POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite everyone knowing that this whole Russia thing was a literal attempted coup from the beginning, I still don't think anyone of significance will be held responsible. At the end of the day the swamp will protect itself and therefor this attack on the rule of law will be allowed to slide. I'll gladly be wrong on this, but I just think that everyone involved from the FBI/CIA/DOJ/Obama admin/Democrat party and the cohorts from the Republican side will simply skate free.

Lefty Lib Alan Dershowitz on Partisan Hack Mueller's speech:

"Until today, I have defended Mueller against the accusations that he is a partisan. I did not believe that he personally favored either the Democrats or the Republicans, or had a point of view on whether President Trump should be impeached. But I have now changed my mind. By putting his thumb, indeed his elbow, on the scale of justice in favor of impeachment based on obstruction of justice, Mueller has revealed his partisan bias. He also has distorted the critical role of a prosecutor in our justice system.

Virtually everybody agrees that, in the normal case, a prosecutor should never go beyond publicly disclosing that there is insufficient evidence to indict. No responsible prosecutor should ever suggest that the subject of his investigation might indeed be guilty even if there was insufficient evidence or other reasons not to indict. Supporters of Mueller will argue that this is not an ordinary case, that he is not an ordinary prosecutor, and that President Trump is not an ordinary subject of an investigation. They are wrong. The rules should not be any different.

Remember that federal investigations by prosecutors, including special counsels, are by their very nature one sided. They hear only evidence of guilt and not exculpatory evidence. Their witnesses are not subject to the adversarial process. There is no cross examination. The evidence is taken in secret behind the closed doors of a grand jury. For that very reason, prosecutors can only conclude whether there is sufficient evidence to commence a prosecution. They are not in a position to decide whether the subject of the investigation is guilty or is innocent of any crimes.

That determination of guilt or innocence requires a full adversarial trial with a zealous defense attorney, vigorous cross examination, exclusionary rules of evidence, and other due process safeguards. Such safeguards were not present in this investigation, and so the suggestion by Mueller that Trump might well be guilty deserves no credence. His statement, so inconsistent with his long history, will be used to partisan advantage by Democrats, especially all those radicals who are seeking impeachment.

No prosecutor should ever say or do anything for the purpose of helping one party or the other. I cannot imagine a plausible reason why Mueller went beyond his report and gratuitously suggested that President Trump might be guilty, except to help Democrats in Congress and to encourage impeachment talk and action. Shame on Mueller for abusing his position of trust and for allowing himself to be used for such partisan advantage."

https://thehill.com/opinion/judicia...hame-on-robert-mueller-for-exceeding-his-role

Nothing preventing 10 counts of obstruction on inauguration day 2021. Pray that your Russian friends are successful again to delay the inevitable.
200.gif
Who's gonna be President then? Surely not one of the wastes of space the Dems are trotting out there these days. It might have to wait until Inauguration day in 2025, but then President Crenshaw will just Pardon him.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
"Mueller’s mission was the same as Christopher Steele’s mission, and Glenn Simpson’s, and Perkins Coie’s, and Hillary Clinton’s: to destroy Donald Trump, by hook or by crook. That is the only explanation for Mueller’s seeming myopia about his own failure to look for collusion where, in all likelihood, it actually existed."

"Here is my question. (I know it has been asked before, but it can’t be repeated too often.) If Mueller’s charge was to investigate “Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election…[including] investigating any links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign,” why didn’t he look into the possibility that the false information fed by alleged Russian insiders to an agent of the Clinton campaign was a disinformation effort by the Russian government, meant to interfere in the 2016 presidential election–an effort in which the Clinton campaign colluded?

There is strong circumstantial evidence that the Steele dossier was exactly that, while there never was any evidence at all that the Trump campaign colluded in any way with Russians. So why was Mueller’s investigation confined to the wrong campaign?"

Hopefully Barr will accomplish what Mueller didn't even try to do.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/05/robert-mueller-partisan-fraud.php

which is why people should stop voting for old useless ****s like McConnell
You are a moron if you think the govt needs another bill passed to enact cyber technologies. They have contracts with all the major tech companies already. You act like they are waiting on Mitch to ok them getting a McAfee CD sent to put on every computer.

Now State govt and below, really bad.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-group-will-run-ad-fox-friends-urging-congress-hold-trump-1438843
Republicans for the Rule of Law (RRL), a conservative group whose stated purpose is “defending the institutions of our republic,” will advertise on Fox & Friends next week to urge members of Congress to hold President Donald Trump accountable for the findings in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report.

Baby Emperor Trump gonna tweet up a shitstorm when he sees this ad

You mean McCain-esque swampers are against Trump? I never made the connection. Thanks Mr. Obvious.

"Mueller’s mission was the same as Christopher Steele’s mission, and Glenn Simpson’s, and Perkins Coie’s, and Hillary Clinton’s: to destroy Donald Trump, by hook or by crook. That is the only explanation for Mueller’s seeming myopia about his own failure to look for collusion where, in all likelihood, it actually existed."

"Here is my question. (I know it has been asked before, but it can’t be repeated too often.) If Mueller’s charge was to investigate “Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election…[including] investigating any links or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign,” why didn’t he look into the possibility that the false information fed by alleged Russian insiders to an agent of the Clinton campaign was a disinformation effort by the Russian government, meant to interfere in the 2016 presidential election–an effort in which the Clinton campaign colluded?

There is strong circumstantial evidence that the Steele dossier was exactly that, while there never was any evidence at all that the Trump campaign colluded in any way with Russians. So why was Mueller’s investigation confined to the wrong campaign?"

Hopefully Barr will accomplish what Mueller didn't even try to do.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/05/robert-mueller-partisan-fraud.php

Shortly after Mueller was appointed, his mandate was altered. It started out as an investigation in Russian interference, it was changed to include obstruction. I'll bet a dollar to a donut Mueller knew at that point there was no collusion between the Campaign and Russia.

"Until today, I have defended Mueller against the accusations that he is a partisan. I did not believe that he personally favored either the Democrats or the Republicans, or had a point of view on whether President Trump should be impeached. But I have now changed my mind. By putting his thumb, indeed his elbow, on the scale of justice in favor of impeachment based on obstruction of justice, Mueller has revealed his partisan bias. He also has distorted the critical role of a prosecutor in our justice system.

Virtually everybody agrees that, in the normal case, a prosecutor should never go beyond publicly disclosing that there is insufficient evidence to indict. No responsible prosecutor should ever suggest that the subject of his investigation might indeed be guilty even if there was insufficient evidence or other reasons not to indict. Supporters of Mueller will argue that this is not an ordinary case, that he is not an ordinary prosecutor, and that President Trump is not an ordinary subject of an investigation. They are wrong. The rules should not be any different.

Remember that federal investigations by prosecutors, including special counsels, are by their very nature one sided. They hear only evidence of guilt and not exculpatory evidence. Their witnesses are not subject to the adversarial process. There is no cross examination. The evidence is taken in secret behind the closed doors of a grand jury. For that very reason, prosecutors can only conclude whether there is sufficient evidence to commence a prosecution. They are not in a position to decide whether the subject of the investigation is guilty or is innocent of any crimes.

That determination of guilt or innocence requires a full adversarial trial with a zealous defense attorney, vigorous cross examination, exclusionary rules of evidence, and other due process safeguards. Such safeguards were not present in this investigation, and so the suggestion by Mueller that Trump might well be guilty deserves no credence. His statement, so inconsistent with his long history, will be used to partisan advantage by Democrats, especially all those radicals who are seeking impeachment.

No prosecutor should ever say or do anything for the purpose of helping one party or the other. I cannot imagine a plausible reason why Mueller went beyond his report and gratuitously suggested that President Trump might be guilty, except to help Democrats in Congress and to encourage impeachment talk and action. Shame on Mueller for abusing his position of trust and for allowing himself to be used for such partisan advantage."

https://thehill.com/opinion/judicia...hame-on-robert-mueller-for-exceeding-his-role

It's really irrelevant. The only question is whether there was probable cause (an extraordinarily low bar btw) to bring an indictment. If no, the end. If yes, they bring it then must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

It never reached yes despite the ridiculously low standard. "Innocence" is never a fact considered.

ANd how is that even a good thing? Mueller doesn't say there was no criminal conspiracy. He says they don't have enough hard evidence to feel comfortable bringing it to court. And you guys feel good about that? wtf is wrong with our system that not enough evidence to convict and the DOJ won't let me bring indictment s is the standard for President.

It wasn't fake news. They have a copy of the email asking for it to happen and the Navy replying saying they would look into it. Trump already acknowledged it happened but says he wasn't told. was covered up with a tarp. Apparently someone in the Navy decided it was a really ****ing stupid move and took the tarp down Saturday morning. And the WH is even to stupid to know it's named after his dad.

Officials, including acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, were aware of the concern about the USS John McCain and approved measures so it would not be visible during Trump's visit, an official told the Wall Street Journal.

A senior Navy official confirmed to The Post someone from the White House sent the request to officials in the Pacific. A tarp was hung Friday obscuring the ship's name – and photographs taken of it– but senior Navy officials ordered the covering removed on Saturday, before the president arrived, the official told the Post.

A Navy official also said the crew of the USS John McCain was released from duty due to the holiday weekend, along with sailors from another ship.
I feel good about that because there was no collusion. Our system is based on proving something based on evidence- not innuendo, gossip or fictional dossiers.

Reactions: blubo

A brilliant synopsis by Alan. He is liberal by nature but a true patriot for calling a spade a spade.

This warship story is the epitome of fake news. Some anonymous source reportedly says trump has the name covered. Navy says no and that picture is from a different date. Yet it's getting loads of social media traction.

The inevitable retraction/correction will get about 1% of the attention
I’d have that ship renamed if I was trump , mccain is a traitor pos

You are a moron if you think the govt needs another bill passed to enact cyber technologies. They have contracts with all the major tech companies already. You act like they are waiting on Mitch to ok them getting a McAfee CD sent to put on every computer.

Now State govt and below, really bad.

And dont forget, Platinum is claiming it's a cybersecurity bill. So 100% chance the bill has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

More than likely a way for the new Dem IT team to give a backdoor to Hezbollah. Assuming they've changed the Awan brothers' passwords.

Despite everyone knowing that this whole Russia thing was a literal attempted coup from the beginning, I still don't think anyone of significance will be held responsible. At the end of the day the swamp will protect itself and therefor this attack on the rule of law will be allowed to slide. I'll gladly be wrong on this, but I just think that everyone involved from the FBI/CIA/DOJ/Obama admin/Democrat party and the cohorts from the Republican side will simply skate free.
What will that say for the precedent they set though?

his grandfather commanded aircraft carriers in WW1 and the fast strike force that won us the war. and his father commanded subs in ww2 and led pacific command you dumb hick. The ship is named after them. They added Sen McCain as a namesake when he died.
Well then they should get some whiteout and take that traitors name off. Once he found out about fake dossier he flew an aide to pick it up. Scuttle that boat. McCain= traitor

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Nothing is happening to Trump because, he is innocent of the crimes he is being targeted for. This is bad loser political play all the way. I think they (the Dems) know that they were caught in committing treason and corruption and need to try to keep the pressure on to try to keep Trump off balance. Also, he is showing the country that these jobs really can come back and that he cares for the country. Hopefully, more people will wake up and see that the dems have no plan to fix anything but their own bank accounts. You need only look at the past history of democrats and the states they have controlled to see just how bad they really are.
The dems and their media enablers are celebrating a little early. Yesterday they were doing victory laps and it will probably continue over the next weeks. But there are few things they are overlooking or forgetting about. There are three investigations ongoing into the behavior of the "investigation" going back to the beginning. These investigation will bring out the real truth and with them indictments. Some of the boys and girls going on the TV shows and spewing their lies will be needing a team of defense lawyers soon. Their day is coming.

So just to keep things straight, the USS John McCain was named after his decorated war hero father and grandfather only to have his name also attributed to it, crashed into another ship in an embarrassing fashion, has been out of commission for a few years, and only resurrected to be used as a leftist propaganda tool for one of their made up bullshit stories.

I'd say the John McCain is a perfect name for that boat.

Bwahahahahaha. The kicking, the screaming, the tears........….I'm here for all of it!

Just wait until the IG and Barr are done with these deranged lunatics.

Whatever happened to the calls for transparency? Just a few short days ago they were all screaming Barr wouldn't let Mueller testify.

Now we have Steele saying he will not cooperate and Mueller unequivocally stating it's his choice to run and hide without testifying. Any libs out there have an issue with that lack of cooperation/transparency? What are they trying to hide and why are they trying to hide it?

If Mueller is successful with his attempt to avoid testifying, should he be charged with...…………...obstruction?

What a terrible look for St. Mueller. I gotta hand it to him, though. If you are gonna burn your legacy to the ground, you may as well be the one who pours the gasoline on it.

It's really irrelevant. The only question is whether there was probable cause (an extraordinarily low bar btw) to bring an indictment. If no, the end. If yes, they bring it then must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

It never reached yes despite the ridiculously low standard. "Innocence" is never a fact considered.
That's why Dershowitz criticized him & wrote his piece; i.e; Dershowitz' view isn't irrelevant to the Left. He bludgeoned them.

Bwahahahahaha. The kicking, the screaming, the tears........….I'm here for all of it!

Just wait until the IG and Barr are done with these deranged lunatics.

Whatever happened to the calls for transparency? Just a few short days ago they were all screaming Barr wouldn't let Mueller testify.

Now we have Steele saying he will not cooperate and Mueller unequivocally stating it's his choice to run and hide without testifying. Any libs out there have an issue with that lack of cooperation/transparency? What are they trying to hide and why are they trying to hide it?

If Mueller is successful with his attempt to avoid testifying, should he be charged with...…………...obstruction?

What a terrible look for St. Mueller. I gotta hand it to him, though. If you are gonna burn your legacy to the ground, you may as well be the one who pours the gasoline on it.
I agree. Mueller might think the case is closed and he can just ride off in the sunset but the last chapter of this attempted coup has not been written. Barr is still AG and Barr has a few more important reports outstanding. The 3 reports that are coming just might have the truth in them.

So let the left and their minions celebrate with 3 seconds left on the clock but a lot can and will happen in those 3 seconds. I predict Barr will hit that 3 pointer at the buzzer and the libs will go down with a thud.

I agree. Mueller might think the case is closed and he can just ride off in the sunset but the last chapter of this attempted coup has not been written. Barr is still AG and Barr has a few more important reports outstanding. The 3 reports that are coming just might have the truth in them.

So let the left and their minions celebrate with 3 seconds left on the clock but a lot can and will happen in those 3 seconds. I predict Barr will hit that 3 pointer at the buzzer and the libs will go down with a thud.
The only problem I have with that analogy is: the dems may be celebrating with 3 seconds left...……………..

…...…...…...…......….....but they are still losing by 20.

The only problem I have with that analogy is: the dems may be celebrating with 3 seconds left...……………..

…...…...…...…......….....but they are still losing by 20.
Yes they are but they are not called dims for nothing. Very little is between those ears. They are much too dumb to understand what is about to happen to them. So let them celebrate it is going to crash down around them.

this guy would perjure himself 100x if he testified for 5 seconds. right after he sends that tweet.

"No, Russia did not help me get elected," Trump told reporters at the White House. "You know who got me elected? You know who got me elected? I got me elected. Russia didn't help me at all. Russia, if anything, I think, helped the other side."

I swear, the more I listen to Mueller's "presser" the more it sounds like he had a gun held to his head.

Pretty crazy how quickly Nadler and some of his cohorts were able to produce their own point-by-point statements as soon as the "presser" ended. Wonder how they managed that? Crooked-ass losers.

Absolutely.

There are numerous open investigations against the swamp that will conclude sometime leading up to the election. The dems have gone this far, they have no choice but to impeach, and they need to spend another 2 years flooding the news with impeachment talk to combat whatever findings are coming for their ass.

They had 2 years to come up with a "plan". They failed, chose instead to whine about facebook memes. They called Mark damn Zuckerburg to capital hill. I wish that was a joke. Ok, two years wasted, nothing to show for it.

Now, it's time to come up with a plan, and find some 2020 presidential candidates....

FALSE!

iu

It was shocking when they offered up that slab of beef Hillary as president, but what they've done since then is even more negligent. Nobody has shown any effort or desire to do anything other than attempt to discredit trump.

Oh, and those Sailors that got the "Day Off" because of their Hats?...It was Memorial Day. THey got the day off because it was a National F'ing Holiday.
Sure . . . keep drinking the red koolaid. Sailors from all the other warships were invited to attend except sailors from the John McCain, some of whom attempted to attend but were turned away. The White House tried to keep President Snowflake from getting his delicate little panties in a wad and going on a Twitter rampage. POS has to be babysat more by his handlers than a two year old in daycare.

Absolutely.

There are numerous open investigations against the swamp that will conclude sometime leading up to the election. The dems have gone this far, they have no choice but to impeach, and they need to spend another 2 years flooding the news with impeachment talk to combat whatever findings are coming for their ass.

They had 2 years to come up with a "plan". They failed, chose instead to whine about facebook memes. They called Mark damn Zuckerburg to capital hill. I wish that was a joke. Ok, two years wasted, nothing to show for it.

Now, it's time to come up with a plan, and find some 2020 presidential candidates....

FALSE!

iu

It was shocking when they offered up that slab of beef Hillary as president, but what they've done since then is even more negligent. Nobody has shown any effort or desire to do anything other than attempt to discredit trump.

Bi-sexual Joe. He loves on the boys and the girls. This might get him through this The media loves a good bi-sexual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT