POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Christian or not, who wants to live like a Scandinavian?

The average home in any of those countries is under 900 square feet.

The two bedroom apartment I had in college was 1100.

Nobody wants to live in a cracker box unless they have to.

Nobody wants to drive one either. The large Ford suv sales are up 35% even without some major design change. People don't drive them in Europe because gas is $6/gallon there.
Gas is higher in most places there than $6.00. It was $6.00 or more last time I was there in the 90's

Meh.

Your "religion" tells us that mankind (and nature) is the result of some cosmic luck.

I'll take God, thanks.
Something started from nothing. It's settled science. Also, the same scientist say that it was a one time thing and the conditions were just right. The probability of it happening the same way it did here on earth again is probably impossible. Lucky us.

Reactions: JStaff2187
Pretentious atheists strike again! So it turns out historians, a vast majority of whom concede that Jesus Christ existed, were wrong, and that pastafarian, hedonistic atheists had it right the whole time. Flying Spaghetti Monster, bro!

Reactions: JStaff2187
There is only data showing you can't scale the policies; you just have to pull your head out of the sand. One obvious difference between the homogeneous pop of some country like Denmark and the USA is the obesity rates we have. We are fat af, and what that does is lead to all sorts of preventable health issues like diabetes, which isn't cheap in itself then it comes with its own complications like strokes and heart disease which just ratchet up the bills.

And you people can't think but in racist terms (yes, because you are racists and you know it), homogeneous doesn't necessarily mean white only, what it actually means is a shared culture centuries old where people have formed by and large the same ideals and goals, one of those being not going through drive throughs for lunch everday. You are welcome to do that here in the land of the free all that you want, but you aren't allowed to take away others' freedom by forcing them to pay for your indulgences. The Danes are ok with over 50% of their income going to the government to support their society, and that is precisely what happens be it through income or 20% value added sales taxes and various other means of the government generating revenue to support expensive social programs, it's not realistic to ever think Americans are going to be ok with that. They are ok with foregoing some freedom, and economic freedom is freedom, we are not. We already complain about 2 dollar gas, noone is going to be happy paying 3-4 times as much no matter how delsional your naive leftist ideals are. And this really isn't left vs right, if you go too far right you can end up with same economic nonsense just for different motives.
So you freely admit the only problem with taking similar steps in America is that, "it's not realistic to ever think Americans are going to be ok with that." Got it.

54369329_975493075988715_8515568006363873280_n.jpg
Um, average effective tax rate in USA is 24% per household.

Paid vacation time varies widely in the US. Many US employers are climbing on board the paid parental leave train. President Trump's budget calls for 6 weeks. Of course, jerks in the Democrat-controlled House probably disapprove.

How much more of this BS post shall I destroy?

Saw this headline on Drudge...

Surprising number trust AI to make better decisions than politicians...

What number would surprise you? Anything less than 100%? I'd trust a trash can to make better decisions than politicians. At least a trash can probably won't screw anything up.

Upon actually clicking the headline, the study was from the UK and it's 25%.

So you freely admit the only problem with taking similar steps in America is that, "it's not realistic to ever think Americans are going to be ok with that." Got it.

No... what is it with you leftists, you literally can't discuss anything without trying to create some stupid straw man to assail against.

What I am telling you basically is that in all your experienced wisdom, you don't have a clue of what you are talking about. You don't bother to even try to think things through at all, not even a token or cursory attempt to, so you just try to oversimplify everything to fit your ideology, assume the other person is nefarious and has the same character flaws you do, and then in the end are forced to quell freedom of speech because you can't contend with reality.

SOrry you partying bros, your 105 IQ just won't cut it here. Show me how precisely how your stupid ideas will work that we all need to rally behind lest we be left behind by your lunacy and I'll buy my 30 dollar che guavera shirt at american outfitters and stand right by ya.

***here I'm not attacking you per se, just your kind.... it never ceases to amaze me how dumb you are whilst being so certain in you being correct about anything, your damn ideals aren't new they are old ideas generated from smart but vile francogerman pseudo-intellectuals who prey on and expose your gullibility***

Elizabeth Warren has to be the absolute nerdiest white woman I’ve ever seen. The most cringe square.

Her manufactured beer thing was embarrassing but you also know you can just see her putting her hands on her hips and saying, “By golly, I’m going to do a rain dance and bring back communism and end this darn racism.”

Elizabeth Warren has to be the absolute nerdiest white woman I’ve ever seen. The most cringe square.

Her manufactured beer thing was embarrassing but you also know you can just see her putting her hands on her hips and saying, “By golly, I’m going to do a rain dance and bring back communism and end this darn racism.”

I wish a Trump woman would punch her in the face. I'd like to do it, but that's misogynistic

No... what is it with you leftists, you literally can't discuss anything without trying to create some stupid straw man to assail against.

What I am telling you basically is that in all your experienced wisdom, you don't have a clue of what you are talking about. You don't bother to even try to think things through at all, not even a token or cursory attempt to, so you just try to oversimplify everything to fit your ideology, assume the other person is nefarious and has the same character flaws you do, and then in the end are forced to quell freedom of speech because you can't contend with reality.

SOrry you partying bros, your 105 IQ just won't cut it here. Show me how precisely how your stupid ideas will work that we all need to rally behind lest we be left behind by your lunacy and I'll buy my 30 dollar che guavera shirt at american outfitters and stand right by ya.

***here I'm not attacking you per se, just your kind.... it never ceases to amaze me how dumb you are whilst being so certain in you being correct about anything, your damn ideals aren't new they are old ideas generated from smart but vile francogerman pseudo-intellectuals who prey on and expose your gullibility***
How am I creating a straw man when I'm just quoting you? You said it, not me.

How about Sweden too if Norway isn't good enough for you. Or Denmark. Give it up man.

You’re posting links that don’t say what you wrote. You wrote that over 70% of Scandinavians were atheist or agnostic. That isn’t what those links say.

70% of Swedes belong to a Christian church, 45% of Danes do, and 60% of Norwegians do.
That’s a big difference from over70% are agnostic or atheist.

You’re posting links that don’t say what you wrote. You wrote that over 70% of Scandinavians were atheist or agnostic. That isn’t what those links say.
Some quotes directly from the page. "Approximately 67.8% of the population in 2015 had no religious affiliation," "63% of Dutch people think that religion does more harm than good," "67.8% of the Dutch population considers themselves to be irreligious."

Last edited:
Some quotes directly from the page. "Approximately 67.8% of the population in 2015 had no religious affiliation," "63% of Dutch people think that religion does more harm than good," "67.8% of the Dutch population considers themselves to be irreligious."

“Christians comprised 43.8% of the total population and were divided between Catholics with 23.7% and the members of the Protestant Church of the Netherlands with 15.5%, members of other Christian denominations were the 4.6%”

Also copied directly from the page,

This is not true because science will admit when it's wrong, in fact it sets out to prove with empirical data what the answer to a posed questioned is right or wrong. Your belief is fairly inconsequential in science, what you can prove or disprove is what rings the bell.

According to the Wikipedias, in 2013, 71% of science is funded by industry. Do you think that funding is inconsequential to the result?

(hint: you wouldn't believe for any other topic)

70% of Swedes belong to a Christian church, 45% of Danes do, and 60% of Norwegians do.
That’s a big difference from over70% are agnostic or atheist.

I’m a huge fan of Democrats citing Scandanavian countries all the time (I’ve got this user blocked so don’t know his context) without a hint of looking at demographics.

How am I creating a straw man when I'm just quoting you? You said it, not me.

So you don't even know what a straw man argument is.

It is a straw man because you are attempting to boil my entire post to one sentence which I didn't even say, I never said the only problem nor did I imply any primacy to that particular sentence, but yes it is unrealistic to expect Americans to all of sudden become un-American. Also that was expounding more on the uniform and shared cultural identity a Scandinavian country has with respect to homogeneity, not about the many real problems we would face by implementing European style social democratic policies in the US.

I said it not you is precisely right; you don't have any experience of what Europe is actually like. No appreciation whatsoever as to why it's normal working class people protesting being taxed to death every weekend in France. No appreciation for the problems they will continue to face as they continue to import a lower class to sustain their economies. No appreciation for what free actually means. You want to have your cake and eat it too without realizing it doesn't get better than what you got. If you have the time and resources to shitpost on the Catpaw, the only person stopping you from being whatever you want is you, no amount of government handouts are going to help you be any less miserable.

Was thinking we have nothing to worry about as far as bernie goes running for president. He'll be dead not even half way through his term. The guys head looks like its coming out of his sternum.

Come to think of it, saw a recent pic of Biden and hes starting to look like the guy that chose the wrong cup off indiana jones and the last crusade.

Warren...lol. at that townhall someone asked about her being racist to get that faculty job at harvard, and she couldnt really answer for it. Trump would melt her on stage.

So far heres what we got from empty suit Beto:
Person asks question.
Beto: let me answer your question by asking a question. What would you like the answer to be?
Person: um
Beto: I'm a furry

Hoebama harris is just saying whatever sticks.

Down to Beto and Harris. I think Dem elite want Harris. But think they'll have to accept Beto. He has more love from msm and social media than anyone I recall. Even more than Obama.

Don't know how you stop that when you (Harris) depends on those same entities to carry her. Not happening unless there's a major turn

Down to Beto and Harris. I think Dem elite want Harris. But think they'll have to accept Beto. He has more love from msm and social media than anyone I recall. Even more than Obama.

Don't know how you stop that when you (Harris) depends on those same entities to carry her. Not happening unless there's a major turn
CNN possibly turning on beto

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

No way. The "Yang Gang" is about to start a revolution.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
So you don't even know what a straw man argument is.

It is a straw man because you are attempting to boil my entire post to one sentence which I didn't even say, I never said the only problem nor did I imply any primacy to that particular sentence, but yes it is unrealistic to expect Americans to all of sudden become un-American. Also that was expounding more on the uniform and shared cultural identity a Scandinavian country has with respect to homogeneity, not about the many real problems we would face by implementing European style social democratic policies in the US.

I said it not you is precisely right; you don't have any experience of what Europe is actually like. No appreciation whatsoever as to why it's normal working class people protesting being taxed to death every weekend in France. No appreciation for the problems they will continue to face as they continue to import a lower class to sustain their economies. No appreciation for what free actually means. You want to have your cake and eat it too without realizing it doesn't get better than what you got. If you have the time and resources to shitpost on the Catpaw, the only person stopping you from being whatever you want is you, no amount of government handouts are going to help you be any less miserable.
I know what a straw man is it’s setting up a windmill to tilt at. I merely quoted you, getting to the heart of your issue. You restated it for emphasis, “but yes it is unrealistic to expect Americans to all of a sudden become un-American.” Nothing about higher taxes is un-American. We’ve had periods of lower taxes and periods of extremely high tax rates. The trickledown bullshit we’ve been trying for the last few decades isn’t any more American than Eisenhower’s 91% top tax rate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT