POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, no one blamed Bush for anything. You people are as blind as you are dumb. Never taking responsibility for your contributions (which were/are major) to the current problems we are now experiencing. Pathetic.
Oh I know that the current administration has plenty of faults, flaws and **** ups.

"Almost completely" was probably a tad bit of hyperbole. But let's not act like republicans don't create problems and then have their constituents blame the problems on liberals.

Kinda like you all bitch about the national debt and blame it solely on obama when 30% of it has come from two wars that have done nothing but vulcanize terrorist factions and create total unrest in an unstable region..

There has been unrest in the ME for thousands of years. There will continue to be unrest. For the last 1400+ years, muslims have been terrorizing anyone of any faith other than islam, but especially Jews and Christians. They've been especially hostile since the formation of Israel and now they obviously have us in their sights.

Did the Bush wars do any good? Maybe, maybe not. Did obama withdrawing our troops, which provided the only semblance of order, help any?

I simply cannot understand how anyone that loves our country and culture could be opposed to any/all efforts to stop the scourge of muslim or any other type of terrorism. Who knows, maybe violence is not the way. Maybe we should love them, make friends with them, give them reason to embrace our way of life. Wonder how they'd respond?

I agree with you that Republicans have created a ton of problems, just as the dems have. Thus, the Trump-love we're seeing now. People are tired of ALL the crap....they apparently want a different kind of crap.

Interesting to see morons conveniently lumping Afg with Iraq when it comes to debt when the 99% of Dems advocated going there and also ignore Clinton's indifference to the region, even after the 1992 attack, that allowed the threat to build. Only time that side even mentions 9/11 is in some bullshit context that blames America or Bush. And once again how did Clinton, Kerry, Hagel, Biden, Reid, Schumer, Pelosi, et al vote on those?

As far as spending Obama has ignored his own panel on tackling debt. Within the sequestration process and afterward as well as the tax increases of 2012 he has shown, clearly to non-morons, he has nothing but disdain for any discussion of spending despite saying he wanted a "balanced" approach to debt reduction a million times. The major irony though is he, and his fluffers on here, have actually tried to brag about the positive effect of the $93b of sequestration cuts on the deficit even as he has publicly blasted those same cuts and lied blatantly about the chaos they would cause.

Last edited:
Trump has flip flopped on every major position at least once. Yet somehow he's supposed to be this bastion of integrity.

Manufacturing is not coming back to the states. Sure we can improve those numbers a little but manufacturing as people like to remember from the 70s and 80's is history. If Chinese or Mexicans aren't taking your manufacturing jobs, automation is. If companies are 'forced' to manufacture in America they will just use automation to limit their labor costs.

Hell, Trump just went back on his big selling point of using his own money and will be taking PAC and donor money just like everybody else he likes to call dishonest. His words are just words to him.

Republicans elected a freakin used car salesman to run for President. Unreal. Idiocracy is moving towards documentary status with every passing day.

The problem is you underestimate the leverage of the US. I don't expect the job numbers to ever be what they were before, but something needs to change, for christ's sake look around you.

Why do you think fast food workers want $15 dollars an hour? That used to be an entry level job, now adults are trying to live off them. Why? Why do you think Toyota and other foreign manufacturers decided to move plants to the US, because they wanted too? No, Reagan forced their hand, if you want to use our market you're either going to build a percentage of the product here, or pay a ridiculous tariff.

You remind of the folks that were on this very site saying the US could never pump enouigh oil to lower gas prices more than a penny several years ago.

"Conservatives love to throw conservatives out of conservatism"

/ Peggy Noonan

So true, and certainly a far cry from our counterparts on the left...
Thirst for power over everything else with no regard to accountability. It is why I won't support Trump.....that is what catdaddy (cardkilla), deeeee, and albany would do.

Notice, how the Dems on here will not even discuss HRC?

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
There is a long and somewhat interesting read on Ben Rhodes in the NY Mag. Rhodes is a (former?) fiction writer who has been Obama's top foreign policy adviser, speech writer, and messaging leader. He is also the brother of the head of CBS News. This particular paragraph stuck out as how they control the press:

As Malley and representatives of the State Department, including Wendy Sherman and Secretary of State John Kerry, engaged in formal negotiations with the Iranians, to ratify details of a framework that had already been agreed upon, Rhodes’s war room did its work on Capitol Hill and with reporters. In the spring of last year, legions of arms-control experts began popping up at think tanks and on social media, and then became key sources for hundreds of often-clueless reporters. “We created an echo chamber,” he admitted, when I asked him to explain the onslaught of freshly minted experts cheerleading for the deal. “They were saying things that validated what we had given them to say.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/m...o-became-obamas-foreign-policy-guru.html?_r=0

Always funny to read Dems try to crush Trump all the while supporting the most corrupt politician of my lifetime.

Reactions: P19978
I think people on this board have been far harder on HRC than any other candidate, and that includes Dems. I didn't realize how personally hard on her I had been until I searched my history and saw that I had made quite a few negative post about her during the primaries. But if it makes you feel better then go ahead and cry about it.

I'm actually excited Trump is the one to take HRC on in the general.

Hillary's collar getting tighter still.

"That things have gotten this far in the investigation indicates that FBI director James Comey is moving inexorably toward recommending to Attorney General Loretta Lynch that Hillary be indicted."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ed-klein-human-abedin-testify-hillary-clinton/2016/03/22/id/720362/

It's well known that Foster was killed to cover-up Hillary's affair with him.
http://radaronline.com/photos/hilla...ntic-getaways-sex-tape-reports/photo/1235640/

FTS, pretty sure everyone assumed, 99% chance correctly, you posting far right links like those was satire and/or trolling. You have fooled no one.

I now think Hillary is F'd. Some media outlets are already favoring Trump - obviously, as he draws way more views than Hillary.

In think she's too lame to register in the media and that means she cannot win.

While GOP has nominated 3 straight moderate POTUS candidates, the Dem party has moved farther left.

ChwH3xfU4AAYNx3.jpg

That certainly gives insight as to how obama crushed media more than anybody I've ever seen.

There is a long and somewhat interesting read on Ben Rhodes in the NY Mag. Rhodes is a (former?) fiction writer who has been Obama's top foreign policy adviser, speech writer, and messaging leader. He is also the brother of the head of CBS News. This particular paragraph stuck out as how they control the press:

As Malley and representatives of the State Department, including Wendy Sherman and Secretary of State John Kerry, engaged in formal negotiations with the Iranians, to ratify details of a framework that had already been agreed upon, Rhodes’s war room did its work on Capitol Hill and with reporters. In the spring of last year, legions of arms-control experts began popping up at think tanks and on social media, and then became key sources for hundreds of often-clueless reporters. “We created an echo chamber,” he admitted, when I asked him to explain the onslaught of freshly minted experts cheerleading for the deal. “They were saying things that validated what we had given them to say.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/m...o-became-obamas-foreign-policy-guru.html?_r=0

That makes things more clear. Obama pretty much laid down the social marketing blueprint for anybody, company, group, whatever.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Now wouldn't that be a twist of fate. Hillary loses the media because Trump brings in more tv dollars. Ha!

She better think of something. Problem is she has so many skeletons and no personality. She is not marketable at all. I do not know wtf dems are doing.....rep's don't know wtf is going on. This is just a weird time, and Donald is just smiling.

Fn Reuters is putting out somewhat flattering blurbs about Donald. They're testing the waters and I don't think Hillary will bring enough to clicks to keep media out of trumps camp. It's just business. Trump knows that. Obama perfected that.

FTS, pretty sure everyone assumed, 99% chance correctly, you posting far right links like those was satire and/or trolling. You have fooled no one.
If I posted New York Times articles you would have blasted them as biased. There's just no pleasing you.

Now wouldn't that be a twist of fate. Hillary loses the media because Trump brings in more tv dollars. Ha!
Certainly wouldn't be surprising in 2016 when media are competing for their lives. Just as R's were light years behind Obama's Twitter-length "hope and change" and "historic" in 08 by nominating freaking John McCain.

And there isn't a damn thing Hillary can do about it. She's going to get beat.

Certainly wouldn't be surprising in 2016 when media are competing for their lives. Just as R's were light years behind Obama's Twitter-length "hope and change" and "historic" in 08 by nominating freaking John McCain.

Yeah I can see it happening too

When does Obama do something? He could instantly decide this election if he went pretty hard for Hillary. Just one of his his special press conferences where he looks super concerned and wants to speak to the hearts of the people because he cares...with many...pauses...uh...and concerned eyebrow movements to let the people know that Hillary cares about them, and Donald doesn't. Election over. But how much does that cost? Who would the Clinton's have to kill for Obama to give them that favor? Or is this understood, and going to happen at a later date closer to the election? Or sooner if trump has garnered too much media attention and they need to instantly away the media back to Obama/D's and Hillary by default.

[laughing]

yeah, manufacturing jobs started disappearing in the 90s. right

trump was creating thousands upon thousands of careers in atlantic city at the time

I didn't say they started disappearing in the 90's, but I don't know what to tell you if don't think NAFTA hyper accelerated it.

What did Hillary ever create in the private sector?

When does Obama do something? He could instantly decide this election if he went pretty hard for Hillary. Just one of his his special press conferences where he looks super concerned and wants to speak to the hearts of the people because he cares...with many...pauses...uh...and concerned eyebrow movements to let the people know that Hillary cares about them, and Donald doesn't. Election over. But how much does that cost? Who would the Clinton's have to kill for Obama to give them that favor? Or is this understood, and going to happen at a later date closer to the election? Or sooner if trump has garnered too much media attention and they need to instantly away the media back to Obama/D's and Hillary by default.

I don't think that will help her, maybe short term it would. The problem with Hillary is at some point she'd going to be in the spotlight, and she has the personality of a dead fish.

What will happen is around the end of October the FBI will release a statement stating there was no wrong doing in the email flap. She'll get a bump in numbers, temporarily, but it could put her over the top.

Always funny to read Dems try to crush Trump all the while supporting the most corrupt politician of my lifetime.

Of anyone's lifetime

I didn't say they started disappearing in the 90's, but I don't know what to tell you if don't think NAFTA hyper accelerated it.

What did Hillary ever create in the private sector?

OR what's she ever created in general?

Reactions: Bill Derington
Man I didn't realize FTS had been so hard on Clinton. Surprised that stuff didn't get censored by the mods to be honest.

I'm very happy Trump beat back the far right candidates like Cruz and Walker. It's just kind of a bonus that he crushed your man Rubio, too, who, while not a far right guy, nevertheless is a pandering light weight. Trump did just what he needed to do and I enjoyed it.

I don't know who's to blame, but the 10-man debate stage was all Donald needed to get the traction he needed - you have to be impressed with the way he handles the media and all the debaters on stage looking at each other thinking "how do I debate this guy, we didn't go over this in debate class".

Man I didn't realize FTS had been so hard on Clinton. Surprised that stuff didn't get censored by the mods to be honest.
Oh, he said all the Dems have been harder on her than anybody. He also, despite hating the tea party and the GOP, skims far right sites like Newsmax and posts stuff here for some purpose, bizarre.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
It's not trolling. You're just mad I was correct all along about Trump being a serious candidate for the GOP nomination.

The problem is that the elite and the politicians and media that prop them up pay no attention to the calm voice of the people. They just set in motion outrageously self-serving deals for their class, hunker down and wait for the mild storm to blow over and reap their benefits.

Common people may eventually come to realize that there is no respectful way to address these issues that will cause these people to budge. That leaves nothing effective to do except gather the mob with their pitchforks and axes and storm the gates (just rhetoric, in case Homeland Security - or mods - are monitoring).

Short of that, the other option is to choose a leader that is unbeholden to the elite. Someone who might actually intervene in this country's suicidal plunge, inasmuch as they can. And many can see that Trump, obnoxious as he is, just might be that leader.
star, I didn't speak to the voice of the people, I spoke to the voice of leadership. Yes, the mob is always ready to grab their pitchforks and torches and seek the enemy real or imagined...it's up to leadership to be the voice of reason.

What is this suicidal plunge about which you speak?

What we have, good and bad is the result of capitalism. One reaches "elite" status through the accumulation of wealth and once that elite level of wealth is achieved the instinct to preserve one's status takes over.
In a capitalist society the golden rule is, he who has the gold, makes the rules. In the early 1900's the US started to take steps to neutralize some of that power. Anti-Trust legislation was the first step to not allow one person, one company to completely monopolize trade. Labor unions were formed to give workers a voice against the power of business. Progressive taxation.... all small steps to lessen the tilt of the playing field. The last 35 years or so we have done nothing but take actions to further the tilt.

The Military Industrial Complex that Eisenhower warned us about is real. How else can it be that we can spend more than the next dozen largest militaries combined and still people clamor that it isn't enough?

There is so much in this thread I want to comment about...

Trump or Hillary...a stick in the eye or a punch in the nuts?

Perhaps Trump will ask Bernie to be his running mate...how would that shake things up? I'd vote for it.

he deflected of course......troll or just dumb as hell...he's been busted this way a dozen times. Only way he does not vote for Hillary is getting arrested waiting in line for fapping in anticipation.

Don't tell Jamo that this early or he will change his name and I won't get paid!

I don't think Jamo is off base in his side of the bet, and conversely I won't be dumb and cite poll skews as my reason like in '12. Just think if we are looking at this cycle through a current/progressive (lols) lense the conventional wisdom of yesteryear is going to be a day late dollar short.

I mean, Trump has *waxed* conventional wisdom so far.

And if you want track record, why not bring Hillary's national election TR into account? Last time she ran she got run by a non-pol that energized, same damn thing is happening here.

This is, after all, about the same time give or take a few months that everyone realized "oh yeah, she's shrieky cold corrupt calculating bitch who *also* happens to be dull as effing fence post.

Enjoy.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Kasich worked hard to be Trump's VP, stayed in the race screening out Rubio & then Cruz. Would give Trump a sense of seriousness & legitimacy, a highly thought of guy across party lines in an important state.

but who in the hell knows what Trump's mindset will be on this thing, his candidacy has never tended to the norm or the safe expected route.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT