POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://arstechnica.com/information...-have-prevented-737-max-crashes-as-an-option/
Boeing is going to be crucified. They sold the safety features for their new MCAS system as add ons. Those 2 planes crashed becasue the pilots had no idea the sensor werent working because they didn't have the indicators. Of course now boeing is adding them in. They are going to lose bigly lawsuits

You should be right

We had an interesting conversation about this at work last week

We sometimes subcontract to Boeing but not for commercial aircraft....
And we sometimes compete against them as well
In a previous life I was a sub-sub tier to them for their 777 aircraft as well

They made design changes and never communicated the potential impact - to THE PILOTS

And pretty much admitted it

I’ve been involved in one flight safety related investigation before and it was MINOR compared to this (ironically it was a F18 and it was Boeing and Triumph Awrospace grilling my former company for over a year)

Heads should f-ing roll

And I don’t mean a freakin program manager somewhere either....

Boeing should be managing a re-qual that’s audited and witnessed every step of the way by the FAA / others and they should be checking out their supply chain down to at least two levels

D2WJoXXWoAAlPH6.jpg

I don’t think it’s that simple

He’s made statements that make me think he’s a rational nationalist and pro-sovereignty- supportive of some elements of traditional Russian culture and fully aware/vocal about the notion of “shadow government” aspects surrounding US policy at times

But we can’t be naive either

He’s positioning Russia with China (who is outspokenly advocating non-democratic Supra-national institutions to increase in power and control) and working with them / BRICS (et al) to undermine the dollar ....and seemingly nudge our republic over the cliff while acting as if they weren’t opposing us....

They’ve reportedly surpassed us with hypersonic nuclear weapons - and they DEFINITELY out foxed / took advantage of the Obama admin when it came to advocating that we sign on to HORRENDOUS treaty terms with “New START” - we wound up dismantling ALL MIRV capable Minuteman IIIs while they somehow upgraded

They’re an enigma
Seemingly playing two sides of a complex equation

There’s a lot more we could discuss about Russia but - that’ll have to happen over time
(NATO agitation/ annexation of Crimea / supporting Venezuela / making actual progress against ISIS when we acted like we couldn’t etc...)

Don't disagree with most of what you posted here. Which for me make the USA even more vulnerable with the narcissistic emotionally and mentally challenged idiot we have in the White House today.

The Bronze Age near east was the center of civilization and knowledge for a few thousand years, they were definitely extremely advanced in several fields of human endeavor. But rival basically anything we can do today? Other than artistry which is subjective, you'd be hard pressed to convince me they could accomplish any feat of strength, coordination, efficiency, or anything else better than we can today. Cyrus the Great shaped the modern world as we know it and probably would have made everyone on this board look like simpletons, but brew a cup of tea or talk to your friend in Korea? Any one of us idiots can do it more efficiently.

As for the question of equally, general relativity shows us that time is passing pretty evenly for all of us stuck to this rock. Unless you think the people on the ISS and their 28 microsecond per day difference is big enough to be worth mentioning.

Kudos for mentioning Cyrus the Great

There’s a huge cylinder in the Chicago museum of history that is covered in what looks like cuneiform....it details the Persian diplomatic activities after vanquishing the Babylonians and setting their Jewish (etc) slaves free to return home

I can’t prove it to you - and it doesn’t quite reach the level of conviction for me....but I believe that some of those older civilizations had spiritual powers- possibly the ability to levitate objects- types of electrical power - and city-states that would over shadow our greatest capitals in terms of splendor/ wealth and majesty

As for “progressing” we’re herky- jerkey about How we move forward in my opinion

We get better at empowering women ..::but then we have significant factions that assert that a man can be a woman ....simply by insisting that he is....and THREATEN you if you don’t go along (never mind the obvious damage to legit civil rights movements and other catch 22s that arise)

We try to become more aware of wildlife around us but then celebrate or turn a blind eye to “aborting” a full term baby....or promoting euthanasia for teens and the elderly (as is the case in prtsnof Europe)

We get better at transmitting data at the speed of light - but we adopt regressive and unsound approaches to public health and see hepatitis/ typhus outbreaks in a place like California

We somehow spend trillions on constantly upgrading our weaponry to the point of ridiculousness.....but can’t figure out why veterans are committing suicide at the rate they are

We innovate with visual cloaking - genetic manipulation- and electromagnetic propulsion.....but we have growing homeless populations and people without enough to eat

We beat Louisville and North Carolina
But the ncaa turns a blind eye to Zion and the Kansas wiretaps that link his recruitment to PAYOLA.....and still Duke isn’t questioned

Have I mentioned that I full blown HATE the North Carolina Tar Heels lately??
Admit to academic fraud....

And I’ll be DAMNED if Missouri football doesn’t get a one year bowl ban for it

Herky Jerky progress i tell ya :clap:

Don't disagree with most of what you posted here. Which for me make the USA even more vulnerable with the narcissistic emotionally and mentally challenged idiot we have in the White House today.

We can’t be cornered into seeing “Trump” as the be all end all symbol of our government

He’s a reflection of a specific period of history and a counter revolution IMO

We have to focus on electing another non-traditional candidate who will emphasize a government that’s accountable to the governed

I believe we need to focus on sovereignty in terms of shoring up our manufacturing base / economy- and have rational border control that provides epidemiological and economic protection for citizens

At the same time we should de-emphasize defense spending a bit and invest in our border area so we can find a way to make it easier for legitimate workers to move back and forth - while also taxing them modestly and providing a find for their well being that doesn’t erode tax funded programs etc

Time to pull back from the world stage a bit but that doesn’t have to mean isolationism

And stop toppling middle eastern leaders on a whim

AND LAUNCH a FULL FLEDGED INVESTIGATION INTO NORTH CAROLINA BASKETBALL FOR THENLOVE OF MIKE

nuke Duke

Is anyone else paying attention to the peace treaty that Jared K is about to outline for Israel and the Palestinians?

Our Secretary of State has been in Israel for about a week now?
Showing models of a new Temple Mount with a rebuilt / third Jewish temple apparently

I’m not trying to be drama king here - but that treaty is supposed to be unveiled April 9th

Which is - I think - Passover too

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
If there were any Justice in this world, Trump would go scorched earth on the people in the FBI, DOJ and Congress who promoted the charade.

Could you imagine a posthumous indictment of John McCain for Russian collusion?

Obviously nothing will actually happen.

I do believe there are some that should be tried for treason

Convinced of it actually

"Narcissistic emotionally and mentally challenged idiot", that could be used to describe 3/4 of everyone in Congress today. New democrat rockstar AOC, bartender turned Congresswoman, believes the world will end in 12 years.

You should be right

We had an interesting conversation about this at work last week

We sometimes subcontract to Boeing but not for commercial aircraft....
And we sometimes compete against them as well
In a previous life I was a sub-sub tier to them for their 777 aircraft as well

They made design changes and never communicated the potential impact - to THE PILOTS

And pretty much admitted it

I’ve been involved in one flight safety related investigation before and it was MINOR compared to this (ironically it was a F18 and it was Boeing and Triumph Awrospace grilling my former company for over a year)

Heads should f-ing roll

And I don’t mean a freakin program manager somewhere either....

Boeing should be managing a re-qual that’s audited and witnessed every step of the way by the FAA / others and they should be checking out their supply chain down to at least two levels

You realize this says more about the power of corporations than it does about government?

We can’t make meaningful changes like that happen when we continuously fall for the divide and conquer tactics though....

If ounare I’d modest intelligence and want this nation to thrive- and to have some shot at checks/balances and an accountable class of political representatives...then you have to take inventory of your life TODAY and find something you will give up in order to invest time into building rational consensus and MEANINGFUL change

What are your talents ? Your beat topics?
Do people listen to you?
Do you harbor convictions or passions centering on certain topics?

Are you networking with others?
Do you understand the basic structure and premise behind the primary instruments of government?

Can you craft policy or formal agreements?

Hell - can you listen and empathize with others?

START doing something

"Narcissistic emotionally and mentally challenged idiot", that could be used to describe 3/4 of everyone in Congress today. New democrat rockstar AOC, bartender turned Congresswoman, believes the world will end in 12 years.
Actually you are mis-representing her views to an extreme, it is intellectually dishonest of you. Her belief is contingent on our actions in the near future and most scientists agree with her.

Last night was almost as good as the 2016 Presidential election night. Libs lose again, but that is what losers do, so no surprise there!
Just wait til its released to the public and we all get to see where it says Trump is innocent. Ain't seen nothing yet.

You may actually be the best poster here. Intellect, sense of humor, real world experience---yeah I can appreciate that.

I’m perfectly imperfect - just like you

But that’s an awfully nice thing to say Booty

Hope you have very accommodating arrangements for our tourney game today, sir - hunker down and watch Reid Travis go to work down low while Tyler and KJ continue to slash and burn around the perimeter
And finally- we need that trademark three point defense to be ORNERY today!!

That’s pretty succinct and solid VHC

I’ll say we were generally better at recognizing destructive social trends....ehhhh..... up to about 30 or so years ago...and expressing some kind of unity across racial/ political lines when something was “beyond the pale” socio-politically

I know that’s kind of vague but...
This isn’t an exact science either :fistbump:

Also - we were probably a little better when it came to government red tape 50 years ago?

We got better at putting social constructs on a racially equal footing ....then we started to allow this obviously outlandish Marxist type agitation where equality and “justice “ have publicly become synonymous with suppressing and castigating whitey ....so we’re in danger of Fiddle-Farting the balance away there ....:bread:

Damn I'm going to have to call BS here. Go to the prisons look at proportion and population or crack vs cocaine sentencing, and then talk to me about Marxist type agitation where equality and justice are synonymous! What was that little white Stanford puppy who got excuse of rape by the lily white Stanford judge? One of thousands of miscarriages?

yeah, I like when folks use narcissist and emotional to describe Trump...

They can be applied to a lot of billionaires, successful people in general, hollywood types, media personalities, athletes, movement founders/leaders, talk show hosts, vloggers, bloggers, anyone with social media who think the world should care what they have to say because their "truth" is "unique"...

As for calling people names like mentally challenged idiots, when you have to start name calling you've lost the argument and have nothing productive to add.

Idiots don't graduate from Ivy league schools, build global businesses or date models...

Reactions: screwduke1
I’ll bet you a vandalized duke jersey that most EVERYONE here ...likes the idea of SOME kind of term limits for the political class....

Do you think that’s more correct than not?
I definitely support term limits but it'll never happen. Almost pointless to support them.

They can be applied to a lot of billionaires, successful people in general, hollywood types, media personalities, athletes, movement founders/leaders, talk show hosts, vloggers, bloggers, anyone with social media who think the world should care what they have to say because their "truth" is "unique"...

As for calling people names like mentally challenged idiots, when you have to start name calling you've lost the argument and have nothing productive to add.

Idiots don't graduate from Ivy league schools, build global businesses or date models...
Yes but extremely privileged rich white guys do. Hell they can even have their daddy keep them out of Vietnam and then claim they know more than all our generals do about the military.

Oh and the champion in chief for name calling is in the White House. You're just not very good at this.

I definitely support term limits but it'll never happen. Almost pointless to support them.

I do realize some of my zingers come out Polly-anna-ish sometimes

Uniting as an electorate and asserting for / legislating the reality of term limits isn’t an easy task at all

But isn’t it a fight worth fighting?
And isn’t THAT fight infinitely better than staying in the bizarre loop of self harm where we bicker with each other over (mostly) truly superficial stuff?

I mean - how in the HELL did the commonwealth of Kentucky manage to piss away the set aside funds for teachers pensions......and then somehow the political figureheads generally manage to act like it’s an UNSOLVABLE FKING MYSTERY???

Maybe I missed critical details since moving to Tucson but my sister in law was an elementary science teacher in Pike Co and between her updates and what I could find online - it seems that the political class simply.....STOLE the mother-trukin money

OR they were so fking negligent that they somehow “lost” it

Heads should roll over that $hit
It’s WORSE here in Arizona I think!

That kind of brazen / flaming normalization of political corruption and crime ....can’t go unchecked

If we continue to do NOTHING about shit like that.....then we are like a heroin addict laying in their own soiled clothes and filth.....we have become both mentally ill and reprehensibly disengaged

Orwell called it “quietism”

We’re getting mad for the wrong reasons
And directing it at the WRONG people

Actually you are mis-representing her views to an extreme, it is intellectually dishonest of you. Her belief is contingent on our actions in the near future and most scientists agree with her.
You will have to prove that. Most scientist do not believe if we do nothing that the world will end in 12 years. Please show where "most scientists" agree with that.

Reactions: delk4three
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT