POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saudi prince wants Americans to vote for Hillary.

Said Americans need to make the right choice because how Trump says to not "let these people into the country", yet Jews wouldn't last a day in Saudi Arabia. A place that also beheads women who want rights.

The nerve of that Saudi shitbag.
Jeb won't vote for Trump and the Saudi's are saying vote for Hillary. Hmmm.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Reactions: P19978
I hate to say this but these countries have gotten comfortable with the America that goes along with whatever works for other countries and we sacrifice so that our liberties here are intact.

These countries we really don't like as a nation seemingly speaking against Trump seems to be in effort to scare us straight. When in fact I think it's begging for a fight. It won't cause me to not vote Trump personally but America better be careful both ways.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Both parties are scared shitless of Trump. Not for the reasons the public is being told , but because he is about to complete shift the voter bases.
The republicans have used religion and business platform to win elections for 25-30 years. Trump has turned that on its ear, he isn't using religion or morality as his soap box. His view on trade will directly hit the big business leaders pocketbooks.

The democrats have used Labor as a platform for the better part of 100 years. Trump, running as a republican has made labor his soap box, and is succeeding.

If he wins, 95% of elected officials in Washington won't have a platform to lean on.

The balance of power is shifting, Americans are growing tired of religion and social issues being crammed down our throats. We're tired of watching our jobs leave, and then drugs creep into the void.

I would probably be considered more evangelical than not. That said, how can ANY Christian support voting for either of the Clintons? I listen to Christian radio and am amazed at how they trash Trump. Granted, he's a poor candidate, but he is infinitely superior to hc. I just don't understand.
Beck is looney tunes. I had no idea that he was a Mormon. Explains a lot.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I hate to say this but these countries have gotten comfortable with the America that goes along with whatever works for other countries and we sacrifice so that our liberties here are intact.

These countries we really don't like as a nation seemingly speaking against Trump seems to be in effort to scare us straight. When in fact I think it's begging for a fight. It won't cause me to not vote Trump personally but America better be careful both ways.
The US government loves them some Saudis.

Saudi prince wants Americans to vote for Hillary.

Said Americans need to make the right choice because how Trump says to not "let these people into the country", yet Jews wouldn't last a day in Saudi Arabia. A place that also beheads women who want rights.

The nerve of that Saudi shitbag.

I read somewhere that 2-3 people a day get beheaded in SA. Often for things that are regarded as minor in non-Muslim parts of the world. They do it publicly and hang their headless bodies from cranes as a warning to others.

Reactions: Willy4UK
I read somewhere that 2-3 people a day get beheaded in SA. Often for things that are regarded as minor in non-Muslim parts of the world. They do it publicly and hang their headless bodies from cranes as a warning to others.

Exactly.

Saudis don't have a right to an opinion on 1st world operations.

Reactions: ram1955
Both parties are scared shitless of Trump. Not for the reasons the public is being told , but because he is about to complete shift the voter bases.
The republicans have used religion and business platform to win elections for 25-30 years. Trump has turned that on its ear, he isn't using religion or morality as his soap box. His view on trade will directly hit the big business leaders pocketbooks.

The democrats have used Labor as a platform for the better part of 100 years. Trump, running as a republican has made labor his soap box, and is succeeding.

If he wins, 95% of elected officials in Washington won't have a platform to lean on.

The balance of power is shifting, Americans are growing tired of religion and social issues being crammed down our throats. We're tired of watching our jobs leave, and then drugs creep into the void.

Why is it that messages people don't like to hear aren't merely "proclaimed" to them but instead.are "crammed down our throats?"

Just stay away from Fox News, Christian radio or television (which I am fairly certain most on here do) and don't go to church and you would hardly even know (other than driving by church buildings) that Christianity is a major religion in this country. Sheesh - crammed down our throats.

The lingering possibility of a third party conservative running is getting more interesting. There's a narrow, but possible, pathway for them not just acting as a spoiler, but actually winning the WHand sending both Trump and Clinton home.

But it would be tough as hell.

This could get wild or it might never take root. But it's still there...

What happened to the Republican candidates pledging that they would support the nominee? Untruthful politicians, who would have guessed.
Goes to show you what politicians are really made of....Trump is the closest thing to a statesman that we have. All others are clearly in it to maintain their position in their chosen political profession. It's that kind of stuff that will lead me to vote for Trump...Terrible candidate, but I'm pi$$ed.

Last edited:
Goes to show you what politicians are really made of....Trump is the closest thing to a statesman that we have. All others are clearly in it to maintain their position in their chosen political profession. It's that kind of stuff that will lead me to vote for Trump...Terrible candidate, but I'm pi$$ed.
setting side the weird logic of that last part: How many incumbents have you voted for during the last several national cycles? Not just POTUS, but congressmen, senators, etc?

it goes back to that cliche juxtaposition of Congress' approval rating vs its reelection rate.

Why is it that messages people don't like to hear aren't merely "proclaimed" to them but instead.are "crammed down our throats?"

Just stay away from Fox News, Christian radio or television (which I am fairly certain most on here do) and don't go to church and you would hardly even know (other than driving by church buildings) that Christianity is a major religion in this country. Sheesh - crammed down our throats.

You're misunderstanding me, I'm also a Christian. What I'm saying is politicians use religion and other issues as a dividing wedge to fire up voter bases. All the while ignoring REAL issues that are dragging the country down.

JOBS are the issue.

The lingering possibility of a third party conservative running is getting more interesting. There's a narrow, but possible, pathway for them not just acting as a spoiler, but actually winning the WHand sending both Trump and Clinton home.

But it would be tough as hell.

This could get wild or it might never take root. But it's still there...

Thats not a possibility, that's how Clinton gets elected, and I suspect you know it.

You're misunderstanding me, I'm also a Christian. What I'm saying is politicians use religion and other issues as a dividing wedge to fire up voter bases. All the while ignoring REAL issues that are dragging the country down.

JOBS are the issue.

Gotcha. That phrase about people having religion crammed down their throat in the US gets a rise out of me just about every time I see it. If anyone wishes to see religion crammed down people's throats, they can go to any Muslim country in the world and see it in spades.

Nothing.

That is the case if the rules benefit the management of those workers to do so. But what if management's pay is directly tied to the size of the workforce it manages? Replace 50% of the workers with automation, take a 50% cut in executive compensation.

We can all cherry-pick the short-comings of every approach to every problem. If there was a perfect approach, it would have been adopted somewhere at some time and then everyone would have followed suit. Since that perfect approach doesn't exist, we are left searching for the balance of approaches that render the best results.

While wealth isn't exactly a zero sum game, but I hope you can be honest enough to agree that in a hypothetical world if two economies exist of equal total size that the economy that had the flattest distribution of wealth would most likely be the strongest. Flattest doesn't mean everyone has the same, just that it has the highest median wealth. Left unfettered, wealth and power will accumulate into smaller and smaller groups. If you want to incentivize or simply allow that natural progression to take place then you're going to end up with a smaller and smaller group of elites who will garner more and more control while the economy on the whole becomes more and more weak. .

I don't agree at all. Don't drag down the top. Build up the bottom.

The Unions purpose is to get its members better wages and benefits. Union members wages also affect surrounding area workers wages.

They definitely have their faults, but they aren't awful.

But at the same time they give their members a false/inflated sense of market position. A short term positive, long term negative for the union member. Negative altogether for everyone else.

It's the bootstraps mentality.

Everyone who isn't rich is lazy, duh.

No one deserves to rich. Even if you're smart and work hard, it sometimes still doesn't work out. No need for all the hand wringing and bloated government agencies to fix something that can't be fixed.

Jeb Bush says he won't vote for Trump.

Who's Jeb bush *sarcasm*

I hope Trump nukes Saudi Arabia. That place is my #1 on my hate list.

The worst. I can't wait till we lose our foreign oil dependence so we can give them the destruction they deserve

Nothing.

But at the same time they give their members a false/inflated sense of market position. A short term positive, long term negative for the union member. Negative altogether for everyone else.

No one deserves to rich. Even if you're smart and work hard, it sometimes still doesn't work out. No need for all the hand wringing and bloated government agencies to fix something that can't be fixed.

Who's Jeb bush *sarcasm*

The worst. I can't wait till we lose our foreign oil dependence so we can give them the destruction they deserve
Us gets most of its petrol from Canada. Saudi Arabia just bought 1.2 billion worth of bombs from us back in November. I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure we sold them 60 billion worth of arms a few years ago. The us government and the Saudis are like this (crosses fingers). We're cool with them chopping off heads and doing whatever else they want.

"millionaires and billionaires fighting over money." Someone said that to describe a labor dispute in one of the pro sports leagues. Catchy. And I suspect that's how much of the rest of the world thinks about "income inequality" in America.

Forbes: "the typical person in the bottom 5 percent of the American income distribution is still richer than 68 percent of the world’s inhabitants."

There are people in the US hurting, for sure. But the fight really isn't about food, clothing and shelter. Much of the inequality squabbling is rather about one person in this crazed consumer culture not being able to buy as much cool stuff as another guy. The logical end point is Buffett bitching because Gates has more. And all power with the state, of course......

Big blue, it's not an inflated value, unions and members don't want t negotiate themselves out of a job. Generally they use wages and benefits from similar industries in the area in negotiating.

It all changed when we decided to eliminate or reduce tariffs on imports from third world countries.

As for wealth redistribution see the above. We've replaced higher earning US workers with cheaper foreign ones.

Wow people have such unreal ideas about unions. I guess in Kentucky they equate a dying industry (coal mining) with all unions. I've watch young men refuse to join my union only to see them join as middle aged men when they have finally seen the truth unfold for them and their family. I said "Do you remember when I tried to get you to better yourself years ago, do you realize how much better off you would be now if you had listen to men then? do you realize how much retirement benefit you would have built up by now?" They hang their head and say yes and they wished they had listened to me then. That's my real life experience and it has more impact than some internet discussion that reflects exactly opposite of that real life experience. Really hard for somebodies words to overshadow real life.

My issue with unions is not that they negotiate over wages, it's that they try to manage what work gets done, who does it, and how it should be done.

I tried to implement something at a chemical plant that would have made the plant more profitable AND increase the amount of union labor required. But those union effers tried to strong arm is for higher wages due to "a process change requiring a different skill set" even though it was still the same guys doing the job.

There seemed to be no foresight into how their actions will make upper management adjust future investment to avoid unions at all costs.

Negotiate wages and protect older workers, fine. But don't try to manage the work and protect flunkees. That's all I ask.

Thats not a possibility, that's how Clinton gets elected, and I suspect you know it.
It's a long shot for sure, but there's a lot of time before November.

If you had a ticket that could win Utah and, say, Wisconsin (or some other bluish Midwestern state), you'd send this thing to the House, where neither trump nor Clinton would be the favorite.

Again, very long shot....but this game is just tipping off.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
These politicians write their own jokes. Seriously, Hillary begging the Bush backers to send her their cash. What a crock. Makes sense because she is a neocon globalist just like the Bush family is. I expect her to start talking about a thousand points of light any day now on the stump.

Hillary forces target Bush donors

NEW YORK -- Hillary Clinton’s supporters in recent days have been making a furious round of calls to top Bush family donors to try to convince them that she represents their values better than Donald Trump, multiple sources in both parties told POLITICO.

The moves come as Clinton and the Democratic Party try to take advantage of deep unease among establishment Republicans on Wall Street and elsewhere with Trump’s emergence as the presumptive Republican nominee.

Top targets for the Clinton team include people like Woody Johnson, Jeb Bush’s former finance chair and the owner of the New York Jets. In recent days, Bush’s brother and father, former presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, have said they plan to skip Trump’s nominating convention.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...ory/2016/05/hilary-clinton-bush-donors-222872

Nothing.

Who's Jeb bush *sarcasm*

What are your suggestions to "build up the bottom"?
Top and bottom are relative terms. If the top continues to rise at a rate equal to the bottom then nothing is gained. If the top rises faster, ground is lost.
All societies need ditch diggers. We need teachers, cooks, cashiers, etc. If everyone had a Harvard education that would still be the case.
We can only use so many doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers...somebody is going to be stuck digging the ditches.

How did being CEO go from being worth 25 times the average worker's wages to more than 400 times those wages?...at a time that those workers productivity skyrocketed? It is because the the elite club decided that they would take it. They control the distribution of profits and they've decided that they deserve a larger share and they have the power to take that bigger piece of the pie.
It's kind of hard to "build up the bottom" without cooperation from the top. The pie is only so large.

Gotcha. That phrase about people having religion crammed down their throat in the US gets a rise out of me just about every time I see it. If anyone wishes to see religion crammed down people's throats, they can go to any Muslim country in the world and see it in spades.
Yes but, they will not admit that for fear of being labled an Islamaphobe or getting their head cut off. Those tactics actually work to scare people in to allowing them to do what they want right here in our own left leaning side of this country. Which by the way, should scare most Americans who love this country and our way of life in to making sure they do not get a solid hold here because, when they do, game over.

Reactions: P19978 and ram1955
Some people in this country are really content with doing little to nothing and living with just enough to get by so they can live this way. I know this because, I know a few people in the circles that I run in who actually say this. Just yesterday, I went with four people from our Karate School to a tournament near Tulsa to help judge. One of these guys who is 55 years old (a black belt who trains almost everyday) collects social security disability money (about $750.00 a month) and does not work. After the tournament was over, they had an auction in which I payed $ 1200.00 for a Japanese sword from Temple made in WWII and a Japanese rifle used in WWII. The auction was used to raise money for Missionary work. Well, on the way home, he said to me, "What are you rich?". I told him no but, make enough for me to buy something like this from time to time. He said that he wished could could afford a new motorcycle because his old panhead was going belly up. He said he needed a job that would give him around $400.00 dollars a month so he could afford it. I told him that he could make that just about anywhere. His response was that he did not want a real job, just one that he could be payed $100.00 dollars a week under the table and not have to work many hours to do it. He ask if I could give him some kind of work and pay him in this manner. Of course my answer was no.

BTW, this guy has also voted Democrat his whole life and will vote Hillary because republicans are rich and the democrats are the only ones who try to give them money to help their situation more.

Reactions: P19978 and ram1955
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT