POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And yet the right has consistently passed laws governing how one treats their body, such as anti-abortion and anti-sodomy laws (which was really just a front to criminalize homosexual activity), to name two off the top of my head.

Both sides try to regulate the body, they just do it in different ways, even though the right doesn't want to admit it.

Uh, yeah, those anti sodomy laws were struck down as unconsitutional and absolutely were on the books to target homosexuals.

What if the right gets back in power and thinks it's for the common good to have everyone inject an anti gay vaccine? Would you still support the government's ability to force someone to inject something into their body for the "common good"?

Reactions: mdlUK.1
So longtime board hero Rand Paul is going to side with the dems on the national emergency block. Will that make him persona non grata around here?

So longtime board hero Rand Paul is going to side with the dems on the national emergency block. Will that make him persona non grata around here?
Well, unlike the lib/dims, I can disagree with him on this issue and still think he is a good person.

So people should be forced to inject chemicals into their bodies if the state deems it's for the common good?
When kids are denied immunity to various diseases by their parents & the kids catch the disease, the parents need to be prosecuted for child abuse. Otherwise, I'm fine with it.

I'm not anti vaccination because I think its stupid as f**k. That said here In America you are allowed to spout shit that's stupid as f**k. Pretty sure the 1st amendment still exists.

Reactions: duke4life831
Uh, yeah, those anti sodomy laws were struck down as unconsitutional and absolutely were on the books to target homosexuals.

What if the right gets back in power and thinks it's for the common good to have everyone inject an anti gay vaccine? Would you still support the government's ability to force someone to inject something into their body for the "common good"?
So you're just going to make up shit for your arguments now? Come back to me when you start living in reality then.

They do have jobs. E.g., when KY tries to reform teachers pensions, teachers show up in Frankfort & not at their jobs & shutdown schools.

They really care about kids & their jobs. LOL.

So every teacher is a liberal who helps keep the left organized. Gotcha.

Nope.

I do want Trump to declare a national emergency, but only because I want the Court to issue a broad sweeping limit on executive power. Because I know if Trump succeeds with the emergency declaration, as soon as a D is back in office they'll abuse it too.

Basically the exact same reason why I don't want the government deciding they can start injecting chemicals into people they deem is for the common good. I'm not a short sighted nincompoop.

So you would or wouldn't like it if the government came up with a vaccine you didn't want to take, but they forced you to take it for the common good?
Like I said, come back to me when you start living in reality instead of making up some stupid shit like an anti-gay vaccine, which wouldn't be illegal for the government to force people to have anyways.

Like I said, come back to me when you start living in reality instead of making up some stupid shit like an anti-gay vaccine, which wouldn't be illegal for the government to force people to have anyways.

What would you like to use? The government deems it's in the common good to force people to inject anti depressants so we're all happier? Base levels of the truth serum the CIA uses on terrorists so we're all more honest?

I do want Trump to declare a national emergency, but only because I want the Court to issue a broad sweeping limit on executive power. Because I know if Trump succeeds with the emergency declaration, as soon as a D is back in office they'll abuse it too.
Something we can actually agree on. Well i don't want him to declare it because I have no confidence in the current SCOTUS doing anything to limit executive power given how much the conservative members of the court, especially Kavanuagh, believe in broad powers for the President, but executive powers definitely need to be brought in line.

What would you like to use? The government deems it's in the common good to force people to inject anti depressants so we're all happier? Base levels of the truth serum the CIA uses on terrorists so we're all more honest?
You're comparing vaccinations for deadly, contagious diseases to stuff that aren't deadly, contagious diseases. If you can't carry on a serious conversation about this then just STFU.

Last edited:
If you can't carry on a serious conversation about this then just STFU.

You f***** wash division 3 athletes' jock straps. I wish the gov't made you take two injections. 1. For your insane amount of stupidity 2. Keep you from having kids. Chemical castration.

Literally everything mentioned about vaccines was so over your head . You're a GD gym teacher for christ sakes. How about you STFU

Reactions: screwduke1
You're comparing vaccinations for deadly, contagious diseases to stuff that aren't deadly, contagious diseases. If you can't carry on a serious conversation about this then just STFU.
You still have not commented on your hypocrisy of an open border for people who are not vetted and probably not vaccinated either. How do you propose to deal with that? Only Americans should follow the rule of American law?

Reactions: DidneyWorl

I should have told that to my professors in law school. "Stop making analogies, I don't like them."

Would have made Con Law a lot more fun if we got to argue with feelings, not with established legal precedent.

Carry on. I think we're done here.

I should have told that to my professors in law school. "Stop making analogies, I don't like them."

Would have made Con Law a lot more fun if we got to argue with feelings, not with established legal precedent.

Carry on. I think we're done here.

I knew where this topic was headed as soon as his dumb ass starting chiming in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT