POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love Idaho. Have a good friend who lives in Boise. Lots of Mormons up there, it’s like a mini Utah.

I’ve been to both Portland and Seattle in the last year and both are fantastic. If you consider them shitholes, I’d like to see your definition of a nice city.

Of cities I’ve been to, the first that come to mind when I hear “shithole” are Newark, Cleveland, Milwaukee. Of course, every one of those is Nirvana compared to the third world. We have a different definition of shithole here.
I wouldn’t consider Milwaukee a shithole. I get there quite often for work. Definitely a blue collar city, but not a shithole. At least not anymore. Newark=big ole shithole, Cleveland is a mid-tier shithole. Detroit, Memphis, now San Francisco, Oakland, those are grade A shitholes. One could make a case about Raleigh-Durham and the Floyd street area of Louisville too but that’s another topic.

Can’t believe I’m calling cities shitholes. That’s racist.

Reactions: KRJ1975
John, he's a real estate guy.

He's talking about how if you wanted to buy China.

He's made them lose $15T of market value.

He's just trying to position himself to buy China on the cheap and flip it.

I was actually thinking that because of the way he worded it. Like you could call them up and say how much? Yeah, for everything. Lol.

I wouldn’t consider Milwaukee a shithole. I get there quite often for work. Definitely a blue collar city, but not a shithole. At least not anymore. Newark=big ole shithole, Cleveland is a mid-tier shithole. Detroit, Memphis, now San Francisco, Oakland, those are grade A shitholes. One could make a case about Raleigh-Durham and the Floyd street area of Louisville too but that’s another topic.

Can’t believe I’m calling cities shitholes. That’s racist.

I almost said Raleigh/Cary. It’s on the fence.

“China’s value is down $15-$20 trillion since November of 2016.”

First, it’s not down, it’s up. 2nd, they don’t have $15 trillion of value to lose. Their GDP is about $13 trillion.

Again, what does value mean? The value of something is what it’ll be worth in future growth.

Again, what does value mean? The value of something is what it’ll be worth in future growth.

Oh Jesus Christ. China doesn’t have a “value.” GDP is the only measurement he could have been speaking about. You can’t dial up Xi and make an offer to buy the ****ing country.

Also, your second sentence couldn’t be more false. The value of something is what you can sell it for. Stocks, gold, land, etc. Your house is worth “x.” Based on historic real estate trends, that house will be worth a positive multiple of “x”’in the future. That doesn’t mean you can sell it for that today.

Stage 4 and beyond treatment.

61892291_117617449475034_7425632338886787072_n.jpg

Oh Jesus Christ. China doesn’t have a “value.” GDP is the only measurement he could have been speaking about. You can’t dial up Xi and make an offer to buy the ****ing country.

What the **** are you talking about? Do you understand that companies that were planning on moving there due to TPP may not now? Or that the tariffs have made companies rethink their future in China?

Why don’t you lighten up a bit. There’s more to value than GDP.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Also, your second sentence couldn’t be more false. The value of something is what you can sell it for. Stocks, gold, land, etc. Your house is worth “x.” Based on historic real estate trends, that house will be worth a positive multiple of “x”’in the future. That doesn’t mean you can sell it for that today.

That’s true, but if I pay 200000 for it, I damn sure expect to get more for it in 10 years. However, if a trailer park is planned to go in next door, I won’t.

What the **** are you talking about? Do you understand that companies that were planning on moving there due to TPP may not now? Or that the tariffs have made companies rethink their future in China?

I give up. You guys are simply unable to admit that this guy could ever say or do anything wrong. It’s like a cult. I’ve never seen the likes of it before.

I give up. You guys are simply unable to admit that this guy could ever say or do anything wrong. It’s like a cult. I’ve never seen the likes of it before.

All I asked for was context, and you flipped out.
You’re the one that brought up real estate, not me. I was simply stating that China’s future isn’t as bright as it was prior to Trump, which in my mind is a good thing since it is a communist nation.
If you were planning on starting a project in China, would the future of China looked better in 2016 or 2019? That’s my point, and where
“ value” comes into play.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
Ya again I've never been there, so just a guess from the pictures I've seen and the well known rat problem because of all the trash. But I really don't know. So I will definitely side with the people who have been there 1st hand.
Well... I was staying on the Upper East Side... they don't do rats there lol.

Even the subway stops up there are clean.

Edit: we passed Rick Pitino Sunday morning about 10am on his way to Equinox (high end fitness club). Couldn't believe it... he looked REALLY old. We had UK jackets on and he stared a hole in us but no one said a word.

https://www.equinox.com/clubs/new-york/uptown/east61st

Last edited:
It is most appropriate, that the hero that will finally take down Drumpf(and the scourge of whiteness)...is Seattle's own Laura Humpf.

Reactions: blubo
Well as a DUKE fan, gotta admit Rupp Rafters is by far the most active message board. Its the most popular political board that I have seen that has the Conservative majority. Wont lie a little conservative echo chamber is a refreshing change haha.

Got tired of every other political board when if someone posted a Ben Shapiro tweet, 9 out of the 10 responses would be. "Ha look at this idiot posting tweets from an actual far right Nazi". Let me get this one little echo chamber haha.

You have some good logical input. Glad you made your way here

All of that is calculated into GDP. Trump is just making up random bullshit and his sheep are trying to defend it. China hasn't lost any value since Trump took office. Their GDP is still increasing much faster than ours and they have replaced US partners with Russian/south America/Africa. The only country growing faster is India but that's a complete shit hole. The Shanghai index has been flat but the entire index is only worth 5 trillion. You can just admit it was a moronic statement and move on.

I’m just thankful for the diversity.

Honestly cant remember a more sad and pathetic attempt to look cool than this. Nothing more bad ass than mean muggin and smoking pot in a Walmart as you thrash an isle, waiting to make sure no employees watch you, one friend covers his face, one is making noises like he is getting Fd in the ass, and the other is wearing a purse.

But ya you thrashed a Walmart isle while smoking pot. Damn you are badass!!!

Reactions: warrior-cat
All of that is calculated into GDP. Trump is just making up random bullshit and his sheep are trying to defend it. China hasn't lost any value since Trump took office. Their GDP is still increasing much faster than ours and they have replaced US partners with Russian/south America/Africa. The only country growing faster is India but that's a complete shit hole. The Shanghai index has been flat but the entire index is only worth 5 trillion. You can just admit it was a moronic statement and move on.
Rather than losing your mind over something stupid that DT says why don't you make the case for one of the 20 Dem candidates? You spend several hours per day on Vice/Vox/TP/HuffPo etc, put that investment to work by backing someone.

Nothing will ever truly test the hypocrisy scale like going from wanting a POTUS jailed for waterboarding to be ok with a 10x increase in use of drones but the liberals here that whine about "echo chamber" whilst defending fascist behavior by google/twitter and media in general...is up there.

Rather than losing your mind over something stupid that DT says why don't you make the case for one of the 20 Dem candidates? You spend several hours per day on Vice/Vox/TP/HuffPo etc, put that investment to work by backing someone.

Platinum will vote Trump. He'll never admit it. But there is no way that he's going to give away his 1% status and inheritance (free money) as potential taxation to the poors/illegals (seeking free money). No matter how many anti-Trump links he posts, he's not about to give away his free money to others.

As Barry said: "Platinum, you didn't earn that"

It is most appropriate, that the hero that will finally take down Drumpf(and the scourge of whiteness)...is Seattle's own Laura Humpf.

Unless this lady is simply duping raging liberals with this class, and I'm not willing to bet any of my money on that, I'm 100% curious how the human brain becomes this freaking warped.

What gets so crossed up that people think this way?

Platinum will vote Trump. He'll never admit it. But there is no way that he's going to give away his 1% status and inheritance (free money) as potential taxation to the poors/illegals (seeking free money). No matter how many anti-Trump links he posts, he's not about to give away his free money to others.

As Barry said: "Platinum, you didn't earn that"
...or he is lying about all that.

...kids in wallmart...

that's what happens when you grow up in a hard environment surrounded by idiots in a crap culture then deluded white knight leftists come along and tell you all sorts of lies like white privilege and systemic racism to make it seem like there's no hope for you... the cards are too stacked against you, so you may as well just give up and act like idiots in walmart and in doing so, the only thing you accomplish is making some poor guy making minimum wage who is actually going to work to do something clean up after you.

it takes exceptional character i think to overcome this insanity.... i tell ya man, these damn leftists... you are touched in so many ways, you ain't woke, need to wtfu before it's too late for you, disgusting really

No it isn't figured into GDP, I'm not defending anything. I simply wanted context, was he speaking on future losses or past.

Very basic principle of behavioral economics - when more of something free is made available, more people want it. Whooda thunk that?

People can want something without acting like that. Imagine what those 300 will act like inside the park.

...or he is lying about all that.

Or he's telling the truth and is a hypocrite

Unless this lady is simply duping raging liberals with this class, and I'm not willing to bet any of my money on that, I'm 100% curious how the human brain becomes this freaking warped.

What gets so crossed up that people think this way?
Some of the worst racists are the ones that have to go to these extremes to try and prove they aren't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT