively defined. It really depends on perspective. You think everyone is crazy who does not believe in the communist/marxist ideology. Insanity would better define you and the left given these type governments have failed at every turn yet you guys scream from the rooftops that it has never been done properly yet and will work.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls

Define equal pay.

They're wages have zero to do with gender. It's directly based on their economic value. Therefore it's a just amount, determined by the market.

Of course I know you really mean the pandering nonsense of being paid the same as the men, despite their economic impact being far less. This is inherently wrong.

All your ilk wish to do is take from one group to give to another under the guise of equality. When in fact you're destroying equality and creating inequality. Any amount paid based on gender is wrong. No matter that gender.

No the point stands... you leftists want equal pay for not equal work. You want things to be shared, not earned on merit.

That is communism. And sponsors cave into public pressure solely because it affects their bottom line, not whether or not it's right or wrong. And communism is demonstrably wrong, always.

You are communists and you don't even realize it. You just keep slowly progressing towards it to make things fair.

And I use itallics not to "sound smart" but because in typed speech you can't emphasize something like you can speaking, also those words have different meanings to you and I because you poeple want to achieve "equality" by being "unfair". Next up would be government intervention by president Bernie Sanders to redistribute NBA earnings to the WNBA in the name of equality because hey, they aren't going to go bankrupt. You leftists are complete idiots on your own merits because you can't recognize the complete absurdity you are trying to hoist on everyone else... go back to being liberals.

Read your first paragraph again; As it applies to US Soccer, you are 100% wrong. Equal pay, for equal work. the women's team plays the exact same game (in some years, they have played more games than the men: this has been one of their complaints). Each game is 90 minutes. I think we can assume training leading up to the games is similar. Then you claim I want things shared, not based on merit. If it was merit based pay, the women could argue they should be paid more due to they have been far more successful than the men. In the case of US Soccer, merit is based on on-field success, not overall revenue

Where have I ever suggested that money should be taken from the NBA and given to women in the WNBA or a similar example? This isn't what their lawsuit is about. Maybe people on the site are confused. There are club teams (such as the MLS/NWSL) and then there is the national team. They aren't complaining that they get paid less with their club teams. One member of the team (maybe Rapinoe?) even came out and said if they are going to get higher salaries with their club teams, more people need to start coming out to generate revenue. It would be ridiculous is a league such as the NBA had to share revenue with the WNBA. These are separate organizations. They aren't suing over that.

It has to do with the national team (this is US Soccer, which is a non-profit organization which is in charge of both national teams), which is completely separate. I also looked a little further and in 2018 they generated about 100 million last year. About half comes from sponsorships, which they bundle. In other words, Nike doesn't sponsor just the men's team; if they are a sponsor they are sponsoring both teams. Impossible to determine who brings in more on that, although the Nike women's jersey was the best selling jersey last year. Another 25% comes from revenue from matches. In the last three years, the women have brought in more revenue than the men (not a huge amount). Couldn't find out where the remaining 25% comes from; I looked at numerous articles and couldn't find it. I would be willing to guess it is TV revenue; if that is the case, I would imagine the men's rights or more than the women's.

Bottom line, US Soccer is an organization that develops both the mens and women's team to play on the international stage. They are attempting to grow the game for both boys and girls. Why wouldn't you pay them the same. This is the national team and you want them to have success, which the women have had. They have won 4 World Cups

Define equal pay.

They're wages have zero to do with gender. It's directly based on their economic value. Therefore it's a just amount, determined by the market.

Of course I know you really mean the pandering nonsense of being paid the same as the men, despite their economic impact being far less. This is inherently wrong.

All your ilk wish to do is take from one group to give to another under the guise of equality. When in fact you're destroying equality and creating inequality. Any amount paid based on gender is wrong. No matter that gender.

Another reality is that these women athletes are already very rich... they just want to be richer and claim oppression to disguise their greed.

Women's team can't beat a men's team, would lose 50-0.

Stupid ideas require stupid arguments. Your argument is stupid.

One such stupid argument I read in printed media was that the women would generate as much revenue if as much money was invested into them.

Which is patently absurd. It doesn't matter how much money you throw in to the WNBA, it will never be the same as the NBA.
NBA. Yeah good comparison

He gives credit where it is due, most on the left do not. You want the same thing others get without the work and effort to get it.

Crazy?o_O:confused: It is relatively defined. It really depends on perspective. You think everyone is crazy who does not believe in the communist/marxist ideology. Insanity would better define you and the left given these type governments have failed at every turn yet you guys scream from the rooftops that it has never been done properly yet and will work.
No just you

NBA. Yeah good comparison

It is a fantastic and precise comparison.

Basketball, presumably everyone here is familiar with and they are aware of the disparity between men's and women's basketball.

The same disparity exists in soccer, amplified even, money and skill. Taking from men to give to women in the name of equality there would be no different.

Define equal pay.

If they ran around the field in lace bras and underwear they might bring in more money but, it did not happen that way in real women's football so, I don't see it working with some of the women trying to be men.

Another reality is that these women athletes are already very rich... they just want to be richer and claim oppression to disguise their greed.

While probably true it really isn't even relevant. They're paid based on the markets demands. Their gender isn't decreasing their pay. Nor should it require they be paid more.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
Logged on and Here we are weeks later, and @Ed323232 still doesnt understand how basic revenue works, and is at this yet again?

Is it the basic math part you are still hung up on...or are you stuck on biology now?

Notice that trans ppl - men that transition to women just destroy women in sports... however you dont see women that transition to men playing at a high level in anything.

Its okay for liberals to stop being science deniers. Biology is a thing.

I just think it's weird how ed is getting some hard on about nothing here

You should use some italics in this post just to confuse him, CRO.

I could go full out and use the french word for what this all is... ressentiment

Which is a deeper meaning of resentment meaning a very deep jealousy and anger of why some have more than you, in spite of you having way more than you need you can never be satisfied.

Men's international soccer enjoys unparalleled popularity in sport... women's version of it is a different sport just like the NBA and WNBA are different leagues... different sports even. It's not fair, but demz the breaks.

Do I really care in the end if the women get an undue an unwarranted pay rise? No not really.

But what this does do is it instantiates horrible, flawed logic which has repercussions... the kind of nonsense that gives us men winning women's track and field events, dominating women's wrestling etc...

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
Should all Americans respect the president, no matter who is in office?

Back when I used to go to church (LOL) I remember the pastors praying for the leaders of our nation, including the president by name. Do they still do that, or was that just an old Methodist thing? Seemed weird to me.

If they ran around the field in lace bras and underwear they might bring in more money but, it did not happen that way in real women's football so, I don't see it working with some of the women trying to be men.

Look at women's tennis. They make MONEY money. Why? The market demands it.

Even better, look at fashion models. The top women models make insane amounts. Should they have to take less to make sure male models get more? Of course not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT