POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What data do you have that shows the policies aren't scalable? I hear that argument constantly from the right. "Scandinavia's welfare policies only work cause they have a 'homogeneous population'." So it makes sense for a government/society to assist their people if they're white, but the minute you see a brown person, no help for anyone? I mean I know most of y'all are racist, but only some of you this openly. There are countries all over the world with "homogeneous populations", if that's the defining factor of success then why doesn't Uzbekistan have Norway's standard of living? Or how about this nugget, Scandinavia has some of the lowest rates of religiosity in the world, by far the majority of their citizens aren't religious. So this idyllic population you're all fantasizing about that's so virtuous they're able to resist being corrupted by sinister government handouts is overwhelmingly not Christian. Are you saying that your Christian faith is why these policies won't work here? After all the only reason they work in Scandinavia is the "homogeneous population"....

Where are you getting that the majority of Scandinavians aren't Christian? That isn't accurate.

Where are you getting that the majority of Scandinavians aren't Christian? That isn't accurate.

Christian or not, who wants to live like a Scandinavian?

The average home in any of those countries is under 900 square feet.

The two bedroom apartment I had in college was 1100.

Nobody wants to live in a cracker box unless they have to.

Nobody wants to drive one either. The large Ford suv sales are up 35% even without some major design change. People don't drive them in Europe because gas is $6/gallon there.

Reactions: P19978
Look it up for yourself. It varies slightly across countries but the percentage of self-described atheists is higher than church-going Christians across the board, and atheists + agnostics are over 70% of the population.

California:
NWQ6.gif

Government is definitely a religion at this point.

Science is arguably a religion these days with the replication crisis.

Do you ban those things or no?

Maybe your definition of science. Science tells me that 2+2 is four and I can verify that easily.

Religion tells me that a dude was born without his mom getting ****ed, that dude allowed himself to be tortured and crucified for every stranger in perpetuity, that dude was resurrected after a few days, etc.

I’ll take science, thanks.

Maybe your definition of science. Science tells me that 2+2 is four and I can verify that easily.

Religion tells me that a dude was born without his mom getting ****ed, that dude allowed himself to be tortured and crucified for every stranger in perpetuity, that dude was resurrected after a few days, etc.

Math is not science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis

It's literally a coin flip whether or not an experiment can be replicated. Jesus being birthed to a virgin mother and going on to tell you not to be a dick to your neighbor and a bunch of the other old wives tales from that book is not bad for you. Following Science's upside down food pyramid is.

What data do you have that shows the policies aren't scalable? I hear that argument constantly from the right. "Scandinavia's welfare policies only work cause they have a 'homogeneous population'."

There is only data showing you can't scale the policies; you just have to pull your head out of the sand. One obvious difference between the homogeneous pop of some country like Denmark and the USA is the obesity rates we have. We are fat af, and what that does is lead to all sorts of preventable health issues like diabetes, which isn't cheap in itself then it comes with its own complications like strokes and heart disease which just ratchet up the bills.

And you people can't think but in racist terms (yes, because you are racists and you know it), homogeneous doesn't necessarily mean white only, what it actually means is a shared culture centuries old where people have formed by and large the same ideals and goals, one of those being not going through drive throughs for lunch everday. You are welcome to do that here in the land of the free all that you want, but you aren't allowed to take away others' freedom by forcing them to pay for your indulgences. The Danes are ok with over 50% of their income going to the government to support their society, and that is precisely what happens be it through income or 20% value added sales taxes and various other means of the government generating revenue to support expensive social programs, it's not realistic to ever think Americans are going to be ok with that. They are ok with foregoing some freedom, and economic freedom is freedom, we are not. We already complain about 2 dollar gas, noone is going to be happy paying 3-4 times as much no matter how delsional your naive leftist ideals are. And this really isn't left vs right, if you go too far right you can end up with same economic nonsense just for different motives.

Last edited:

Meh.

Your "religion" tells us that mankind (and nature) is the result of some cosmic luck.

I'll take God, thanks.

Government is definitely a religion at this point.

Science is arguably a religion these days with the replication crisis.

Do you ban those things or no?
This is not true because science will admit when it's wrong, in fact it sets out to prove with empirical data what the answer to a posed questioned is right or wrong. Your belief is fairly inconsequential in science, what you can prove or disprove is what rings the bell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT