POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
America is one ****ed up place. People rooting against other Americans because they disagree with them.

It’s hilarious that the US sees themselves as this beacon and leader in patriotism, when the fact is most people here put self and party over country. And Trump wonders why people from other predominantly white countries don’t flock here? SMH.

what the...

WASHINGTON (AP) _ Three actresses who played distressed farm wives are being brought to Capitol Hill by House Democrats in an attempt to revive interest in the farm crisis - and the early reviews are mixed.

Jessica Lange, Sissy Spacek and Jane Fonda are scheduled to testify Monday before the Democratic Party’s House farm task force on the emotional toll of the financial stress experienced by farm families, something akin to their roles in the movies ″Country,″ ″The River″ and ″The Dollmaker,″ respectively.

But the session already was provoking some unease on Capitol Hill over the public relations impact of having wealthy actresses represent farmers who are going broke, and whether a publicity stunt might trivialize the very real problems of farmers.

Rep. Tony Coelho, a California Democrat who used his show-business connections to help arrange Monday’s events, said, however, that the actresses had every right to testify before Congress on the farm crisis.

″They probably have a better understanding of the problems of agriculture than the actor in the White House,″ Coelho said. ″These people are serious about their concerns. As a result of playing this role, they become knowledgeable and have a sense of feeling ... There is no direct politics involved here.″

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
This. It's pretty bad when just saying your straight makes you a bigoted homophobe in the eyes of many of them. Even when you're the farthest thing from that. My sister is a lesbian, has been with her partner for the better part of 30 years. They were the first couple in the city of Evansville to be married when the Indiana law passed allowing for that. I love my sister, her spouse and all her friends who are like family to me. I've known many of them most of my life. But you know what, they aren't out bitching and moaning about inequality or being disenfranchised. they aren't out preaching about unfairness or spending their days marching in the streets. They don't color their hair fifteen different colors, pierce every part of their body, and dress like they pulled their wardrobe from the racks of every thrift store and goodwill in their city, then march around wondering why they can't get a job. They are all gainfully employed, not being denied anything in this world they desire. They live their day to day life much like I do. I wish more in the LGBTQ community could take cues from that.
Excellent. Agree that I don't understand what the hell else they want & what they think they're being discriminated over.

Close cousin had two grandchildren by his doped up stepdaughter adopted by a les couple several years back. They seem to be fine. Step-granddaughter plans to marry her girlfriend next Spring. Both are lawyers. Admit it all seems strange to me, but it's not my call.

America is one ****ed up place. People rooting against other Americans because they disagree with them.

It’s hilarious that the US sees themselves as this beacon and leader in patriotism, when the fact is most people here put self and party over country. And Trump wonders why people from other predominantly white countries don’t flock here? SMH.
SMH.

You just don't get it. LIBERALS ARE NOT AMERICANS. I can't name a single liberal who has spoken out in favor of the US. Not one...

Don't want to be here?... for any reason... then GTFO.

I'd gladly trade any anti-American such as Megan Whatshisname for another person from ANY COUNTRY who will support the US.

SMH.

You just don't get it. LIBERALS ARE NOT AMERICANS. I can't name a single liberal who has spoken out in favor of the US. Not one...

Don't want to be here?... for any reason... then GTFO.

I'd gladly trade any anti-American such as Megan Whatshisname for another person from ANY COUNTRY who will support the US.

It sounds to me like you don’t want to be here. Nobody whines about shit that doesn’t affect them more than right wing Christians. Maybe you could form your own country where only white people who believe in fairy tales like Jeebus were allowed.

Here is an idea, if Megan wants equal pay as the men, all she has to do is try out for the men’s team. If she is as good as the men, she should have no problem. She already identifies as a man, so why not?
Are women allowed on the Open Team or is it closed to just men? And tranny men of course? Whatever they are.

It sounds to me like you don’t want to be here. Nobody whines about shit that doesn’t affect them more than right wing Christians. Maybe you could form your own country where only white people who believe in fairy tales like Jeebus were allowed.

You have obviously not watched a single minute of news or been on social media since Trump was elected if you think Conservative Christians complain about things that don't impact them more than anyone in the country.

Or maybe you're just trolling.

Problem is our current immigration system. The people in control seem hell bent on importing as many people that hate the USA as possible. And especially those that hate white people.

what the...

WASHINGTON (AP) _ Three actresses who played distressed farm wives are being brought to Capitol Hill by House Democrats in an attempt to revive interest in the farm crisis - and the early reviews are mixed.

Jessica Lange, Sissy Spacek and Jane Fonda are scheduled to testify Monday before the Democratic Party’s House farm task force on the emotional toll of the financial stress experienced by farm families, something akin to their roles in the movies ″Country,″ ″The River″ and ″The Dollmaker,″ respectively.

But the session already was provoking some unease on Capitol Hill over the public relations impact of having wealthy actresses represent farmers who are going broke, and whether a publicity stunt might trivialize the very real problems of farmers.

Rep. Tony Coelho, a California Democrat who used his show-business connections to help arrange Monday’s events, said, however, that the actresses had every right to testify before Congress on the farm crisis.

″They probably have a better understanding of the problems of agriculture than the actor in the White House,″ Coelho said. ″These people are serious about their concerns. As a result of playing this role, they become knowledgeable and have a sense of feeling ... There is no direct politics involved here.″

The only platform hanoi jane should be given is that of the hangman’s gallows. [sick] .

Last edited:
You have obviously not watched a single minute of news or been on social media since Trump was elected if you think Conservative Christians complain about things that don't impact them more than anyone in the country.

Or maybe you're just trolling.

I don’t watch news and don’t have Facebook, Twitter, etc. This site is the extent of my social media activity. Granted, it’s extremely one sided here, but I see conservatives complaining a lot more than liberals. You guys put the itch in bitch.

Plus her girlfriend is a WNBA player.

tenor.gif

Yup. In all of what Tucker said, what did he say was incorrect. His entire thing was talking about giving a helping hand out to people in need, then giving that person in need everything they could've ever dreamed about, to then turn around to bash this country and try to implement policies that would destroy this country.

Yup. In all of what Tucker said, what did he say was incorrect. His entire thing was talking about giving a helping hand out to people in need, then giving that person in need everything they could've ever dreamed about, to then turn around to bash this country and try to implement policies that would destroy this country.

yeah..maybe...but.. well...That's racist.

It's all they got.

Reactions: duke4life831
Lol the dem oversight committee deleted this tweet. Can you imagine if reps did this, the wal to wall coverage? That's bc dems aren't interested in solving problems just politics

Reactions: dezyDeco and blubo
I don’t watch news and don’t have Facebook, Twitter, etc. This site is the extent of my social media activity. Granted, it’s extremely one sided here, but I see conservatives complaining a lot more than liberals. You guys put the itch in bitch.
If you want to see the behavior of the left..look at how they are acting towards home depot. They are trying to destroy the business bc the founder...who btw, doesnt have anything do with it anymore, donated money to trump.

Same guy that donated billions to charity has created millions of jobs, etc.

They cant understand if anything it will hurt their employees, not a 90 year old man who has nothing to do with the company and donated his own Money...not home depots.

These ppl are beyond immature and while anyone has a right to protest or not go to a certain place (bc of capitalism) they simply cant handle differing opinions and want to destroy everything. They truly are NPCs

If you want to see the behavior of the left..look at how they are acting towards home depot. They are trying to destroy the business bc the founder...who btw, doesnt have anything do with it anymore, donated money to trump.

They cant understand if anything it will hurt their employees, not a 90 year old man who has nothing to do with the company and donated his own Money...not home depots.

These ppl are beyond immature and while anyone has a right to protest or not go to a certain place (bc of capitalism) they simply cant handle differing opinions and want to destroy everything. They truly are NPCs

Lol, no liberal goes to Home Depot.

They don't like to get their hands dirty.

Haha. I also want to be clear, I have absolutely nothing against lesbians, nothing at all. Just was having fun reading the back and forth in that argument about her, then the dudes response was well, her wife is a WNBA player haha. Just something about it literally made me laugh out loud.
Yeah that was it.

Yeah cause PPG has never tweeted to boycott companies.

Lol, no liberal goes to Home Depot.

They don't like to get their hands dirty.

I go to Lowe’s, but only because it’s closer to me than Home Depot is. I had no idea that boycotting Home Depot was a thing, though.

I also go to Chick Fil A multiple times per week. Boycotting businesses or services is stupid IMO. Make a good product at a competitive price and I don’t care what your political leanings are, you’ll get my support.

I live in lunatic lefty Montgomery County, Md. -- a place that gave convicted traitor and confirmed nut Chelsea Manning more votes for US Senate in the primary than all Republicans combined.

All the progressives are boycotting Home Depot -- but the illegal immigrant carpenters and gardeners they hire to do all their work have the place packed at all hours. What a moral dilemma.

Yup, if there was ever a film franchise that was known for its misogyny its the Terminator franchise...

Its not like Terminator previously didnt have well known strong female characters like a Sarah Connor. Now this movie goes from looking like another crappy Terminator sequel, to another crappy terminator sequel that is trying to add SJW into its messaging as well. How fun!

Whats next, are Alien fans not ready to watch a strong female character in their film franchise either?

Last edited:

Yup, if there was ever a film franchise that was known for its misogyny its the Terminator franchise...

Its not like Terminator previously didnt have well known strong female characters like a Sarah Connor. Now this movie goes from looking like another crappy Terminator sequel, to another crappy terminator sequel that is trying to add SJW into its messaging as well. How fun!

They should have stopped after T2. The rest have been hot garbage.

I live in lunatic lefty Montgomery County, Md. -- a place that gave convicted traitor and confirmed nut Chelsea Manning more votes for US Senate in the primary than all Republicans combined.

All the progressives are boycotting Home Depot -- but the illegal immigrant carpenters and gardeners they hire to do all their work have the place packed at all hours. What a moral dilemma.

Whoever does the barrel picks for the Montgomery county ABC has a great palate. Every time I’m up there I grab a few picks.

They should have stopped after T2. The rest have been hot garbage.

Yup. With Arnold/without Arnold, male lead/female lead, it doesn't matter they have all been trash since T2. From the looks of it, this new one is going to fit right in and be trash as well.

My guess on the only way to turn the franchise around is to not make any new ones for a good 10+ years, then some upcoming director gets to make a smaller lower budget take on it. It will probably be real and gritty and people will love it. Then the production company goes back to throwing huge money in a sequel and it will be trash.

Reactions: KRJ1975

All these movies with badass women heroes need a jolt of reality. THE BEST WOMENS SOCCER TEAM IN THE WORLD, LOST TO A TEAM OF 15 YEAR OLD BOYS.

All these movies with badass women heroes need a jolt of reality. THE BEST WOMENS SOCCER TEAM IN THE WORLD, LOST TO A TEAM OF 15 YEAR OLD BOYS.

Thats the thing though. The first 2 Terminator movies and the original Alien movies, had a strong female character, but they were realistic strong female characters and no one had any problems with them. So its not like a movie cant have a strong female character.

But it seems like movies now think the only way they can make a strong female character is they have to go overboard to really try to prove a point and its usually laughably bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT