POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
only chance they have is nominating a moderate democrat to run.

Finding a moderate Democrat is going to be very difficult.

Going to search and search, and a lot of them will never see the moderate democrat staring them in the face.

giphy.gif

Finding a moderate Democrat is going to be very difficult. I can't wait for the Democrat primary debates to begin. I usually ignore them and watch old westerns but this year is going to be different. I want to watch a train wreck in the making. This group is going to try to out extreme one another and you are going to hear some insane things come out of their mouths.

Moderate Democrat. Maybe there is one that will emerge. However, there isn't one in the current field. But that's what that party needs if they want a fighting chance to beat Trump. 'Tis why Biden is the current leader in the polls. He is the closest thing to a moderate candidate right now. But I don't think he gets nominated. He is too old and too white. I actually think he gets eaten alive and bows out early.

The overlying theme of the dem party is diversity. Which I'm not against by the way. Diversity is a good thing. But making diversity the ONLY thing that matters is a major problem. Accepting ignorance for the sake of diversity is a major problem. Allowing criminal activity to go unchecked for the sake of diversity is a major problem.

And I concur that watching the Dems try to out-extreme one another for the sake of diversity/political correctness is going to be a train wreck. It already is. They eat their own on a daily basis in some of the most absurd ways imaginable. There is absolutely no possible way to cater to every single diverse group while simultaneously maintaining a 100% politically correct stance on all issues. But they have created that utopian bubble of diversity/pc-ness and are attempting to hold everyone to unreasonable standards. The nicest word I can think of to describe that mentality as it pertains to politics is "unsustainable". But I prefer to use another term: "insane".

Going to search and search, and a lot of them will never see the moderate democrat staring them in the face.

giphy.gif
Hahahaha. While I am in the process of typing all of that gibberish above ^^^^^Cosby goes ahead and Trumps me with the correct answer to finding a moderate dem.

He is absolutely correct. But of course...Orange Man Bad.

Moderate Democrat. Maybe there is one that will emerge. However, there isn't one in the current field. But that's what that party needs if they want a fighting chance to beat Trump. 'Tis why Biden is the current leader in the polls. He is the closest thing to a moderate candidate right now. But I don't think he gets nominated. He is too old and too white. I actually think he gets eaten alive and bows out early.

The overlying theme of the dem party is diversity. Which I'm not against by the way. Diversity is a good thing. But making diversity the ONLY thing that matters is a major problem. Accepting ignorance for the sake of diversity is a major problem. Allowing criminal activity to go unchecked for the sake of diversity is a major problem.

And I concur that watching the Dems try to out-extreme one another for the sake of diversity/political correctness is going to be a train wreck. It already is. They eat their own on a daily basis in some of the most absurd ways imaginable. There is absolutely no possible way to cater to every single diverse group while simultaneously maintaining a 100% politically correct stance on all issues. But they have created that utopian bubble of diversity/pc-ness and are attempting to hold everyone to unreasonable standards. The nicest word I can think of to describe that mentality as it pertains to politics is "unsustainable". But I prefer to use another term: "insane".

Diversity is such a crock of shit the way the left uses it (and honestly the way most people use it these days).

It's been said a thousands times, but it you mix a thousand people who all think the same but have different skin colors together, you don't have diversity. Unless all that really matters is the color of someone's skin.

I don't give a shit what color skin the top Democrat front runners have, they're all radical leftist loony toons. There's no diversity at all.

Donald Trump. That man brings diversity to politics. Everyone is else is a different shade of the same.

Hahahaha. While I am in the process of typing all of that gibberish above ^^^^^Cosby goes ahead and Trumps me with the correct answer to finding a moderate dem.

He is absolutely correct. But of course...Orange Man Bad.
Honestly they could have had one in Howard Schultz. At least he's one Billionaire who's basically said "Now hold on a darn minute...you want how much of my money?". Now don't get me wrong, he's a liberal, but at least he's one that understands the answers not in punishing the ones creating the jobs. Him running as an independent could really muddy the works for the far left Dims.

Reactions: ymmot31
UK students go one "hunger strike" to protest "food insecurities" on campus.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/education/article228531044.html

Damn white people, man.

UK, btw, has numerous resources to help students with food and housing.
This has to be a joke.

I have 3 at UK starting in the fall; there's more food choices there now than anytime in UK's history.

You want food insecurity? More like colon insecurity. Try making it back to your dorm restrooms at Haggin (we were right next door!) after eating the salad at Donovan cafeteria. That 50 foot run was the very definition of "insecure". Whatever they washed the salad with evidently came with a colon cleanser. Anyone at UK in the 80's can surely attest... heck, if you're like most males, you still have the brown streaked underwear to prove it.

Kids nowadays... they have no idea how good they have it.

UK students go one "hunger strike" to protest "food insecurities" on campus.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/education/article228531044.html

Damn white people, man.

UK, btw, has numerous resources to help students with food and housing.

WTF is "food Insecurity" damn these PC terms. If you can't afford food, go to one of the many establishments within walking distance of campus that have "Help Wanted" signs on the door and get a damn part time job. ohhh, but that will take away from their meditation and hackey sack time.

This has to be a joke.

I have 3 at UK starting in the fall; there's more food choices there now than anytime in UK's history.

You want food insecurity? More like colon insecurity. Try making it back to your dorm restrooms at Haggin (we were right next door!) after eating the salad at Donovan cafeteria. That 50 foot run was the very definition of "insecure". Whatever they washed the salad with evidently came with a colon cleanser. Anyone at UK in the 80's can surely attest... heck, if you're like most males, you still have the brown streaked underwear to prove it.

I wasn't a big salad eater back then, but did experience similar insecurities on the trip back to Haggin from K-Lax...I mean Lair. I was at UK from '89-'93

This has to be a joke.

Let the wanna be hippie starve to death. Call their bluff. I give them 48 hours. I may ask my daughter to order a pizza and go down there with her friends and eat it all in front of them.

Byron York: In subpoena fight, Trump lawyer told Mueller: 'You want to do it, you've got yourself a war'

Mueller and the president's team went back and forth on the question of a presidential interview for quite a while. "[Mueller] said, 'Well, John, I need to know what was in the president's head,'" Dowd recalled. "I said you already do, you know in real time."

The conflict dominated a difficult March 5, 2018, meeting. "I asked, what's the president's status?" Dowd said. "[Mueller said] he's a witness-slash-subject. And I said, you mean he has no exposure? He said that's right. So I knew then for sure, by inference, that [Mueller] had nothing to proceed on in the collusion and conspiracy area."

Still, Mueller said he needed to interview Trump, and that he might subpoena the president.

"He dropped that on the table, and I reacted very strongly," Dowd recalled. "I said go ahead, you're threatening this president with a subpoena. It's doubtful whether the [Justice Department] Office of Legal Counsel would have approved such a thing. ... But beside that, I said, well go ahead. I want to hear what you tell the court is your basis to do it when you don't have a crime, you've just told me [Trump] doesn't have any exposure, so what are you going to tell a U.S. district judge? Because we're going to move to quash this thing. And Jay Sekulow and his team were ready to do it ... We're ready to do it if you want to do it."

"Then he backed off, he said don't get upset," Dowd continued.

"I said, look, what basis do you have to do it? We're not afraid of a grand jury subpoena. You want to do it, you've got yourself a war and you're going to lose it. There's no way [Mueller] could win that. I think he concluded that, even with all the firepower he had on his side, I think they knew they couldn't do it. I think they thought they might scare us into it, but we were not going to go there."

The subpoena never came.

Turning to today's situation, Dowd said he was favorably impressed with Barr's summary of Mueller's key findings. But he felt Barr should have included a description of the Trump White House's cooperation with Mueller. As an example, Dowd pointed to notes taken by Annie Donaldson, a top aide to Don McGahn, then the White House counsel. Donaldson was present at critical meetings with the president and McGahn, and also Reince Priebus, then the White House chief of staff. She took detailed notes of the meetings, including what the president said. If she was not in the meeting, McGahn would go back to his office and dictate to Donaldson what had taken place.

All those notes were turned over to Mueller. "I challenge anyone to find a president that was so fully cooperative or transparent, and I must say particularly the intimate notes of his counsel and other senior staff that we produced," Dowd said. "Annie Donaldson's notes will take you 15 hours to read through them. They are the real-time comments and thoughts of the president in conference with Don McGahn and other lawyers at various times, and chief of staff Priebus, and other people. It was remarkable that that material was produced."

Dowd was well-known as an advocate of cooperation with the Mueller probe, believing it would help Mueller finish his job quickly. In that, he was disappointed. Dowd hoped Mueller would be done by the end of 2017 — "By early December, he had exhausted all of the evidence and the witnesses" — but the investigation dragged on until March 2019. Still, Dowd's cooperation policy yielded other benefits. Most significantly, it was a powerful argument against the accusation that Trump obstructed justice. "How could you possibly think this guy obstructed when he was so cooperative?" Dowd asked.

The bottom line is that Dowd is happy the investigation is over but unhappy it ever started. Despite the media frenzy, he said, the evidence showed there was simply nothing to the theory of Trump-Russia collusion. And yet the special counsel investigation went on for 674 days. Even now, the accusations of collusion and obstruction are still flying. "It's probably the biggest fraud ever committed against the people of the United States," said Dowd.

An award for a hoax. Sounds about right for the left.
Another reason I do not take the NAACP seriously. They lost all credibility decades ago when they decided to support only one political party. When that happen anything to advance colored people became a joke. All it did was drive 95% of them to the plantation forever. Note to advancement of colored people, you have been set free. Act like it.

wait until he starts referring to Morning Joe as 'Butthead" after the cartoon character. What the hell is up with Joe S's hair. Mika must be able to suck a golf ball thru a garden hose.
This is the one I am waiting for. I want Joe Scarborough to get destroyed. He is the fraud and hoax in the media. He played we in Florida for suckers by pretending to be a conservative congressman. It was all a lie. He knew he could never win as a liberal in North Florida and became something he wasn't. He needs to be brought down.

What I admire about @IdaCat is that he has properly evolved from trying to use logic with these stupid mf'ers to just laying into them.

I know, I laughed at that beat down because I thought back to when ida first started posting here.

An award for a hoax. Sounds about right for the left.

That award was promised to him before this thing ever went down. No one was supposed to be caught. No reason to stop now.

He pointed out the camera to the cops and said it should be on video. We laughed because we thought Jussie didn't know where the lens is on a camera. Nope, they staged the attack where they knew it wouldn't be filmed and ruin the narrative that it was two white guys.

Kamala Harris involved, Foxx involved, O'bama involved.

There is evil shit going on. I'm locked and loaded.

Reactions: qwesley and USSLair
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT