POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the women's soccer team wants to be paid as much as the men, there's a simple solution: Have them play each other. If the women can beat the men...hell, if the women can keep the men under 10 goals, then they proved they are equal, let's pay them equally. Tell me that's not fair.
Where did I say anything about pay. taking about wins.

Where did I say anything about pay. taking about wins.
In case you didn't know, the women's soccer team has sued to receive equal pay with the men.

And they do, with the exception of FIFA competition. FIFA pays the men more for a loss than they pay women for a win.

But I'm talking about wins too. One, specific win. Over the men. Let's see it. Then they have without a doubt proven that they are entitled to equal pay with the men.

But you want to argue more wins. Would you also argue that the members of a dominant G League team should be paid as much as the members of an NBA team with a losing record? Or would you argue that the members of a Double-A baseball team that wins its division should be paid as much as the members of a MLB team that finishes in the cellar?

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
Hmm...I don't recall the last time Republicans rioted on inauguration day. Libs have always been openly hateful...."You mean you believe the choice of a gay lifestyle is wrong? You are an intolerant bigot and homophobe.
I'll admit, Repubs just like anyone else have hateful thoughts, but generally speaking, they are also much more refined. The crap, violence, racist rhetoric spewed by the left has certainly set the new precedent for how to disagree. What you see now is Repubs using the libs own game against them.

"I'll admit, Repubs just like anyone else have hateful thoughts, but generally speaking, they are also much more refined." If this board is a typical cross section of the Republican Party, this is the furtherest thing from the truth. On a daily basis, we hear about Michelle's dick, Presidential Candidate Buttplug and Rapinhoe. Refine isn't a word I would ever consider for the majority of the posters on this board

Reactions: Dionysus444
Here's the simple, clear difference between the left and the right today:
The right thinks that immigrants and minorities should assimilate into our American culture.
The left thinks that Americans should assimilate into the culture of immigrants and minorities.

Pretty honest and clear. And they can go fuxk off. I'm American, white, and a male.

Don't like it leave or stay back home. In the shit hole, "My words not Trump's" country you are from.

"I'll admit, Repubs just like anyone else have hateful thoughts, but generally speaking, they are also much more refined." If this board is a typical cross section of the Republican Party, this is the furtherest thing from the truth. On a daily basis, we hear about Michelle's dick, Presidential Candidate Buttplug and Rapinhoe. Refine isn't a word I would ever consider for the majority of the posters on this board
While Buttplug has had its popular moments on this forum, it had a only been posted twice in July. Rapinhoe has only been uttered once ever on this forum by someone other than yourself.

Michelle...well...that ain’t ever going away from here.

In case you didn't know, the women's soccer team has sued to receive equal pay with the men.

And they do, with the exception of FIFA competition. FIFA pays the men more for a loss than they pay women for a win.

But I'm talking about wins too. One, specific win. Over the men. Let's see it. Then they have without a doubt proven that they are entitled to equal pay with the men.

But you want to argue more wins. Would you also argue that the members of a dominant G League team should be paid as much as the members of an NBA team with a losing record? Or would you argue that the members of a Double-A baseball team that wins its division should be paid as much as the members of a MLB team that finishes in the cellar?
Show me where I said the you should be paid the same? The women will make more in endorsements anyway. What's your obsession with men showing their physical dominance over women?

Why do you hate women? Do you have daughters?
Yes, I have one daughter and she read your post about breaking my hip and said: "he does not know you does he, he would be trembling in the corner crying if he did" true story. I was typing it as she was telling me what to type. Found it funny.

Well then the US has the best women's kick ballers in the world. The men not so much.
Are we still arguing basic understandings of how revenue works?

Yes, the women are the best in the world. Something to be proud of. But you yourself dont know much about soccer. Womens soccer globally sucks and is far behind the US...you know because our country is actually much more progressive than others as far as women having an opportunity to play. Youd never know that tho with how much you bitch. Which oddly has been a discussion here lately on a broader scale with ppl talking about what a hell hole America is bc it hasnt been perfect...yet compared to everywhere else...

Our country set the standard for womens soccer bc of the opportunities they have had. It's close to the same as how mens basketball in America was in the early 90s...now globally the rest of the of the world is becoming competitive....yet womens basketball is still far behind globally just as soccer bc the lack of support for women.

To somehow think you got some kind of gotcha on the mens team for whatever reason is odd. You dont like them...um okay. The womens team set the bar bc they have the ability to here- a great example of America. The men are trying to catch up to a world where ever Male outside of the US cares while dealing domestically with a sport (football) where we are literally one of the only countries that can play it (bc of wealth- try buying pads for a full team at a school on a Venezuela economy) and the 2nd biggest sport in the world (basketball) which we put on a global level.

Reactions: thabigbluenation
Yes, I have one daughter and she read your post about breaking my hip and said: "he does not know you does he, he would be trembling in the corner crying if he did" true story. I was typing it as she was telling me what to type. Found it funny.
Your posting on the internet and reading it to your daughter? Good Lord. Be sure to tell her your opinion of women. She will love that. Hopefully no one grabs her like big Don. You know how he likes to do it

Show me where I said the you should be paid the same? The women will make more in endorsements anyway. What's your obsession with men showing their physical dominance over women?
You were the one that compared the women with the number of wins. And you are ASSUMING the men will physically dominate over the women. Why? Are you sexist? Do you not think they can play with the men? Surely this women's team that wins more than the men will be dominant if they play. Right?

Reactions: warrior-cat
Are we still arguing basic understandings of how revenue works?

Yes, the women are the best in the world. Something to be proud of. But you yourself dont know much about soccer. Womens soccer globally sucks and is far behind the US...you know because our country is actually much more progressive than others as far as women having an opportunity to play. Youd never know that tho with how much you bitch. Which oddly has been a discussion here lately on a broader scale with ppl talking about what a hell hole America is bc it hasnt been perfect...yet compared to everywhere else...

Our country set the standard for womens soccer bc of the opportunities theyve have had. It's close to the same as how mens basketball in America is...now globally the rest of the of the world is becoming competitive....yet womens basketball is still far behind globally just as soccer bc the lack of support for women.

To somehow think you got some kind of gotcha on the mens team for whatever reason is odd. You dont like them...um okay. The womens team set the bar bc they have the ability to here- a great example of America. The men are trying to catch up to a world where ever Male outside of the US cares while dealing domestically with a sport (football) where we are literally one of the only countries that can play it (bc of wealth- try buying pads for a full team at a school on a Venezuela economy) and the 2nd biggest sport in the world (basketball) which we put on a global level.
I bet your fingers hurt. If it takes that long to make a point you lost

To me, it's irrelevant whether they can beat the men. We all know they can't and will never be able to. It doesn't take away from their success however, and they have been much more successful than the men. I certainly am not a legal scholar, but I think they may have a case. I am assuming from what I read online that US Soccer is their employer and pays them per game appearance. The men make roughly 2.5 times as much per appearance for the same "job." Again, not a legal scholar, but can employers pay a gender less money for the same work? It is interesting in that Luna kicked in money to make the women's salary the same per appearance. With the World Cup, I am not sure they are going to be able to do anything about it because FIFA is in charge of all of that. As far as their professional leagues go, they will never make as much unless attendance and TV contracts (are women's club games even shown?) continue to grow. I don't believe their lawsuit has anything to do with that.

You were the one that compared the women with the number of wins. And you are ASSUMING the men will physically dominate over the women. Why? Are you sexist? Do you not think they can play with the men? Surely this women's team that wins more than the men will be dominant if they play. Right?
You said the women would be lucky to stay within 10 goals

While Buttplug has had its popular moments on this forum, it had a only been posted twice in July. Rapinhoe has only been uttered once ever on this forum by someone other than yourself.

Michelle...well...that ain’t ever going away from here.
Rapinhoe came from me but, I don't see this as the same as beating up on people with dissenting opinions or blocking others from speaking a colleges or public places. Perhaps Joesrule can explain the correlation.

To me, it's irrelevant whether they can beat the men. We all know they can't and will never be able to. It doesn't take away from their success however, and they have been much more successful than the men. I certainly am not a legal scholar, but I think they may have a case. I am assuming from what I read online that US Soccer is their employer and pays them per game appearance. The men make roughly 2.5 times as much per appearance for the same "job." Again, not a legal scholar, but can employers pay a gender less money for the same work? It is interesting in that Luna kicked in money to make the women's salary the same per appearance. With the World Cup, I am not sure they are going to be able to do anything about it because FIFA is in charge of all of that. As far as their professional leagues go, they will never make as much unless attendance and TV contracts (are women's club games even shown?) continue to grow. I don't believe their lawsuit has anything to do with that.
What case. You bring in the money you get the money. How hard is that to understand?

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Why should Title IX stand if it is all about the fact the women’s soccer team makes more money than the men’s soccer team. Men’s collegiate athletics makes more than women’s but yet because once again the government gets involved, gotta equal out those scholarships.

Every other race is subject to the same war on drugs. Why the difference?
Because the risky nature of the business disproportionately affects communities of low income and opportunity. The cartels aren't black and they're killing people and each other right and left. Aren't MS-13 the new boogeyman? The black market begets big money and big violence to protect it. Rural white Appalachian communities are afflicted with the same plague, they just don't have the population density to have turf wars over it. Don't believe me? Try rolling up on a good ol' boy's meth lab late one night and see if some rounds don't pop off.

Last edited:

Stop being stupid

Let's let male vs female. On anything.

It's and roasted ovens don't get to play.

Dumbass

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT