POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moses said, Thou shall not Kill ( or murder)... don't recall him specifying species. :smiley:

I do know and have discussed with a couple of women over the years who have had abortions. I must say that while neither was proud or happy that they had done so, neither had any regrets at least that they were willing to share.
I do realize that many women do suffer emotionally from the decision. Women (and men) also often suffer emotionally from relationships that go bad, marriages that end in divorces or are strife with violence. Decisions made to say or not say or do or not do things for loved ones. My wife didn't have the best relationship with her mother. It wasn't a bad relationship but there never seemed to be that unconditional love that I always felt from my parents. From my POV their were always petty spats going on somewhere in the triangle of my wife, her mother and sister. I know they all loved each other but they had a difficult time showing it. When her mother suddenly became ill and soon died there were many, many regrets felt by both my wife and her sister. If anything positive came from it is that my wife and her sister have never been closer.
My point is we all make decisions and sometimes we regret those decisions. What we learn and how we move on from those decisions is what matters.

“He shall lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him. Then he shall kill the bull before the Lord” (Lev 1: 4–5).

Animals (species) allowed for sacrifice were oxen, sheep, goats, and pigeons.

Brush up on your Bible.

Stipulated: Abortions are a tragedy for all involved and few feel good about it

Other than the drop in dukie, have any of the other liberals/dems dared state their HRC support?
Not a Dem per se but I'm definitely an old-school liberal, and I loathe Hillary and Bill. Bill is the only Republican I have ever voted for in a POTUS election and I go back to Carter. If Hillary is the nominee then I will either write Bernie in or vote for Jill Stein. I think the DNC and the Clintons are fooling themselves if they think a significant segment of Sanders' supporters will support HIllary.

“He shall lay his hand on the head of the burnt offering, and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him. Then he shall kill the bull before the Lord” (Lev 1: 4–5).

Animals (species) allowed for sacrifice were oxen, sheep, goats, and pigeons.

Brush up on your Bible.

Stipulated: Abortions are a tragedy for all involved and few feel good about it
Can't use Leviticus. Old covenant. Sorry. Not my rules.

Dammit I really hate religion, and anyone that ruins others because of their stupid belief. Guess what, your god is the same as theirs... fake.

ram, Pew does not say what I posted is not true. It says that "conservative Christianity" is strong. Are Southern Baptist not considered "conservative"? How about LDS?
If I pointed out that attendance to live sporting events is declining (which is true) the fact that one school or one team sees an increase doesn't make the larger discussion not true.
What you have seen is an increase in independent non-denominational churches. Basically, people looking for churches to validate their beliefs, to preach to the choir.

What you have seen is an increase in independent non-denominational churches. Basically, people looking for churches to validate their beliefs, to preach to the choir.

I actually agree with this. At least in the US. Not much 'take up your cross and follow Me'.

Reactions: Mashburned
John Boehner calls Ted Cruz "Lucifer".

When it comes to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, even a few months’ time out of Congress has done little to lessen former Speaker John Boehner’s contempt for his former Capitol Hill colleague.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner told an audience at Stanford on Wednesday night, according to the Stanford Daily. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/john-beohner-ted-cruz-lucifer-222570

John Boehner calls Ted Cruz "Lucifer".

When it comes to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, even a few months’ time out of Congress has done little to lessen former Speaker John Boehner’s contempt for his former Capitol Hill colleague.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner told an audience at Stanford on Wednesday night, according to the Stanford Daily. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/john-beohner-ted-cruz-lucifer-222570
Considering the source, I like Cruz even more now.

Boehner absolutely sucked as Speaker, a spineless example of everything that's wrong in American politics.

Eff you John Boehner, you POS.

FRANCE AND BELGIUM WILL BE SHARIA LAW COUNTRIES WITHIN 20 YEARS!!! WAKE UP FOLKS!

I BET YOU $10,000 THIS IS NOT TRUE! Hyperbolic speech and caps lock do not compelling points make.

Trump- Condelizza Rice (to get the female vote)

Ah, yes, the female vote assured. Does that mean every male VP is to ensure the male vote? Maybe Obama was pandering to white males by selecting Biden? White guys be like "Yeah, I identify with him. I bet he also wears ill-fitting khakis."

Kasich - A bag of wet sand

Literally lol'd. Well done.

Have you ever spoken with a woman that had had an abortion that did not suffer emotionally, if not physically from her decision?

Yes.

I actually agree with this. At least in the US. Not much 'take up your cross and follow Me'.

I grew up in the church, even went to a Bible college (briefly) to become a youth minister. There's a lot of gray area or things that just aren't covered, let alone the whole new/old covenant thing and what to carry forward and how to apply it when specific things contradict the big picture points. Sure, some people are just seeking somewhere comfortable. But a lot of people reach different conclusions than the churches they grew up in after some basic research. Or they see their parents' churches as the social clubs of no risk and speaking from power that they often are. You may see shallow faith, but I think a lot of those leaving see Pharisee like tendencies in many traditional churches and their related power centers (social and political).

I think we're in a second age of Protestantism. First wave was the Luther revolution where a big part was just opening up the Bible to the laypeople. This wave also has new information - new translations constantly popping up, many scholars, new historical narratives and knowledge, better knowledge of ancient Greece and language uses during the time things were written, etc... and all available to the layperson through the Internet. It's not at all surprising to me that people find new churches and move away from traditional denominations.

Boehner absolutely sucked as Speaker, a spineless example of everything that's wrong in American politics.

Still don't get the Boehner hate. Maybe Hollywood has really convinced us that everything can be overcome (even the impossible) with sheer fortitude.

Contrary to popular belief and media narratives (you would think 80+% of all americans were pro choice if you guessed reading the headlines) younger people, who are shunning religion at a higher rate, are also shunning the blind acceptance of abortion being a simple medical procedure.
of course young people think like that, more than any generation they have grown up around sonograms & intravenous videos, and know that is a goddamn baby not a nonviable tissue mass or an unperson or whatever Mengele like language that the Hillarys of the world say to make themselves feel better. It is a human being, it is from the earliest of creation, and to not admit that is to be a, heh, science denier.

ram, Pew does not say what I posted is not true. It says that "conservative Christianity" is strong. Are Southern Baptist not considered "conservative"? How about LDS?
If I pointed out that attendance to live sporting events is declining (which is true) the fact that one school or one team sees an increase doesn't make the larger discussion not true.

It is true that Southern Baptists have seen some decline (nowhere near the decline the mainline liberal churches have seen) and are somewhat baffled as why this is happening. They are conservative but I do not even consider the LDS a Christian denomination. They use the same terminology as orthodox Christianity but their definitions of those terms are totally different. I consider them a fourth monotheistic religion, alongside Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Many, many people go into the LDS worldwide but when they learn some of their weird beliefs and their expectations of members they bail out quickly and in huge numbers. The LDS never takes these people off their rolls unless they commit apostasy or specifically request it in writing (which few do). LDS numbers are greatly skewed.

I attend one of those independent non-denominational churches. About five years ago attendance was well under 400. Easter attendance this Easter was 2900 (six services). Most people, if they want to attend church, seek a church that preaches what the Bible says, even if they don't always practice what they have heard. The writings of the Bible are really the only foundation and reason the Church exists. Set aside the clear teachings of the Bible in exchange for being acceptable to non-religious society will most always fail in the long run. They'll give you a pat on the back for being "progressive" but they won't be there Sunday.

Reactions: ram1955
Cruz does bear a strong resemblance to Mr Haney.
CAu5VDiWUAA6jiI.jpg

I agree Starchief. I just don't like to seeing the blurring of lines, watered-down Christianity, Joel Osteen-style teachings.

I know the Bible is constantly attacked, but I believe it's writings are no less a miracle than the virgin birth, or the resurrection. God used men to kill Jesus, and He used multiple men to write the Bible, and yet maintain a continuity of message. Jesus told us to take up your cross and follow Him. It's not intended to be easy, but hard, yet joyful at the same time.

That said, the US is drifting from this. While you certainly see authentic Christianity here in the US, you see it in spades in other countries oftentimes, where persecution occurs, and people die for their faith.

IMHO.

If it's Trump v. Hillary, I think Hillary still wins, and exit polling shows 38% to 35% because ~ 24% of voters will refuse to say or lie.

Contrary to popular belief and media narratives (you would think 80+% of all americans were pro choice if you guessed reading the headlines) younger people, who are shunning religion at a higher rate, are also shunning the blind acceptance of abortion being a simple medical procedure.

Looked at the polling numbers used in the article, and it's hard to draw too many conclusions as the questions are pretty vague - 1) legal in all circumstances, 2) legal only under certain circumstances, and 3) illegal in all circumstances. Support for the first 2 categories was between 75% and 81% (by age group). If you consider "legal only under certain circumstances" to be pro-choice, then it's pretty close to 80%. But that phrase is far, far too broad - is that only for r/l/i, or 20 weeks + r/l/i, or 10 weeks + r/l/i, or 20 weeks + r/l/i + mandatory sonograms?

If it's Trump v. Hillary, I think Hillary still wins, and exit polling shows 38% to 35% because ~ 24% of voters will refuse to say or lie.

I think it would be very close. No landslide even if polls predict it. It will be a "pick your poison" election.

A lot of Repubs find Trump repulsive, but they sure ain't gonna vote for Hillary. When it comes to crunch time, they are going to realize that not voting is a vote for Hillary and they will suck it up and pull the lever for Trump. I believe the majority of Independents will trend for Trump as the best of two bad options. The question is how many AAs and youth will make the effort for Hillary.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ction_2016/24_opt_out_of_a_clinton_trump_race

Last edited:
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I BET YOU $10,000 THIS IS NOT TRUE! Hyperbolic speech and caps lock do not compelling points make.

Ah, yes, the female vote assured. Does that mean every male VP is to ensure the male vote? Maybe Obama was pandering to white males by selecting Biden? White guys be like "Yeah, I identify with him. I bet he also wears ill-fitting khakis."

Literally lol'd. Well done.

Yes.

I grew up in the church, even went to a Bible college (briefly) to become a youth minister. There's a lot of gray area or things that just aren't covered, let alone the whole new/old covenant thing and what to carry forward and how to apply it when specific things contradict the big picture points. Sure, some people are just seeking somewhere comfortable. But a lot of people reach different conclusions than the churches they grew up in after some basic research. Or they see their parents' churches as the social clubs of no risk and speaking from power that they often are. You may see shallow faith, but I think a lot of those leaving see Pharisee like tendencies in many traditional churches and their related power centers (social and political).

I think we're in a second age of Protestantism. First wave was the Luther revolution where a big part was just opening up the Bible to the laypeople. This wave also has new information - new translations constantly popping up, many scholars, new historical narratives and knowledge, better knowledge of ancient Greece and language uses during the time things were written, etc... and all available to the layperson through the Internet. It's not at all surprising to me that people find new churches and move away from traditional denominations.
Check the demographic trends, dummy. Look at how many Jews have fled France in the last 5 years. Look at Sweden, now the rape capitol of Europe, formerly one of the safest countries in the world. (Over 80% of rapes committed by non-native Swedes)

It's amazing how obvious it is what's going to end up happening... it's so obvious because it has happened over and over throughout history.

The Muslims won't assimilate, will breed like rabbits, and once they have a majority, atrocities against any non-muslim will get worse and worse until they either convert or GTFO of the country.

Islam is a virus, a cancer.

Reactions: P19978
Considering the source, I like Cruz even more now.

No a huge Boehner fan but he could work with people and get some things done. It obvious that Cruz is a my way or the highway guy just like Obozo. I am glad the he is he has no real path to be the GOP nominee. If the GOP steals the nomination from Trump at the convention, its going to be for someone other than Cruz.

Check the demographic trends, dummy. Look at how many Jews have fled France in the last 5 years. Look at Sweden, now the rape capitol of Europe, formerly one of the safest countries in the world. (Over 80% of rapes committed by non-native Swedes)

It's amazing how obvious it is what's going to end up happening... it's so obvious because it has happened over and over throughout history.

The Muslims won't assimilate, will breed like rabbits, and once they have a majority, atrocities against any non-muslim will get worse and worse until they either convert or GTFO of the country.

I bet you $10,000 that in no time between and including now and the year 2036 will France and/or Belgium be "Sharia law countries" within any logical meaning of that definition (nationwide or national laws that are defined as Sharia, not some other system or basis). I'll accept interest bearing escrow (because I can rightly guess you can't/won't be able to pay), and we'll split any fees. Failing to accept my bet, please retract your unnecessary personal attack. Thanks, champ.

...I do not even consider the LDS a Christian denomination. They use the same terminology as orthodox Christianity but their definitions of those terms are totally different. I consider them a fourth monotheistic religion...

LDS are polytheists.

I bet you $10,000 that in no time between and including now and the year 2036 will France and/or Belgium be "Sharia law countries" within any logical meaning of that definition (nationwide or national laws that are defined as Sharia, not some other system or basis). I'll accept interest bearing escrow (because I can rightly guess you can't/won't be able to pay), and we'll split any fees. Failing to accept my bet, please retract your unnecessary personal attack. Thanks, champ.
When the muzzies are a majority, WTF do you think is going to happen?!?!

THINK, MCFLY!!

Turkey is fighting right now to avoid having their constitution re-written to reflect sharia law...

It is true that Southern Baptists have seen some decline (nowhere near the decline the mainline liberal churches have seen) and are somewhat baffled as why this is happening. They are conservative but I do not even consider the LDS a Christian denomination. They use the same terminology as orthodox Christianity but their definitions of those terms are totally different. I consider them a fourth monotheistic religion, alongside Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Many, many people go into the LDS worldwide but when they learn some of their weird beliefs and their expectations of members they bail out quickly and in huge numbers. The LDS never takes these people off their rolls unless they commit apostasy or specifically request it in writing (which few do). LDS numbers are greatly skewed.

I attend one of those independent non-denominational churches. About five years ago attendance was well under 400. Easter attendance this Easter was 2900 (six services). Most people, if they want to attend church, seek a church that preaches what the Bible says, even if they don't always practice what they have heard. The writings of the Bible are really the only foundation and reason the Church exists. Set aside the clear teachings of the Bible in exchange for being acceptable to non-religious society will most always fail in the long run. They'll give you a pat on the back for being "progressive" but they won't be there Sunday.
star, the Bible says a lot of things and many of them are contradictory. New Testament or Old Testament...favor this apostle over that one. The Amish live the way they do because they say it is the way the Bible tells them to live. Do you live like the Amish?
The simple fact is that with little effort one can find scripture to support just about any feeling, anything people want to believe. Racism, slavery, mans dominion over women, capital punishment, beating your kids... all you have to do is cherry-pick the parts you like and ignore/explain away the rest.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack

Reading an interesting book that chronicles Lebanon's fall from a predominately western civilization that accommodated and allowed for islamic involvement in its government to a country that is predominately muslim. They allow polygamy...cited bin laden's family...just he and his father had something like 50+ offspring. Their goal is to take over....and they don't do it peacefully. We are not safe. Certainly not pc, but not allowing muslim's or their sympathizers into our country would be in our best interests. Some will decry the loss of liberty, freedom of religion, etc....but when a country becomes controlled by muslims, liberty and freedom are not their primary values.

On campus yesterday, they had Islam Awareness week and was doing the "hijab challenge" and experience what it's like to wear it and help eliminate stereotypes. So naturally, a lot of leftist whites were all about it.

No one benefits from them being in their country. They don't assimilate, they are an economical burden and they're violent and increase rape everywhere they go. They don't change. They expect you to change.

On campus yesterday, they had Islam Awareness week and was doing the "hijab challenge" and experience what it's like to wear it and help eliminate stereotypes. So naturally, a lot of leftist whites were all about it.

No one benefits from them being in their country. They don't assimilate, they are an economical burden and they're violent and increase rape everywhere they go. They don't change. They expect you to change.

Sooooo, how did you look in your hijab?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: KingOfBBN

[roll]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT