POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yet spending has continued to skyrocket. Maybe you education idiots should try running the system as a business instead of a corrupt government bureaucracy. Then maybe you won't end up having to settle for bottom of the barrel scumbags like fatfvckdoperbro as a "teacher".
BOOM!

Reactions: IdaCat
Anyone who believes a poll right now has to be the dumbest of dumb after the charade that went on with the 2016 election. Look at the current loser Dem candidates crowds and then look at the crowds Trump continues to bring out when he does a rally.
You should look at voter turnout for the most recent elections if you want an indication of how motivated particular demographics are. As for crowd sizes, the entire idea of a rally is idiotic. Why would anyone want to go stand in a crowd and cheer for a politician? At Commonwealth/Kroger you get to watch football. If Bernie or Trump or Biden say something relevant I can look it up online. Rallies are personality cult celebrity culture at it's worst. OMG you guys maybe Kim will ditch Kanye and get with Trump to MAGA!!:smiley::sunglasses::smiley::okay::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[banana]:cool2:

Lol at you thinking Trump hasn’t waxed Kim K.

Agreed on polls. As for crowd sizes? Meh. I’m a democrat but you couldn’t pay me to show up for a rally, even if Jesus himself suddenly became real and he was the nominee. The type of trump die hards that show up at rallies are a special breed.

Look, when Donald Trump comes to Richmond, KY, you go to the speedway and buy a maga flag, buy the expensive dip, and happily stand in a parking lot for hours with the rest of the town. And I do mean town. Population 30k, Trump Rally 20k. Winning. For America, you haters and losers.

Lol at you thinking Trump hasn’t waxed Kim K.

Look, when Donald Trump comes to Richmond, KY, you go to the speedway and buy a maga flag, buy the expensive dip, and happily stand in a parking lot for hours with the rest of the town. And I do mean town. Population 30k, Trump Rally 20k. Winning. For America, you haters and losers.

Yeah, not my cup of tea. I can see a bunch of like minded ‘necks wanting to spend a day together worshipping their god, but that will never be me.

Yea because your ass would be kicked by the Red, White and Blue if you showed up.

I’ll never show up because I have priorities, a family, hobbies, and a thousand things I’d rather do than listen to a politician. Believe me, it’s not out of fear. ‘Necks are too nice to fight random people.

[T]he entire idea of a rally is idiotic. Why would anyone want to go stand in a crowd and cheer for a politician?
[roll][roll][roll]Thanks for giving us this textbook example of sour grapes.
Biden can't draw but a handful of supporters to his rallies, while Trump has 20K in attendance regularly across America. If the roles were reversed, you would be saying, "look at all that support for Biden, Trump is going to get steamrolled in the upcoming elections!"
But the roles aren't reversed, and so you downplay the significance of all those people attending Trump's political rallies.:flush:

[roll][roll][roll]Thanks for giving us this textbook example of sour grapes.
Biden can't draw but a handful of supporters to his rallies, while Trump has 20K in attendance regularly across America. If the roles were reversed, you would be saying, "look at all that support for Biden, Trump is going to get steamrolled in the upcoming elections!"
But the roles aren't reversed, and so you downplay the significance of all those people attending Trump's political rallies.:flush:
The personality types common to the left and right are just different in this regard. The leftist equivalent to a cheering Trump rally goer is a slogan chanting Women's March participant. Huge crowds in vagina hats or MAGA hats, so glad the intricacies of our political discourse can be neatly distilled into head wear form...

I came across this Buzzfeed article about millennials having trouble affording houses, and wouldn't you know that every last individual whose story they picked to highlight in this article has some virtue-signalling thing to say about being "privileged" enough to own a house while their peers are unable to afford a house, and the "plight" of young people today in general. It's actually quite hilarious.

I pulled these examples just scrolling up the page on the article (remember, these are separate people being quoted):

"I definitely notice my privilege when I recount how easy it was to accumulate wealth....I think real estate is an easy way to accumulate wealth, but it's only available to a small amount of people. I think about our quick and easy wealth accumulation all the time."

"The thought would run through my head when I first bought — "Oh, I'm now a land-owning white man, if this were a different era I'd be able to vote" — and yeah, that's a very stupid and gross thought."

"I think the actual transmission of wealth should mostly be banned, actually. We should chuck the whole mortgage interest tax deduction scam, prohibit lenders from borrowing to people in the areas that are going to be underwater due to climate change, institute an extremely large (up to 99.5%) inheritance tax on the Jeff Bezoses of the world, and support and nurture affordable cooperatively owned and financed housing. Also, we should get rid of local property taxes, ensure all schools are good, and recognize that the entire "wealth" generated through housing is just another word for profiteering off of racism."

"I think being from a suburb where most people owned their homes had a big impact on my expectations [of home ownership]. I'm sure being white has had a huge impact, one that I was never aware of growing up."

"I also feel guilty because my family's relative wealth is the only thing enabling me to buy a house. I have a bit of money saved (a couple thousand), which is more than most of my friends my age...but nowhere near enough to buy a house. I am well aware that most of my friends and peers will not be able to buy a house and definitely not one as expensive as mine any time in the near future. So I feel bad for complaining about stuff to them. I wish other people (especially older generations) would understand that I shouldn't have to feel this much guilt and fear over something that should be considered a normal step in growing up. My dad owned his first house right out of college. And his parents were definitely not rich. I wish other people would look at how hard millennials are working just to break even; moving in with their parents, delaying having kids, working three jobs, paying off mountains of student loan debt. We're doing all the things you guys told us we had to do! And the economy still sucks, and we still can't find jobs."

My query: Where are the millennials who are working even 1 job? The ones I know are extremely employment-averse.

It's not that hard to get 1 job in this economy that will sustain you. If you have 2 or 3 jobs and you can't save a penny, either you made poor decisions to put yourself behind the financial 8-ball (including getting a 4-year liberal arts degree or similar), or you live too lavish of a lifestyle.

Will a millennial please stand up and defend themselves on this topic, and tell us what you think of the people being quoted in this article?

Last edited:
I came across this Buzzfeed article about millennials having trouble affording houses, and wouldn't you know that every last individual whose story they picked to highlight in this article has some virtue-signalling thing to say about being "privileged" enough to own a house while their peers are unable to afford a house, and the "plight" of young people today in general. It's actually quite hilarious.

I pulled these examples just scrolling up the page on the article (remember, these are separate people being quoted):

"I definitely notice my privilege when I recount how easy it was to accumulate wealth....I think real estate is an easy way to accumulate wealth, but it's only available to a small amount of people. I think about our quick and easy wealth accumulation all the time."

"The thought would run through my head when I first bought — "Oh, I'm now a land-owning white man, if this were a different era I'd be able to vote" — and yeah, that's a very stupid and gross thought."

"I think the actual transmission of wealth should mostly be banned, actually. We should chuck the whole mortgage interest tax deduction scam, prohibit lenders from borrowing to people in the areas that are going to be underwater due to climate change, institute an extremely large (up to 99.5%) inheritance tax on the Jeff Bezoses of the world, and support and nurture affordable cooperatively owned and financed housing. Also, we should get rid of local property taxes, ensure all schools are good, and recognize that the entire "wealth" generated through housing is just another word for profiteering off of racism."

"I think being from a suburb where most people owned their homes had a big impact on my expectations [of home ownership]. I'm sure being white has had a huge impact, one that I was never aware of growing up."

"I also feel guilty because my family's relative wealth is the only thing enabling me to buy a house. I have a bit of money saved (a couple thousand), which is more than most of my friends my age...but nowhere near enough to buy a house. I am well aware that most of my friends and peers will not be able to buy a house and definitely not one as expensive as mine any time in the near future. So I feel bad for complaining about stuff to them. I wish other people (especially older generations) would understand that I shouldn't have to feel this much guilt and fear over something that should be considered a normal step in growing up. My dad owned his first house right out of college. And his parents were definitely not rich. I wish other people would look at how hard millennials are working just to break even; moving in with their parents, delaying having kids, working three jobs, paying off mountains of student loan debt. We're doing all the things you guys told us we had to do! And the economy still sucks, and we still can't find jobs."

My query: Where are the millennials who are working even 1 job? The ones I know are extremely employment-adverse.

It's not that hard to get 1 job in this economy that will sustain you. If you have 2 or 3 jobs and you can't save a penny, either you made poor decisions to put yourself behind the financial 8-ball (including getting a 4-year liberal arts degree or similar), or you live too lavish of a lifestyle.

Will a millennial please stand up and defend themselves on this topic, and tell us what you think of the people being quoted in this article?

I’m not a millennial and don’t have an answer for you, but how would someone work 3 jobs? There are 168 hours in a week. Working 3 jobs would occupy 120 of those, not including getting to and from said jobs. Call that another 7 hours. That leaves 41 hours in 7 days to eat, sleep, shower, etc. doesn’t seem feasible.

I’m not a millennial and don’t have an answer for you, but how would someone work 3 jobs? There are 168 hours in a week. Working 3 jobs would occupy 120 of those, not including getting to and from said jobs. Call that another 7 hours. That leaves 41 hours in 7 days to eat, sleep, shower, etc. doesn’t seem feasible.
They have 3 jobs, each of which are 10 hours per week = 30 hours per week.
OH, THE HORROR!

[laughing]

OMFG, Batman! The next Great Depression has arrived!

rolleyes.gif

I don't know. Might to need to ask someone who lived during an Obama economy.

Obama broke this country

You should look at voter turnout

Votes cast and voter turnout aren't remotely the same. I agree turnout should be an indicator. But votes cast sadly is the better

Should have been Creepy Joe though.

I feel in the future we'll get a sleepy creepy joe, compound nickname

I got my first job in June of 1989 stocking shelves at the local IGA for $4.15 per hour. I was 14.

Same. Carryout. Taught me a ton. Way more valuable than the 4.25 wage. That's what entry level jobs are meant for

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT