POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cnn headline "Opinion: Why Mueller's report will be just the calm before the storm"

Reads like QAnon bullshit. Just continue to let the Russian puppet keep the reins, it's all part of the master plan.

Reactions: BigBlueDave
hillary-chris-farley-remember-that-time-you-colluded-with-trump-but-lost-then-blamed-on-trump-awesome.jpg

Is there any evidence of the democrat nominees for President colluding with Russia to steal the 2020 Presidential election? Maybe President Trump needs to have the Justice Department look into that, there has to be "something there", right? As an American citizen I certainly don't want to see a democrat nominee elected as President only to end up being a puppet of Russia. I'm sure in the past some of the nominees that are currently in congress were for a bill that would of helped the Russian government in some way. We need an investigation, just to be sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: screwduke1
Bill Maher:
“I don’t need the Mueller report to know Trump is a traitor. I have a TV.”

So did Mueller and his merry band of Cohorts. They had google too. And Wapo and The NY Times. And they concluded nothing.

Both numbers are calculations of real GDP growth. It is 3.1% depending on which calculation you use. Both calculations are commonly used depending on the source you are looking at. The BEA calculates and uses both methods. Frankly, I prefer looking at the fourth quarter 2017 compared with fourth quarter 2018 instead of annualized 2017 compared with annualized 2018. But that is just my opinion.
IMO, the best way to look at GDP is to look first at "per capita" GDP, then make comparisons. Go back and watch how per capita GDP increased quite a bit in Trump's first year. If Trump and obama both showed 2.9% increase that looks the same, but the percentages are based in very different numbers. The economy has responded positively to Trump's presidency than it did obama's

So we’re supposed to take people like Maher and Maddow seriously?? Report comes back not to their liking and then it’s “I don’t need the report” and crying?

Then other media outlets are trying to tell us what else bad Trump COULD be doing since their 2 year tantrum over Russia didn’t pan out?

I wish they’d watched all the other presidents like this. God knows all the corruption and scandal we could have uncovered.

Remember when fuzz/rq swore up and down there was Russia meddlin?

HAHAHHAHA stupid moron. Literally a dumb ass.
Call me a dumbass too, but what makes you think there wasn't, isn't ongoing for that matter, Russian meddling? I think there's likelihood. But Trump had nothing to do with it.

Civility - being able to make points without being demonized.

Rationality - not letting emotions rule us.

That’s pretty succinct and solid VHC

I’ll say we were generally better at recognizing destructive social trends....ehhhh..... up to about 30 or so years ago...and expressing some kind of unity across racial/ political lines when something was “beyond the pale” socio-politically

I know that’s kind of vague but...
This isn’t an exact science either :fistbump:

Also - we were probably a little better when it came to government red tape 50 years ago?

We got better at putting social constructs on a racially equal footing ....then we started to allow this obviously outlandish Marxist type agitation where equality and “justice “ have publicly become synonymous with suppressing and castigating whitey ....so we’re in danger of Fiddle-Farting the balance away there ....:bread:

Reactions: warrior-cat
Government is definitely a religion at this point.

Science is arguably a religion these days with the replication crisis.

Do you ban those things or no?

Why would you use the coercive power of The State ...to deny your fellow human beings the ability to respond to and search out their conscience?

Besides....

The vast majority of the world reflects SOME kind of “religion” ....and the world is becoming MORE religious- not less
(Not tacking a value statement onto to that assertion- just pointing out what I believe is self evident)

You might as well try to imprison the wind

Reactions: warrior-cat
It's hilarious how people on this boardtalk with such assumed authority. Putin has been at odds with the USA for his entire life and is now very happy with who our president is now. That's a very clear indicator people here ignore.

I don’t think it’s that simple

He’s made statements that make me think he’s a rational nationalist and pro-sovereignty- supportive of some elements of traditional Russian culture and fully aware/vocal about the notion of “shadow government” aspects surrounding US policy at times

But we can’t be naive either

He’s positioning Russia with China (who is outspokenly advocating non-democratic Supra-national institutions to increase in power and control) and working with them / BRICS (et al) to undermine the dollar ....and seemingly nudge our republic over the cliff while acting as if they weren’t opposing us....

They’ve reportedly surpassed us with hypersonic nuclear weapons - and they DEFINITELY out foxed / took advantage of the Obama admin when it came to advocating that we sign on to HORRENDOUS treaty terms with “New START” - we wound up dismantling ALL MIRV capable Minuteman IIIs while they somehow upgraded

They’re an enigma
Seemingly playing two sides of a complex equation

There’s a lot more we could discuss about Russia but - that’ll have to happen over time
(NATO agitation/ annexation of Crimea / supporting Venezuela / making actual progress against ISIS when we acted like we couldn’t etc...)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT